What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears-Lions - Week 13 - THANKSGIVING DAY (1 Viewer)

My fondest FF Thanksgiving memory was 1995 versus the Vikings. I drafted Sanders, Scott Mitchell and Hanson. Mitchell had 410 yards and 4 TDs, Sanders had 100 yards including a 50 yard TD, and Hanson made 3 FGs as the Lions beat the Vikings and Warren Moon in a high scoring game and key game for the playoffs.

From a fantasy perspective, it's going to be kind of neat for me to see the Bears have to throw the ball and play with a little urgency for the time being.  

I love it when Rotoworld looks bad

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports David Blough will start Week 13 against the Bears.

Jeff Driskel (hamstring) is too sore to be relied upon as the starter, but the expectation is that Driskel will be the backup. In terms of strictly passing, it's a pretty lateral move for the Lions as Driskel has shown below-average arm talent. With that said, there are very few signs for optimism with Blough as the starter. Blough was an average Power 5 starter at Purdue and offers very little with his legs.
I mean he seems to be moving and navigating the pocket real well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this just got totally ########ed. Sorry. There's no decorum in that curse, but that's what just happened to everybody's reasoned expectation of this game. 

SMH. That second down throw. Had all day to throw it. Was not pestered. He stepped into it. Fell into the ground two yards before the receiver. He can't seem to throw a football.

SMH. That second down throw. Had all day to throw it. Was not pestered. He stepped into it. Fell into the ground two yards before the receiver. He can't seem to throw a football.
He's lucky that was, because I was watching Robinson at the beginning of his route, as was everybody else, including Trubisky. If he doesn't skip that into a closing window that's a pick.  

He's lucky that was, because I was watching Robinson at the beginning of his route, as was everybody else, including Trubisky. If he doesn't skip that into a closing window that's a pick.  
He's not good enough to throw it short on purpose. I agree it would have been tight.

How is that a catch?

How is that ball dead when Detroit doesn't fall on it cleanly?

How was that not helmet-to-helmet?   

So many things... 

What a disaster that play is.  Should be roughing the passer and it isn't a catch, but they call it Lions ball?

That entire play encapsulates the officials in 2019. The QB hit blatantly in the head with an official staring right at him. Follow that up with calling that a catch and fumble 🤦‍♂️ 

Lots of stuff wrong with Bears and their personnel, not the least being almost starting the second quarter with ten guys and then that demonstrably foolish motion set up on that last play.  

Golladay having a day.  

Almost took him out this morning.  Would have had to give myself a Thanksgiving punch in the face 

Did he really just do that?  Dude, just don't touch when he's running to his right and throwing off of his back foot. How stupid.  

Unbelievable stupidity. Why the #### would you extend your hands and push the QB an hour after he threw it away on 3rd and 15? Some will say it was a soft hit but I think you have to call the penalty for no other reason than to punish blatant stupidity and disregard of the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread