Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Najee Harris, PIT

Faust

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I came to the Najee thread to feel positive and I see him getting trashed, comped to Richardson. 

I think he's a 4-5 year stud. And still not sure he's worth 1.1 only  because.....

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

I love this class. 

he's in a class with the best TE prospect I've ever seen who won't turn 21 until a few weeks into the season and a WR who if I combine his talent plus incoming situation I might have to go all the way back to Julio to find a WR I would have ranked higher entering the league.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Yeah, it is lower. As a prospect he is remarkably similar except slower and going to a team with worse run blocking. 

Najee has awful vision? 

58 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Yeah, it is lower. As a prospect he is remarkably similar except slower and going to a team with worse run blocking. 

I am trying to see what this connection is beyond Bama. Just your eyeball test?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

People trying to get others in their league to pass on him

Well in that case, Chase and Harris are looking like 2nd round dynasty picks to me. They have bust written all over them. Only worse move would be taking Kyle Pitts. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Laughing 1

41 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Well in that case, Chase and Harris are looking like 2nd round dynasty picks to me. They have bust written all over them. Only worse move would be taking Kyle Pitts. 

Yeah I remember Kyle Pitts, when his name was Tony Scheffler.

• Laughing 3

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I would take Chase without hesitation. 

8 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Production is very similar. 

Sort of. Trent's stats were far better not that it means that much for NFL projection. 

1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

No. 

Every running back in the NFL better be able to do that including Benny Snell. 

Show me the video of Bennie snell 22 mph on a treadmill I guess?

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Lynch is his agent? I don't know if I should snicker about that or change my perception of Lynch a bit.

Man I had no idea on that or that Beast Mode Talent agency even existed.

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's driving me crazy deciding between him and Chase at the 1.1 in a non-ppr. :crazy:

I'll take what's behind Door #3, Monty.

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's driving me crazy deciding between him and Chase at the 1.1 in a non-ppr. :crazy:

My league starts 2 RB. My current depth chart is swift, ekeler, hines, mckissick. Start 3 WRs. I have AJ, lamb, Diontae, Sutton, Hardman. I have 1.1, 1.7, 2.3. Non PPR. 

Right now I'm going Chase. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Let's just say that the number one pick is driving me crazy period.

Trade back or out.  Get what you want.

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It’s a hell of a choice in non-PPR. Given the scarcity at RB I go Harris in 1 QB non-ppr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

It’s a hell of a choice in non-PPR. Given the scarcity at RB I go Harris in 1 QB non-ppr.

It's an epic conundrum. I have the 1 & 4 and then 6-8.

If I take Harris, then the next two could/should be Chase & Pitts. Williams isn't a bad consolation at 4. But missing out on both Chase & Pitts would be a bummer.

But if I take Chase, then I run the risk that two RBs go before four, and I really need a RB. And I don't want to take Etienne before Pitts.

But if I take Pitts at one, then Chase HAS to go in the next two, right? Then one of Harris or Williams is there at four.

:loco:

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If I take Harris, then the next two could/should be Chase & Pitts. Williams isn't a bad consolation at 4. But missing out on both Chase & Pitts would be a bummer.

But if I take Chase, then I run the risk that two RBs go before four, and I really need a RB. And I don't want to take Etienne before Pitts.

But if I take Pitts at one, then Chase HAS to go in the next two, right? Then one of Harris or Williams is there at four.

I didnt know which picks you had. Given your scenario I’d go Chase or Pitts at 1.01. You’ll have a RB waiting for you at 4. I’d likely go with Chase over Pitts but I don’t think you can go wrong with either. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I didnt know which picks you had. Given your scenario I’d go Chase or Pitts at 1.01. You’ll have a RB waiting for you at 4. I’d likely go with Chase over Pitts but I don’t think you can go wrong with either. 

BUT...If I take Pitts at 1, then I can likely get Smith at 6 so I still get a great receiver...

Good thing this isn't for money or I might  take this too seriously. :lol:

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

50 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If you take Pitts 1 then you will likely get RB2 at 4 then WR2 + 3 and QB1 6-8.

That's what I was thinking. Seems the right strategy, no?

It may not be the best route, but it's probably the safest so long as you're cool without Najee. The only possible curve ball would be Chase not going 2 or 3, but that seems unlikely given what I've seen in drafts the last week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'd take Harris. You said you really need a RB, and in a non-ppr I'd be mildly surprised if both Chase and Pitts go before RB#2. Worst case you get RB's 1 and 2, which isn't so bad in your situation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I’m going against the grain and taking Chase.  Haven’t been this impressed by a WR as a whole since AJ Green came out.  I think Najee will be solid.  But Chase feels like a top 10 wideout in tandem with Burrow for a decade.

Edited by SayWhat?

7 minutes ago, humpback said:

I'd take Harris. You said you really need a RB, and in a non-ppr I'd be mildly surprised if both Chase and Pitts go before RB#2. Worst case you get RB's 1 and 2, which isn't so bad in your situation.

Well I need everything. Blew up an orphaned team and the only pieces left are Chubb and Tee Higgins.

So you all see my boggle. :lol:

In non ppr I would pick Harris #1 then hope Pitts doesn't go 2 or 3. I am comfortable with the risk in going with that route. I think you need to decide whether you are comfortable with that risk or if you want to ensure a clean draft.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well I need everything. Blew up an orphaned team and the only pieces left are Chubb and Tee Higgins.

Lightweight.  I once took over a dynasty team and my top three players were Eli Manning, Cedric Benson, and Kevin Curtis.

... picked up a guy from waivers named Ryan Fitzpatrick too.

ETA: Dangit, just realized this is the Najee Harris thread.   I love Najee Harris.

Edited by Mister CIA

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I guess if the worst that happens is that I end up with Harris & Williams I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about it.

If you take Pitts, the worst that happens is you get Pitts and Chase. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

If you take Pitts, the worst that happens is you get Pitts and Chase. 

That's great on one hand, really, but on the other I have to start two RBs. And sitting at six I could miss out on all three of the top backs. But I AM leaning toward rolling the dice this way.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

That's great on one hand, really, but on the other I have to start two RBs. And sitting at six I could miss out on all three of the top backs.

You are going to have a winning team 1 year after blowing up a roster. Get one next year. Even if I am wrong on Harris, he won't be around long. Waiting until next year should just add time to your window. I would trade Chubb for 2022 picks.

31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That's great on one hand, really, but on the other I have to start two RBs. And sitting at six I could miss out on all three of the top backs. But I AM leaning toward rolling the dice this way.

Pitts at 1 in non ppr would be a colossal mistake.  Not the right thread as this has digressed a bit more than it shoukd for this thread, but just putting that out there.  

• Faust changed the title to RB Najee Harris, PIT