What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jalen Reagor, NE (3 Viewers)

TCU WR Jalen Reagor is "fluid but explosive" according to NFL Media's Lance Zierlein.

Reagor (5'11/206) was better from a receiving standpoint in 2018 than he was in 2019, due in part to TCU's lack of consistency at the quarterback position. That could prove to be an issue for some teams during the pre-draft process, but Reagor's production as a return man won't be overlooked. Ultimately his career will be defined by the strides that he makes as a consistent pass catcher, because the big-play ability is there. "He's electric with the ball in his hands so getting it to him quickly rather than asking him to consistently make plays for himself as a ball-winner could be crucial," Zierlein wrote in his analysis of Reagor, who he compares to Curtis Samuel. Reagor is likely to be a Day 2 selection in next month's draft.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 17, 2020, 4:20 PM ET

Pro Football Network's Neal Driscoll writes that TCU WR Jalen Reagor is a "big-play machine, possessing blazing speed and reliable hands."

"One thing that may surprise you, given his smaller stature, is that [Reagor] excels at the contested catch," Driscoll writes of the 5-foot-11, 206-pounder. "When you watch tape of Reagor, the two things that consistently stand out are his explosiveness and play-making ability." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein offers similar praise in his own scouting breakdown, noting that the TCU star is "electric with the ball in his hands" while comparing him to Curtis Samuel. In a deep wide receivers class Reagor may not be able to sneak into Day 1 proceedings come the draft, but he's a fun Day 2 prospect with athletic upside.

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Mar 25, 2020, 3:33 PM ET

Feel the same way.  I guess because expectations were so high for his 40 people are down but can't recall seeing people more disappointed about a rocked up 206 pound WR running a 4.47 especially when his jumps.

I'll say this. If someone proposed me a bet before the combine, and they let me watch every tape of Reagor and Claypool, and that bet was a million dollars or my life that Claypool would beat Reagor in the 40 I'd be dead today.

Can't help but think of Arians quote from the other day. "You might run a 4.3 [at the combine], but your tape says you're 4.6. You might run a 4.6, but your tape says you're 4.4. The tape don't lie. The combine lies. You can fall in love at the combine and get your ### broke,"
This. Reagor has been arbitrarily pushed down my board (by me) but I'm trying to correct that. He may turn into a great value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Arians quote is spot on. The example of Claypool vs Reagor fits that to a T. 

Claypool's play speed doesn't match his combine 40 at all. I wouldn't call him lumbering but neither is he sudden.

The reverse is true for Reagor. 4.47 is still FAST. Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown both ran 4.48's and are plenty fast. Dionte Johnson ran a 4.53. And Reagor can football much better than Claypool.

Gimme that speed. I want more than a 4.47 for a guy that had a last year like he had.

2020 NFL Draft: Evaluating on-field speed for Henry Ruggs and other top WR prospects

Excerpt:

Jalen Reagor, TCU

Game Speed (20.80 mph - 2nd)

40-Yard Dash (4.47 - T5th)

Game speed > timed speed:  The first speed discrepancy comes with the Reagor, the prospect with the second-fastest mph on the field of anyone in this study. 

Being a tick more than a full mph slower than Ruggs is substantial, but we now can safely assume Reagor plays faster than the 4.47 time he clocked in the 40-yard dash at the combine. And he's certainly not the fifth-fastest wideout in this group on the field, as his 40-yard dash time would indicate.

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Saints "like" TCU WR Jalen Reagor and "would consider" him at No. 24 overall.

Pauline expects the Saints to go WR-heavy in this year's draft. New Orleans only really has Michael Thomas and an aging Emmanuel Sanders at wideout, as Tre'Quan Smith hasn't shown much in the NFL and Ted Ginn remains unsigned as a free agent. Replenishing the wideout depth and giving Drew Brees more weapons for one final run at a Super Bowl makes a lot of sense. Reagor (5'11/206) ran a 4.47 unofficial forty with a 42-inch vertical. A gadget-type with experience rushing the ball and returning kicks and punts, Reagor has drawn some comparisons to Curtis Samuel.

RELATED: 

New Orleans Saints

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Apr 20, 2020, 10:15 PM ET

Eagles selected TCU WR Jalen Reagor with the No. 21 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

The Eagles addressed a glaring need by dipping into this year's exceptional receiver class. An undersized (5’11/206) but explosive deep threat with 4.47 speed, Reagor broke out as an 18-year-old freshman (33/576/8), ascended as a sophomore (72/1,061/9), then tanked (43/611/5, 6.9 yards per target) as the team threw freshman Max Duggan under center in Reagor's final year. He still accounted for nearly 40 percent of the Horned Frogs' receiving scores over those three seasons. On tape, Reagor is at his best on straight-line routes where he can get upfield and utilize his 42-inch vertical. He has the body control to haul in contested catches, but it’s unclear if that skill-set will translate to the NFL given his size. To reach his Brandin Cooks-level ceiling, Reagor needs to fine-tune his releases at the line of scrimmage to avoid getting overpowered. Until then, he’ll compete as a low-volume downfield weapon with the ability to excel in returning both kicks and punts from Day 1.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:48 PM ET

Especially with Lamb going to Dallas...Jeudy going to Denver is one I am still trying to figure out fantasy-wise.
Jeudy is a better 'receiver' than Sutton, even just entering the league.

The big question is Lock, and whether he can take a step forward as a QB.  As it sits there are a lot of mouths to feed in that offense.

I'm not worried about Lamb to Dallas.  I think he's an Alpha and eventually takes over as WR1, even with Cooper getting paid.

There goes his late first round steal status in rookie drafts along with CEH. Great landing spot. 
Absolutely.  If you thought you were getting CEH / Reagor with a late first before, I think your hopes just got dashed.

Jeudy is a better 'receiver' than Sutton, even just entering the league.

The big question is Lock, and whether he can take a step forward as a QB.  As it sits there are a lot of mouths to feed in that offense.

I'm not worried about Lamb to Dallas.  I think he's an Alpha and eventually takes over as WR1, even with Cooper getting paid.

Absolutely.  If you thought you were getting CEH / Reagor with a late first before, I think your hopes just got dashed.
Lamb maybe an alpha but Cooper is very good and Gallup is pretty decent...that will be a tough spot for him to put up big numbers for awhile...I think Dak is the big winner with that selection.

I think Eagles fans are going to LOVE him. Dunno who they were dying for.  Mims?
It’s mainly due to Lamb being within striking distance and them not making a move to go get him. 

Other than that, I didn’t see or read about anyone being the guy at 21 after the big 3 were off the board. 

Lamb maybe an alpha but Cooper is very good and Gallup is pretty decent...that will be a tough spot for him to put up big numbers for awhile...I think Dak is the big winner with that selection.
I'd agree with that.  :suds:

With Lamb in Dallas I believe this helps Gallup.  Teams will have a hard time covering all 3 and to me that leaves Gallup open more often.  Anyone who thinks all 3 aren't affected by this pick for fantasy football  are fooling themselves.  It's the rest of the NFC East that should be worried however. 

With Lamb in Dallas I believe this helps Gallup.  Teams will have a hard time covering all 3 and to me that leaves Gallup open more often.  Anyone who thinks all 3 aren't affected by this pick for fantasy football  are fooling themselves.  It's the rest of the NFC East that should be worried however. 
Gallup won't touch the numbers he put up last year again until Cooper leaves, IMO. Not sure how this actually helps him as he now is the 3rd most talented WR. The move kind of doesn't improve anyones FF value at all, personally, and definitely limits Lamb's ceiling as is. 

Great pick and I think he may fit better than Jefferson (who I know most Philly fans wanted). Goedert and Ertz overlap a lot with Jefferson who is likely more of a slot WR. Reagor is a true outside WR. 

Great pick and I think he may fit better than Jefferson (who I know most Philly fans wanted). Goedert and Ertz overlap a lot with Jefferson who is likely more of a slot WR. Reagor is a true outside WR. 
This was my take when everyone was mocking Jefferson going to the Eagles at 21. Wasn't the knock on Jefferson that he had questionable ability to get off the line in press man, so they projected him as kore of a natural slot WR? That just never sit well with me as a good fit for the Eagles'offense.

Andy Dufresne said:
If you won't take him as an Eagle you weren't going to take him anywhere.
I would have felt better about getting him later on but not so much where I have to take him now. Not taking him ahead of Jefferson.

massraider said:
I think Eagles fans are going to LOVE him. Dunno who they were dying for.  Mims?
I thought Jefferson. Maybe most Eagles fans didn't mind the pick but I read some stuff on Reddit where people were bashing them over it. 

Pwingles said:
I was really hoping to walk out of a few of my drafts with him, gonna be a little more difficult now
I definitely think it's a reach to go mid 1st (in rookie drafts) with Reagor though.  I'd much rather trade down and get 2-3 of Jefferson, Lamb, Edwards, Higgins, Mims, Shenault if possible.

I definitely think it's a reach to go mid 1st (in rookie drafts) with Reagor though.  I'd much rather trade down and get 2-3 of Jefferson, Lamb, Edwards, Higgins, Mims, Shenault if possible.
I have two diff leagues where i have the 7 i acquired thru trades, and i have either the 11, or 12 along with it.

was hoping to get Akers, jefferson or previously CEH (obv no way to get him at 7 now) or someone in that tier at 7, and get reagor at the 11 or 12. I would be super happy with 2 of akers, reagor and jefferson with those two picks., in those two leagues

If I only had 1 pick in the 8/9/10 range, it would be hard for me to pass on him. I really like him

I'm skeptical mid first rounders will find such a market for that particular pick. All of my first rounders are in the bottom third and I can at least say the only WR I'd consider trading up for is Lamb. And even then I doubt I would pull the trigger. Cause I'm also gonna be happy with whoever falls. 

Terpman22 said:
Gallup won't touch the numbers he put up last year again until Cooper leaves, IMO. Not sure how this actually helps him as he now is the 3rd most talented WR. The move kind of doesn't improve anyones FF value at all, personally, and definitely limits Lamb's ceiling as is. 
I agree with it hurting all 3 fantasy wise, I’m just saying Gallup will draw single coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread