What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I’m Ready for Fantasy Football to be Done for the Year (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
I’m ready for it to be over, think I’ve had enough, maybe not for 9 months, but I def need a break. I’m tired of checking predictions, lines, over/unders, etc... I really just need a break, first time I’ve recalled feeling like this.

Am I alone in that? I’m a 49ers fan, I’d like to just watch their games and not have to root against any of them. Last night wasn’t even fun, watching and rooting against Kittle, I love the guy and I wasn’t even happy when he scored a TD.

I get it. Starting in the spring with OTAs, through the summer watching drafts, training camp news, and poring over player tidbits, I'm done. I was drafting teams as early as April 14th. That's nine months of being immersed in fantasy. I have too many teams this year, too much to manage waivers and set lineups. I won a league already, may win a few smaller ones, will probably break even and maybe make a few dollars. I'm going to take out the most winnings as I can without triggering a tax form and leave the rest in there for next year and not add any money next season. Maybe play fewer leagues and more best ball formats.

I'm really aggravated with the Patriots being serial cheaters and no punishment actually changing their behavior. Makes the whole league seem rigged.

I’m ready for it to be over, think I’ve had enough, maybe not for 9 months, but I def need a break. I’m tired of checking predictions, lines, over/unders, etc... I really just need a break, first time I’ve recalled feeling like this.

Am I alone in that? I’m a 49ers fan, I’d like to just watch their games and not have to root against any of them. Last night wasn’t even fun, watching and rooting against Kittle, I love the guy and I wasn’t even happy when he scored a TD.
I'm taking next year off to see if I miss it at all.

For years I've felt I watched games because of fantasy...This year I'm not watching games because of fantasy.

I'm looking forward to just enjoying a game after this week without worrying about what the bottom ticker is doing.

I’m in only one league, so it’s not over saturation for me, but rather not much to play since I’ve been out of the title chase since week 4 (total points lesser). At least it’s a deep keeper league so always have to pay attention.

So to make a short story long, I’m more than ready for this year to end.

Agree and for me it’s 100% because of Thursday night games.  This week was actually refreshing because you could put football away for an extended stretch.  I was excited for yesterday’s slate because it was out of sight out of mind for an extended stretch.

The Monday-Waivers-Lineup-Thursday grind week after week sucks.  It turned FF into another job instead of an escape.

My older son just turned 7, he’s really gotten into football this year and loves the 49ers like his dad. I let him stay up and watch the game with me last night.

When Kittle scored a TD last night he was jumping up & down with excitement and I had to explain to him that I didn’t want that guy to score a TD. He proceeded to tell me that is dumb, and interestingly, he’s correct. 

I’m playing an Eagles’ fan in my title game today, I have Sanders going. I can’t imagine it will be fun rooting against their starting RB in a de facto playoff game for them. 

I almost feel like I’d be happier in a 12-14 week season, I def don’t need ulterior rooting motives when games actually matter. 

My older son just turned 7, he’s really gotten into football this year and loves the 49ers like his dad. I let him stay up and watch the game with me last night.

When Kittle scored a TD last night he was jumping up & down with excitement and I had to explain to him that I didn’t want that guy to score a TD. 
Seriously?

Id be high 5ing my kid, to hell with FF 

i'm ready for it to end too...it's just such ridiculous luck nowadays but it stresses me out

i made it to the championship but now have cook, jacobs and henry out...what a joke

I've caught myself not caring about my title match up today as much as I should.  What does that tell you?

I've caught myself not caring about my title match up today as much as I should.  What does that tell you?
I always feel this way at this time of year. Championship games are a boring coin flip.  Is it rookie draft or startup draft season yet? 

For years I've felt I watched games because of fantasy...This year I'm not watching games because of fantasy.

I'm looking forward to just enjoying a game after this week without worrying about what the bottom ticker is doing.
I took a year off once. It felt good at times. Other times I did miss it. Came back the next year, didn't miss a beat.

Seriously?

Id be high 5ing my kid, to hell with FF 
Yeah, although my favorite team, the Jets, sucks I still always root for them over fantasy. If I’m playing against Robby Anderson I’m not going to be upset when he scores, will just hope my guys outscore him. The furthest I would go is to think “well if the Pats are going to score here I hope it’s Edelman at least.”

I am in same boat.  I drafted Lamar Jackson and he's the primary reason why I am in the final.  But I am down Evans, Ridley, Engram and now Henry, so my team is likely going to lose.

I am likely going to finish my Christmas shopping as opposed to watching my fantasy football trainwreck.

Yeah, although my favorite team, the Jets, sucks I still always root for them over fantasy. If I’m playing against Robby Anderson I’m not going to be upset when he scores, will just hope my guys outscore him. The furthest I would go is to think “well if the Pats are going to score here I hope it’s Edelman at least.”
I can't remember the last time one of my fantasy games was impacted by a Dolphin, so count your blessings.

Draft or trade for key fantasy players on your real team. This year making sure you draft Kittle would have been the move.

Yea, exactly my thoughts too. I love fantasy, but I don't care about it enough to root against my team (as you know, the Jets as well!)  

I almost feel like I’d be happier in a 12-14 week season, I def don’t need ulterior rooting motives when games actually matter. 
You do know that the game in week 4 is just as important as the game in week 15 for NFL purposes, right?

You also know you can still root for your NFL team and your own team?  Who cares Kittle scored.....your team still needs to score regardless.  

It shouldn't be the end all be all.  Just have fun with all of it.  They are both just games.

Not alone. Fantasy playoffs are my least favorite time of the year. Dynasty......enjoy the offseason far more.
I’m very similar. I enjoy most of it still — though I pay a lot less attention in-season and find it a little boring. I’m just waiting for the final outcome to see if I can win some money. But the offseason in dynasty: that I love. I have 3 teams; 2 contenders this year and one rebuild that I traded for multiple firsts in. And the only team I paid attention to all year was my rebuild. 

I’m very similar. I enjoy most of it still — though I pay a lot less attention in-season and find it a little boring. I’m just waiting for the final outcome to see if I can win some money. But the offseason in dynasty: that I love. I have 3 teams; 2 contenders this year and one rebuild that I traded for multiple firsts in. And the only team I paid attention to all year was my rebuild. 
This for me too.  Rebuilding is more enjoyable than winning.  Maybe ive just been lucky enough to have a few perennial dynasty contenders. .. 

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
You can root for your team to win concurrently with hoping it isn’t a specific guy doing the damage. 

Especially in a championship game, for some odd reason feels like that needs to be explained.

Absolutely agree with the Thursday games angle.  They are more of a nuisance than a "hey, another night with football!" thing for me more and more.

I still play, have multiple teams and check the progress of my games via mobile, but I put a lot less time into research and decisions and focus on watching one game now instead of wildly flipping channels.  It's not the end-all be-all it used to be... but I don't think I'd want to go cold turkey.

When Kittle scored a TD last night he was jumping up & down with excitement and I had to explain to him that I didn’t want that guy to score a TD. He proceeded to tell me that is dumb, and interestingly, he’s correct. 

I’m playing an Eagles’ fan in my title game today, I have Sanders going. I can’t imagine it will be fun rooting against their starting RB in a de facto playoff game for them. 

You need to look at it from a gambler's perspective. Kittle last night was like a hedge to your favorite team winning the game. In other words, still root for the niners and get excited when he scores and let the fantasy stats shake out at week's end. Also, Kittle performed as expected. In other words, you had to expect Kittle would turn in that sort of game. So, again, be happy that your favorite team won, cheer with your son, and only worry if Kittle starts putting up a monster 100+ multi-TD game. 

I’m considering quitting. I say this every year, but overall my interest in the NFL has never been less. 

I reconcile that very easily. FF >>>> any team I root for.
I think you can do both. :shrug:  

I'm in 8 leagues. While it sounds like it's a lot, it's really not. And it has the hidden benefit of spreading shares of players around so, strangely, I am rooting less and less for an individual player because odds are I own him in one and play against him in another. I also gamble on several games a week, am in three pick em leagues, etc. Lastly, Im a Vikings fan and with having so many different ways to win I still can just simply root for my team and let the proverbial chips fall where they may.  

I'm in two championship games this week and could barely care to set the lineups. I'm so done and ready for the draft. I'll watch redzone all day and check scores one last time but yeah I'm checking out.

You need to look at it from a gambler's perspective. Kittle last night was like a hedge to your favorite team winning the game. In other words, still root for the niners and get excited when he scores and let the fantasy stats shake out at week's end. Also, Kittle performed as expected. In other words, you had to expect Kittle would turn in that sort of game. So, again, be happy that your favorite team won, cheer with your son, and only worry if Kittle starts putting up a monster 100+ multi-TD game. 
We had a blast watching the game & were happy the 49ers won, it’s that simple. 

I had Higbee going against Kittle which up until the middle of the 4th was negating the disaster Watson gave me earlier. Not like I was yelling in rage when Kittle scored, but my preference obviously would’ve been for someone else to score.

Regardless, I’ve had enough fantasy football for now, I’d like this season to be over. I’d like to go out on a high note, but I get the sense this ends in slaughter for me today.

Same. Interest in FF has been dealing the last few years but with the 49ers playing well and being a fun team to watch, I don’t even think about FF when they are on. 

When I processed my last set of waivers Wednesday night in the league I commish, I was genuinely happy it was over. 

Maybe some of you need to up the entry fees
I have two leagues, one with college friends and one with high school friends, both tight groups. Both have hefty fees, but honestly for the majority of us it’s #### talking rights. 

One of them I’m in my 6th title game in 8 years, the #### talking is just so fun, but I’m like Urban Meyer right now running this ship, I need a break.

Niners fan as well. I had to root against Higbee, so that worked out great (except for Higbee blowing up again, of course)

deep breath. Go Niners. :wub:  

I'm ready for next season to start.

Philly drafts some WR weapons for Wentz that are men and not frail weaklings.

CLE fires Monken and Freddie, grabs a coach that knows PRo football, draft soem OL for Baker

I draft another superstar in the 1st RD. like DK Metcalf to go with C. Sutton, K. Golladay and A Miller.

Someone creates the blueprint to stop Lamar Jackson so Tucker gets back to kicking 30-40 FGs a year and the coaching staff decides it's better to run Ingram 250 times than the QB 200 times.

Leveon goes back to PITT.

Arians wakes up out of his coma and realizes that Ronald Jones is 100x any other RB he has paraded out there to suck.

CIN drafts Burrow and a bunch of OL help for Mixon.

First time in 10 years I did not make the playoffs in my main league.  I actually felt relieved.    I think I am getting burned out, all the injuries and too much time wasted checking reports.  Then to top it off a guy who auto-drafted is probably going to win the league.

I did not watch any football yesterday and today I won`t even turn my TV on.  Going to enjoy a beautiful Sunday outside.

It was way more fun back in the day when you just bought a magazine in August and watched Will McDonough on the pregame show for your player updates. Way too much "information" to comb over now. The guy who writes a huge paragraph on every single player for every game each week, the weekly multi-page features loaded with statistical analysis, rotoworld updates, twitter, youtube, emails every day with rankings/updates/articles...the worst part about it is digesting all that information usually doesn't even help but you feel like if you don't read it you're falling behind. Wish some of the touts would just bottom line it instead of showing their work. Don't need to see another article loaded with 6 tables worth of statistics I don't even know how to decipher. I'm usually burned out by about week 4 now.

It was way more fun back in the day when you just bought a magazine in August and watched Will McDonough on the pregame show for your player updates. Way too much "information" to comb over now. The guy who writes a huge paragraph on every single player for every game each week, the weekly multi-page features loaded with statistical analysis, rotoworld updates, twitter, youtube, emails every day with rankings/updates/articles...the worst part about it is digesting all that information usually doesn't even help but you feel like if you don't read it you're falling behind. Wish some of the touts would just bottom line it instead of showing their work. Don't need to see another article loaded with 6 tables worth of statistics I don't even know how to decipher. I'm usually burned out by about week 4 now.
I’m going to give you a tip but please don’t share it. The site you’re posting on does exactly this. 

Yeah the info is overload at this point. It really boils down to who shows up when it matters. Like if you made it with Barkley you're doing fine. If you made it with Chubb you're in trouble. Doesn't matter what you've read.

Yeah the info is overload at this point. It really boils down to who shows up when it matters. Like if you made it with Barkley you're doing fine. If you made it with Chubb you're in trouble. Doesn't matter what you've read.
Have Chubb, playing Barkley :kicksrock:

Couldnt you just wait another week for most of the FF season to be over?

I dunno I mean the NFL is annoying. All the commercials are annoying. All the instant replay and so on are annoying.

You dont have to watch though. You could just do something else and check your results later.

I can understand being sick of the dumb stuff, but it still the most entertaining sport around and I am actually a bit sad that the season is almost over now, rather than pining for it to be over already.

Once it is over then my favorite time of the fantasy year starts. Not feeling tired or fatigued at all.

Lol at everyone complaining about playing fantasy football. If that’s what you have to complain about things can’t be too bad.
I hate this take.  Sometimes ff is the only thing you have that's good and if that's not working it's really bad.

Watched the game last night and two of my players got tds and I couldn't feel more meh about it.  Something like "I guess this is alright"

Couldnt you just wait another week for most of the FF season to be over?

I dunno I mean the NFL is annoying. All the commercials are annoying. All the instant replay and so on are annoying.

You dont have to watch though. You could just do something else and check your results later.

I can understand being sick of the dumb stuff, but it still the most entertaining sport around and I am actually a bit sad that the season is almost over now, rather than pining for it to be over already.

Once it is over then my favorite time of the fantasy year starts. Not feeling tired or fatigued at all.
No I can't wait for the games. It's the huge effort I put into FF that's hit a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread