What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House Impeachment Vote. Trump Impeached on both charges. (1 Viewer)

Drove around some this morning and what I heard were a whole load of objections from Republicans trying to break up the flow and sound bites.

Gaetz again:

"They absolutely do have evidence that Ukraine knew. Multiple witnesses, including defenses department worker Laura cooper, testified under oath that Ukraine asked about that. Or have the GOP chosen to ignore that one?"

Fact Check:

Laura Cooper testified that Ukrainian officials sent emails on July 25, the very same day as the Trump-Zelensky call, asking about the withheld aid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rep. Jayapal:

Will any one of my colleagues on the other side say that it is an abuse of power to condition aid on official acts? Forget about Pres. Trump ... is any one of my colleagues going to say that it is OK for a president to invite foreign interference into our elections?

Rep. David Cicilline calls the GOP argument that Trump cared about corruption "nonsense":

"The president of the USA had two phone calls with President Zelensky. He never once even uttered the word corruption."

Man I thought I was a political junkie and stuff like this would be the best thing ever to watch. But Its unwatchable. 

You know those moments in an NFL game when the referees call penalty after penalty and then huddle together for countless minutes, not sure what to do next? Imagine that for the whole game. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Rep. Ken Buck highlighting that Ambassador Sondland said, "I don't recall," over 300 times."

Perhaps, Rep Buck should review the many things Sondland was able to recall, such as Sondland said Trump demanded a quid pro quo.

Man I thought I was a political junkie and stuff like this would be the best thing ever to watch. But Its unwatchable. 

You know those moments in an NFL game when the referees call penalty after penalty and then huddle together for countless minutes, not sure what to do next? Imagine that for the whole game. 
I'm a Lions fan. Welcome to every game, and no matter the situation, the calls always go against us.

I listened for a bit and found the back and forth entertaining.  I of course sided with the Republicans and laughed at the feeble attempts by the majority.

The rules in place seem so stupid but I guess they have to have them.  Nadler recognizing everyone and then after someone is done then other side asks to strike the last word.........every dang time.   :lmao:

Rep. Ken Buck highlighting that Ambassador Sondland said, "I don't recall," over 300 times."

Perhaps, Rep Buck should review the many things Sondland was able to recall, such as Sondland said Trump demanded a quid pro quo.
You mean Sondland assumed Trump demanded a quid pro quo.

Rep Madeleine Dean:

“Is it not worthy of our attention to uphold the Constitution and ask the President to do the same?”

Nadler with a good rebuttal to the minority argument that no crime is listed in article 1, the abuse of power. 

Listening to this really making me reconsider thoughts of increasing amount of House members to have better ratio of citizens per representative

Rep. Hank Johnson just called out Gaetz's problem with alcohol abuse as he was attempting to call Hunter Biden a drug abuser.

Dear Representative Gohmert,  

A lot of victims of child molestation don't know they are victims of crimes.  Are we to infer you believe child molesters don't belong in prison?
I would have gone with insider trading, but this is a fun direction too!

Anyway it's a silly claim.  The victims of Trump's impeachable activity are (1) Joe Biden, the man whose election bid he was trying to harm; (2) the voters, who want their elections to be free of (pardon the pun) trumped-up nonsense charges stemming from improper political pressure; and (3) the Ukrainians. The first two victims certainly know they were the victims of this impeachable activity. The Ukranians do too- Taylor testified that they asked him about the missing aid, and obviously they know when they're being shaken down. They just can't say it publicly because Trump is still the president and still has the power to do massive damage to their interests ... which is why this is the model of impeachable conduct.

I’m sure Gaetz thinks about Alexandre Chalupa a lot as he’s hitting up the drive-thru while drunk. 

Rep. Hank Johnson just called out Gaetz's problem with alcohol abuse as he was attempting to call Hunter Biden a drug abuser.
More on that:

Rep. Hank Johnson responds to Matt Gaetz hitting Hunter Biden:

"I would say that the pot calling the kettle black is not something that we should do. I don't know what members, if any, have had any problems with substance abuse, been busted in DUI ... I wouldn't raise it."

Rep. John Ratcliffe is talking about how Hunter Biden wasn't qualified to be in Ukraine...

Okie Dokie. But what about Ivanka, Jared, and Don Jr.?! I don't recall any of them being qualified for their current positions either.

Rep. John Ratcliffe is talking about how Hunter Biden wasn't qualified to be in Ukraine...

Okie Dokie. But what about Ivanka, Jared, and Don Jr.?! I don't recall any of them being qualified for their current positions either.
John Ratcliffe also said it’s okay for foreign governments to influence our elections. 

Rep. Jackson Lee:

Our good friends spent three hours saying the president did not target the Bidens. Now they're saying that he did. So which is it?

Whoever commented on Chabot’s hair the other day was spot on. Good grief. It’s like he is trying to imitate Trump’s hairdo with only the hair from one sideburn

Matt Gaetz and Rep Collins keep saying that the President is innocent...but if so, then why can't the subpoenaed answer questions? 

Users who are viewing this thread