What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (1 Viewer)

the other thing about targeting CEH - it's not like there is some other RB getting all the targets while CEH gets the handoffs.  There were only 2 total targets to any running back in the Baltimore game, neither one to CEH.  The Chiefs have become fixated on the home run (not crazy given their talent) so RB dump-offs aren't a part of the game plan.

I’d love to hear why. I honestly didn’t own him anywhere last year and don’t watch much Jags football. So just curious what we are looking at. He just got dropped to the wire in my league and looking heartily at WR depth or upside any chance I can get.
I think you meant to post this in the Shenault thread.

Just heard a stat on ESPN that he has 30 touches this year and has yet to net a single first down.  Crazy.

I do think Reid fancies himself somewhat the RB whisperer and I could see him forcing the ball to CEH some this week to "prove" he was a good pick.

Im rolling with him over Swift.... Cant give up on him yet
Doing just the opposite. BAL missing a bunch of key pieces on defense and thinking he is just so much more explosive right now than CEH   We will see what the right call was in a few hours 

He will never sniff my lineup again.  He is freakin awful. Officially a 1st round bust for the chiefs.
Agree. He’s average at best.  Any RB on that team will look better than they actually are, but the fumbles are making him show his true self.  

Agree. He’s average at best.  Any RB on that team will look better than they actually are, but the fumbles are making him show his true self.  
First two* since college across two* games. Even in college he didn't fumble.  Lots of reasons not to trust him, but fumbling isn't it.

*I had originally written three.   Turns out it's even less bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed 17 times for 100 yards in the Chiefs' Week 3 loss to the Chargers, adding two receptions for nine additional yards and a touchdown. 

It was a miracle day for CEH's fantasy managers, as he lost his second fumble in as many weeks — just the second of his career — early in the second quarter. Rather than bench him, the Chiefs stuck with it, and the second-year pro responded with the third 100-yard rushing effort of his career. His touchdown was a 10-yarder on a third quarter screen. Darrel Williams did mix in for a season-high nine touches, but there was zero indication the Chiefs have lost faith in CEH despite his uncharacteristic giveaways. He will remain a workload- and environment-based RB2 for next week's meeting with the Eagles' stout defensive front.

He finished with over 100 yards and a TD.  It seems like the Charges defense is pretty good.  After losing the fumble last week, and one this week--I thought they'd say enough.  But they kept going to him, and he had a big game.  

He finished with over 100 yards and a TD.  It seems like the Charges defense is pretty good.  After losing the fumble last week, and one this week--I thought they'd say enough.  But they kept going to him, and he had a big game.  

Actually the Chargers have one of the worst rush defenses in the league (currently worst in yards allowed).   So while it was a good matchup for him, CEH is still nothing but a desperation start going forward.  

Actually the Chargers have one of the worst rush defenses in the league (currently worst in yards allowed).   So while it was a good matchup for him, CEH is still nothing but a desperation start going forward.  
So the starting rb for the chiefs is only a desperation start?

yeah making comments like this with a declaration of "going forward" may seem like an easy hot take at the time.....but you leave yourself open to being wrong big time....

I'm still in the buy low camp. Off season  surgery,  followed by preseason ankle issue, and KC O-line still rounding into form leads me to believe the current upward turn should continue.

I'm still in the buy low camp. Off season  surgery,  followed by preseason ankle issue, and KC O-line still rounding into form leads me to believe the current upward turn should continue.
I can see that...  but I was looking at the upcoming Defense schedule:  Buff #4, WFT #12, Tenn #8 run def rank (MFL)

I just don't think he will be the focus against the tougher defenses like the early games vs Clev, Balt schemes. 

I can see that...  but I was looking at the upcoming Defense schedule:  Buff #4, WFT #12, Tenn #8 run def rank (MFL)

I just don't think he will be the focus against the tougher defenses like the early games vs Clev, Balt schemes. 
Buffalo game will be a tough matchup, likely a passing shootout and tough rush defense. Wash overall defense is trash so far this year, near the bottom of the league in yards and points. Will likely just depend on game flow there. TENN can be run on  as Arizona showed that. Their still solid but the ranking is somewhat due to quality of opponents like the Jets or Indy that abandoned the run in week 3.

wgoldsph said:
Two weeks of 100 and a td.  Sky still falling?
Had another TD vultured by Williams yesterday too. CEH had a 10 yard gain and got tackled at the 1 so it’s not like he got stuffed at the goal line or something.

is that the same as nothing more than a  "desperation start"....or are we backing off that a little....?....

I still consider him a desperation start, maybe a what the heck flex when given a good match up.  I still expect lots of stinkers from him in the coming weeks.  

I'm assuming most of those who have drafted him value him higher and probably have a different opinion than me, which is fine, and this thread probably has a higher concentration of people that are higher on him than me.  He was strictly on my do not draft list and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I still consider him a desperation start, maybe a what the heck flex when given a good match up.  I still expect lots of stinkers from him in the coming weeks.  

I'm assuming most of those who have drafted him value him higher and probably have a different opinion than me, which is fine, and this thread probably has a higher concentration of people that are higher on him than me.  He was strictly on my do not draft list and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. 
Desperation start to me says there's around 50 people you'd rather have in that place.   Flex says around 30.  I don't know if you mean what you're saying.

Desperation start to me says there's around 50 people you'd rather have in that place.   Flex says around 30.  I don't know if you mean what you're saying.
thats kind of where I was going....desperation start usually means someone you are plucking off the WW to plug in or that handcuff you have been carrying and you have to start even though the real starter is healthy.....CEH would not last two seconds on a WW and is playing as a top 21 RB in PPR right now...a tackled yard/TD away from top 15.. @GreenNGold threw out a hot take after a bad week 2 and it's not aging well so far....and "moving forward" the team has continued to show confidence in him after bad fumbles, etc...

thats kind of where I was going....desperation start usually means someone you are plucking off the WW to plug in or that handcuff you have been carrying and you have to start even though the real starter is healthy.....CEH would not last two seconds on a WW and is playing as a top 21 RB in PPR right now...a tackled yard/TD away from top 15.. @GreenNGold threw out a hot take after a bad week 2 and it's not aging well so far....and "moving forward" the team has continued to show confidence in him after bad fumbles, etc...
He might not be the rb1 top 3 guy I was hoping for before the season, but he's very easily a rb2. And depending on injuries, which hit rbs the hardest, he could end up on the rb1 fringe.

Green’s comment reeks of someone who is unable to change their mind as more data is presented. I’ll take my chances with CEH in my RB2 slot all day. 

CEH feel like a player who was probably drafted appropriately in redraft this year. The disparity in his performance relative to his draft capital in dynasty is that he's still not catching many passes. His biggest selling points that led to being over-drafted at 1.01 were: 1) Reid's success w/ Westbrook, 2) the Chiefs dynamic offense, 3) he was going to catch a lot of passes. In order for him to be more than a game script RB he's really going to need to catch more balls. He's not fast enough to get breakaway runs, and he's not nearly as strong as his thicccness would lead you to believe.

His dynasty value is still a bit of a fantasy enigma to me.

Users who are viewing this thread