What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Senate Majority, 2021 (1 Viewer)

I am with Tim. Georgia voted for Biden. I don't think you would want to keep him away from the race. 
I think Georgia voted moreso against Trump.  

I don't think Biden is a big stimulus one way or the other.  

Trump on the other hand is a total lightning rod.

https://bongino.com/gop-officially-flips-fourteenth-congressional-seat/

"Democrat Cristy Smith also conceded to Republican Mike Garcia last night in the race for California’s 25th district. Garcia had won the seat in a May special election after Democrat Rep. Katie Hill stepped down following a scandal.

...... Of the 27 House races that the Cook Political Report rated as “toss-ups” in their election analysis, Republicans won all 27. Republicans also won seven of 36 seats that were rated “likely Democrat” or “lean Democrat.”

Democrats also failed to flip a single state legislature at the state and local level, while Republicans flipped the Senate and House in New Hampshire."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2020/house/

Cook Political calls 14 HOR flips so far this cycle. IA-2 and NY-22 have litigation pending.

I recognize there is a major battle in Georgia that's critical, but one has to look at the HOR elections and start to forecast future trends in Senate elections. The RNC is actively grooming and pushing women, minorities and veterans into the fold. California has always been blue for the POTUS but Gavin Newsom's insanity and Trump's barnstorming has caused some clear upheaval in these down ticket races. The widespread negative media narrative associated with higher profile Cuomo, Lightfoot, Durkan, Wheeler and the like are costing the DNC across the board.

The RNC is starting to recognize the optics behind grooming a long term guy like a Wesley Hunt and how candidates as such operate as blunt force trauma to the current woke/cancel culture.

Even if the DNC takes the Senate in Georgia, the question shifts to how many moderate and progressive HOR Democrats with a shaky hold on their districts feel like taking voting risks that they think are too big for their own political survival.

Users who are viewing this thread