What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft Antonio Gandy-Golden (6’4/220), WR Liberty (1 Viewer)

He's someone to target in the 3rd round of rookie drafts.
If Sutton can go in round one or two there’s no doubt Golden will go. With multiple picks in the early 2nd he’s on my Board. Unless some new light comes out, he’s my guy.

Tex

Love that article but I’m not sure if he "He Odell'd it."

But this is saying something:

So let me get this straight. There's a 6-foot-4, 220 pound wide receiver with back-to-back 1,000 yards seasons, is No. 2 in the nation in receiving yards, Top 20 in total catches, Top 50 yards-per-catch, and he plays at Liberty? Okay, I'm going to need you to back up here and take me back to the beginning.

Tex

Liberty senior WR Antonio Gandy-Golden caught five passes for 63 yards with a touchdown in a 23-16 victory over Georgia Southern on Saturday in the FBC Mortgage Bowl.

Gandy-Golden snagged a 14-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter to give him an even 10 scores on the year. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound wideout finishes just short of 1,400 yards on the season (1396), and he snagged 79 passes in his final year with the Flames. Gandy-Golden is considered one of the best Group of Five receivers in the country, and depending on testing, has a real chance to be a mid-round pick come April.

Dec 21, 2019, 6:18 PM ET

I like him a lot.  Definitely a favorite of mine as well.  No chance he cracks top5 though, just isn't polished enough yet.  But I rank based on talent right now, he could creep into that consideration with an impressive combine, nice draft slot, and good team fit.  

Apparently having a bad day on day 2 of practice in Mobile
2:20 pm ET: Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden is having a day, especially when Jordan Love is throwing him the football. – Tommy Call

2:57 pm ET: WR Antonio Gandy-Golden toasted CB Essang Bassey again…and then dropped the pass from Anthony Gordon. – AJ Schulte

Tex

2:20 pm ET: Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden is having a day, especially when Jordan Love is throwing him the football. – Tommy Call

2:57 pm ET: WR Antonio Gandy-Golden toasted CB Essang Bassey again…and then dropped the pass from Anthony Gordon. – AJ Schulte

Tex
Guess he picked it up after a few bad drops, glad to see it

Easy guy to get excited about... also an easy prospect to go through the hype cycle to 6th round pick from playing at Liberty. I moved him down into my 2nd tier despite his meeting almost every important metric. His SOS was extremely weak, I'm not discounting it anymore after flops like Hakeem Butler, Rashaad Penny and Darrell Henderson.

Just to give that statement a bit context... I have his SOS about 30 points lower than the highest SOS in tier 1 and 2. High is 95 (Bryan Edwards), he registers at about 64. 

I wonder if he goes the Anthony Johnson Buffalo route.
Exactly why you have to be a bit conservative with him. That being said he did produce as a sophomore, they just weren’t D1 yet. I’m not sure if Johnson was a transfer, I’m assuming so.

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden to Dolphins WR DeVante Parker.

Gandy-Golden (6'4/223) put up some solid testing numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine, running the 40 in 4.6 seconds and recording 22 reps in the bench press. While he may not have attended the highest-profile of schools, Gandy-Golden's name is known in NFL scouting circles and the expectation is that he'll be off the board during the middle rounds of April's draft. "Gandy-Golden's route-running is still a work in progress, but his build-up speed, length and ball skills could allow him to develop into a dangerous third-level threat on the next level," Zierlein wrote in his analysis.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 3, 2020, 6:12 PM ET

Gandy is the type of WR Packers tend to nab in the 4th round... tall WR with really good speed measurables but raw as ####. With Rodgers getting old they really don't have time to keep drafting project WRs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redskins selected Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Gandy-Golden (6’4/223) notched back-to-back seasons of 1,000 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in two highly productive years since Liberty joined FBS competition. He simply overpowered weaker small-school opponents in 2019, finishing with the FBS' fourth-most receiving yards (1,396, 17.7 yards per catch). He also reportedly had an up-and-down week at the Senior Bowl against NFL-level competition, struggling to separate in man coverage due to his 67th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism and slower 4.60 40-speed as the 'Z' wideout. Much like DK Metcalf, there are questions surrounding Gandy-Golden's change of direction following a 4.55-second 20-yard shuttle time in Indy. He did haul in the ninth-most contested catches (17) with his lengthy frame last year, proving the potential of both a perimeter and red zone threat if he can find space. Coaches would be wise to leverage his strengths in limited doses rather than asking him to do too much. There's a path to playing time early in Washington for the small schooler.

Apr 25, 2020, 1:56 PM ET

Redskins selected Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Gandy-Golden (6’4/223) notched back-to-back seasons of 1,000 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in two highly productive years since Liberty joined FBS competition. He simply overpowered weaker small-school opponents in 2019, finishing with the FBS' fourth-most receiving yards (1,396, 17.7 yards per catch). He also reportedly had an up-and-down week at the Senior Bowl against NFL-level competition, struggling to separate in man coverage due to his 67th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism and slower 4.60 40-speed as the 'Z' wideout. Much like DK Metcalf, there are questions surrounding Gandy-Golden's change of direction following a 4.55-second 20-yard shuttle time in Indy. He did haul in the ninth-most contested catches (17) with his lengthy frame last year, proving the potential of both a perimeter and red zone threat if he can find space. Coaches would be wise to leverage his strengths in limited doses rather than asking him to do too much. There's a path to playing time early in Washington for the small schooler.

Apr 25, 2020, 1:56 PM ET
That sound you hear back east is a very large toilet flushing.

I liked this guy and thought he could be a good player in the right situation. Washington is not one of these situations.

Bump due to the Haskins sighting on Page One. I still believed and took Gandy-Golden, though I don't like the QB. It was a reach to get him where I took him, actually, but it didn't cost me too much. I think it'll be worth it. I think he'll show out in the pros. 

eta* Even though Hankmoody didn't ask me, I took him at 3.06. Thirtieth overall pick. And it was a reach compared to others. But Hankmoody had also talked about getting sniped the day before in a conversation with him, and I thought enough of Gandy-Golden to not risk it.

Gandy is the type of WR Packers tend to nab in the 4th round... tall WR with really good speed measurables but raw as ####. With Rodgers getting old they really don't have time to keep drafting project WRs though.
"#### it. If we aren't going to draft project WRs, then we aren't going to draft any WRs at all!"

If Sutton can go in round one or two there’s no doubt Golden will go. With multiple picks in the early 2nd he’s on my Board. Unless some new light comes out, he’s my guy.

Tex
Money where your mouth is - where have you taken him?

Redskins rookie WR Antonio Gandy-Golden announced Friday he tested positive for COVID-19 back in March.

The No. 142 overall pick last month, Gandy-Golden said he tested positive March 24, experienced mild symptoms, self-quarantined for two weeks, and was given the green light on April 7. He's fine now.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Washington

May 20, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

Money where your mouth is - where have you taken him?
I currently have him in the 3.5-3.9 range which is the same area I have Vann Jefferson, Chase Claypool, and Antonio Gibson only because this draft is just too talented. 

ETA: I hate he ended up in Washington but we'll see.

Tex

I don't think Washington is a bad landing spot at all. The WR2 job opposite McLaurin should be open.

The disadvantage from shortened camps is certainly an issue but that goes for all rookies

I don't think Washington is a bad landing spot at all. The WR2 job opposite McLaurin should be open.

The disadvantage from shortened camps is certainly an issue but that goes for all rookies
I agree. The job will be his or Harmon's. Nobody else really in the way. 

Washington is not a terrible landing spot if Haskins continues to improve. They threw him to the wolves in Week Five or so last year with no preparation. We'll see how he does. Kyle Allen would seem to be a step back and below Haskins.  

I agree. The job will be his or Harmon's. Nobody else really in the way. 

Washington is not a terrible landing spot if Haskins continues to improve. They threw him to the wolves in Week Five or so last year with no preparation. We'll see how he does. Kyle Allen would seem to be a step back and below Haskins.  
I am admittedly not a believer in Haskins but for AGG he is the better QB. Haskins's inaccuracy makes a big target even more important. If you remember he targeted his TE a lot as a rookie, even when the TE was a bum like Jeremy Sprinkle.

On the other hand for say McLaurin I think Kyle Allen could be better after seeing how he force fed DJ Moore with targets last year

Day 3 WRs usually need to flash quickly to ward off the team from using higher capital on a WR (like Slayton) or have that higher drafted WR flop (Diggs---Treadwell) but with Harmon down AGG should have a role day 1 as the WR2 opposite McLaurin with Sims in the slot and the opportunity to flash in just that way

Unless AB enters or something

Like I said in the Harmon thread I really feel Haskins needs a tall vet possession guy to help him out, it's unusual for a young QB to be surrounded by pass-catchers as young/younger than him.

McLaurin: 2nd year

Sims: 2nd year

Quinn: 3rd year

Sprinkle (lead TE?): 4th year

Gandy-Golden: Rookie

Ron Rivera will do what's necessary to get everyone up to speed, but if this is the crew they go with then someone should have the chance for a big year and after checking Washington's D no reason it can't be 2-3 skill position guys.

Washington signed fourth-round WR Antonio Gandy-Golden to a four-year contract. 

Gandy-Golden (6’4/223) notched back-to-back seasons of 1,000 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in two highly productive years since Liberty joined FBS competition. He simply overpowered weaker small-school opponents in 2019, finishing with the FBS' fourth-most receiving yards (1,396, 17.7 yards per catch). He reportedly had an up-and-down week at the Senior Bowl against NFL-level competition, struggling to separate in man coverage due to his 67th-percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism and slower 4.60 40-speed as the 'Z' wideout. Gandy-Golden reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 in late March and recovered by early April. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Jul 22, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

Washington coach Ron Rivera didn’t rule out signing a veteran to compete with rookie Antonio Gandy-Golden.

With Kelvin Harmon (knee, NFI) out for the year and Cody Latimer on the exempt list, Gandy-Golden and Steven Sims are Washington's top options opposite Terry McLaurin. There’s been some puff Gandy-Golden could start Week 1, but he’s making a leap from FBS Liberty without a full offseason. Whoever wins the No. 2 job doesn't project to cut into McLaurin’s target share.

RELATED: 

Steven Sims

, Trey Quinn

, Antonio Gibson

SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter

Jul 31, 2020, 5:49 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread