What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Moves - Championship Week Edition (1 Viewer)

I’m considering:

Rivers over Dak

Boone over Barkley or Chubb. Saquon has been so disappointing, and the Browns will surely get curb stomped leaving the run game in the dust. 

Benching Aaron Jones is as bold as I'm willing to get as I absolutely hate the matchup. Luckily I have either Lockett or Perriman to flex instead. Ryan over Tannehill isn't really bold but I haven't played Ryan in over a month.

That’s bold. He’s the #1 target for a passing game now suddenly starved for receiving weapons going against the 20th ranked pass defense, with Winston gunning for a single season yardage record & a pass-happy coach. Also, it’s not like he came out of nowhere - Perriman has had a few solid games now. It’s just now he has much less competition for the ball. 

i would have picked him up just to block an opponent from getting him. Purposely allowing an opponent to claim Perriman seems like you’re tempting fate a wee much. 
He is last man standing and will get the full attention of Houston's secondary, who has actually played well the last few games. Add in that Winston has stated he wants to get the TE's involved, Arians wants to get the RB's involved. Perriman runs deep all day, and Winston works underneath. I knew my opponent would drink the kool aid, and he benched OBJ for Perriman. I feel good. (For now)

I'm thinking about this too. Then, all my starters have the early game and I can switch off football until Tuesday!
I have this option too, but Howard has had so many bad weeks I just can't stomach starting him.

Henry plays against Oakland, who has given up the 2nd most points to TE's this year

going against the 20th ranked pass defense
The Texans poor pass defense has not translated to big numbers for wide receivers.  Since Week 10, the Texans have given up the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks and tight ends.  But the Texans have given up the 4 least fantasy points to wide receivers over that same span.

The Texans poor pass defense has not translated to big numbers for wide receivers.  Since Week 10, the Texans have given up the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks and tight ends.  But the Texans have given up the 4 least fantasy points to wide receivers over that same span.
Slicing & diving stats a bit. They didn’t play those 4 games against TB, who is more pass happy than any of HOU’s last 4 opponents. 

those opponents were TEN, DEN, NEP, & INDY - none of them are throwing the ball anywhere near as well as the Bucs have been. 

If nothing else, Perriman is a volume play. 5/110/1 seems well within the realm of possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benching Aaron Jones is as bold as I'm willing to get as I absolutely hate the matchup. Luckily I have either Lockett or Perriman to flex instead. Ryan over Tannehill isn't really bold but I haven't played Ryan in over a month.
I pulled him in one league in favor of Devonta Freeman myself.  That's about as bold as I am as well.  Unless you count starting ATL Defense over BUF Defense 😂

Aaron Jones had 150 yards from scrimmage and 1 TD in his first game against Minnesota this year.

I pulled him in one league in favor of Devonta Freeman myself.  That's about as bold as I am as well.  Unless you count starting ATL Defense over BUF Defense 😂
When it’s a question of talent, I go talent over matchups. Atlanta has struggled to run the ball consistently all year.  And now they’re more of a RBBC, working in Ollison & Hill in short yardage. 

AJones has a much better line, and MIN has been inconsistent against the run. And you know how GB is gonna use AJones. He’ll be in at the stripe most of the time, too. 

I’d probably stick to AJones. Freeman feels like the play where owners want to finally get something for their draft day investment, so they start him here in what seems like a great matchup only to be disappointed again. 

But that’s just me. 

I'm all over the place.  

1) Was definitely playing Higbee (non TE mandatory) and sitting Gallup and Lindsay in flex.  Just didn't think I could sit a guy with 3 100 yard games in a row.  But I think Niners roll.  Eagle secondary begs to get torched every play but don't know if I can trust Gallup (not in last week's game plan at all) nor Prescott' shoulder.  I might be leaning to putting Lindsay back in there who I wrote off as dead or OJ Howard.

2) Have Niner D as well as Chargers.  If Niners get a bit more healthy playing them.  Thinking Oakland may quit.  All pro tackle out + Jacobs.  But Chargers are such a mess.  So picked up Colts who have been torched the last 2 weeks on the road at TB and NO.  Now they come home to face a rookie QB on Carolina. Feeling they might have the best chance to get TDs.  Hard to start a D off of back to back terrible performances but I'm considering it.  I think Bloom said this could be Nathan Peterman II.  That's what I need.

Benching Jared Cook for OJ Howard.  Cook has been supremely consistent after a slow start (minus his injury weeks), and Howard has been anything but.  However, the Saints have a LOT more mouths to feed, and Howard should be #2 in the pecking order on TB.

2) Have Niner D as well as Chargers.  If Niners get a bit more healthy playing them.  Thinking Oakland may quit.  All pro tackle out + Jacobs.  But Chargers are such a mess.  So picked up Colts who have been torched the last 2 weeks on the road at TB and NO.  Now they come home to face a rookie QB on Carolina. Feeling they might have the best chance to get TDs.  Hard to start a D off of back to back terrible performances but I'm considering it.  I think Bloom said this could be Nathan Peterman II.  That's what I need.
Richard Sherman is back, if that helps your decision any. It certainly helps the Niners secondary in a critical game. 

A bold move I am contemplating but haven't pulled the trigger on yet...Benching AJ Brown and starting McLaurin.  Will Lattimore shut down Brown?  Will McLaurin continue his hot streak against an awful Giants D?

Thinking about Boston Scott over Deandre Washington and/or Singletary. I like Scott's matchup the best but the others will get the larger shares. New England's defense at home could really shut the Bills down and the Raiders are a mess. I have hesitations with Waller, too, as Renfrow is likely back. So far I have had Slayton on my taxi squad but I may promote him and start over all those names. 

My opponent in a 2-QB league has D. Watson on Saturday so my bold moves will be driven by how well he does. Otherwise I'll fall back on the safer options.

QB2: Lock vs. Minshew/D.Jones

TE:    Fant vs. Higbee/Hollister

I think Denver has the potential to put up big time numbers vs. the Lions but also big bust possibilities rolling out a couple rookies.

Why not Chark? I love him this week
I won't say I love Chark this week but I'm not sold on Kerryon in week 16 one bit. Chark all day. I probably start Ward over Kerryon as well. Week 16 coming back from a long injury on a ####ty team on the road? No thanks. I could be wrong and I don't think it's crazy to start Kerryon but I do think it qualifies as bold here.

Debating putting Kerryon in over Greg Ward and Chark at my #2 flex. 

Sounds more like an easy call than a bold move.  :shrug:
If you say so.

My Debates:

Rodgers over Fitzmagic- many rankings have Fitz higher but Cinn has been tough to throw on and I just can't press the button benching Rodgers between the 2

Boone #1- playing him over Hunt and Rojo unless by Sun kickoff I hear one of the other Minn RB's are active then shift to Hunt

Boone #2- I have a tough pool of 6 RB's to pick 3 from. Benching Boone for Fournette, A Jones, and Freeman- also have Mostert & Hunt but think my starting 3 should be guaranteed the most volume. If I hear something concrete about Boone by Saturday morning it will be tough between Freeman and Boone.

OBJ over John Brown and Ward- both have horrible match-ups but I fear Gilmore will be on Brown like white on rice. Part of me wants to take a chance on Ward but don't think I have the balls

Chark if he plays, over Cooper.

McLaurin over Cooper as well.
Hard to trust Amari Cooper right now. 

which sucks, since he’s capable of putting up 40 on any given Sunday, and a divisional matchup against a mediocre secondary should be a no-brainer.

but recent track record + road struggles + Dak shoulder = ugh 

Chark if he plays, over Cooper.

McLaurin over Cooper as well.
It takes major guts to bench Cooper. You can bet Dallas is going to try and get as much out of Cooper while he is a Cowboy.  

That being said, I'm not sure what I'd do here

My Debates:

Rodgers over Fitzmagic- many rankings have Fitz higher but Cinn has been tough to throw on and I just can't press the button benching Rodgers between the 2

Boone #1- playing him over Hunt and Rojo unless by Sun kickoff I hear one of the other Minn RB's are active then shift to Hunt

Boone #2- I have a tough pool of 6 RB's to pick 3 from. Benching Boone for Fournette, A Jones, and Freeman- also have Mostert & Hunt but think my starting 3 should be guaranteed the most volume. If I hear something concrete about Boone by Saturday morning it will be tough between Freeman and Boone.

OBJ over John Brown and Ward- both have horrible match-ups but I fear Gilmore will be on Brown like white on rice. Part of me wants to take a chance on Ward but don't think I have the balls
I think you're on the right track here

It takes major guts to bench Cooper. You can bet Dallas is going to try and get as much out of Cooper while he is a Cowboy.  

That being said, I'm not sure what I'd do here
It's an FPC team that made it to the big dance. I'm in the top 200 going into week 16. I need a moonshot week 16 to finish strong. About 70 pts back. I have three other teams in the dance that are in much stronger shape but this one probably has no chance to get there. And my gut says #### Cooper. *shrugs*

Anybody starting BOTH perriman and Boone. Crazy
I’m actually debating putting Boone in over AJBrown at the flex ... in a lineup that features KAllen & Perriman as my WRs.  

But I don’t know how crazy it actually is given Perriman & Boone’s projected volume share and their team’s run/pass preferences.  

I have Mack, AROB, Keenan Allen going because they got me there. I'm to scared to make a change! NOT bold.

These are my choices: DeAndre Washington (Boone available too), ADP,  D. Parker...

Perriman over Landry

Mattison or Boone (whichever is named as starter) over Andrews 

Anthony Miller over D.J. Moore if Grier starts

Anybody starting BOTH perriman and Boone. Crazy
I may be. I’ve got both. A.Cooper’s usage, not being 100% & road splits plus 4-game volume issues have me strongly considering Perriman, who’s had 3 straight games with 6 targets, and should see 8-12 targets this week. When he’s been targeted, he’s produced. And yes it feels crazy.

a little more conservative with Boone - I’m not starting Singletary as I can’t trust that his volume will equal production. I’ve got Mack, who showed terribly against the Saints but is at home against run-funnel CAR & their 3rd strong QB, so I’ll give it until Sunday AM. If I have news that Cook & Mattison are out, Boone is my pony. if not I probably start Mack & cross my fingers for production. Boone has a much higher upside IMO. 

Boone Squad over Monty and our Laird and Savior.

Not sure what to do at WR3. Maybe ditch James Washington for Watson (and play him with Perriman) or Tim Patrick.

Lots of Boone and Perriman plays on this thread. Imagine a 3rd string RB becoming a potential difference maker. These two were my first two choices in order on the waiver wire this week as my opponent this week has D Cook and wanted Boone badly. Someone else out bid both of us with more FAAB money. So I ended dropping Dede and going with a hot hand in A Miller, CHI WR. He's been pretty solid the last few weeks.

Soooo... starting Kamara and Lockett and Lutz leaves me with decisions on how many Saints and Seahawks to start and what combinations of stacking lol. And playing a Titan in the same game.

Miller over DK Metcalf cuz of Peterson covering him and enough Seahawks.

Hollister over J Cook because of enough Saints and a juicy ARI TE match up for upside even though most have Cook higher.

AJ Brown #11 in for two weeks in a row. Dude is a STUD MONSTER WR. Lattimore? Going with momentum now...

My Debates:

I've got Fitzmagic in over Brees right now.  Just never been a fan of the Saints offense on the road.  Plus the Cinci run D is terrible and Fitz is the leading rusher for the fins.

My Debates:

Same boat with Rodgers & Fitzmagic

Currently have Boone (have Mattison too) in at flex over Conner and D. Washington in .5 PPR.  Not sure if this is a bold move.  I did draft Conner as my #1 pick and they say start whoever got you to the ship.  But Conner did not contribute to that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread