What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we stop pretending the circle game is racism? (1 Viewer)

I don’t care who you voted for. Right wing doesn’t mean Republican, that’s for dang sure. 

Nobody uses the term Social Justice Warrior (at least not seriously) unless you’re right wing. Full stop. Have a merry Christmas. 
All this time I thought it was Single Jewish Woman.   :confused:

All this time I thought it was Single Jewish Woman.   :confused:
No that’s a different form of slur, one which I personally find completely acceptable to use. (Although the married ones can be just as annoying.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Please cite your evidence for the bolded. 

Just because you want to make pearl clutching SJWs look like morons doesn't make you a right winger. 
This was in the the ADL website on the topic 

Ironically, some white supremacists themselves soon also participated in such trolling tactics, lending an actual credence to those who labeled the trolling gesture as racist in nature. By 2019, at least some white supremacists seem to have abandoned the ironic or satiric intent behind the original trolling campaign and used the symbol as a sincere expression of white supremacy, such as when Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant flashed the symbol during a March 2019 courtroom appearance soon after his arrest for allegedly murdering 50 people in a shooting spree at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I don’t care who you voted for. Right wing doesn’t mean Republican, that’s for dang sure. 

Nobody uses the term Social Justice Warrior (at least not seriously) unless you’re right wing. Full stop. Have a merry Christmas. 
Theres let wingers like myself who use it especially when it comes to absolute dumbstuff and over the top stuff like people making John Bodeya apologize for something he didn't even do. It was something about comments insulted one of his female co stars and she even stuck up for him as well as most of the cast yet the pressure by SJW's made him apologize when he really had nothing to do it for. Some of the SJW is completely over the top and one of the big reasons Trump won to begin with. There's social justice issues that really need to be taken care of but there are people who go well over board on whats needed to down right alternate left (No different then alternate right) which is scary 

Ol tim finally totally lost it :lol:
I honestly thought his login was hacked.  I haven't dealt with tim in years, and while we usually disagreed on a lot of stuff, I never felt like I was talking to someone... well, someone like the above tim.  I think that's what happens when you spend too much time in the political forum.  Or any time, really.

tim, I don't agree with the other guys, but you're eating yourself man. Stop calling terms slurs that aren't even remotely slurs. 

It's not SJW (Single Jewish Woman) you're looking for as offensive, it's a very different acronym you won't find reprinted here (rhymes with "nap.")

tim, I don't agree with the other guys, but you're eating yourself man. Stop calling terms slurs that aren't even remotely slurs. 

It's not SJW (Single Jewish Woman) you're looking for as offensive, it's a very different acronym you won't find reprinted here (rhymes with "nap.")
To be fair, I was always someone who defended tim back in the day.  And oddly, as I was defending him, he'd turn on me.  And even then, I would still defend him.  I had no problem with him then and no problem with him now.  My point was I just think he's kind of crazy to call me a "right winger."  I don't want to get into politics so I won't comment further on this after this post, but I'm as middle of the road as one can get.  I just think it's crazy odd he'd call me a right winger because I think the Age of the Victim has gotten out of control.

tim's a good guy, but I'm not going to argue politics with him in the FFA.  And I feel like he came over here to do just that.

Can’t believe people just let this one slide. This is easily the most “offensive” thing I’ve seen in this thread. Yikes.
You do know I’m Jewish right? It was a joke, meant to be a dig at some relatives of mine. I don’t think I’m anti-Semitic (most of the time.) 

I do know you are Jewish but I suspect you aren't a woman. I thought it was pretty "holy #### did he just say that". 
This was my thought, too.  It's why I asked him what he meant.  I figured his argument would be that he could say that because he's Jewish but it was like he was trying to set a trap with stinky bait.  And it came off kind of odd.

TheIronSheik said:
This was my thought, too.  It's why I asked him what he meant.  I figured his argument would be that he could say that because he's Jewish but it was like he was trying to set a trap with stinky bait.  And it came off kind of odd.
And it’s still sexist. Also I say white people are all a-holes. It’s racist even if I’m white. 

TheIronSheik said:
So he tried to do/say something lighthearted and people automatically assumed the worst. Gosh but that has to be annoying. 

By his rules, that would make him a racist.  At least until we investigate this further.
You’re not supposed to investigate.  You’re supposed to assume the worst, then do whatever it takes to support your assumption.  It’s like you haven’t paid attention to this thread at all, man. 

(All in good fun.  Happy New Year)

So when you say this, do you say this as a right wing white nationalist? Since you believe that this is what it currently stands for, I was wondering how far to the right that you currently stand?
I think I said it because I was tired of the guy I was conversing with saying OK to everything so I decided to end it by saying OK to him back. 

White nationalism is not really to my taste. 

I think I said it because I was tired of the guy I was conversing with saying OK to everything so I decided to end it by saying OK to him back. 

White nationalism is not really to my taste. 
But it seems like you are of the opinion that those using this are all Klan based white nationalist racist dolts. I am confused by this. Someone is capable of still using ok and mean ok? 

I don't get the attacking pf a poster who told a joke by people who are saying PC police are ruining everything. Bizarre thread.

But it seems like you are of the opinion that those using this are all Klan based white nationalist racist dolts. I am confused by this. Someone is capable of still using ok and mean ok? 
What? 

I wrote a few days back in this thread that only conservatives use the term “social justice warriors”. A lot of people disagree with me about that apparently, but I stand by it. I never said anything about “Klan based white nationalist racist dolts”. No idea where that comes from. Perhaps you have me confused with somebody else? 

1. It used to be a game. I played it with friends in high school and college.

2. This whole "white power" nonsense started with the 4chan troll.

3. Sure, the minor group of actual white supremacists probably use it now. Thinking this is anywhere near a large percentage of the population or really concerning is comical to me, but whatever.

4. The outrage only fuels trolls who do it for the reactions they get, which I assume is 90% of it and probably what fueled the kids at the Army/Navy game. Ignore it, and maybe you'll actually be able to pin it on white supremacy eventually, but it's a complete nothing burger at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread