What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

See- show on Apple TV w Jason Mimosa and Alfre Wooderson **Season 2!! (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
Got a new iPad that came with Apple TV, so we checked out the first episode.

Couple hundred years Post-apocalyptic world with diminished population and everybody's blind as a result of the apocalypse- sight is now a myth and heresy. So far it's got fighting, masturbating-prayer-queen, decently shot on location someplace amazing (British Columbia or Nz), solid special effects....I'm all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
We watched ep2.

Ok...the premise- couple centuries after an Apocalypse that thins the world to a couple million and leaves them genetically blind- leaves us with constant questions during the show about how exactly anything would work or happen. And it's a bit goofy- eg... blind fella mostly fights off a bear. But I like that they've created a somewhat thought out mythology around it and the location shots are pretty great. I'm teetering on this being a little too goofily blind-eye rolly...but still in.

Nobody else watching?

I thought it was terrible ... but watched every episode because I couldn't stop.
I wanted to see where it would go when it finally got to jorah morrel ... stupidsville is where it went.

Tbh, the witchfinder was my favorite character...or at least actor. But I guess bobba yabba can survive internal injuries, knife wounds and getting shot...maybe there's a chance for witchy dude too in S2.

see you next season!

I wanted to see where it would go when it finally got to jorah morrel ... stupidsville is where it went.

Tbh, the witchfinder was my favorite character...or at least actor. But I guess bobba yabba can survive internal injuries, knife wounds and getting shot...maybe there's a chance for witchy dude too in S2.

see you next season!
Coming soon!

@CletiusMaximus

Watched first 4 or so and then trailed off... love the genre and interesting premise but wasn't enamored with it. 

With season 2 coming maybe I'll finish the first one if I run out of other stuff.

We watched ep2.

Ok...the premise- couple centuries after an Apocalypse that thins the world to a couple million and leaves them genetically blind- leaves us with constant questions during the show about how exactly anything would work or happen. And it's a bit goofy- eg... blind fella mostly fights off a bear. But I like that they've created a somewhat thought out mythology around it and the location shots are pretty great. I'm teetering on this being a little too goofily blind-eye rolly...but still in.

Nobody else watching?

Was the bear blind too?

Just recently got a few months of Apple+.  Watched a few episodes.  We may go back just for curiosity, but the debate is out.  

having spent time living on boats isolated from the world my senses bad time to grow, i can’t explain it but i can only assume this show is big with military people. 

Wait, so is this any good or not? My buddy just borrowed our Apple ID to watch this and his has the worst taste so its gotta be just awful. 

Wait, so is this any good or not? My buddy just borrowed our Apple ID to watch this and his has the worst taste so its gotta be just awful. 
I stand by everything I've written. it has great world building, locations and scope (I'm a fan of post-apoc). If you can accept the ridiculous premise- and I don't mind the blindness as a concept as much as the things they can somehow do while blind, and the elements of current society that somehow still work or aren't completely ruined by entropy (eg..untouched skyscraper luxury apartments 200 years after the fall of society)- it has some fun to it. But even though I'm watching it, I won't make any excuses- it's really flawed and goofy.

I stand by everything I've written. it has great world building, locations and scope (I'm a fan of post-apoc). If you can accept the ridiculous premise- and I don't mind the blindness as a concept as much as the things they can somehow do while blind, and the elements of current society that somehow still work or aren't completely ruined by entropy (eg..untouched skyscraper luxury apartments 200 years after the fall of society)- it has some fun to it. But even though I'm watching it, I won't make any excuses- it's really flawed and goofy.

Sold. Going in with low expectations.  I'll give it a shot and report back.

Don't forget the blind cunnilingus. 

I dig it. 

Definitely a bit flawed with certain things, and the Queen is obnoxious as hell... bur I think she's supposed to be. 

Entertaining watch. BEAUTIFUL cinematography. 

The world building is pretty incredible.

A lot of money was poured into this and it shows. The entire cast elevates the limitations in the writing. The action sequences are feature film quality.

A lot of the tone of the show was built to play to Jason Mamoa's strengths. Which was the right decision.

What's interesting is a world full of the blind should be seen as the major limitation to this society, but it's not, it's the insidious part of the human condition that demands ambition above all else that crushes all hope.

This is a good show. It will appeal to those who have an interest in human behavior over raw spectacle. But there is so much original programming now that it will get lost in the shuffle like The Great.

Great series finale for Season 2. Baba Voss !!!
Also sets up nicely for next year.

Show was much improved in Season 2 from Season 1.

Great series finale for Season 2. Baba Voss !!!
Also sets up nicely for next year.

Show was much improved in Season 2 from Season 1.
Very glad there's another fan out there. 

I enjoyed this for all it's warts; and it's goofy as hell. Every episode raises even more- they're blind, and how are they doing A, B or C- questions for me. A battle? They somehow know amidst the mayhem of hand to hand combat where the opposition is, and that they're even the opposition? Crossbows that don't ever miss because a sighted kid says to aim left? These questions are endless for me.

But my opinion and support hasn't changed. Goofy in spades. But fun and well filmed and well sited (no pun intended). Sorry to see one of the better actors go though.

DareDevil level alternate senses.
Tbf, the show repeatedly reiterates that the blind characters "see" things more clearly than the sighted ones...at least babba and toad do as experienced warriors. And they created a mythology around it (at least in S1), so it's not like they've turned a blind eye to the problem...so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread