Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bears-Lions - Week 13 - THANKSGIVING DAY

My fondest FF Thanksgiving memory was 1995 versus the Vikings. I drafted Sanders, Scott Mitchell and Hanson. Mitchell had 410 yards and 4 TDs, Sanders had 100 yards including a 50 yard TD, and Hanson made 3 FGs as the Lions beat the Vikings and Warren Moon in a high scoring game and key game for the playoffs.

I love it when Rotoworld looks bad

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports David Blough will start Week 13 against the Bears.

Jeff Driskel (hamstring) is too sore to be relied upon as the starter, but the expectation is that Driskel will be the backup. In terms of strictly passing, it's a pretty lateral move for the Lions as Driskel has shown below-average arm talent. With that said, there are very few signs for optimism with Blough as the starter. Blough was an average Power 5 starter at Purdue and offers very little with his legs.

I mean he seems to be moving and navigating the pocket real well.

Edited by The Frankman

1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

I love it when Rotoworld looks bad

I mean he seems to be moving and navigating the pocket real well.

I assume they meant from a fantasy perspective. He’s not providing much on the ground. He had 52 yards rushing last year at Purdue.

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

SMH. That second down throw. Had all day to throw it. Was not pestered. He stepped into it. Fell into the ground two yards before the receiver. He can't seem to throw a football.

Maybe he has consistency issues, he is a rook.

OH you meant Trubisky.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Just now, barackdhouse said:

SMH. That second down throw. Had all day to throw it. Was not pestered. He stepped into it. Fell into the ground two yards before the receiver. He can't seem to throw a football.

He's lucky that was, because I was watching Robinson at the beginning of his route, as was everybody else, including Trubisky. If he doesn't skip that into a closing window that's a pick.  

2 minutes ago, Scut Farkus said:

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt

Oh I was just commenting on your "Please See Mine..." 

Not so much self-incriminating, Scut. Happy Thanksgiving.  

How is that a catch?

How is that ball dead when Detroit doesn't fall on it cleanly?

How was that not helmet-to-helmet?   

So many things... 

Edited by Encumbrance

Lots of stuff wrong with Bears and their personnel, not the least being almost starting the second quarter with ten guys and then that demonstrably foolish motion set up on that last play.  

3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

everybody loves David Blough now except Bears fans and Under Bettors

Perhaps the Bears will one day have a quarterback of the elite calibre that is David Blough.

(Although I'm sure Nagy's play-calling could even make Lamar Jackson look like ###.)

Edited by Lascelle
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1