Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Laviska Shenault Jr. - Jaguars

Fantasy Football Week 6 Bold Predictions: All systems go for Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Excerpt:

Shenault ready to take it to Lions

Liz Loza: Laviska Shenault Jr. clears 85 yards and finds the end zone in Week 6. With DJ Chark exiting the game last Sunday, Shenault logged a career-high 52 snaps and eight looks, closing out the week as fantasy’s WR27 (7-79-0). He’ll now take on a Lions defense that’s allowing an average of nearly 250 receiving yards and over 2 scores per contest. If Chark (ankle) were to miss more time, and assuming Shenault can keep his hammy issue at bay, the rookie could produce WR3 fantasy numbers for a third consecutive outing. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am super intrigued with the physical attributes he brings to the field. Obviously he needs to stay healthy and improve his route running. But from a physical standpoint he brings as much to the tabl

Huh? Mims is 6’3”, 210 — and other than having some speed their games aren’t similar. Don’t see it....at all. 

I would disagree with Rotoworld, Chark being out hurts Shenault(really the entire offense) in my opinion. He needs that guy opening up the short/intermediate areas for him. The Miami game was proof of

16 hours ago, Faust said:

I think the window to get this kid closes after he feasts on the Lion D. He’s really starting to take off and should score once in a while. With his big, physical body, he makes for a good RZ target 

Edited by FGITLOTR
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

I think the window to get this kid closes after he feasts on the Lion D. He’s really starting to take off and should score once in a while. With his big, physical body, he makes for a good RZ target 

I agree. Window will be slammed shut after he decimates my Lion’s Sunday. Buy now if you are a believer. Only concern I have is his body holding up due to his physical play.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

I agree. Window will be slammed shut after he decimates my Lion’s Sunday. Buy now if you are a believer. Only concern I have is his body holding up due to his physical play.

Agreed on the toll his physical style may have on overall health. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

Agreed on the toll his physical style may have on overall health. 

I haven't seen him play much this year, but I distinctly remember him ducking out of bounds when he could have gotten a couple more (contested) yards. It was encouraging. Has he been doing this regularly, being selective about the physicality? 

• Like 1

Laviska Shenault caught 3-of-7 targets for 10 yards in the Jaguars' Week 6 loss to the Lions, "adding" a one-yard rush. 

With the hype growing coming off back-to-back 79-yard receiving efforts, Shenault took a backseat to Keelan Cole and D.J. Chark. Cole went off for 143 yards while Chark drew 14 targets. Shenault has done well to establish his upside, but his floor remains close to zero points. He will be a risk/reward WR4 for Week 7 vs. the Chargers. 

Oct 18, 2020, 7:36 PM ET

Laviska Shenault (hamstring) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

This hamstring injury has been an ongoing issue for Shenault and has placed him on the injury report over the last two weeks. He then plays on Sunday, so unless something changes it will not impact your fantasy lineup.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:29 PM ET

Laviska Shenault caught 3-of-3 targets for 44 yards in the Jaguars' Week 7 loss to the Chargers.

Shenault added another play to his highlight reel by making multiple defenders miss with unique strength, but it's not enough volume to bank on in standard-sized fantasy leagues for now. His three targets were tied for third on the team behind D.J. Chark (7) and James Robinson (6). Shenault is a worthwhile bench hold in the event that he's utilized more or the offense figures things out. For now, he's a WR5.

Oct 25, 2020, 8:23 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Laviska Shenault (hamstring) has a "chance" to suit up for Week 10 against the Packers.

Shenault exited on Jacksonville's second drive against the Texans and was ultimately unable to return. D.J. Chark was the direct beneficiary, finishing with a team-high 31.5% target share from rookie Jake Luton. Shenault's availability will be crucial against Green Bay since Chark would likely be locked down by Jaire Alexander (concussion) if the latter is cleared from the league's protocol by kick-off.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 9, 2020, 2:36 PM ET

Laviska Shenault (hamstring) practiced Wednesday.

Shenault left early in Sunday's loss and never returned. Practicing this early in a week is a good sign for his Week 10 status. D.J. Chark's target share would take a hit if Shenault plays against the Packers.

Nov 11, 2020, 4:22 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Laviska Shenault (hamstring) won't play in Week 11 against the Steelers.

Shenault hasn't practiced since initially injuring his hamstring in Week 9. Keelan Cole saw seven targets on 81% of Jacksonville's snaps without Shenault against the Packers, but the Steelers' nightmarish secondary presents a different challenge altogether. Jaguars skill players outside James Robinson and, to a lesser extent, D.J. Chark should be avoid entirely in Week 11.

SOURCE: Jacksonville Jaguars on Twitter

Nov 20, 2020, 2:38 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Laviska Shenault caught 3-of-4 targets for 31 yards in the Jaguars' Week 12 loss to the Browns. 

Shenault also logged a carry for six yards. The Jaguars were without Chris Conley and D.J. Chark in this game and Shenault still couldn't get much going. Collin Johnson saw four more targets than him and Keelan Cole saw two more targets. Fantasy managers can part ways with Shenault in all but the deepest leagues.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
  • 2 weeks later...

Laviska Shenault (thumb) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Shenault banged his thumb in the Week 13 loss to the Vikings but was able to play through it. He scored his first touchdown since Week 1 last week and has been off the fantasy radar for weeks.

Dec 9, 2020, 4:32 PM ET

• 4 weeks later...

Week 17 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: A.J. Dillon flashes incredible upside

Excerpt:

RISERS: WRS D.J. CHARK AND LAVISKA SHENAULT JR., JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

For Jaguars fans, the implications of the 2020 season should be finally sinking in. Jacksonville lost to the Chicago Bears last week. Coupled with a Jets win over the Browns, they have officially won the Trevor Lawrence lottery. Because of that, the main receivers involved (Chark and Shenault) should start being viewed as the weapons for a quarterback at the skill level of Joe Burrow at a minimum. 

Lawrence went from topc25 in yards per attempt (min. 150 dropbacks) as a freshman to top 15 as a sophomore to top 10 this season. He has two seasons with a passing grade above 90.0. Lawrence is going to present a seismic turnaround for the Jaguars' offense. The main beneficiaries of that will be Chark and Shenault. 

Keelan Cole’s counting stats this year show a player who could compete with his teammates for targets. All three players are grouped between 52 and 53 receptions. However, Cole’s stats are simply the product of him being the only healthy receiver for Jacksonville at times.

Name                                   Total Routes Run      Yards per Route Run      Targets per Route Run

Keelan Cole                                  565                                 1.12                                  0.14

D.J. Chark Jr.                                497                                1.42                                   0.19

Laviska Shenault Jr.                    372                                1.49                                   0.19

On a per-route basis, Shenault and Chark have shown an ability to draw targets and create yards at a level that Cole simply hasn’t. Cole isn’t under contract for 2021, but with second-round capital invested in both of the team's top receivers, it’s likely that the Jaguars bring him back or insert a similarly middling player into his role. 

With the top receivers on a team about to do a 180, there is value to be had in buying low on Jacksonville before it drafts Lawrence and then again before he takes the field for them.

Laviska Shenault caught 6-of-9 targets for 68 yards and two touchdowns in the Jaguars' Week 17 loss to the Colts.

Coming off an injury-plagued 2019 season at Colorado, Shenault flashed plenty of athleticism as a rookie but needs more development to be more than a gadget player. The Jaguars only managed to get him 18 carries and 79 targets, most of which came near the line of scrimmage. Shenault will benefit from much better quarterback play next season with Trevor Lawrence likely coming to town and could be a double-digit round sleeper in redraft leagues. A fully healthy and normal offseason should go a long way for Shenault’s prospects. Both Chris Conley and Keelan Cole are free agents.

- Rotoworld

24 minutes ago, JamboTaylor said:

So, worth a very late 2021 1st? 

You're not getting him from me for a late 1. I bought him with a 2 with intentions on unleashing him in '22. I'll never say no to an offer before getting one, but it's gonna be a lot more than that.

32 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

So who's worth more in dynasty? Chark or Shenault? Chark because we've seen the upside more, due to him being in the league a little longer?

On a per game basis Chark has been #20 and #43 the last 2 seasons. Do you think he has much more upside than he displayed in 2019?

3 hours ago, JamboTaylor said:

So, worth a very late 2021 1st? 

Everyone has stars in their eyes right now looking towards next years draft. I almost drafted this guy 14th overall this year but I had to go with the higher rated Reagor. Luckily I still landed him 20th overall. Anyways, I'm not selling for a late 1st. I'd buy for that price though. 

A late 21 1st for Shenault seems pretty fair. If you're not selling him there, you're basically valuing him as a top 30 WR already. I can understand the hesitation to sell him at this point, though.

5 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

A late 21 1st for Shenault seems pretty fair. If you're not selling him there, you're basically valuing him as a top 30 WR already. I can understand the hesitation to sell him at this point, though.

Big question on how he might fare in an Urban Meyer spread O that values speed.  Shenault makes his money as a big body around the LOS or across the middle