What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tee Higgins, CIN (3 Viewers)

Last 2 Weeks he has caught 11 of his 13 targets for almost 200 yards and a TD, despite missing Week 1 and trying to find his way Week2, didn't get going until Week 3 and he is already in Top 30 for the season, could rise into the Top 20-25 easily. 

AJ Green is also doing better, not sure if that helps or hinders but I don't see it as a negative right now. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Last 2 Weeks he has caught 11 of his 13 targets for almost 200 yards and a TD, despite missing Week 1 and trying to find his way Week2, didn't get going until Week 3 and he is already in Top 30 for the season, could rise into the Top 20-25 easily. 

AJ Green is also doing better, not sure if that helps or hinders but I don't see it as a negative right now. 
Joe Burrow is leading the league in pass attempts so far. At 41 passing attempts per game so far Burrow is on pace to throw 669 times. So with that amount of volume 3 receivers should still be able to do well.

Higgins only had 15 offensive snaps in the first game and zero targets. I am going to throw that game out and just use what he has done since then. He is averaging 7.1 targets per game which would be 115 targets over 16 games. His catch rate of 62.8% is fine. Especially considering he has a rookie throwing to him and is a rooikie himself. 9.5 yards per target is very good, I would expect that to go down with more opportunities but the catch rate is low enough that could improve.

He is on track to get 800 receiving yards this season which is pretty good for a rookie.

He's limited this year by having 2 other WRs who are getting targets, and sometimes the TE is heavily involved. Burrow and Boyd have clicked since game 1, and now Green has found a role. There are also 3 more games versus the Ravens and Steelers, although one is the last week of the season. For 2021, he's a potential top 10 WE. The Bengal defense could be better in 2021.

Andy Dufresne said:
He's quietly having a very solid year. Is he expensive to acquire, I wonder? 
In redraft I just got him for Gaskin, needed a WR badly with Godwin/M Thomas woes, seems fair enough. 

In dynasty, he's a fortune I think. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In redraft I just got him for Gaskin, needed a WR badly with Godwin/M Thomas woes, seems fair enough. 

In dynasty, he's a fortune I think. 
I just picked him 1.13 and he's pretty much as advertised and more so far. Can't imagine you'll find many sellers. But prepare for first + quality player. 

Andy Dufresne said:
He's quietly having a very solid year. Is he expensive to acquire, I wonder? 
I’m back and forth on offering Lockett for him in one of my dynasty leagues. My team is one of the 2-3 best right now, but Higgins is like 7 years younger. I’m not sure he’d even do it, but it’s tempting.  

I’m back and forth on offering Lockett for him in one of my dynasty leagues. My team is one of the 2-3 best right now, but Higgins is like 7 years younger. I’m not sure he’d even do it, but it’s tempting.  
There is likely no better time to sell Lockett than right now.

How often do you start him? With the way Seattle is playing now, maybe he actually gets enough targets to be a WR one or at least a strong two for the next few seasons. The age gap shouldn't matter too much to you being a contender.

What are the goals of the owner of Higgins?

In a vacuum I think Lockett is worth more than him over the next 3 years and the Higgins owner should take that unless they are rebuilding.

There is likely no better time to sell Lockett than right now.

How often do you start him? With the way Seattle is playing now, maybe he actually gets enough targets to be a WR one or at least a strong two for the next few seasons. The age gap shouldn't matter too much to you being a contender.

What are the goals of the owner of Higgins?

In a vacuum I think Lockett is worth more than him over the next 3 years and the Higgins owner should take that unless they are rebuilding.
I start him every week, but also have D.J. Moore, Chris Godwin, Diontae Johnson and Fulgham (as well as Pittman and Edwards).  I start 3 of these guys every week. That guy actually has Higgins on his Taxi squad, and didn’t activate him at the deadline for some reason.  I agree on the next 3 year take, but it’s after that where I like Higgins.  AJ Green will be gone, and he will still be 24, whereas Lockett will be 31.  There is no better time to move Lockett..I agree with that.  

I start him every week, but also have D.J. Moore, Chris Godwin, Diontae Johnson and Fulgham (as well as Pittman and Edwards).  I start 3 of these guys every week. That guy actually has Higgins on his Taxi squad, and didn’t activate him at the deadline for some reason.  I agree on the next 3 year take, but it’s after that where I like Higgins.  AJ Green will be gone, and he will still be 24, whereas Lockett will be 31.  There is no better time to move Lockett..I agree with that.  
You know your league better than I do.

If I were selling Lockett I would be asking for more than just Higgins for him and I likely wouldnt get anywhere with that.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

According to this ADP Lockett is WR 22 the 47th player overall while Higgins is WR 38 the 77th player overall.

eta - Lockett tends to be undervalued in my view of ADP compared to his performance.

Higgins could get you what in return for Redraft Leagues? 

B2B 18 pt weeks and is a Top 20-25 WR over the last month I'm sure. 

Any ideas? I ask because I have a top heavy WR corp and Higgins is at best a Flex option which isn't bad but I have some other players I can use, I'd like to get better at my RB2 spot. 

Higgins plus Gordon or Henderson would get an owner what in return?

B2B 18 pt weeks and is a Top 20-25 WR over the last month I'm sure. 

Any ideas? I ask because I have a top heavy WR corp and Higgins is at best a Flex option which isn't bad but I have some other players I can use, I'd like to get better at my RB2 spot. 

Higgins plus Gordon or Henderson would get an owner what in return?
curious on your projection going forward on these players MoP. both Gordon and Henderson are performing at roughly RB2 range and projected to perform there ROS in non-PPR, I guess this could be quite different in PPR, but who would you target as an improvement over them? I have Higgins with several other receivers rated in that just-around-top-20 range whom I was thinking about flipping also, so largely same question you're asking from the other side. My target include the two you're trying to unload in Gordon/Henderson plus a backup QB for two Higgins-level receivers. Haven't floated this yet to the other owners.

curious on your projection going forward on these players MoP. both Gordon and Henderson are performing at roughly RB2 range and projected to perform there ROS in non-PPR, I guess this could be quite different in PPR, but who would you target as an improvement over them? I have Higgins with several other receivers rated in that just-around-top-20 range whom I was thinking about flipping also, so largely same question you're asking from the other side. My target include the two you're trying to unload in Gordon/Henderson plus a backup QB for two Higgins-level receivers. Haven't floated this yet to the other owners.
Allow me to roll some names out of the dice thrower if you will, and I have no idea if you can actually pry these guys away but it depends on the construction of the team they are on. 

Would you like to have Hunt in Cleveland with Chubb looming to come back? They've been winning and with ODB going down still lots of room for both RBs to flourish, Cleveland is a Playoff Team right now, with 7 teams getting in, 8-8/9-7 is very likely going to haul in the 7 Spot so they have every reason to unload and get the ball into their best player's hands. Hunt adds an element to the passing game too, worth knocking on the door i think. 

Ronald Jones do anything for you? He seems to keep getting solid outings and with AB in the cuts you figure the running game will be wide open with all those receivers going in every direction. 

I own Gordon and Henderson, would like to combo ONE of them with a solid looking WR and get a better RB2, low end RB1 back to pair with Kamara, think I need to build around my strengths. Gordon seems iffy and could get suspended might not be worth much to other players/managers and Henderson you just never know but others might be higher on him. 

James Connor, perhaps? 

I'm interested in any names you have or potential targets as well, cheers!

names you're bringing up are all in my target range, RoJo, Henderson, maybe even Hunt. Conner is easily RB1 in my league setup so he's out of reach, but who knows. will report back on results in a few days.

Traded Higgins and Singletary today for Michael Thomas to a team that is in must win mode and can’t field a team this week due to injuries and byes 

Higgins was my wr4

My RBs are not good. Hoping Thomas comes back directly and beasts and my WRs carry me

What’s the dynasty ceiling for Higgins? 
Seems like the floor is a high end WR2 or a top 25 WR. 

Tee Higgins caught 6-of-9 targets for 78 yards in the Bengals' Week 8 win over the Titans. 

Higgins also drew an end zone DPI to set the Bengals up at the one-yard line. The highlight was a ludicrous, 24-yard high point grab over Jonathan Joseph in the first half. Higgins, who out-targeted A.J. Green 9-5, has now cleared 70 yards in three straight games, as well as 4-of-5. Despite not being targeted in Week 1, Higgins is on pace for 66/976/6 at the season's mid-way point. Those numbers increase to 71/1,046/6 if you throw out his Week 1. Considering how bad the Bengals' defense is, the passing volume will not be going away following the Week 9 bye, keeping Higgins locked in as an upside fantasy wideout in the WR20-28 range.

- Rotoworld

Tee Higgins was limited at Wednesday's practice. 

A.J. Green was also limited to individual drills. Neither played was listed with an injury before the bye, so this may be rep management from the Bengals.

RELATED: 

A.J. Green

SOURCE: The Athletic

Nov 11, 2020, 2:37 PM ET

Tee Higgins caught 7-of-9 targets for 115 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 10 loss to the Steelers. 

The 100-yard effort was Higgins' second in four games, a span in which he's gone at least 5/71 every week out. Both compiling and offering big-play ability, Higgins is now firmly established as a WR2 who could perhaps make a late-season run at WR1 status. That probably isn't going to happen with Tyler Boyd around to soak up targets, but Higgins' fantasy consistency will remain in an offense that will have to keep throwing no matter what. Washington is a tough Week 11 matchup before a date with the Giants followed up by the Dolphins.  

- Rotoworld

I started Higgins based on the consistency --he had had six straight weeks of double digit fantasy production in ppr. This week made it 7 weeks. He is a must start in almost every format

I started Higgins based on the consistency --he had had six straight weeks of double digit fantasy production in ppr. This week made it 7 weeks. He is a must start in almost every format
A case can be made he's the Bengals #1 WR, and a potential fantasy #1 WR down the stretch. He's getting better every week.

ETA: I made the case a month ago, and I stand by it, I think he's possibly the #1 dynasty rookie WR as well.

A case can be made he's the Bengals #1 WR, and a potential fantasy #1 WR down the stretch. He's getting better every week.

ETA: I made the case a month ago, and I stand by it, I think he's possibly the #1 dynasty rookie WR as well.
He could be.

Jefferson has 2 receptions and 159 yards more than Higgins, but Higgins has been more steady production than Jefferson.

Anyhow he is in the conversation.

I think my pre NFL evaluation of him was wrong because he reminded me too much of Mike Williams.

Thinking about accepting an offer for him. I’d be giving Jon Tylor, Jacobi Meyers and a linebacker (replacement level). I haven’t seen him play but a little this past week verse the Steelers, but all this talk is making me really want to accept.

Thinking about accepting an offer for him. I’d be giving Jon Tylor, Jacobi Meyers and a linebacker (replacement level). I haven’t seen him play but a little this past week verse the Steelers, but all this talk is making me really want to accept.
I am very tough on rookie WRs and it just didn't take long to start liking this guy. He has put together a 6-7 week stretch now, double digits weekly in PPR, several 15+ point games now, best days ahead of him as Burrows grows with him. 

You want this guy on your roster. 

BigAl21 said:
Waiting out to see if he’ll do Jon Taylor straight up but feel like I’m getting greedy and could lose the whole thing...
Myers looked pretty good last time I saw him but there is news that Edelman may be back in the line up soon, so what happens to Myers opportunity then?

I can understand not wanting to have Myers in the deal. Maybe offer him something else you value less than Myers?

Myers looked pretty good last time I saw him but there is news that Edelman may be back in the line up soon, so what happens to Myers opportunity then?

I can understand not wanting to have Myers in the deal. Maybe offer him something else you value less than Myers?
Meyers may technically be a WR1 but on a running team with no options. He has looked good but Burrow’s top target is a ton more valuable. I’ve gotten greedy too many times and lost the fish completely.

Meyers may technically be a WR1 but on a running team with no options. He has looked good but Burrow’s top target is a ton more valuable. I’ve gotten greedy too many times and lost the fish completely.
Yeah I think you guys may be right. Mostly just playing devils advocate here.

Myers could be the 3rd QB converted into a WR for the Patriots who ends up being a target hog though.

Its sounds like Edelman may be activated soon though.

I just did the deal and am not gonna look back. Taylor has me worried and is two more struggling performances away from putting owners in full panic mode if they aren’t already.

Users who are viewing this thread