What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Happy Thanksgiving Sig! Better bench stash for playoffs (weeks 15/16)? Goedert (have Andrews), R Anderson, Snell, Armstead, Edwards, D Thompson (have McCoy/Darrel)? PPR 

Also this week start 3 (2 RBs/1flex): Carson, OBJ, M Sanders, McCoy or Darrel? PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
So Cecil’s “opinion” is that Lock won’t start until week 16. However, there are reports that he’s practicing with the starters so maybe a chance that he starts this week. What are your thoughts on Lock in a Superflex league if he does start this week? He has great matchups in the playoff rounds. I currently have Wentz and Darnold, but concerned with Darnold’s week 15 (vs BAL) & 16 (vs PIT) bad matchups. If Lock starts this week, I’m thinking I should pick him up now since I just spent my entire FAAB on Penny. Is he worth a speculative add or not worth it even if he starts? Thanks Sig!

Hey sig,

Hope you had a great thanksgiving.

I am fighting for my playoff berth even tho I am top 2 in points in ppr head to head league. Win and I am in, if I lose need some help

Qb: wentz or winston (my opponent has mike evans)

Wr- need 2 of these 3: alshon jeffery, Dk Metcalf and will fuller 

Tight end- I have ertz, if he plays I am using him. I picked up jack doyle. If ertz doesnt go would you use doyle, fant, jonnu smith  or fells.

Thank you 

Sup sig, 

This week I'm playing for first overall, in playoffs(wk15/16) and 25% of pot Thanks to FBG and you!! 

In .5PPR Need 1 TE, 1 Flex:

Olsen Goedert Parker Sony Drake Penny

In Free Agency: Shepard/MWilliams/McCoy/DWill but I would need to drop someone from initial list .. 

thanks again for all your help! 

Bloomin' Onion!  I can still sneak in the back door for a Wild Card spot in my main league.  Too bad I started the rebuild for 2020 already...LOL.

0.5 PPR otherwise standard, 12 teamer.

Pick a QB:  Darnold or Deshaun Watson  (I am leaning Darnold).

Pick 2 RBs:  Ronald Jones or Aaron Jones or Miles Sanders  (This is a tough one given the matchups and with Aaron not being an autostart lately...)

My (not so great) receivers are: C. Kirk; Slayton; Waller and Hollister.    Any reason to bench one for Lazard?  (I would doubt it).

Mucho Gracias Senor!  We do not believe in no triskaidekaphobia...

Hey Sig -

Rostering both of the KC Williams, Snell, and Lat as my rotating RB2. Armstead and Edwards are not rostered.

1. Can/Should I drop Damien Williams for Gus Edwards or Ryquell Armstead? Literally nobody else to drop. 

2. Darrel W or Snell this week?

3. Week 14 Defense: Pitt, Minn, Car?

Thanks, Sig!

Sig,

Thanks for the insights all season!

With news of Tate and Engram out, who's a better flex PPR play, Shepherd or RoJo?

Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring:

Need 1 one the following:

V.McDonald vs Cleve

I.Smith @ Sea

And with T.Y. out need his replacement:

D.Slayton vs GB(weather?)

J.Washington vs Cleve

Happy holidays Bloom!

If Ertz is out, start Goedert over MANdrews I assume? And then for flex, who sits between MANdrews, MSanders and Ekeler?

Are we dropping Engram? Could pick up Lock or Campbell or stash a defense (Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Texans available) for the playoffs. Would hate to see Engram blow up against me in those weak playoff matches vs Miami and Washington. 

TIA and good luck to you!

Hey Sig!

1 PPR Redraft

Which 2 WR's to start: D Hopkins (poor history vs. Pats); J Landry (might be tough sledding in PIT); S Diggs (hit or miss lately); T Lockett (over injury?); D Parker (can he keep it up?)

1 @ Flex: One of the above WR's, one of the TE's below... or Melvin Gordon; Phillip Lindsay

1 @ TE: G Kittle (injury concern); H Henry

QB-ROS to pair with Josh Allen: S Darnold; B Mayfield; R Tannehill

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks in advance!

ppr

*Pick 1 RB to start

-Jacobs at kc or MG111 at den

*Pick 1 QB to start 

-Mahomes vs oak (high winds 20mph) or Winston at jax

*Pick 1 WR to start 

-Edelman at hou or Diggs at sea

* which QB to pick up as backup for playoffs (Mahomes is QB1) - Winston, Tannehill, Stafford-IR...

PPR league.  I’ve secured a bye so I'm now looking to maximize my RB situation and ensure I have the best matchups and RB lotto tickets during the playoffs.

Note: There are two flex positions so I can start as many as 4 RBs weekly.

Here are my current RBs and their schedules week 15 and 16:

Starters: 

* S. Barkley (MIA, @WASH) -- Great matchups. 

* T. Coleman (ATL, LAR) 

* A. Ekeler (MN, OAK)

* K. Drake (CLE, @SEA)

Handcuffs/lotto tickets:

* A. Mattison (@LAC, GB) -- Great matchups if Cook goes down or is rested.

* W. Gallman (MIA, @WASH) -- Handcuff for Barkley. Think worth holding due to schedule and threat of Barkley shutdown.

* L. McCoy (DEN, @CHI) -- Not great, but a piece of KC offense. Who knows how long Damien Williams is out.

* D. Guice (PHI, NYG) -- Hoping by week 15 AP is put out to pasture. Week 15 matchup not great. Basically holding for use in the championship game.

* R. Armstead ( @OAK, @ATL)

The question is, should I drop any of the above for any of the following RBs in waivers?

Available:

* G. Edwards (NYJ, @CLE)

* J. Ajayi (@WASH, DAL)

* C. Edmonds (CLE, @SEA)

* T. Pollard (LAR, @PHI)

* R. Mostert (ATL, LAR)

I'm dying to get Gus since he has standalone value and would be a monster if Ingram goes down. Something seems attractive about grabbing Edmonds and having the AZ backfield (assuming DJ is a non factor). Pollard would be a league winner although Zeke seems like he's made of steel. Ajayi has a great schedule, but who knows about Howard and Mostert is Coleman insurance.

Stand pat?

Or pick up one or two...and drop who?

thanks

Hello.  Hope it was a nice Thanksgiving.

League # 1 PPR: (**w/ a W, I secure playoff bye**)

DEF (Balt or Car) leaning CAR vs WAS

TE (Waller or Olsen) leaning Waller

Flex (Deebo or Crowder)

League # 2 PPR: (**win and I'm very likely in**)

RB pick 2 (Mel Gordon, Jonathon Williams, Sony Michel, Benny Snell) leaning Gordon/Williams

WR pick 2 (Devante, Keenan, MaClaurin) leaning Devante/Keenan

TE (Waller or Doyle)

Flex (any player not chosen above)

THANK YOU

Hey Sig.  Thanks in advance.  

0.5 ppr.   Start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE

Choose 1 out of the following 3 WRs:

C. Kirk vs Rams

D. Samuel vs Ravens

A. Thielen vs Seahawks. 

One RB out of the following:

Ronald Jones(vs Jags) or J. Williams (vs Titans)

Defense question. Looking ahead to week 15 and week 16 to grab Ds on waivers.

Week 15 -- Which?

* PHI @WASH

* KC vs DEN -- Lock at QB?

* GB vs CHI

* DET vs TB

Week 16 - Which?

* KC @CHI

* LAC vs DEN

* WASH vs NYG

* HOU @TB

* WASH vs NYG

Thanks

Hi Mr. Bloom.

PPR League for rest of season, specifically weeks 15 and 16.  Looking for bench depth for playoffs as waivers lock next week  

McCoy or Penny at RB?

McLaurien or Samuel at WR?

thanks in advance!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving with the family Sig,.  As always thanks for the help.

I'm very nervous that Mark Ingram wont be able to go Sunday, and need a backup plan.  The waiver wire is a wasteland.  I need 2 RB's, I'm starting McCaffrey and hopefully Ingram.  I sat D. Montgomery, my only other option,  my only other RB is Bonnafon.

Pick 1 WW scrub for me in case Ingram is a no go.  12 team, 1 PPR, standard scoring.

Barber @ Jax;  Wilson @ Balt;  Ajayi @ Mia;  Whyte vs Cle;  Burkhead @ Hou;  D. washington @ KC;  J. Hill vs SF - sadly this is the best available 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

last week before the playoffs & need a little help:

League 1: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing Redraft league (short bench) (QRRWWTFKD)

Roster:

• QB: L. Jackson
  • RB: Chubb, Henry, Montgomery, Singletary
  • WR: A. Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Mike Williams, Fuller, J. Washington
  • TE: Kelce, H. Henry
  • K: Gay
  • DST: CAR
Q: I should get a 1st round bye; is there anyone of the below you'd add; if so who to drop?

• R. Penny
  • B. Snell
  • Darrell Williams
  • L. McCoy
  • R. Anderson
  • S. Shepard

League 2: 12-team, .5 PPR, Passing TD's = 4pts, 3yr Keeper league (QRRWWTFKD)

Roster 

• QB: Watson, A. Rodgers
  • RB: Kamara, Chubb, Ekeler, Montgomery, Mattison
  • WR: Nuk, Evans, Chark, DK Metcalf, Tyrell WIlliams
  • TE: M. Andrews, Cook
  • K: Butker
  • DST: PHI
Q: Would you drop anyone above for: 

• Darrell Williams
  • Benny Snell
  • R. Armstead
  • Gus Edwards
Q2: WDIS at QB?

• Watson v. NE
  • Rodgers @ NYG

Thanks as always

Hi. Trying to pick my last PPR flex. Presume Edelman, Landry and Melvin are starters. Already played Golladay and Cohen (he was probably a mistake)

So then I have to pick between Marquis Brown or Darrell Williams? Would it change if I am looking to go with the higher floor. 

Thanks!

If David Johnson plays, do you start him over Carlos Hyde or Sammy Watkins as flex?  Ppr

Leaning Hyde but don't like the options. 

Is Evan Engram worth holding or droppable since you won't be able to trust him and what WW options would you recommend for playoff teams hurting at TE?

Right now im leaning this way in stamdard scoring...

RB. Carson and Lindsay

WR. Adams, Chark

Flex. DJ Moore

But can sub in K Allen, Miles Sanders or possibly Darrel Williams...also have Conner but cant trust that shoulder yet.

Sub or stick with my gut on those?  

Weak RB's, strong WR's & TE's. Pls rank who to drop to pick up 2nd DST to pair w/SF or Balt. for 4 week playoff rounds.

Also, drop any to pick up Edmonds or Ajayi or specific high upside RB.

Lg 1:

D. Johnson, D. Samuels, L. Murray, Jam. Williams

Lg 2:

J. Howard, Jam. Williams, R. Jones II, D Waller

Hey Bloom, 

Need 1 RB and 1 Flex in a standard league from the following:

Hunt, Jonathon Williams, Sony, David Johnson, Lockett.

Thanks!

TIA

Standard scoring, non-PPR

Who to start in flex - C. Kirk, Ronald Jones, Jamaal Williams, C. Edmonds, Darrel Williams, D. Slayton

mega_rob said:
Happy Thanksgiving Sig! Better bench stash for playoffs (weeks 15/16)? Goedert (have Andrews), R Anderson, Snell, Armstead, Edwards, D Thompson (have McCoy/Darrel)? PPR 

Also this week start 3 (2 RBs/1flex): Carson, OBJ, M Sanders, McCoy or Darrel? PPR (choosing 2 of the RBs is a coinflip, trust your gut)
dallas

DesertTiger said:
So Cecil’s “opinion” is that Lock won’t start until week 16. However, there are reports that he’s practicing with the starters so maybe a chance that he starts this week. What are your thoughts on Lock in a Superflex league if he does start this week? He has great matchups in the playoff rounds. I currently have Wentz and Darnold, but concerned with Darnold’s week 15 (vs BAL) & 16 (vs PIT) bad matchups. If Lock starts this week, I’m thinking I should pick him up now since I just spent my entire FAAB on Penny. Is he worth a speculative add or not worth it even if he starts? Thanks Sig!
worth a stash in superflex yes

eagles57 said:
Hey sig,

Hope you had a great thanksgiving.

I am fighting for my playoff berth even tho I am top 2 in points in ppr head to head league. Win and I am in, if I lose need some help

Qb: wentz or winston (my opponent has mike evans)

Wr- need 2 of these 3: alshon jeffery, Dk Metcalf and will fuller 

Tight end- I have ertz, if he plays I am using him. I picked up jack doyle. If ertz doesnt go would you use doyle, fant, jonnu smith  or fells.

Thank you 
hope you did too!

Simplysexie said:
Sup sig, 

This week I'm playing for first overall, in playoffs(wk15/16) and 25% of pot Thanks to FBG and you!! 

In .5PPR Need 1 TE, 1 Flex:

Olsen Goedert Parker Sony Drake Penny (open to drake or sony here)

In Free Agency: Shepard/MWilliams/McCoy/DWill but I would need to drop someone from initial list .. darrel over olsen

thanks again for all your help! 

Loomba said:
Bloomin' Onion!  I can still sneak in the back door for a Wild Card spot in my main league.  Too bad I started the rebuild for 2020 already...LOL.

0.5 PPR otherwise standard, 12 teamer.

Pick a QB:  Darnold or Deshaun Watson  (I am leaning Darnold).

Pick 2 RBs:  Ronald Jones or Aaron Jones or Miles Sanders  (This is a tough one given the matchups and with Aaron not being an autostart lately...)

My (not so great) receivers are: C. Kirk; Slayton; Waller and Hollister.    Any reason to bench one for Lazard?  (I would doubt it).

Mucho Gracias Senor!  We do not believe in no triskaidekaphobia...
leave the receivers in good luck!

DBDynasty said:
Hey Sig -

Rostering both of the KC Williams, Snell, and Lat as my rotating RB2. Armstead and Edwards are not rostered.

1. Can/Should I drop Damien Williams for Gus Edwards or Ryquell Armstead? Literally nobody else to drop. yes

2. Darrel W or Snell this week? darrel PPR snell non

3. Week 14 Defense: Pitt, Minn, Car?

Thanks, Sig!

Rubi said:
Thanks Sig,

FPC scoring:

Need 1 one the following:

V.McDonald vs Cleve

I.Smith @ Sea

And with T.Y. out need his replacement:

D.Slayton vs GB(weather?)

J.Washington vs Cleve

flexyplay said:
Happy holidays Bloom!

If Ertz is out, start Goedert over MANdrews I assume? And then for flex, who sits between MANdrews, MSanders and Ekeler?

sit mandrews

Are we dropping Engram? Could pick up Lock or Campbell or stash a defense (Vikings, Packers, Chiefs, Texans available) for the playoffs. Would hate to see Engram blow up against me in those weak playoff matches vs Miami and Washington. 

TIA and good luck to you!
id stash a D

Rileyrott said:
Hey Sig!

1 PPR Redraft

Which 2 WR's to start: D Hopkins (poor history vs. Pats); J Landry (might be tough sledding in PIT); S Diggs (hit or miss lately); T Lockett (over injury?); D Parker (can he keep it up?)

1 @ Flex: One of the above WR's, one of the TE's below... or Melvin Gordon; Phillip Lindsay

1 @ TE: G Kittle (injury concern); H Henry

QB-ROS to pair with Josh Allen: S Darnold; B Mayfield; R Tannehill

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks in advance!

BamaAir said:
ppr

*Pick 1 RB to start

-Jacobs at kc or MG111 at den

*Pick 1 QB to start 

-Mahomes vs oak (high winds 20mph) or Winston at jax

*Pick 1 WR to start 

-Edelman at hou or Diggs at sea

* which QB to pick up as backup for playoffs (Mahomes is QB1) - Winston, Tannehill, Stafford-IR...

Sig,

thanks for always being patient and giving of your time on Twitter and here.

1.) Pick 2 for ppr: Darrel, Snell, AJ Brown.

the fan in me wants to watch Darrel and Brown but logic says Snell has to be the floor pick between to pair with prolly Darrel. Let the fan or logic win? 

2.) Might need in week 14: Auden Tate or Hurns in ppr?

kyoun1e said:
PPR league.  I’ve secured a bye so I'm now looking to maximize my RB situation and ensure I have the best matchups and RB lotto tickets during the playoffs.

Note: There are two flex positions so I can start as many as 4 RBs weekly.

Here are my current RBs and their schedules week 15 and 16:

Starters: 

* S. Barkley (MIA, @WASH) -- Great matchups. 

* T. Coleman (ATL, LAR) 

* A. Ekeler (MN, OAK)

* K. Drake (CLE, @SEA)

Handcuffs/lotto tickets:

* A. Mattison (@LAC, GB) -- Great matchups if Cook goes down or is rested.

* W. Gallman (MIA, @WASH) -- Handcuff for Barkley. Think worth holding due to schedule and threat of Barkley shutdown.

* L. McCoy (DEN, @CHI) -- Not great, but a piece of KC offense. Who knows how long Damien Williams is out.

* D. Guice (PHI, NYG) -- Hoping by week 15 AP is put out to pasture. Week 15 matchup not great. Basically holding for use in the championship game.

* R. Armstead ( @OAK, @ATL)

The question is, should I drop any of the above for any of the following RBs in waivers?

Available:

* G. Edwards (NYJ, @CLE)

* J. Ajayi (@WASH, DAL)

* C. Edmonds (CLE, @SEA)

* T. Pollard (LAR, @PHI)

* R. Mostert (ATL, LAR)

I'm dying to get Gus since he has standalone value and would be a monster if Ingram goes down. Something seems attractive about grabbing Edmonds and having the AZ backfield (assuming DJ is a non factor). Pollard would be a league winner although Zeke seems like he's made of steel. Ajayi has a great schedule, but who knows about Howard and Mostert is Coleman insurance.

Stand pat?

Or pick up one or two...and drop who?

thanks
gus for gallman. great post!

xenon said:
Hello.  Hope it was a nice Thanksgiving.

League # 1 PPR: (**w/ a W, I secure playoff bye**)

DEF (Balt or Car) leaning CAR vs WAS

TE (Waller or Olsen) leaning Waller

Flex (Deebo or Crowder)

League # 2 PPR: (**win and I'm very likely in**)

RB pick 2 (Mel Gordon, Jonathon Williams, Sony Michel, Benny Snell) leaning Gordon/Williams

WR pick 2 (Devante, Keenan, MaClaurin) leaning Devante/Keenan

TE (Waller or Doyle)

Flex (any player not chosen above)

THANK YOU
hope yours was nice too! rouses makes it easy here

UofMAce said:
Hey Sig.  Thanks in advance.  

0.5 ppr.   Start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE

Choose 1 out of the following 3 WRs:

C. Kirk vs Rams

D. Samuel vs Ravens

A. Thielen vs Seahawks 

One RB out of the following:

Ronald Jones(vs Jags) or J. Williams (vs Titans) its a coinflip trust your gut

kyoun1e said:
Defense question. Looking ahead to week 15 and week 16 to grab Ds on waivers.

Week 15 -- Which?

* PHI @WASH

* KC vs DEN -- Lock at QB?

* GB vs CHI

* DET vs TB

Week 16 - Which?

* KC @CHI (open to KC here just to save roster spot)

* LAC vs DEN

* WASH vs NYG

* HOU @TB

* WASH vs NYG

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread