What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tee Higgins, CIN (1 Viewer)

Tee Higgins was held out of Thursday's practice with an illness. 

We have not seen any indications Higgins is dealing with the coronavirus, but you just never know these days. We used to let "DNP - illness" pass without a second thought. Now fantasy managers will have to double check Higgins' status on Friday. Provided everything is copacetic, Higgins is a high-end WR2 who can push for WR1 numbers vs. Washington. 

Nov 19, 2020, 4:48 PM ET

Trying to decide between Higgins and Boyd this week.  Boyd had more points on the year but Higgins has been very consistent of late.

Tee Higgins (illness) is practicing Friday.

Higgins missed Thursday's session but is back on the field and should be fine for Sunday against Washington where he's a borderline WR1/2 in what should be an up-pace environment between two bad teams.

Nov 20, 2020, 12:41 PM ET

Thoughts today?

WFT is #2 vs WRs which means a lot of wideouts don't measure up on Sundays vs them...Higgins has had a long run of consecutive games, all WRs have a bad week or two. 

Thoughts today?

WFT is #2 vs WRs which means a lot of wideouts don't measure up on Sundays vs them...Higgins has had a long run of consecutive games, all WRs have a bad week or two. 
I'm looking at what good offensive teams did versus WFT.  The WRs for the Cardinals, Rams and Lions did ok. The #2 rating may be inflated by 2 games vs the Giants, 1 vs the Cowboys in the game Dalton got hurt, and 1 vs the Eagles where Goedert went off.

Del Rio is a good def coach and they can put pressure on the QB. If Burrow has time, Higgins and Boyd should be ok.

Party's over for 2020

I really liked what I saw, will probably be drafted in the 1st 4-5-6 rounds next year. For an undrafted WR in a lot of redraft leagues, he came a long way a s a Rookie. 

I won't be keeping him long this week, just not going to stick around for the Finley experience. 

Yeah...this will be bad for Tee owners.  Was not a good day as it was yesterday...then the injury just sealed it for this year.  Fun having him while it lasted (Fulgham too who now seems irrelevant but for different reasons...bye bye depth)

Joey Burrow@JoeyB

Thanks for all the love. Can’t get rid of me that easy. See ya next year

---------------------------------------

It was fun while it lasted.

Party's over for 2020

I really liked what I saw, will probably be drafted in the 1st 4-5-6 rounds next year. For an undrafted WR in a lot of redraft leagues, he came a long way a s a Rookie. 

I won't be keeping him long this week, just not going to stick around for the Finley experience. 
I was just wondering in my head, if its worth hanging onto Higgins this season. I'm at a resounding meh right now.

Very possible the Bengals are the NFL's worst offense going forward without Burrow/Mixon.

I was just wondering in my head, if its worth hanging onto Higgins this season. I'm at a resounding meh right now.

Very possible the Bengals are the NFL's worst offense going forward without Burrow/Mixon.
You hit it n the head, plus AJ Green is not the alpha dog WR1 we had known in years past so Higgins is almost like a WR1 with no support staff right now, terrible OL, they are in big trouble. 

Is anyone in redraft dropping him? The saints are on my wire and thinking of picking them up for Higgins, who I wouldn’t start again. 

Yikes I mean I am definitely pulling the plug and starting different options moving forward with the couple redraft shares I have, but they each have at least one other scrub that would be an easier drop. My preference would be to at least see what he does this week. If he is really my last depth piece for someone on the wire that I just gotta have, then sure I drop him. Not likely, though. 

Is anyone in redraft dropping him? The saints are on my wire and thinking of picking them up for Higgins, who I wouldn’t start again. 
I need to drop Higgins or Lamb with Mostert coming off IR, and am kind of leaning toward Higgins, even though he's been my WR3 for the last 5 weeks or so.

I'm benching him and he's fairly high now on my "willing to drop" list.

But I'd also be happy to be able to hold him for a couple of weeks to see how thing shake out in Cincinnati now.

Maybe?  Shorter benches and I have he and Fulgham cued up to possibly drop.  

Latavius Murray was dropped and whole I have 5 RBs. I cant really trust RoJo week to week and Murray is just a complete lottery ticket.  So i am definitely picking him up.

Pittman Jr also available still and may try to grab both he and Murray for those two who are now hurting more  than helping (and now depth behind Ridley, Cooks, Chark)

I dropped him. I need the space because I've been rotating a few RB's for my flex and I have nothing steady there. He helped me get a playoff birth so I'm happy. But yes I did drop him. 

Tee Higgins caught 5-of-5 targets for 44 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 12 loss to the Giants. 

A lost day — something that is going to be a theme without Joe Burrow under center — was salvaged by a one-yard score in the dying moments of the fourth quarter. Brandon Allen bought time for Higgins to cut back across the end zone. Allen then found him for the score on one of his only impressive passes of the day. If there is good news for Higgins' fantasy managers, it's that he led the Bengals' offense in receiving production, but there is just no hope here with either Allen or Ryan Finley under center. The Dolphins are a stay-away Week 13 matchup, rendering Higgins a WR4. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Tee Higgins (hamstring) was limited on Wednesday.

Higgins dealt with a hamstring issue back in August, so hopefully this is not the same injury popping up again. The rookie did leave before the final series on Sunday after attempting to hurdle a defender. Stating the obvious, a "limited" session is much better than a "did not participate" tag.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:11 PM ET

Tee Higgins (hamstring) remained "limited" for Thursday's practice. 

Not what you want to see, but back-to-back limited sessions without a downgrade suggest Higgins will be ready to go against the Cowboys' atrocious defense. Displaying a slightly higher than expected floor with Brandon Allen under center, Higgins still sneaks into the top 40 at wide receiver. 

Dec 10, 2020, 6:41 PM ET

Tee Higgins (hamstring) is questionable for Week 14 against the Cowboys.

The rookie was slapped with the 'questionable' tag after being limited in practice throughout the week. Coach Zac Taylor is infamously secretive with his injury outlooks, but Higgins' participation suggests he'll suit up for Cincinnati's softest matchup to date. He'll rank as a low-end FLEX option assuming he's out there against the Cowboys.

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter

Dec 11, 2020, 2:49 PM ET

Safe to drop for a playoff defense (or whatever else you may need) IMO. He's facing the Steelers next weekend.

Fun year, too bad how it's trending. He'll probably be one of those players I always retain some fondness for after he boosted my team as a rook.

Safe to drop for a playoff defense (or whatever else you may need) IMO. He's facing the Steelers next weekend.

Fun year, too bad how it's trending. He'll probably be one of those players I always retain some fondness for after he boosted my team as a rook.
We thinking he has much keeper value or too much risk with Burrow coming back from injury? Have James Robinson too so I’m thinking drop also but wondering. 

GoBirds said:
We thinking he has much keeper value or too much risk with Burrow coming back from injury? Have James Robinson too so I’m thinking drop also but wondering. 
He was trending toward being the #1 WR. I think he's got keeper potential for sure. No idea where burrow will be in his recovery, but if he's a question mark for week 1, I think the Bengals will bring in a better backup option. 

I also think it's possible, and probably likely, that they have a new head coach next year.

ETA: Not saying he'll be a keeper for you, but I would think you have better options to cut, unless it's a really thin league.

Tee Higgins caught 3-of-6 targets for 31 yards in the Bengals' Week 15 win over the Steelers.

Higgins did all of his damage in the first half. With the Bengals controlling this one start to finish and Ryan Finley throwing just 13 passes, there wasn't much room for Higgins to produce. He should be considered a WR3/4 for Week 16 at Houston.

Dec 21, 2020, 11:53 PM ET

Arrow is pointing way up on this kid. Not sure the AJ contract situation for 2021, but assuming he is cut/retires or Fitzgeralded, I'm expecting low end WR1 numbers. Even if Burrow is not at 100%, he's shown against a bad D he is qb proof, which is what you want out of a top dog. This guy just ticks all the boxes for up and coming stud WR.

I moved Jon Taylor for him a month ago so I am glad he’s finishing on a decent note without Burrow. This past week gives me a level of confidence the trade was at the very least a win-win for both owners.

Tee Higgins (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Higgins played through the balky hammy last week in Houston and hung a 6-99-1 line on the Texans. He'll be an upside WR3/4 for the finale against the Ravens.

Dec 30, 2020, 5:06 PM ET

Tee Higgins (hamstring) is questionable to return in Week 17 against the Ravens. 

Higgins pulled up lame after a long catch and run in the first quarter. The rookie crumbled to the turf, screamed, and grabbed his left hamstring. It would be stunning to see Higgins re-enter the meaningless Week 17 game. 

Jan 3, 2021, 1:18 PM ET

Looked like he initially grabbed his knee and then moved his hands up to his hamstring.  Glad to hear it's just hamstring.

Looked like he initially grabbed his knee and then moved his hands up to his hamstring.  Glad to hear it's just hamstring.
I thought he reached for his knee but then he immediately went to the hamstring. Good news. Well, as good as it can be.

Different sources echoing positive vibes for Tee.

Hmmmn.

Tee Higgins 'looks like a completely different player' at Bengals workouts

---------------------------

Team mate Tyler Boyd on Higgins:

https://www.bengals.com/news/one-of-nfl-s-under-the-radar-stars-boyd-ready-to-emerge-as-leader-of-bengals-sta

... "His catch radius," says Boyd, running through his strengths. "His hands are pure, kind of like mine. He's starting to develop into a good route runner. He's striding out. He's starting to become a whole different player in terms of getting better in each area. Catching, running routes and running after the catch. I think this year he'll make a lot more plays after the catch. That will be the biggest improvement in his game."

I love hearing these stories about how well rout running looks and how explosive he looks in practice, BUT...

What do we feel like his value is with Chase in town?  I know there are 100+ targets available, that were vacated by AJ Green.  It is just hard to gauge where Higgins falls in with Boyd still there.

I love hearing these stories about how well rout running looks and how explosive he looks in practice, BUT...

What do we feel like his value is with Chase in town?  I know there are 100+ targets available, that were vacated by AJ Green.  It is just hard to gauge where Higgins falls in with Boyd still there.
Boyd eats mostly from the slot, right? I don’t think he falls off. I’d bet on Chase being the alpha but talent wise all three of them are good players.

fishmang86 said:

I would rank them Chase Higgins Boyd.

Boyd has a career yards per target of 7.8 which is pretty low for a WR. There are several RB doing more than that.

Mike Clay has all 3 projected for 120 targets in 2021. I doubt the distribution is that even. Higgins and Chase will do more with their opportunities than Boyd will.

I would rank them Chase Higgins Boyd.

Boyd has a career yards per target of 7.8 which is pretty low for a WR. There are several RB doing more than that.

Mike Clay has all 3 projected for 120 targets in 2021. I doubt the distribution is that even. Higgins and Chase will do more with their opportunities than Boyd will.
That’s the order I’m seeing for early projections as well. FBGs has them at WR22, WR24 and WR28. FantasyPros has it 27-29-43. Clay has ‘em 26-34-35. Interestingly all 3 have Boyd leading in receptions by a fairly good margin but with far less yards and a couple less TDs, which seems about right to me.

If Burrow stays healthy I expect him to make a big jump. He won’t have the cheat code that Tua & Hurts offer (rushing yards & TDs) but if I’m planting my flag on a second year QB he’s the guy I would want. 

Bengals QB Joe Burrow said he thinks WR Tee Higgins is "going to have a big year."

Burrow also noted that Higgins looks completely different compared to his 2020 form. The Bengals offense took ton the air relentlessly last year when Burrow was healthy. The rookie passer averaged 41.1 attempts per game before going down with a torn ACL in Week 11. Even with the addition of Ja'Marr Chase, there should be plenty of volume for Higgins to follow up on his impressive rookie campaign. Higgins topped 900 yards in 16 games and was on pace to reach the century mark before losing Burrow. While he may get overshadowed by the drafting of Chase, Higgins is an affordable way to make a bet on Cincinnati's offense for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter

Jun 15, 2021, 1:10 PM ET

NBC Sports Edge take:

Speaking Wednesday, Bengals OC Brian Callahan said second-year WR Tee Higgins is "markedly more explosive" this summer.

Higgins was a major bright spot for the Bengals in his rookie season after being taken at the top of the second round at No. 33 overall. He fell 92 yards short of a 1,000-yard rookie season, finishing with an impressive 67-908-6 line on 108 targets as the overall WR40 in half-PPR points per game. Weeks 2-11 with Joe Burrow under center before his torn ACL, Higgins was the WR25. (Higgins played just 15 snaps in Week 1 as a role player before entering the starting lineup in Week 2.) First-rounder Ja'Marr Chase is replacing A.J. Green's snaps and targets, but there should still be plenty of targets for Higgins and even Tyler Boyd in an offense that figures to throw the ball quite a bit and play fast. Higgins is currently being drafted as the WR25.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter

Jun 16, 2021, 3:03 PM ET

More positive wordz

”Bengals OC Brian Callahan said Tee Higgins is “going to play a huge role” in the offense.

The Bengals are “counting on a big leap” from Higgins, who “put a lot of work in the offseason.” While most of the focus has been on Ja’Marr Chase, the Bengals have raved on how good they think Higgins can be, with 2020 second-rounder looking more explosive at OTAs. Higgins, Chase, and Tyler Boyd will all be competing for targets in a pass-heavy Bengals offense.”

:wub:  

Users who are viewing this thread