What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Post Season Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Not a lot of scoring by the popular players in this game it seems.  Could use a similar scenario in the KC game.

-QG

Not a lot of scoring by the popular players in this game it seems.  Could use a similar scenario in the KC game.

-QG
Yeah, I had JimmyG, Mostert, Samuel & Niners D/ST.

i think the D/ST is the highest scorer of the bunch. 

in this game I’ve got Tannehill, Balt D/ST, LJackson, Mark Andrews and I think Snead? Hmmm

gonna need a lot of points out of this game to make the cut. 

Those of us cutting it tight dodged a bullet in Kittle and Mosert...both 37% owned.

Personally I shunned Lamar 52% for Rodgers and Adams, both 9%.

Had no players in the first game.  Was nice to see Coleman as the only stud with 22.5 points.  He is owned by a mere 85 people.  Couldn't be going much better at halftime in the BAL/TEN game.  Hopefully TEN can keep Lamar in check, but a win would just be asking too much.

First place is at 90.05 pts at halftime of the first game.  Do you think that would hold for making the cutoff?

In calcomatic what does match mean?  Some of my players that have already played has an X in that category and some dont.....and the same with players who play tomorrow?  Also my score  adds up  to be in the 70s  yet calcomatic is listing it as 57.7.  Having trouble making heads or tales out of this.

In calcomatic what does match mean?  Some of my players that have already played has an X in that category and some dont.....and the same with players who play tomorrow?  Also my score  adds up  to be in the 70s  yet calcomatic is listing it as 57.7.  Having trouble making heads or tales out of this.
You only get a score from two players per team.

Had no players in the first game.  Was nice to see Coleman as the only stud with 22.5 points.  He is owned by a mere 85 people.  Couldn't be going much better at halftime in the BAL/TEN game.  Hopefully TEN can keep Lamar in check, but a win would just be asking too much.
Dreams do come true.  Well, Lamar scored very well, but TEN moves on.  Now I just need to make the cut.  12 down with Mahomes (and other Chiefs including Hill & Kelce), Wilson/Homer, MVS/Graham, and Fells.  Should be good to go, but a KC loss would end my run, even if I advance.

I wonder if a HOU/TEN conference final puts some weird entries into the mix to cash.  Does 5 GB guys and Henry get me $25? 

-QG

Currently at 70 points and I have 6 guys going today. I think I'm probably good for moving on, but it depends upon how high scoring the KC-HOU game is. I have no KC players...

If I move on to next week, I already have 6 guys for sure and, if HOU wins, I'll have 8 scoring next week.

My TEN-SF super bowl still looking like a decent pick right now...

TEN looking A LOT like the NY Giants team that beat the 18-0 Patriots...

Cut sits at 46.45 after the first 2 games.  Below are the players most responsible for the cut.  I've highlighted in RED the players lost for week 3.  Obviously the numbers won't add up to the cut, because only 2 players count per team.  We can be sure of one thing - since Jackson/Brown, Henry/Tannehill, Diggs/Cousins, and Coleman/Bourne were all the 2 highest scorers on their teams, they combined to move the cut 38.63 points on their own, because anyone who rostered them was guaranteed to use them.

Lamar Jackson - 36.55 x 52.92% = 19.34

Derrick Henry - 27.35 x 34.31% = 9.38

Ryan Tannehill - 23.70 x 20.60% = 4.88

Mark Andrews - 9.90 x 42.57% = 4.21

Marquise Brown - 19.60 x 12.70% = 2.49

George Kittle - 6.10 x 37.38% = 2.28

Raheem Mostert - 5.80 x 36.70% = 2.13

Jimmy Garoppolo - 11.55 x 18.09% = 2.09

Robbie Gould - 9.50 x 18.90% = 1.80

Justin Tucker - 7.90 x 20.93% = 1.65

Deebo Samuel - 7.80 x 20.73% = 1.62

Niners D - 10.00 x 11.07% = 1.11

Willie Snead - 11.60 x 9.37% = 1.09

Hayden Hurst - 17.30 x 5.88% = 1.02

Jonnu Smith - 10.20 x 9.99% = 1.02

Stefon Diggs - 13.70 x 7.08% = .97

Mark Ingram - 3.60 x 22.95% = .83

Kirk Cousins - 13.60 x 5.26% = .72

Emmanuel Sanders - 5.30 x 12.37% = .66

Tevin Coleman - 22.50 x 2.78% = .63

Titans D - 10.00 x 5.13% = .51

AJ Brown - 2.80 x 18.15% = .51

Greg Joseph - 4.00 x 11.75% = .47

Adam Thielen - 10.00 x 4.54% = .45

Corey Davis - 7.30 x 5.22% = .38

Dalvin Cook - 5.60 x 6.82% = .38

Miles Boykin - 5.60 x 5.81% = .33

Gus Edwards - 2.00 x 14.76% = .30

Justice Hill - 4.60 x 5.65% = .26

Kendrick Bourne - 13.00 x 1.73% = .22

Dan Bailey - 4.90 x 3.26% = .16

Kyle Rudolph - 3.40 x 4.37% = .15

Ravens D - 1.00 x 15.12% = .15

Irv Smith - 8.40 x 1.60% = .13

Matt Breida - 1.70 x 6.79% = .12

Seth Roberts - 5.00 x 1.99% = .10

Vikings D - 6.00 x 1.57% = .09

Kalif Raymond - 11.50 x 0.26% = .03

MyCole Pruitt - 3.00 x 0.65% = .02

Alexander Mattison - 0.30 x 2.64% = .01

Tyler Conklin - 2.00 x 0.20% = 0

Ameer Abdullah - 1.20 x 0.39% = 0

Dante Pettis - 0.00 x 3.13% = 0

Nick Boyle - 0.00 x 2.84% = 0

Mike Boone - 0.00 x 2.74% = 0

Kyle Juszczyk - 0.00 x 2.25% = 0

Dion Lewis - 0.00 x 1.99% = 0

Jeff Wilson - 0.00 x 1.96% = 0

Tajae Sharpe - 0.00 x 1.73% = 0

Adam Humphries - 0.00 x 1.14% = 0

Richie James - 0.00 x 0.95% = 0

Olabisi Johnson - 0.00 x 0.88% = 0

Laquon Treadwell - 0.00 x 0.72% = 0

CJ Ham - 0.00 x 0.69% = 0

Ross Dwelley - 0.00 x 0.46% = 0

Anthony Firkser - 0.00 x 0.36% = 0

Currently at 70 points and I have 6 guys going today. I think I'm probably good for moving on, but it depends upon how high scoring the KC-HOU game is. I have no KC players...

If I move on to next week, I already have 6 guys for sure and, if HOU wins, I'll have 8 scoring next week.

My TEN-SF super bowl still looking like a decent pick right now...

TEN looking A LOT like the NY Giants team that beat the 18-0 Patriots...
Which 6 you got going today?

Which 6 you got going today?
OK, I was totally wrong, I do have KC players...lol, I'm still waking up after seeing Heilung in concert last night and many whiskies...

Duke Johnson & Kenny Stills

Damien Williams & Mecole Hardman

Allen Lazard

Travis Homer

I think I will have no problem moving on...

If we get a Ten SF superbowl then IDK maybe I score a cash. Certainly no chance at 1st. If I survive today that is. But I've got 100 points with Metcalf and Moore left to go so I think I'm in good shape to advance this week. Seahawks must beat the Packers or I won't get past next week. 6 Niners (not named Coleman), 2 Titans, Henry and Smith. Bunch of dead Ravens.

If we get a Ten SF superbowl then IDK maybe I score a cash. Certainly no chance at 1st. If I survive today that is. But I've got 100 points with Metcalf and Moore left to go so I think I'm in good shape to advance this week. Seahawks must beat the Packers or I won't get past next week. 6 Niners (not named Coleman), 2 Titans, Henry and Smith. Bunch of dead Ravens.
I have 13 players if it's TEN-SF. I DON'T have Tevin Coleman, though...I have a VERY good chance of winning if it's TEN-SF...But that will still take a minor miracle to happen...

Heck, I have 8 players if it's KC-SF or HOU-SF also...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday's games had a total of 16,627 roster spots (BAL - 6539), (SF - 5369), (TEN - 3409), (MIN - 1310)

Today's games have 13,011 (KC - 5489), (SEA - 3238), (GB - 2650), (HOU - 1634)

If HOU can pull the upset today, it will either be crickets or chaos in here.

I'm in the high Sea ownership camp and because I took NE in the AFC I have 1 or 2 players from there should I get to the dance. Sitting at 32.8 but have a chance with 6 players counting today:

I have my pick 2 from 9 Sea players (Russ/Homer/Metcalf/D.Moore/J.Brown/Hollister/L.Willson/Myers/Sea D) 

both Pack K and Def counting 

and in the AFC I have both the Chiefs and Texans Def

So hopefully the cutline doesn't move too much and I can catch up! 

Should I get to next week I will have 6 players/Def going....Gould SF, D.Lewis Tenn and G.Joseph Tenn still alive. So I really need my Hawks to continue the magical journey so I at least have a few decent dawgs in the fight...

GO HAWKS!!

I have 13 players if it's TEN-SF. I DON'T have Tevin Coleman, though...I have a VERY good chance of winning if it's TEN-SF...But that will still take a minor miracle to happen...

Heck, I have 8 players if it's KC-SF or HOU-SF also...
Wow. Well I'll tell you something. I don't think it would be miracle. Can KC or Hou stop Henry better than NE or Baltimore? I had Tennessee beating New England, but I absolutely would have given them a better chance against either Houston or KC than against Baltimore. Now I'm wondering if they can be stopped. So you have 5 Titans then? 

Wow. Well I'll tell you something. I don't think it would be miracle. Can KC or Hou stop Henry better than NE or Baltimore? I had Tennessee beating New England, but I absolutely would have given them a better chance against either Houston or KC than against Baltimore. Now I'm wondering if they can be stopped. So you have 5 Titans then? 
The other part of that equation though is whether Tennessee can be a come from behind team if either KC or Houston can put up a quick 14 or 21 points. We’ve seen both those offenses do that, especially Kansas City. Marquis Brown torched Tennessee’s secondary for 7/126. Tyreek Hill makes brown look slow as molasses.

if Houston advances, I don’t know if the Tennessee secondary can keep up with the size of DeAndre Hopkins or the speed of Will Fuller.

don’t get me wrong, I love what Tennessee is doing… But Baltimore played a pretty bad game and Tennessee was never really challenged. Tennessee could certainly beat either KC or Houston, but I think their sometimes questionable secondary will be far more tested in either of those matchups.

Yesterday's games had a total of 16,627 roster spots (BAL - 6539), (SF - 5369), (TEN - 3409), (MIN - 1310)

Today's games have 13,011 (KC - 5489), (SEA - 3238), (GB - 2650), (HOU - 1634)

If HOU can pull the upset today, it will either be crickets or chaos in here.
So it makes sense the cut would move less today, especially given that one of the highest owned players went off yesterday?

The other part of that equation though is whether Tennessee can be a come from behind team if either KC or Houston can put up a quick 14 or 21 points. We’ve seen both those offenses do that, especially Kansas City. Marquis Brown torched Tennessee’s secondary for 7/126. Tyreek Hill makes brown look slow as molasses.

if Houston advances, I don’t know if the Tennessee secondary can keep up with the size of DeAndre Hopkins or the speed of Will Fuller.

don’t get me wrong, I love what Tennessee is doing… But Baltimore played a pretty bad game and Tennessee was never really challenged. Tennessee could certainly beat either KC or Houston, but I think their sometimes questionable secondary will be far more tested in either of those matchups.
I actually quite agree, I just don't think it will take a miracle for Tenn to win. If they play their game they will have a legit shot. 

I actually quite agree, I just don't think it will take a miracle for Tenn to win. If they play their game they will have a legit shot. 
I’m actually rooting for a San Francisco Tennessee Super Bowl. One, because that would be the most unexpected and interesting matchup, and two because I have several Niners and Derek Henry in my local postseason league. Currently in first place, that matchup might lock up $$$ for me. :pickle:

Also, if there is any team that fits the narrative of "having a magical run", right now it's the Titans. Beating the Ravens *was* the miracle. Beating the Pats was chalk, IMO, that Pats offense was so bad. Now matching up against the Chiefs or Texans, I can't help but think they have at least a 50/50 shot at it.

I’m actually rooting for a San Francisco Tennessee Super Bowl. One, because that would be the most unexpected and interesting matchup, and two because I have several Niners and Derek Henry in my local postseason league. Currently in first place, that matchup might lock up $$$ for me. :pickle:
Yeah, me too. I hate the Packers and Seahawks, and I don't mind the Chiefs but I feel like no matter what happens Andy Reid will screw them so there isn't much point in rooting for them. And the Texans are overachievers (this year).

I have 7 Titans and 6 Niners...

Good news!

In 6th place with 136.9

Bad news!

Baltimore gone, and I played the traditional route of loading up. Now missing for Week 3 and beyond:

L Jackson QB BAL36.55X

H Hurst TE BAL 17.30X

M AndrewsTE BAL 9.90

M Boykin WR BAL 5.60

J Hill RB BAL 4.60

G Edwards RB BAL2.00

D Singletary RB BUF 0.00

Jo Brown RB BUF 0,00

Dang! Did Bal losing to Ten losing ever hurt. If I could somehow carry a TEN two-man of Tannehill and Henry with a SEA victory today and a SF loaded team, I might be in business.

This contest is hard. I think I was very close to being alive for the SB

So it makes sense the cut would move less today, especially given that one of the highest owned players went off yesterday?
According to my math, Mahomes would have to put up 63 fantasy points to match Jackson's 19.34 cut line move.  But if he did that, you can be sure Hill and Kelce would be moving the line along with him.  Wilson (583), Rodgers (283), and Watson (204) should be able to outscore Tannehill (631), Garoppolo (554), and Cousins (161), as only Tannehill had an average fantasy game, and Garoppolo/Cousins put up duds.

According to my math, Mahomes would have to put up 63 fantasy points to match Jackson's 19.34 cut line move.  But if he did that, you can be sure Hill and Kelce would be moving the line along with him.  Wilson (583), Rodgers (283), and Watson (204) should be able to outscore Tannehill (631), Garoppolo (554), and Cousins (161), as only Tannehill had an average fantasy game, and Garoppolo/Cousins put up duds.
Thanks for the analysis 

Green Bay players start at 13% ownership. Same with Seattle. Houston at 7%
Given where I am at with the cut I thino a low-scoring GB win is in my interest.  And even though I lose 1 player (kicker) I think a KC loss - in a relatively high scoring game is also my best scenario.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread