What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (1 Viewer)

Didn't it include a likely early 2021 1st too? 

Still a very strong offer in that case but guys like Burrow and Ridley in that format as others have said are easy to replace and you have to factor in the strong players that will have to be cut to keep them as if they were part of the trade as well. 

In keeper leagues the guys that generally have success are the ones that typically make offers like this. Ones that look like "Holy crap that's an insane offer" type deals but are really much more modest downgrades when you consider the value of the keeper spots opened up as part of the deal. 
I think you’re undervaluing Ridley / Mixon by a lot. 

In any format those two are probably enough to get it done. But in a keep 10 format with no cap, the 1.0X pushes it over the top. 

and if Burrow comes out strong, he’s at the  very least a trade chip for a rebuilding team 

they’re all trade chips actually. Just from that perspective he’s turning CEH into 4 valuable pieces to trade with. Could arguably parlay this still further.

i would break my wrist accepting this deal in a keep-10, 12-team dynasty. 

Each to their own. 

I think you’re undervaluing Ridley / Mixon by a lot. 

In any format those two are probably enough to get it done. But in a keep 10 format with no cap, the 1.0X pushes it over the top. 

and if Burrow comes out strong, he’s at the  very least a trade chip for a rebuilding team 

they’re all trade chips actually. Just from that perspective he’s turning CEH into 4 valuable pieces to trade with. Could arguably parlay this still further.

i would break my wrist accepting this deal in a keep-10, 12-team dynasty. 

Each to their own. 
How many times have your wrists been broken? 

Wonder if the Ridley owner regrets paying that much for CEH about now.  

Also breaking: Burrow worth more than a kicker. :whistle:

and mixon and a 1.xx

why can’t I ever get trade offers like that? Man. 

@hispeedthinmint you can laugh at my response to you, but it only makes you look clueless. 

Metcalf and CEH are both top 20(ish) dynasty assets. You'd need to add to Metcalf to get CEH but that offer isn't as insulting as you want to make it out to be and I'm a huge believer in CEH.

Since 95% of your posts are asking others to make decisions for you , I would think you would value input - but you'll get no more from me. 

Someone disagrees with you & you run away & pout? Come on, you are supposed to be mature. So you would take Metcalf straight up for CEH? I'm not selling CEH for just Metcalf. Set a better example, man. SMH
No, disagreement is fine but I don't have time for disrespect - especially from someone that adds nothing but spamming multiple topics with posts that belong in the ACF. And if you think I said the bolded it shows more cluelessness. 

Both of you drop it and keep this to 100% football and be more cool to each other.
Your site, but one person (Dr. Octopus) adds relevant information to threads and the other (Hisspeedthinmints) asks league specific questions in as many threads as he can stretch it to, while also trade raping his leagues. For you, coming in at the end I understand you don't have time to read through all your threads and understand every argument, but this what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your site, but one person (Dr. Octopus) adds relevant information to threads and the other (Hisspeedthinmints) acts league specific questions in as many threads as he can stretch it to, while also trade raping his leagues. For you, coming in at the end I understand you don't have time to read through all your threads and understand every argument, but this what is going on.
Great. Stop all that.

League specific stuff needs to be in the Assistant Coach. 

For everyone, be cool to each other. Thanks. 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 10 times for 38 yards and caught 6-of-8 targets for 32 yards in the Chiefs' Week 2 overtime win over the Chargers.

Edwards-Helaire was far more involved as a receiver out of the backfield in Week 2, particularly late in the game during Patrick Mahomes' comeback victory. Part of that was to beat the Chargers' zone defense. Part of that was because Darrel Williams left with an ankle injury. Either way, it's good news for CEH after surprisingly going catchless in the season opener. The Chiefs offense likely rebounds after this rare 23-point performance in Week 3 when they face the Ravens in what could be the game of the regular season. Edwards-Helaire doesn't have a great individual matchup then but remains a locked-in RB1 with talent, touches, and team on his side.

Sep 20, 2020, 8:17 PM ET

Plenty of involvement and they obviously want to get creative with him.

Lines up at WR a plenty.

Over 100 yards from scrimmage and fought hard for some tough yards running the ball.

Mahomes missed him on a td early which would have made for a great night.

I just get the feeling he’s in for a monster game sooner than later.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 20 times for 64 yards and caught 5-of-6 targets for 70 yards in the Chiefs' Week 3 win over the Ravens Monday night.

The rookie now has a pair of 25-touch games in the first three weeks sandwiched around a 16-touch Week 2 against the Chargers. The touchdowns haven't been there for Edwards-Helaire yet with just one end-zone trip to his name thus far, but they're coming for him. He has one of the highest floors among fantasy running backs but will get another tough Week 4 draw against the Patriots. After seeing just two targets in Week 1, CEH has been targeted 14 times the last two weeks. Keep firing him up as an elite RB1 next week.

- Rotoworld

I’ve been a member of this board for nearly a decade and I still don’t know what this means when people post it.
It's a quick way to put an entry in a post so that it will then stand out as one you have posted in and have an interest in when you are scrolling through the other posts.

Plenty of involvement and they obviously want to get creative with him.

Lines up at WR a plenty.

Over 100 yards from scrimmage and fought hard for some tough yards running the ball.

Mahomes missed him on a td early which would have made for a great night.

I just get the feeling he’s in for a monster game sooner than later.
Weeks 7 through 9:

@Den, NYJ, Car

Also in the playoffs he has Miami and ATL 

If Clyde Edwards-Helaire hadn’t gone to the Chiefs in the first round of this year’s NFL draft, he might have gone to the Cowboys in the second.

That’s the word from Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones, who said today on 105.3 The Fan that he thinks Edwards-Helaire has made the Chiefs even better than they were last year. Jones said he would have loved to pair Edwards-Helaire with Ezekiel Elliott.

“I see a team that is clicking, they’re the Super Bowl champs and they look like they got better — the running back is outstanding, I watched him live last year at LSU,” Jones said. “I loved him in the draft. I was dreaming that he might get over in the second and be where we could look at him. He’s an exceptional player.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/jerry-jones-i-was-dreaming-we-could-draft-clyde-edwards-helaire-in-round-2/

CEH looks good out of the backfield in passing situations. Apparently just the token threat of him running the football is enough to open up some stuff for himself and others. 20 for 64 is an ugly line, 5-6 for 70 is much better. That's more like it for him. He should be heavily involved in their passing offense going forward.  

CEH looks good out of the backfield in passing situations. Apparently just the token threat of him running the football is enough to open up some stuff for himself and others. 20 for 64 is an ugly line, 5-6 for 70 is much better. That's more like it for him. He should be heavily involved in their passing offense going forward.  
Yeah. Granted. About 5-7 of those carries were just running into the line to ice the clock on the last 2-3 series.

But, he didn’t get many chunk runs. He does stay in his feet and is hard to bring down. His time for some big gains is coming and the running lanes will be there if mahomes keeps dealing.

Yeah. Granted. About 5-7 of those carries were just running into the line to ice the clock on the last 2-3 series.

But, he didn’t get many chunk runs. He does stay in his feet and is hard to bring down. His time for some big gains is coming and the running lanes will be there if mahomes keeps dealing.
I'm still not sold on him as a running threat in the grand scheme of things, but I agree the big gains are coming if he keeps facing sparse fronts. He's actually weirdly not hard to bring down if you catch it right. He's so small it's hard to get leverage, and in that respect you're right, but otherwise he takes some big hits, actually, from what I've seen. That's just my naked eye, though, and I'm no scout. But he seems to get swallowed a bit when he's not juking bigger defenders. 

The first game he played against six in the box and went for a nice rushing total. An excellent one, actually. Then the Chargers unheralded but really good defense took away what the Chiefs like to do, keyed on him a bit out of the backfield, and generally used their pass rush to really disrupt the Chiefs. Baltimore didn't even come close to slowing them down. Houston played die by slow poison, and got it. Baltimore played live fast, die young, and died young.

But CEH looks to have an excellent fantasy floor and the other backs really aren't challenging for any playing time. They're just not that good.

I'm still not sold on him as a running threat in the grand scheme of things, but I agree the big gains are coming if he keeps facing sparse fronts. He's actually weirdly not hard to bring down if you catch it right. He's so small it's hard to get leverage, and in that respect you're right, but otherwise he takes some big hits, actually, from what I've seen. That's just my naked eye, though, and I'm no scout. But he seems to get swallowed a bit when he's not juking bigger defenders. 

The first game he played against six in the box and went for a nice rushing total. An excellent one, actually. Then the Chargers unheralded but really good defense took away what the Chiefs like to do, keyed on him a bit out of the backfield, and generally used their pass rush to really disrupt the Chiefs. Baltimore didn't even come close to slowing them down. Houston played die by slow poison, and got it. Baltimore played live fast, die young, and died young.

But CEH looks to have an excellent fantasy floor and the other backs really aren't challenging for any playing time. They're just not that good.
I agree. After 3 games. Punching one in from within the 5 doesn’t seem like it’s gonna happen often. I will never say never. He did get a look in the passing game there on the first drive inside the five which is nice.

Most of his rushing tds will seemingly come from 10+ yards out, but watching him I believe he’s going to start breaking more of those.

I understand your point about leverage and getting swarm tackled. But I think that leverage is gonna help him break some big ones where a defender things they have him down and he hits the next level. The first play here from last night is exactly what I was thinking of in my head when I say he looks hard to take down.

https://youtu.be/UjCmVaRzqxk

Hell, that whistle was necessary because his progress was stopped, but he was still ready to slip a tackle and go.

I think we are both in agreement. 

I think we are both in agreement. 
I think we are, and I haven't clicked the link but I'm pretty sure I know what play you're talking about. I just did. And it was that. He's going to be hard for DBs to tackle, but not necessarily LBs or DEs. If he can get to the second level -- which he will against fronts that can't stack -- he'll be a tougher guy to bring down.

KC is not a great run blocking OL. Not built for it, nor is he for short yardage/GL. But he will get his in the short to medium passing game. 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 16 times for 64 yards, hauling in all three of his targets for 27 yards in Kansas City's Week 4 win over New England.

It was a ho-hum performance for the rookie, who did encouragingly handle at least 16 touches for the fourth consecutive game (and 19 in 3-of-4). Darrel Williams meanwhile was only called on for a single carry, getting out-snapped 41 to 15. Expect Edwards-Helaire to bounce back in a higher scoring affair in Week 5 against Las Vegas.

Oct 5, 2020, 10:21 PM ET

Didn’t look too special tonight. Had a couple nice runs/moves but I kind of expected more agains NE

It seems like they are are running him into the gut of the line a lot...I think as they get a little more creative the numbers are gonna pop even more.

CEH and Miles Sanders seem like the same player this year. Plenty of touches. Higher floor. Extremely low ceiling. 

Unfortunately I drafted both with my first two picks in redraft. 

I had roses colored glasses for CEH watching last weeks game. But this week my arrow is pointing down. Too much trickeration in the red zone equals lack of true opportunity for scores.

He can still have some blowup games, but what it cost to get him in redraft this year is currently way too expensive and not producing ROI.

? He has a very high floor and seems to get close to 10 FP in standard even if he doesn't get a TD. With an easier sched coming up I'll take that RB1 usage.
This is funny in how different that narrative is compared to another rookie rb who isn’t averaging that much less per game

CEH and Miles Sanders seem like the same player this year. Plenty of touches. Higher floor. Extremely low ceiling. 

Unfortunately I drafted both with my first two picks in redraft. 

I had roses colored glasses for CEH watching last weeks game. But this week my arrow is pointing down. Too much trickeration in the red zone equals lack of true opportunity for scores.

He can still have some blowup games, but what it cost to get him in redraft this year is currently way too expensive and not producing ROI.
It's been four games into his abbreviated rookie season, pump the breaks.  He's scored 10+ points in ppr each week.  That puts him at the rb1/2 edge and with one or two big games right in the middle of the rb1 pack.  Whenever I can get a player who I can firmly pencil in good production each week I consider that a win, and so far CEH has given me exactly what I want with room to grow.

Low ceiling for CEH?  He’s RB16 in ppg in my ppr league at 15.8ppg and he’s scored 1 TD after four games.  If he had scored just one more TD he’d be a RB1.  If anyone thinks that the starting RB for the Chiefs is only scoring 4 TDs this year, I’m not sure what to tell you.  CEH is the opposite of low ceiling.

Can't be upset with 16 out of 17 RB carries and 3 out of 4 RB targets. Would hope for a more positive RB script but it was the Pats who held them to no TD's in the first half for only the 3rd time in Mahomes career so far.

Receiving ability will be the key here.  As a runner he looks much worse than I was anticipating after watching him at LSU.  Not as good as Hunt back there but can still be a very good back in that system with his receiving prowess.

Receiving ability will be the key here.  As a runner he looks much worse than I was anticipating after watching him at LSU.  Not as good as Hunt back there but can still be a very good back in that system with his receiving prowess.
He was never that great a runner at LSU and I don't care who said he was -- he was never a chain mover, he's a guy that thrives in open space. That's his key. The problem is when defenses start keying on him out of the backfield and Mahomes has to use his receivers like last night. 

He's RB16 which makes him RB2. He's not overall RB5 like he was being drafted in places. That was silly. 

Users who are viewing this thread