What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹ (2 Viewers)

Sorry bruh.  You just have to take this loss.

I was breaking it down to the plays that mattered most; Carr was under more intense pressure to do more with less deep threats and he did.
man...little sensitive....try to come in and give your team props and its still not good enough....#raiderfan.... :lmao:

You were condescending and did not respond to any facts presented in response.  Take this loss and hope it's not a game plan for other teams to follow.
Not sure what facts I was supposed to respond to.....said it was a nice win and you guys did some nice things....if the Chiefs D plays like that the rest of the year they may not win another game.....

Not sure what facts I was supposed to respond to.....said it was a nice win and you guys did some nice things....if the Chiefs D plays like that the rest of the year they may not win another game.....
You did good...but anyone could beat us if we do that. 

Carr attacked safeties more effectively deep with less time in the pocket than Mahomes.  Take the loss.

haven't given up 40 since the MNF video game against the rams....been playing pretty good since losing to TEN last year.....they were terrible today....yes raiders also played well on offense and Carr made some throws/plays he normally doesn't....but KC D was awful...there were guys WIDE open because of terrible D....lets not act like the Raider offense has been a force....
Ok... go away again

You did good...but anyone could beat us if we do that. 
Correct....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that assessment....you guys did do some really good things but if if the Chiefs D keeps playing like that...that may not win another game....which is true....that’s just an assessment of both teams after this game...if you want to rub one out on the Raiders and act like it’s all puppies and rainbows and this was some statement game....go for it....but Chiefs defense sucked today..... 

I don't normally get involved with online squabbles, but a few posts back you bashed Derek Carr in a Raiders thread. A QB that has 11 TDs and 1 INT through the first 5 weeks of the season. DC isn't Mahomes, we know that "bruh", but he's our QB, he showed growth and mental toughness today. When in the past he would have have collapsed after the INT. Also the Oline dominated the KC D today, if you've watched more than one Raiders game this year, you'd know they have been playing well the first quarter of the season. Either you came in here to stir the pot (which is probably the case) or you only watch Chiefs games and haven't paid attention to your rivals in the AFC West until now. We're building something here. It isn't perfect, and it's not ready for primetime yet, but we're coming. This was a warning shot, KC won't be handed the division on a silver platter any longer.

Correct....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that assessment....you guys did do some really good things but if if the Chiefs D keeps playing like that...that may not win another game....which is true....that’s just an assessment of both teams after this game...if you want to rub one out on the Raiders and act like it’s all puppies and rainbows and this was some statement game....go for it....but Chiefs defense sucked today..... 
You are going to have to take this loss.

Wow...I wish the sensitive sallies would go back and really read my first post after the game....gave mad props about what you did and how I Ike the culture and things your team is showing....its also ok to point out the other team (KC) really played bad on one side of the ball .....which is true if you ask any of them....or watched the game....Raiders offense played well....but .KC D was not good today....believe it or not ....it is possible for both to be true.....

Wow...I wish the sensitive sallies would go back and really read my first post after the game....gave mad props about what you did and how I Ike the culture and things your team is showing....its also ok to point out the other team (KC) really played bad on one side of the ball .....which is true if you ask any of them....or watched the game....Raiders offense played well....but .KC D was not good today....believe it or not ....it is possible for both to be true.....
I saw them get beat. Not just beat on the scoreboard but beat on the field and beat physically. You got beat. Take it and move on with your making slights while trying to play the class act. It is hollow and obvious. 

One Super Bowl win every 50 years is not a dynasty, or anything to brag about... Enjoy the Victory Lap, your 2020 Chiefs proved today they are vulnerable. And the Raiders proved they are a threat. Even the Chargers gave you guys all you can handle. The Chiefs are not the juggernauts they wish they could be. Mahomes is just one of 53 players. Get under his skin, or keep him on the sideline and the rest of the squad can be beat. Not an easy task by any means,  but today it was proven it can be done. Good luck the rest of the season. 

I saw them get beat. Not just beat on the scoreboard but beat on the field and beat physically. You got beat. Take it and move on with your making slights while trying to play the class act. It is hollow and obvious. 
:lmao: ......I pimped one team and said the other played really bad....but its like you won’t be happy if we don’t say the Raiders are the better team.....today they were....

I ate my Gruden/Mayock crow last season. Wasn't crazy with the Ruggs draft but they earned a wait and see approach before complaining too much.

Given our injuries and our opponents offense, all I could tell myself at halftime is that this is a damn well coached team. Yeah the ball bounced our way a few times which helps but that's just variance, goes both ways throughout the season. Gruden continues to put a competitive team on the field regardless of personnel. Love the direction the team and culture are going!

Great win.  Agree with most of the previous posts so I won't rehash stuff from them.

One guy that needs to get some credit that doesn't get mentioned a lot.....

Agholor has been really good this year.  He has caught everything thrown his way and come through seemingly every time he has been called upon.

OK, GB, there's "show me" and "keep showing me more" --  provided plenty of data to show that Carr doesn't deserve the continued skepticism and that he's  better than you are willing to give him credit for.

I personally have zero fear in Ryan and Ben these days, and I think we agree that Watson is a nightmare in general but that's different than your original focus of QBs who will win the game with 1 min on the clock. Dak I'd debate as well -- he's thrown tons of TDs in the 4th Q, but the is responsible for losing games in the 4th Q as much as he can elevate in one-score games. We're still not talking about dozens of QBs so clearly better than Carr.

It's a fact of life that some people aren't ever going to see your way, so be it. I'm at the "It doesn't matter, Josh" stage.

What matters most if if Carr and this team can keep this going.

Let's see.

Go Raiders.
 You asked what I wanted to see - this is it.  This, right here.  Gimmie more of this.  Vintage Derek Carr that can walk into Arrowhead against a defending Super Bowl champion and shove one down their throats.  I don't even care if he had some bad moments - they all do.  I don't care if the KC defense stunk - plenty of bad QB's can't take advantage of that.  I don't care about his stats or completion % or anything else.  I care that he went into enemy territory and took a game straight away from Patrick Mahomes.  We haven't seen that Derek Carr much since 2016.  Good news/bad news is I was out golfing and didn't catch one minute of the game.  I tried to get the gist of the flow from the game thread and it looked like he might have started out rough but about the middle of the first page I was like "I don't even care".   We got a win, that's the only gist I need.  I am looking for the NFL Network replay of this game to DVR and if not I will get Gamepass just to watch it. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783095-official-2020-las-vegas-raiders-thread/?do=findComment&comment=23010593

KC D was just no show today....
ton of huge plays given up in the passing game....
crucial no stops
felt like Raiders got the good/great side of the whistles/flags today
....some HUGE flags in their favor today....and it wasn't close....

felt like KC was feeling themselves a little a and just went through the motions and got caught...
KC D was so bad I just can't give Carr the credit he may deserve.....
most college QB's could have made the throws he made on the big plays..
.the D was that bad....
Jacobs is an absolute beast....
Chiefs made Carr look like an all pro today, but it might be an outlier....

Yeah, big ? there.

I ate my Gruden/Mayock crow last season. Wasn't crazy with the Ruggs draft but they earned a wait and see approach before complaining too much.

Given our injuries and our opponents offense, all I could tell myself at halftime is that this is a damn well coached team. Yeah the ball bounced our way a few times which helps but that's just variance, goes both ways throughout the season. Gruden continues to put a competitive team on the field regardless of personnel. Love the direction the team and culture are going!
One thing I continue to love under Gruden is the obvious locker room being exactly what you want. You can see players excited for other players not just a good play. Gruden and then Mayock have been very intentional on the players they want. It has been mocked but you can SEE it in the games and are seeimg it on the scoreboard too.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783095-official-2020-las-vegas-raiders-thread/?do=findComment&comment=23010593

crucial no stops

felt like KC was feeling themselves a little a and just went through the motions and got caught...
.the D was that bad....

Yeah, big ? there.
Seriously... I mean... ? I was being so magnanimous and classy giving props! You dang Raider fans are horrible. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown was mauling people in the run game. He is a big factor in the offense. 
Brown is HUGE (both physically and how we can take a very good Oline and turn into arguably the best in the NFL). I remember some laughing about signing him. I remember some laughing that we moved him to RT for that money. When he is playing (too many missed games) he is worth every dang penny. 

Having him and Ruggs back really takes the offense into the upper tier of NFL offenses. Top 5? 

Terrific win for the Beloved Silver and Black.  

FINALLY,  Derek pushed the ball down the field!!   Ruggs can be a weapon;   let's use him for God's Sake.  

I wondered why people were down on Ruggs when we drafted him after reading and watching tape.

Elite speed. Insane hops. Huge hands. 

Ok. I get it....physical traits aren't enough. It has to show up on the field.

3 drops in college. It was common to see Cooper drop 3 in 1 drive (ok maybe a game).

24 TDs in 98 receptions. Big Plays.

All done playing in a big time college conference. I get the allure of a route god, but watching Tyreek destroy our defense I realized the gravity of speed. Last year we couldn't score TDs, because we couldn't get chunk plays. Now we can and it makes everything easier. He's a stud and the true key to our offense. 

I know Carr supporters like to point to this game that Carr is a franchise QB, but to me this proves my point that he NEEDS everything thing to be PERFECT to perform. He needed his stud WR and he needs a killer Oline to make plays. Sure every QB would be better with those things, but Carr needs everything fined tuned in order to have a chance to win. He's good for now, but I'd be open to upgrade.

Great win. Gave the Raiders no chance because of how terrible our defense has been. Pleasant surprise. However, it's easy to play up to face the defending champs....a lot harder to do that week to week. However as long as Ruggs is on the field our offense can compete with anyone. 

crucial no stops

.the D was that bad....

Yeah, big ? there.
I guess we have different definitions of blame and excuses.....to me those comments I made were not blame or excuses....(but I guess they can be taken that way)....Chiefs D was a no show, they were terrible....that is not an excuse its more of a comment/fact....they were terrible, which led to big plays, guys running around not just open, but wide open, crucial no stops, etc.....they did not play the way they have been...they would have made anybody look really good the way they played....I am actually slamming on my team and their effort with those comments (full of themselves, etc)...calling Jacobs a beast is a compliment so not sure why that is included....dude is a beast, I love the way he plays...now I get the spin that by saying those things I may somehow be taking away from the effort and execution by the Raiders....I am not.....they played really well and put KC in those positions to look really bad by how good they were playing/executing....as I sit here I am actually trying to think of an "excuse" just for fun and I really can't think of anything....Chiefs got outplayed and dominated in almost every facet of the game in addition to playing really bad on defense which helped make the raiders look even better than they were already playing...and their ability to put pressure on Mahomes on almost every play was impressive....now with that said, I don't feel like this was necessarily some statement or changing of the guard or something in the big picture....that is yet to be seen....but it was a very impressive victory (especially with the injuries they had)....best of luck the rest of they way

I wondered why people were down on Ruggs when we drafted him after reading and watching tape.

Elite speed. Insane hops. Huge hands. 

Ok. I get it....physical traits aren't enough. It has to show up on the field.

3 drops in college. It was common to see Cooper drop 3 in 1 drive (ok maybe a game).

24 TDs in 98 receptions. Big Plays.

All done playing in a big time college conference. I get the allure of a route god, but watching Tyreek destroy our defense I realized the gravity of speed. Last year we couldn't score TDs, because we couldn't get chunk plays. Now we can and it makes everything easier. He's a stud and the true key to our offense. 

I know Carr supporters like to point to this game that Carr is a franchise QB, but to me this proves my point that he NEEDS everything thing to be PERFECT to perform. He needed his stud WR and he needs a killer Oline to make plays. Sure every QB would be better with those things, but Carr needs everything fined tuned in order to have a chance to win. He's good for now, but I'd be open to upgrade.

Great win. Gave the Raiders no chance because of how terrible our defense has been. Pleasant surprise. However, it's easy to play up to face the defending champs....a lot harder to do that week to week. However as long as Ruggs is on the field our offense can compete with anyone. 
I've always been a Carr supporter, but also understand who he is and what he provides for the team. He's not elite physically like Rodgers, Mahomes Jackson etc, but he can perform at an elite level with a good/great Oline and talent around him. When he trusts his Oline and can stand in the pocket with confidence, he can drop dimes like no other. That's DC in a nutshell IMO...

How much of our Oline was healthy today 
Incognito was out. I think that was it/

Exactly.  People keep calling him a speedster but the dude has killer hands. 

Great hands. But that speed -- most of those those throws Ruggs was well more than two steps ahead of his defender and had to slow down to come back to the ball. He caught one of those balls in stride and immediately kicked it into a higher gear. Sick, sick, speed. Man is this kid going to help us explode down the line.

probably the biggest KC fan on the board.....so had to come in and give props....weird game....raiders definitely better than they have been in the past....props to that (especially with the injuries)....KC D was just no show today....ton of huge plays given up in the passing game....crucial no stops that don't seem like a big deal at the time but add up...felt like Raiders got the good/great side of the whistles/flags today which should make most here happy and should hopefully be the curb stomp to all the whining about the "raiders always get screwed" noise in here....some HUGE flags in their favor today....and it wasn't close....

not sure Mahomes ever just "dropped back and passed"....felt like he had to move quickly after dropping back and thus they were never on script....lots of out of pocket improv, so props for getting pressure with limited extra effort/blitzing....felt like KC was feeling themselves a little a and just went through the motions and got caught...KC D was so bad I just can't give Carr the credit he may deserve.....most college QB's could have made the throws he made on the big plays...the D was that bad....Jacobs is an absolute beast....I really liked how the Raider "star" players came and reacted to some of the Raider role players efforts on the sideline....seems like there may be some good stuff going on there....I don't even know the names of the guys that made some nice plays but Ruggs and others were over there quick to give their teammates some love....I think that stuff is important and underrated....feels like you have a good locker room working.....Chiefs made Carr look like an all pro today, but it might be an outlier....Raiders caught the Chiefs out of synch today and took advantage of the opportunity....not many mistakes and some big plays....nice win
:violin: :ptts: 🤡

Love it when someone weighs in with backhanded compliments and pretends their team didn't simply get punched hard in the mouth, teared up, and couldn't respond -- that instead, the Chiefs lost because the didn't show up or had an off day.

Chiefs led by 11 in this game -- twice. This game nearly got out of hand for the Raiders early -- until they pulled together as a team and did something about it. At that point. both the KC offense and the defense simply couldn't contain us. Your team got dominated on both sides of the ball and didn't have the sand and stones to rise to the occasion -- like Carr did in the second quarter.

You come into a thread expecting to be patted on the back for barely veiled insults you think you are posing as compliments, then whine that others don't appreciate your magnanimous gesture for what it really is -- a limp ploy to stir it up.

Enjoy the loss, and think hard about what your team needs to do to contain us on 11/22 when we play in the Plunder Dome.

FWIW, Matt Bitonti, who over the years here I have really come to respect as one of the better analysts in terms of insight on O lines -- on FBG and in general -- ranks the Raiders Oline as #1 this week.

Believe we were hovering around top 10 all year. 

When is the first week Incognito can come back?

FWIW, Matt Bitonti, who over the years here I have really come to respect as one of the better analysts in terms of insight on O lines -- on FBG and in general -- ranks the Raiders Oline as #1 this week.

Believe we were hovering around top 10 all year. 

When is the first week Incognito can come back?
I believe this years rules is 3 weeks, so with the bye I think he is eligible for the next game if healthy.  

While we are all patting the Raiders on the back right now, I think one guy really needs his props.

Kolton Miller. This dude was so maligned his rookie season, not only where he was drafted, through no fault of his own, but how he played. He probably shouldn't have even been out there his rookie season, but he was all they had. He took his lumps (so did DC) week after week and each year he slowly got better. Case in point, his rookie year he got absolutely demolished by Frank Clark when he was in Seattle. Probably one of the worst games I've ever watched. Yesterday... Frank Clark's name was barely mentioned in the telecast. Great job Kolton! We see you...

I believe this years rules is 3 weeks, so with the bye I think he is eligible for the next game if healthy.  
Good to know -- haven't heard where he is with his injury and how it's coming along. An Achilles injury isn't ideal for a guy his size/age/position. Hope he's mending fast -- as unbelievable as it sounds to my own ears given my feelings when we first signed him, the guy brings an incredible level-headedness and coolness to the position and seems to be a cohesive leader on this unit. And he still plays with some nastiness that you need to have on the o-line. 

Can't wait to be fully healthy up front.

Good to know -- haven't heard where he is with his injury and how it's coming along. An Achilles injury isn't ideal for a guy his size/age/position. Hope he's mending fast -- as unbelievable as it sounds to my own ears given my feelings when we first signed him, the guy brings an incredible level-headedness and coolness to the position and seems to be a cohesive leader on this unit. And he still plays with some nastiness that you need to have on the o-line. 

I like what Richie has done, but I'm comfortable with Good in there now. He had a bad holding penalty yesterday but he looks to be the future of the position. 

While we are all patting the Raiders on the back right now, I think one guy really needs his props.

Kolton Miller. This dude was so maligned his rookie season, not only where he was drafted, through no fault of his own, but how he played. He probably shouldn't have even been out there his rookie season, but he was all they had. He took his lumps (so did DC) week after week and each year he slowly got better. Case in point, his rookie year he got absolutely demolished by Frank Clark when he was in Seattle. Probably one of the worst games I've ever watched. Yesterday... Frank Clark's name was barely mentioned in the telecast. Great job Kolton! We see you...
Yup, another guy that was an example of the same ole' Raiders sucking. Now... this one, I can't say I called. When they drafted him, I really was uneasy about it. I did my digging and research like I do after each draft and still came away uneasy about him at best. 

His rookie year was not great by any stretch but there was improvement as the season wore on (at least I remember seeing improvement). He has pretty steadily improved. 

He has been SOLID. I don't think he has given up a sack. I think only a couple of pressures. He is locking that blind side down.  

I am happy to see that it looks like he has got his mental issues taken care of or at least being treated. Good for him and good for us because he is an asset. Good has been playing good (yea, had to) and has really shown flexibility (playing RT and LG at times). With Incognito getting long in the tooth, it looks like we have a solid transition for the future. 

I like what Richie has done, but I'm comfortable with Good in there now. He had a bad holding penalty yesterday but he looks to be the future of the position. 
I like what Goode has done as well -- super solid in rotation and in starting behind Incognito.

As far as the future, Goode is 29 so no spring chicken.

If anyone I hope Simpson is the future, and hope he's developing well. we need to look in our next draft to continue to shore up both lines. Simpson, Parker, and Andre James are the guys under 25 who I hope we see become the next Incognito/Jackson/Hudson but we should continue to find young road graders in the next draft.

I like what Goode has done as well -- super solid in rotation and in starting behind Incognito.

If anyone I hope Simpson is the future, and hope he's developing well. we need to look in our next draft to continue to shore up both lines. Simpson, Parker, and Andre James are the guys under 25 who I hope we see become the next Incognito/Jackson/Hudson but we should continue to find young road graders in the next draft.
I did not realize he was that old. But yeah, Simpson seems to be the future as well. I like them both.

Damn, no clue he was 29. I thought he was more around 25. 

Good analysis by Baldy here:

https://twitter.com/gbsmaxx/status/1315517510872035330

Didn't catch that the Raiders moved to 3-man rush front using Key as a spy, which was a great defensive adjustment by Guenther as:

1. It helped contain Mahomes a little more in the second half
  2. It took advantage of the great games Salt n Pepper were having -- both were being doubled at times allowing the other to get in Mahomes face -- their effectiveness helped us drop Key into a spy position and limit Mahomes' exit routes from the pocket.

It might still be 3 games.  The "normal" IR rules were explicitly changed from "8 weeks" to "8 games" earlier in the year:

https://operations.nfl.com/media/4294/approved-2020-playing-rules-and-bylaws.pdf

A player is ineligible to practice until six weeks have elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve, and is not eligible to return to the Active/Inactive List until eight weeksgameshave elapsed since the date he was placed on Reserve. (A regular season bye week does not count as a game. Conversely, a postseason bye week countsas a game.)

I believe they will extend this concept to the temporary rules this year and not allow teams to exploit the bye week issue, especially with the juggling of byes as we're seeing now.

The Raiders won this game for two main reasons:

1. Their lines on both sides of the ball just dominated the Chiefs yesterday. Plain and simple. This game was won and lost in the trenches, and the Raiders out-toughed the Chiefs on both sides.

2. Gruden called a great game plan. When they went down twice he didn't abandon the run. 

That's it. Congrats Raiders fans -  I hope they stay good because this rivalry was always big when I was a kid and I want it to perk back up again. That game should give it a little fire. 

Chiefs got outplayed and dominated in almost every facet of the game in addition to playing really bad on defense which helped make the raiders look even better than they were already playing...and their ability to put pressure on Mahomes on almost every play was impressive....now with that said, I don't feel like this was necessarily some statement or changing of the guard or something in the big picture....that is yet to be seen....
This wasn’t the changing of the guard.   This was the Raiders winning a game against a very good opponent.   The Chiefs are still a great team and Mahomes is still the best QB in the NFL.   The Raiders need to string a bunch of Ws together to become one of the best teams in the league this season.  We know what the Chiefs are capable of doing.  Let’s see the Raiders do it.   

Still love anytime the Raiders can beat my most despised team in the league.   

The Raiders won this game for two main reasons:

1. Their lines on both sides of the ball just dominated the Chiefs yesterday. Plain and simple. This game was won and lost in the trenches, and the Raiders out-toughed the Chiefs on both sides.

2. Gruden called a great game plan. When they went down twice he didn't abandon the run. 

That's it. Congrats Raiders fans -  I hope they stay good because this rivalry was always big when I was a kid and I want it to perk back up again. That game should give it a little fire. 
Some key injuries to the KC O-line coming into the game definitely contributed to our newly-found pass rush. Osemele going out in-game was unfortunate. Love that guy and he's an important cog for you guys. Hope he comes back..

I'll have to watch the game tape, but wondered what adjustments KC may have made in the last half of the game. Was pleasantly surprised that our secondary was able to stick on coverage especially against some speedy WRs. Looked like the Raiders bracketed Kelce at times, so not sure if we were simply standing on our heads or KC's offensive approach remained the same and we took advantage of covering known routes/tendencies.

I really don't believe that KC was looking past us to the Bills -- to your point, this is one of the best rivalries in the game and in my mind is the bitterest divisional rivalry given its long storied history.

But KC also plays 3 games in 15 days -- that's going to be crazy. So wonder if they were expecting/hoping for an easy match up (to be fair, it has been easy for them since a 5 year run between 2008-2012 when the historical series was more even) -- and once they put themselves up by 11 twice in the first quarter, perhaps there was the thought they could cruise like they have in other games so far this year (24 unanswered points against HOU in Q2/3 Wk 1; 27-10 at the half against the Ravens; not needing to put up more than 13 through 3 quarters to beat the Pats).

When Carr came back with 3 TDs in the second, that put them back on their heels. Mahomes can gunsling with the best of them, but the team may not be used to being on its heels and not being able to rise to it (like they did in the LAC game earlier this year).

Who knows. Looking forward to the rematch for sure, and I know Mahomes and Reid are too. Gonna be a dogfight.

I'll have to watch the game tape, but wondered what adjustments KC may have made in the last half of the game.
Not really sure - to be honest it looked to me like Reid didn't really change much at all. Just at some point the Chiefs are going to score because they have too much talent not to.

If anything, this game and a few others (Chargers and Pats) shows that Reid gets a little stubborn in his play calling. All three of those games each defense played a similar rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage. 

And those 4 rushing were always getting pressure. How do you combat that? Throw some three step drops with quick slants or patterns. Throw some screens. Basically things that Reid hasn't been doing. He sends a lot of guys into medium or deep routes that require a deeper drop for Mahomes.

Reid has not adjusted well, but those three defenses have executed extremely well. And the Chiefs will continue to see that until we adjust.

I tend to agree with your position on Carr. That said, being down 14-3 then 21-10 does not fall under “everything being perfect.” Give the dude credit. He exercised some demons yesterday. 

Users who are viewing this thread