Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Hey GM...fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

Snickers

29 minutes ago, bradyfan said:

Do everything possible to live past 70 because after 70 you should eat whatever you want and as much as you want.

My mom died at 71.  Her last years were awful.  But in her final days she did precisely what you suggest; inhaling potato chips and Cheetos.  She knew she was up against it and died with orange stained fingers.  Man, I loved that woman. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bradyfan said:

Do everything possible to live past 70 because after 70 you should eat whatever you want and as much as you want.

Good idea but from my experience when you get that age you often lose some of your appetite, don’t like a lot of the old foods, don’t have much tolerance for alcohol, etc. I say if you are going to go big, do it young and taper off as you get older.

Just now, bradyfan said:

Many seniors think eating less will help them live longer when the opposite is true.  They need more nutrients when they get to that age.

Maybe but from my experience many of them simply lose their appetite. My mom and MIL will order huge ### meals all excited about it and have 4 bites and be full. Also they are starting not to like lots of foods they always like: eggs, cheese, etc.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

The guy sent me a crap ton of some the best sausage I've ever had.  He's A-ok in my book.

Even though he IS the worst. 

He gave you his sausage?

NTTAWWT

:oldunsure:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bradyfan said:

Many seniors think eating less will help them live longer when the opposite is true.  They need more nutrients when they get to that age.

I’m not sure this is true.  Lots of current studies going on that are saying calorie restriction could be one of the best anti-aging methods.