What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Senate Majority, 2021 (1 Viewer)

AZ, FL, GA, IA, MI, MN, NC, OH, PA, WI
The 538 forecast’s median outcome is Biden +8 nationally, which (IMO) would get him 7-8 of those. AZ, FL, MI, MN, NC, PA, and WI all went for Trump by <3.5 last time around, so just using uniform swing, a national 6-point shift to Biden probably puts those in Joe’s camp. Maybe GA too (Trump +5 in ‘16) but it’s kind of inelastic and has unusually harsh voter suppression.

Kind of a crapshoot since we don’t actually know what Biden’s margin is going to be, though. I’m fairly confident that it’ll be within 3 points of the 538 average, but there’s a huge difference between Biden +6 and Biden +12.

% on electionbettingodds.com was trending down for a while but its shot up 7% in the last day.  currently at 64/36 for Ds
What will be the net change in Senate seats be after the election? 

Democratic Party Gain 4 Seats+375

Democratic Party Gain 3 Seats+600

Democratic Party Gain 1 Seat+1200

Republican Party Gain 2 Seats+2000

Democratic Party Gain 5 Seats+550

Democratic Party Gain 2 Seats+850

Neither Party Gains A Seat+1200

Republican Party Gains 4 or More Seats+2000

Democratic Party Gains 7 or More Seats+550

Democratic Party Gains 6 Seats+900

Republican Party Gain 1 Seat+1600

Republican Party Gain 3 Seats+2800

What will be the net change in Senate seats be after the election? 

Democratic Party Gain 4 Seats+375

Democratic Party Gain 3 Seats+600

Democratic Party Gain 1 Seat+1200

Republican Party Gain 2 Seats+2000

Democratic Party Gain 5 Seats+550

Democratic Party Gain 2 Seats+850

Neither Party Gains A Seat+1200

Republican Party Gains 4 or More Seats+2000

Democratic Party Gains 7 or More Seats+550

Democratic Party Gains 6 Seats+900

Republican Party Gain 1 Seat+1600

Republican Party Gain 3 Seats+2800
7 or more us a good bet as long as it allows for Georgia runoff results 

Des Moines Register / Selzer (A+):

IOWA
Ernst 46%
Greenfield 42%

Not good for Greenfield, who has led in previous DMR polls.

Lindsey Graham outperforming his poll numbers by 2% and cruising to an easy victory.

At some point these polling companies just might want to give an automatic 1-2 point boost to every Republican.

Joe Summer said:
Lindsey Graham outperforming his poll numbers by 2% and cruising to an easy victory.

At some point these polling companies just might want to give an automatic 1-2 point boost to every Republican.
Wow kind of shocked here. 100 million dollars were spent to defeat Graham.  Most $$$$ spent in Senate history.

I think about all the money spent on these campaigns and what good it could do in communities.

Wow kind of shocked here. 100 million dollars were spent to defeat Graham.  Most $$$$ spent in Senate history.

I think about all the money spent on these campaigns and what good it could do in communities.
Yeah...sad how much is spent and how often its just spewing negative garbage about other people.

Was thinking this too.  

I think McGrath spent 70 something million in KY to lose significantly to McConnell.  Mind blowing that people give this kind of money to politicians.  

People in KY have been saying for months they were lighting money on fire.  It is what it is, sadly.

Was thinking this too.  

I think McGrath spent 70 something million in KY to lose significantly to McConnell.  Mind blowing that people give this kind of money to politicians.  

People in KY have been saying for months they were lighting money on fire.  It is what it is, sadly.
Who profits from all this $$$$$ spent or should I say wasted?

Who profits from all this $$$$$ spent or should I say wasted?
Billboard companies, advertising companies.  

A lot of these Senate races are getting a lot of out of state support trying to flip the Senate.  So it's not necessarily money from Kentucky or South Carolina.  But still.  Go help the people suffering in your own state.

Billboard companies, advertising companies.  

A lot of these Senate races are getting a lot of out of state support trying to flip the Senate.  So it's not necessarily money from Kentucky or South Carolina.  But still.  Go help the people suffering in your own state.
Just wait until you see the receipts from the GA runoff in January...

That's the thing. The polls are not closer now. There have been FIVE polls since the one that was "sent to you", and they show that Peters has expanded his lead to 4.4 points.
Polls were wrong again.

Dogfight for Senate seat in Michigan as John James could flip Peters seat but it will be tough to hang on.   James up by 30K votes with 91% in.    Going to go down to the wire.

Would be nice to get a black Senator voted in.

Last edited by a moderator:
 A lot of these Senate races are getting a lot of out of state support trying to flip the Senate.  
$200 million dollars spent to lose to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham by double digits.

But remember, we need to amend the first amendment to get money out of politics because people can buy elections.

Remember when they were going to add four liberal justices to the supreme court just because they could?
People like to dismiss the court packing issue.  But it gave the GOP a talking point and a way for them to make voters worry about their opponents. And I think it played a role---even if small.  

I was all set to vote for Biden in the summer.  And then they were going to pack the courts, end the fillibuster, add new states, etc. so the Republicans could never combat them--well I don't want that.  

And maybe those concerns are overblown.  But the Democrats didn't seem to worried about dismissing those concerns.  And I think it hurt.

People like to dismiss the court packing issue.  But it gave the GOP a talking point and a way for them to make voters worry about their opponents. And I think it played a role---even if small.  

I was all set to vote for Biden in the summer.  And then they were going to pack the courts, end the fillibuster, add new states, etc. so the Republicans could never combat them--well I don't want that.  

And maybe those concerns are overblown.  But the Democrats didn't seem to worried about dismissing those concerns.  And I think it hurt.
Did you mind Repubs doing a flip and cramming a 2nd conservative on the court after saying the people should decide before last election? Republican politicians have NO credibility or ethics these days. They do not even hide their blatant disregard for their own stated stances.

Did you mind Repubs doing a flip and cramming a 2nd conservative on the court after saying the people should decide before last election? Republican politicians have NO credibility or ethics these days. They do not even hide their blatant disregard for their own stated stances.
I don't mind them cramming ACB Through.  

I don't think the way they handled Garland was right.  

That still doesn't mean I approve of adding enough seats to give yourself the majority.  

Can someone explain the GA run off election for the other seat?  How does that work and who is likely to win it?

Can someone explain the GA run off election for the other seat?  How does that work and who is likely to win it?
I THINK* if no one gets 50%, the top two do a run off.  

Logically, Loffler should be favored because Doug Collins has 20+% and that’ll shift to her.  

I think we’re seeing record voting numbers nationwide for a myriad of reasons—but a big part of it is still the “get rid of Trump” stimulus.  If Trump loses, That’s obviously gone and in my mind hurts the Dem in the run off.

But it may be that GA comes out energized after removing Trump and wanting to limit the R advantage in the Senate.  

As others have pointed out, about to be a lot of crazy spending.

I THINK* if no one gets 50%, the top two do a run off.  

Logically, Loffler should be favored because Doug Collins has 20+% and that’ll shift to her.  

I think we’re seeing record voting numbers nationwide for a myriad of reasons—but a big part of it is still the “get rid of Trump” stimulus.  If Trump loses, That’s obviously gone and in my mind hurts the Dem in the run off.

But it may be that GA comes out energized after removing Trump and wanting to limit the R advantage in the Senate.  

As others have pointed out, about to be a lot of crazy spending.
Interesting.

But, then you look at the rest of the candidates and they are all Democrats until you get pretty low.  And those totals are 16.4% combined.  So with Warnock already at 32.3%, that's 48.7% total compared to 46.3% for Loeffler+Collins.

So, unless there's something I'm missing there or it's predicted otherwise, that goes D as well.  Still not enough, though, as that's only 49. 

Need either Ossoff or Cunningham to pull off a late flip. 

jm192 said:

I think it hurt them with people who were looking for reasons to vote GOP.

Perdue dipping under 50% could be key because it would send it to second runoff. There’s no telling what the turnout will be because you use lose the pro-Trump vote but all the anti-Trump. I have a hard time seeing MAGA voters turning out after a Trump loss, so both seats could turn blue.

Perdue dipping under 50% could be key because it would send it to second runoff. There’s no telling what the turnout will be because you use lose the pro-Trump vote but all the anti-Trump. I have a hard time seeing MAGA voters turning out after a Trump loss, so both seats could turn blue.
I am not going to hold my breath, but it looks like the democrats can win a statewide election in Georgia now. They have a shot

Perdue's share of votes is down to 50.09 percent. If it dips below 50 percent, he and Ossoff will go a run-off with the other Georgia Senate race. 

$1B total spending, easily.
I saw a quote the other day which said something to the effect of "Democrats spent $200 million to lose 2 seats by double digits in Kentucky and North Carolina."

So, go ahead and change that quote to "1.2 billion" and "4 seats."

While I'm glad there's a chance, I don't see how Dems can pick up both runoffs. 

But talk about insanity if they do.

Also, I really don't understand the run off rule requiring 50% there. Seems ridiculous, IMO, and only results in wasted time and money. 

I mean, it's the rule now, but it's silly to me.

Users who are viewing this thread