What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to spend $1000 on? (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123

Footballguy
I won about $1,500 in fantasy this year.  I want to reward myself.  I do not want to spend this money responsibly (no hookers and/or blow).  I want to spend $1,000 of it.

A few ideas people here at work have mentioned are a new TV and wall mount, vacation.....the usual stuff.  Hoping you guys can be more creative than that and give me some better ideas.

A few of my ideas are a golf cart, mini bike (my brother who lives close also has one), or just general splurging for a while on food, booze, stuff.....

Whatcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cash - go to the bank, cash it, and carry the roll in your front pocket. Fifty-dollar bills. Use it to buy stuff for chicks. Unique gifts. Then sleep with the chicks. After that try not to be sad when your pockets are empty and you spent the money. Alternatively you could start a small business. Or start a savings account if one of those chicks has a little kid. Then look right into the kids eyes and say, "You're going to college someday, kid." Or go to a pawn shop that specializes in a huge selection of jewelry. Find a super-lowball deal on a piece of gold you like. But if (and only if) you can buy it for the actual market price of the gold. See it as a smart investment; proof that you are a good negotiator.

Grab a few buddies and take them out for a nice steak dinner. That will be more memorable than buying a “thing.” You should be able to drink some good whiskey and eat pretty well for a $250 check average. 

Last time I won a decent amount in FF, I bought a nice set of golf clubs. That was 15 years ago and I have probably used them 20 times. Still like new!

Probably wouldn't have bought golf clubs without winning the league that year so that's the kind of splurge gift that really didn't cost me anything. 

Invest it and in 20 years buy the car you always wanted and add the vanity plate "19FFCHMP"

That'll show them! 

Buy 28 of the $35 entry fbg fantasy playoff teams.   Carefully disperse 4 players from each of the playoff teams so they dont overlap.   Win $100k.   

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the only ideas that are in the ballpark for me are taking friends out for dinner/drinks or maybe golf clubs.  I like my current clubs but could add a couple clubs, and a new bag.  

As for the golf cart, I see used golf carts around that price from time to time. 

Buying expensive whiskey, nah.  Frankly I dont mind a 25 dollar bottle of Bush mills.  

WDIK2 said:
Drone

Surf board

Kayak

E-Bike

Pinball machine

Refurbished coin-op bar pool table

Soviet rocket launcher
Where can you get one of these for $1000?

Asking for a friend.

Give a few bucks to charity. (and not the stripper)

Give a few bucks to a stripper.

Have a nice dinner with friends

Have a nice dinner with wife.

Stash a couple a hundred in different places so you'll find them throughout the year (golf bag, winter coat, etc). It's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

Oh, and jelly of the month club. 

ghostguy123 said:
I won about $1,500 in fantasy this year.  I want to reward myself.  I do not want to spend this money responsibly (no hookers and/or blow).  I want to spend $1,000 of it.

A few ideas people here at work have mentioned are a new TV and wall mount, vacation.....the usual stuff.  Hoping you guys can be more creative than that and give me some better ideas.

A few of my ideas are a golf cart, mini bike (my brother who lives close also has one), or just general splurging for a while on food, booze, stuff.....

Whatcha got?
Ok, I'm out.

So far the only ideas that are in the ballpark for me are taking friends out for dinner/drinks or maybe golf clubs.  I like my current clubs but could add a couple clubs, and a new bag.  

As for the golf cart, I see used golf carts around that price from time to time. 

Buying expensive whiskey, nah.  Frankly I dont mind a 25 dollar bottle of Bush mills.  
Pick up a new sport...a real sport.

Buy three bowling balls, bag, and some shoes. All if that plus a lesson or two can be done for $1000.

This morning I took $1K of the $1400 I won for winning my league and paid cash for a set of Titleist irons for my 16 yo son. Wife will never know how much I spent and son now has clubs he can use for the next 30yrs. 

From the sound of it, if there's something you wanted, you could buy it (this is FBG's, afterall). Giving is always the most fun way to spend money. Outside of the expensive dinner with buddies (great idea), most anything else is probably something that would end up in the way.

Laying $1000 in the hands of someone that desperately needs it would easily bring you the most joy.

Or put it in the IRA of your favorite young person. Giving $1000 is fun. Giving the first $100,000 of someone's retirement seems like a whole bunch of fun. 

Anytime I win a bet (I consider FF betting), I find it appropriate to share in the winnings with the league.

A night of beers or an afternoon watching playoff games at a sports bar, or something.

I used a windfall to buy a Michael Jordan 1986 Fleer rookie that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.  I'd had one years ago I sold off to get money to help start my business.  All depends on what your hobbies are.

Users who are viewing this thread