What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Daily Sunglasses (1 Viewer)

Folding Wayfarers. 
I am replacing my trusty Wayfarers that got crushed under a golf cart wheel in a tragic and comically unlucky fashion.

Was going to get same pair (and looking to get something new as well which spurred this).

How are these folding ones comfort wise? Would be nice for traveling.

I wear a pair of Ray Bans (not sure on style) that I had prescription lenses put in. That's a big drawback to being nearsighted. :(

Dickies said:
My new go-to is Blenders. Good quality for the price, especially if you get them during a BOGO or 50% off sale
Like Blenders a lot.   Not expensive at all.   Loved my Maui Jim's, but there in the water off some beach in Aruba.

The General said:
I am replacing my trusty Wayfarers that got crushed under a golf cart wheel in a tragic and comically unlucky fashion.

Was going to get same pair (and looking to get something new as well which spurred this).

How are these folding ones comfort wise? Would be nice for traveling.
They feel exactly the same to me as regular Wayfarers. Just super convenient to be able to fold em up and stuff em in the front pocket of your jeans etc. I’m a big fan. 

Any suggestions on this? My wife bought a pair for me. When I found out she spent $150 I had her return them. I dont wanna ask what her cost.

I want to "upgrade" from the $5.99 rack at Walgreens but also don't want to spend $150. What's decent in the 20-45 range? Is that price range just a glorified $5.99 walgreens rack?

For cheap shades, I prefer Flying Fisherman.  Polarized decent clarity plastic lenses for a reasonable price. I keep several pairs around and don't worry much about losing them.  I rarely wear my more expensive Costa high clarity polarized glass lenses anymore.  Too heavy and not better enough to be worth it.

Let's see.  .  .  I have 2 pair of Rx Maui Jims, 1 pair Rx Revo, and for non Rx have 3 more Mauis, 2 more Revos, 3 Rudy Projects, 4 Ray Bans and a partridge in a pear tree. 🤓

Let's see.  .  .  I have 2 pair of Rx Maui Jims, 1 pair Rx Revo, and for non Rx have 3 more Mauis, 2 more Revos, 3 Rudy Projects, 4 Ray Bans and a partridge in a pear tree. 🤓
Is this inconceivable number driven by a work need or something?

In high school, I once spent $100 on a pair of Bollé sunglasses, but nowadays, I don't spend more than $15. I'm currently using a pair of Ike Renegade polarized fishing sunglasses.

Dickies said:
My new go-to is Blenders. Good quality for the price, especially if you get them during a BOGO or 50% off sale
Looks like they are on sale now, may have to try a couple. Which styles do you like? I'm too destructive to spend money on sunglasses

Last edited by a moderator:
Dickies said:
This. We bought like 8 pair last Christmas for myself and the kids. I have one in each vehicle I use since I’m bad about misplacing them. 

Durable and only about $25-35 each. My first pair I bought a few years ago I lost while working in the yard. I found them the next summer buried in the mud. Washed em off an they were perfect. They have polarized lenses and springs on the hinges. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I trade off the pair of Under Armor Aviator style glasses I got at a golf tournament this year with a pair of Oakley half jacket style glasses that I got at the same golf tourney last year.

One pair each in wayfarer-type styles from Oliver Peoples, Ray Ban, Selima Optique, Persol and Otis.  My left eye was injured when I was young and I need to wear good sunglasses.   

Ahh here's my chance to pimp my buddy's high-end sunglasses company - Initium

No way I'd drop the coin to actually buy them :lol:  but I have 3 pairs 'cuz I've been friends with this guy since grammar school.

He supplies all the eyewear to all Marvel movies.  Yeah, those cool shades that Robert Downey Jr. wears...

I also have a pair of Von Zipper (but tortoise shell color) that I keep in my car in case I leave one of my others at home.

Users who are viewing this thread