What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Hat Just Fell in Toilet (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
My favorite stocking cap (Super Bowl 48) just fell out of my jacket pocket and into the john.

Key information: it is my favorite and lucky toque not replaceable! The incident did not occur on my home court - was a work toilet, it was a fresh bowl, bathrooms are very, very clean. 

Is it auto throw away?

What say you?

Gloves.

Washing machine (twice).

Wala.
This.  If it was something with no sentimental value or could be easily replaced then I probably toss it.  The question isn't whether it can be cleaned - it can, it's whether you are the type of person who is ok walking around with an article of clothing on that was in the toilet.

You can’t just leave it in the bowl. Where is your sense of decency people?
We have a dedicated employee that handles these duties. His name is Tony, nice guy. He'll usually talk about the Yankees, Jets, or Knicks when he passes by my desk and we'll have a friendly chat. He takes pride in his work, I wouldn't want to interfere. 

Yeah, depending on what kind of hat it is, you are probably fine washing it in hot water.  You might still get herpes after wearing it but no biggie, right?

Hat is in plastic bag. Isolated from rest of my things.

Been a great and useful pal through all these years. We have seen a lot together.

Do none of you have kids?  Anyone ever get poop or pee or vomit on any article of clothing?  Do you throw that stuff away when you do?

That's what washing machines are for.
I was laying on the couch last night around 11:30pm catching up on some reading. I heard crying coming from the room next door, I walk in and my 3 year old is hysterical, I pick him up, he is soaking wet, stinks like piss... Took his clothes off, held his piss soaked body against me, got a wash cloth, cleaned him, put him in new pajamas, brought him to our room, dropped him with the wife, took off his sheets (can't believe how much piss there was, like 1,000 gallons), it went through the mattress protector, and had to scrub the actual mattress itself. Room also stank like piss, it was quite the cleanup effort and urine everywhere... 

Difference here is simple, that's my kids piss, I'll deal with it, not Bob from operations #### stained toilet bowl. 

I was laying on the couch last night around 11:30pm catching up on some reading. I heard crying coming from the room next door, I walk in and my 3 year old is hysterical, I pick him up, he is soaking wet, stinks like piss... Took his clothes off, held his piss soaked body against me, got a wash cloth, cleaned him, put him in new pajamas, brought him to our room, dropped him with the wife, took off his sheets (can't believe how much piss there was, like 1,000 gallons), it went through the mattress protector, and had to scrub the actual mattress itself. Room also stank like piss, it was quite the cleanup effort and urine everywhere... 

Difference here is simple, that's my kids piss, I'll deal with it, not Bob from operations #### stained toilet bowl. 
Hence the gloves.

We have a dedicated employee that handles these duties. His name is Tony, nice guy. He'll usually talk about the Yankees, Jets, or Knicks when he passes by my desk and we'll have a friendly chat. He takes pride in his work, I wouldn't want to interfere. 
"Who is the ####### who left the stocking cap in the toilet, animals!" -Tony

My favorite stocking cap (Super Bowl 48) just fell out of my jacket pocket and into the john.

Key information: it is my favorite and lucky toque not replaceable! The incident did not occur on my home court - was a work toilet, it was a fresh bowl, bathrooms are very, very clean. 

Is it auto throw away?

What say you?
Pick it up.

Wrap it in paper towle

Wash it.

wife dropped a pair of Revo sunglasses into a port-a-jon at a rib fest

her friend went in and got them........yes, booze was involved

She's hasn't worn them since.

While we're on the topic of disgusting bathroom habits, keep your phone in your pocket for the few minutes you're in a public restroom... Can't go 5 minutes without the phone? 

People are disgusting.

For something like that I'd probably wash it twice. Once with a vinegar solution.

I know. Kind of a dooshy suggestion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
While we're on the topic of disgusting bathroom habits, keep your phone in your pocket for the few minutes you're in a public restroom... Can't go 5 minutes without the phone? 

People are disgusting.
I remember someone here posting about a stadium situation. It was one of those old timey stadiums where they had a communal trough. Some guy dropped his phone into it in the middle of what I am sure was an important conversation. Everyone at the trough immediately aimed at it.

https://i.somethingawful.com/u/garbageday/2015/Comedy_Goldmine/Bad_Designs/mostlygray_01.jpeg

People are disgusting.
I remember someone here posting about a stadium situation. It was one of those old timey stadiums where they had a communal trough. Some guy dropped his phone into it in the middle of what I am sure was an important conversation. Everyone at the trough immediately aimed at it.

https://i.somethingawful.com/u/garbageday/2015/Comedy_Goldmine/Bad_Designs/mostlygray_01.jpeg
That was me.  One of the most vivid memories ever.  Was in the day of the flip-phone at Joe Louis Arena.  Guy was in a suit and tie with his flip-phone on his shoulder against his ear (look ma... no hands!)  Dropped it in while (I assume) zipping or unzipping.  Everyone immediately took aim.  Classic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do none of you have kids?  Anyone ever get poop or pee or vomit on any article of clothing?  Do you throw that stuff away when you do?

That's what washing machines are for.
This. Unless it fell on someone’s turd I’d have scooped it up and washed it. If it had id have grabbed gloves and washed it.  Have you never gotten clothes at the goodwill?  Same thing. 

Doesn't your washing machine have a sanitary cycle on it?  When my kids vomit all over their bed sheets I don't throw them out.  I did cloth diapers with my kids, and they came out clean every time.  If you reached into the toilet to retrieve your hat, you've already taken care of the worst part of this process.

May have been addressed, but how wet did it get?  Soaked?  Just a little on the edges?  I dunno why but this would matter to me.

I would probably just wash it on hot and it'd live to see another day.

Dogs drink from it. Dogs mouths are cleaner than people's. Therefore wearing the hat would be more sanitary than kissing your wife/gf.

Users who are viewing this thread