Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹

Hankmoody

19 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

The whole freaking o line was sent home along with Abram because of the proximity stuff. 

If we are playing without our entire line and Abram we are screwed. 

So.... what does the NFL do now that bye weeks have been eaten into? Extend the season and reschedule? 

Anything new on this?   I really haven’t heard as much as I thought I would.  This could be a big deal to the NFL, the Raiders, and FF.   Maybe this is just going to blow over after some negative tests.  

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/bucsraiders-game-moved-from-prime-time-after-covid19-test

Can someone tell me how moving the Raiders/Bucs game earlier on Sunday makes any sense whatsoever?

The Raiders O-line hasn't been able to practice because of COVID restrictions, so to make up for it, they move the game...earlier that same day!?!?

Also, this game was already in Prime Time, why not move the SEA/ARI game to that earlier spot?

This Raider/Bucs game makes so much more sense in prime time -- a resurgent team in a new city in a gleaming stadium all lit up for SNF against America's Darling Tom Brady in the Tuck Rule revenge bowl. Compare that to, what, teams with just regional appeal and a tired lame catchphrase of Russ Cooks?

Someone please explain all this to me.

3 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/bucsraiders-game-moved-from-prime-time-after-covid19-test

Can someone tell me how moving the Raiders/Bucs game earlier on Sunday makes any sense whatsoever?

The Raiders O-line hasn't been able to practice because of COVID restrictions, so to make up for it, they move the game...earlier that same day!?!?

Also, this game was already in Prime Time, why not move the SEA/ARI game to that earlier spot?

This Raider/Bucs game makes so much more sense in prime time -- a resurgent team in a new city in a gleaming stadium all lit up for SNF against America's Darling Tom Brady in the Tuck Rule revenge bowl. Compare that to, what, teams with just regional appeal and a tired lame catchphrase of Russ Cooks?

Someone please explain all this to me.

Guessing they think it might be cancelled and want a "safer" game for their prime time slot.

• Like 1

I get they want a Sunday night game...but why move the Raider game earlier instead of later on Mon or Tuesday like they've done for other teams where it was up in the air?

This kind of screws the Raiders even more and doesn't make any logical sense.

14 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I get they want a Sunday night game...but why move the Raider game earlier instead of later on Mon or Tuesday like they've done for other teams where it was up in the air?

option A is to probably try and keep game on same day it was scheduled and not to use MON or TUE unless they feel they really need to....avoid short weeks on the other side if you can....travel arrangements basically the same for TB, TV coverage issues, etc....each circumstance is probably a little different.....I am thinking they would have preferred option A even in the instances where they have moved them to MON or TUE in the past....

9 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

The Las Vegas Raiders have placed four starting offensive linemen and safety Johnathan Abram on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Thursday.

I have a feeling with this news that the NFL will move the game up to Saturday :kicksrock:

• Laughing 3

37 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

The Las Vegas Raiders have placed four starting offensive linemen and safety Johnathan Abram on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Thursday.

I believe only Trent Brown is the only one who has a confirmed case - the rest are on the list as mandatory precautionary measures.

Believe -- please correct me if I'm wrong -- that if all who were in contact with Brown continue to test negatively through Sunday AM, they can be cleared to play that day.

Want to separate two issues:

1) The NFL wanting to ensure it has a Sunday night game. 

2) The NFL moving games because of COVID-related impact

Totally get 1, unsurprising to have a team that's been impacted by COVID moved to a different spot if they think that impact will be more widespread and impact the playability of that game.

But if they were worried that the game would not be played at all because of COVID -- why move it earlier?

Every game -- every. single. game -- where a team has been impacted by COVID, has been moved later.

WK 4: PIT@TEN and NE@KC moved from 10/4 to 10/5. 

WK 5: BUF@TEN moved form 10/11 to 10/13

WK 6: KC@BUF moved from 10/15 to 10/19; DEN@NE moved from 10/11 to 10/12, then to 10/18

Yet the Raiders game moved up in time.

Maybe there is something really obvious I am missing. But this still makes zero sense to me.

9 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Even if all players are cleared to play, this game is not going to be pretty for the Raiders.  The O will be playing a game without practicing all week.   

I have read conflicting things as to if the Raiders players will be eligible on Sunday or Monday morning if they continue to test negative.  The one consistent thing seems to be that the game is on for Sunday regardless and the that the league is intent on screwing the Raiders......again.

Can't imagine they let this thing go on if they entire offensive line can't play.  Isn't that why they're moving it in the first place?  To ensure a game on SNF.

Now, if these guys blatantly violated NFL rules then I can see Goodell shrugging the shoulders and saying "play on" as some kind of sick punishment out of spite.  As a Bucs' fan I'd be fine with it, but I don't think it's a good look for the league in the essence of competitive balance.

1 hour ago, ICON211 said:

I have read conflicting things as to if the Raiders players will be eligible on Sunday or Monday morning if they continue to test negative.  The one consistent thing seems to be that the game is on for Sunday regardless and the that the league is intent on screwing the Raiders......again.

I thought the Raiders are required to dress 8 OL.   What happens if they only have 6 available.   They can’t sign players today to play on Sun or Mon.  

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Can't imagine they let this thing go on if they entire offensive line can't play.  Isn't that why they're moving it in the first place?  To ensure a game on SNF.

Now, if these guys blatantly violated NFL rules then I can see Goodell shrugging the shoulders and saying "play on" as some kind of sick punishment out of spite.  As a Bucs' fan I'd be fine with it, but I don't think it's a good look for the league in the essence of competitive balance.

Think there is video of the lineman together not wearing masks and concern that Brown violated protocol by dodging a GPS system designed to track these guys to make sure they didn't violate protocol. 

20 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

2 hours ago, LawFitz said:

Utter BS if this game isn't moved to Mon, Tues or beyond. 

I have no idea why they didn't move it later either.  Maybe, and I'm just guessing here, it's a network thing?  2 West coast games Monday would mean same time slot so maybe the original monday night network would be pissed by losing out to people wanting to watch the better LV/TB game?  I'm not sure the reasoning but if I were to guess, it somehow comes down to a money thing.

Just now, Deamon said:

I have no idea why they didn't move it later either.  Maybe, and I'm just guessing here, it's a network thing?  2 West coast games Monday would mean same time slot so maybe the original monday night network would be pissed by losing out to people wanting to watch the better LV/TB game?  I'm not sure the reasoning but if I were to guess, it somehow comes down to a money thing.

Seems to me the league is making an example of the Raiders.  EVERY other covid situation the game was moved later.  Hell, the Pats/Broncos game was moved a week later.  Just saw that the league believes that the game should be played on Sunday at 4 even if the entire Raiders starting O line is ineligible.

5 hours ago, ICON211 said:

I'm going with this....

7 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Even if all players are cleared to play, this game is not going to be pretty for the Raiders.  The O will be playing a game without practicing all week.   

Nearly 2 weeks -- teams don't typically have a lot of planned practice during a bye week. Many watch film, maybe there is positional group get-togethers etc. but most teams allow players to take this as a bit of vacation off.

6 hours ago, ICON211 said:

The one consistent thing seems to be that the game is on for Sunday regardless and the that the league is intent on screwing the Raiders......again.

5 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

4 hours ago, LawFitz said:

Utter BS if this game isn't moved to Mon, Tues or beyond. 

I agree, but I was told not to dwell on it. 

1 hour ago, Chadstroma said:

I heard a report on NFL Network that they expect our Oline (including Brown?) to play. 

Abram and Arnette still on COVID reserve. 

Crossing fingers that the other 4 OLs can come back. Losing Brown sucks as he's literally and figuratively a huge part of our offense and we are better with him than without. I just can't shake the feeling his heart isn't with us -- his brain certainly isn't if he was violating distancing and tracking protocol. Seems like we paid this guy to be the riches OLer and he took that opportunity to skate. 

Abram is another story -- don't question his heart or mind but it would be great if he can stay in a great string of consecutive games. Has a lot to learn and a lot to contribute. Seems like we're always missing him.

I'm not the only one dwelling on it. 

https://theathletic.com/2157727/2020/10/23/raiders-nfl-covid-19-violations/#:~:text=Tafur%3A NFL could be singling,for several COVID-19 violations&text=That's in case the game,-Bucs for Seahawks-Cardinals.

The most important piece of news to come out Friday was that Raiders right tackle Trent Brown is feeling better. A 380-pound man testing positive for COVID-19 is, in some corners, somehow less important than the possible rescheduling of a football game, all of the NFL’s new protocols and if Brown is to blame for the uncertain status of five other players. 

“The good news is that when I have talked to Trent, he is feeling better and hopefully we get him back here soon,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said after Friday’s practice. “He’s a big part of this team.”

The Raiders are set to play the Buccaneers on Sunday afternoon at Allegiant Stadium after they were moved out of the Sunday night national TV slot. That’s in case the game has to be pushed back if the Raiders have another positive test in the next two days. The NFL wanted to ensure there was a game in the prime-time slot and swapped Raiders-Bucs for Seahawks-Cardinals. 

“We’re going to play Sunday at 1 o’clock, they tell me, and we’ll be ready to go,” Gruden said.

The NFL, which on Friday declined comment on the issue beyond Thursday’s announcement changing the time of the game, has not wanted to give the Raiders more time, even after it has bent over backward in other similar situations. (More on that in a bit.) It’s especially weird since the league is using the Raiders as a test case for a new protocol. 

Brown tested positive on Tuesday and was placed on the COVID-19/reserve list, while five teammates he was in close contact with — the rest of the starting offensive line and safety Johnathan Abram — were ordered to isolate for five days as high-risk cases. That is a new league policy, as the league has tightened things up after other games were pushed back due to outbreaks. 

Linemen Rodney Hudson, Gabe Jackson, Kolton Miller and Denzelle Good have tested negative every day since and can play on Sunday if that trend continues. Abram, on the other hand, had contact with Brown on Tuesday, so his five-day clock started a day later and he will not play against the Bucs. 

While the teams do have an expanded 16-man practice squad this season, they can’t add new players immediately — when say, their entire offensive line gets wiped out — because there is a five-day testing protocol to get new players into team facilities. 

In deciding that the Raiders’ situation is not dire enough to push the game back to Monday or Tuesday — like it has for other teams — the league has apparently decided to view Brown and cornerback Damon Arnette’s cases as different. Arnette tested positive on Sunday and was placed on the COVID-19 reserve list on Monday. (He was already on the injured list with a broken thumb.)

No team in the NFL has had two players test positive for COVID-19 in the same game week and played the game on the scheduled day without a push back. 

But it seems the NFL wants to single out the Raiders for a series of protocol transgressions this season. 

There was Gruden getting fined $100,000 and the team $250,000 after Week 2 for not wearing masks properly on the sideline. There was the Raiders being fined $50,000 that same week for allowing a non-credentialed team employee into the locker room at Allegiant Stadium after the game. And there was tight end Darren Waller being fined $30,000 and nine teammates $15,000 each for not wearing masks at Waller’s charity event late last month. The total of those combined fines: $565,000.

The Raiders are appealing all but the $50,000 fine, I am told. 

And now, the NFL Network and USA Today are reporting that Brown had removed his electronic contact tracing device that players and staff members are required to wear, and that at Monday’s practice, he and the other linemen were not wearing masks or adhering to social distancing on the sidelines. 

“It is this kind of non-compliance that puts the season in jeopardy,” a league official told USA Today. 

The review by the NFL and NFL Players Association is still underway, and there are whispers of fines and possibly more severe punishment. As if playing the Bucs’ tough defense with either four offensive linemen who haven’t practiced or five bench guys isn’t punishment enough. 

It’s a weird and inconsistent move by the league, after the Titans disregarded league instructions, had off-site team workouts in the early stages of a breakout and saw 24 players and staff members test positive for COVID-19. Their game was pushed back and the team has not been disciplined, with commissioner Roger Goodell calling it “a teaching moment.” 

Raiders quarterback Derek Carr might not be looking forward to his painful “teaching moment” on Sunday. 

Gruden again maintained Friday that he is proud of the way his team has handled the pandemic. He himself contracted COVID-19 in July and had “Crush the Virus” shirts printed out for all players and team employees at training camp. 

“I’m really proud of our team, our coaches and our trainers have done a great job,” Gruden said. “There are protocols that are updated during this process and safety is paramount. Everybody’s safety is paramount and I’m proud of the NFL, proud to be in this league right now playing during this pandemic. 

“So we’re going to have to do what we have to do to make sure we keep our players safe, and that’s what we’re doing. But I do believe there’s a good chance those men will be back soon.”

Now, I am not defending the Raiders here. Having Brown and four linemen on the sideline at practice without masks after Arnette’s positive test is indefensible. The Raiders have a lot of people employed to deal with this pandemic; maybe one of them is about to be replaced after this week. The same with Brown’s tracker. He shouldn’t have taken it off, but the league and team have spent a lot of money to flag people the second they see protocols aren’t being followed.

The matchup between a good Raiders offense and good Bucs defense has been overshadowed. When it was set up in prime time, Carr had a chance to show 17 million national television viewers that the Raiders made the right choice in keeping him and not pursuing the guy on the other team, Tom Brady. That’s gone, and now he might be under constant pressure. 

It’s life during a pandemic. Football players signed up for it, though maybe not the fashion in which the Raiders were served up a slice this week. 

“It’s crazy and misfortunate, but at the end of the day, we all knew there were going to be some ups and some downs,” defensive end Clelin Ferrell said Thursday. “That we were going to have to deal with a bit of B.S. But we trust in the guys that we got, whether we have those five guys or not. We’re going to be ready regardless.”

• Hankmoody changed the title to Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Raiders: Yay we got a prime time game NFL: hold my beer
20 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

So the NFL has confirmed that they have a bias against the Raiders. I mean, we always knew it, but is this the first time they actually said, “The Raiders? Yeah, #### those guys!”

Will be interesting to see how teams are treated moving forward.   If the next team that has Covid issues has their game pushed back, it will be difficult for anyone to defend the NFLs actions this week.  

49 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

So the NFL has confirmed that they have a bias against the Raiders. I mean, we always knew it, but is this the first time they actually said, “The Raiders? Yeah, #### those guys!”

Honest question:

Why would the NFL, in 2020, want to screw the Raiders? Las Vegas is part of their monopoly.

3 hours ago, ICON211 said:

Raiders O line cleared to play tomorrow, but from everything I have read they are making Abram sit.

They have to. Abram's contact with Brown was a day later than the O-line, so he needs to spend a day longer on the list. Thankfully he seems negative as well, but sucks not having him in this game.

Will definitely be watching David Irving, who is active and should see the field. Would be awesome if he had a resurgence like Aldon Smith this year. Guy had such a high motor a few years ago when he played. 

I don't think we can be confident we'll win this weekend, but with our Oline mostly back, at least it won't be as bad as it could have been.

Still an uphill battle, but to have a shot, here are  STC's keys to the game:

1. Get Booker and Richard involved. Jacobs is my boy and has faced stout run Ds this year already -- I own him and will be trotting him out, but this does not project to be a high scoring game for him. Not only are TBs D line incredibly strong, so are their LBs in terms of stopping the run. We should get Booker and Richard involved more in screens, bubbles, and short dumps. With Waller coming off the line this should create some space in the defensive midfield to hit a receiving back for some gains. This also helps stave off some of the pass rush pressure Carr is absolutely going to face. 
  2. WRs need to be stellar. Not just Ruggs in stretching the field, but Agholor getting separation and Renfrow going across the middle out of the slot. We need these guys to get open, fight for balls, and help move the chains. We need to own 3rd down conversions
  3. Get our own pass rush going. Brady is immobile and can be rattled if Salt and Pepper are consistently in his face. We need to unbalance Tommy Boy and force him to throw before he is ready. Arians loves outs and comeback routes and our CBs can jump those routes if Brady is hurried and create turnovers due to pressured throws.
  4. Kwiat and Littleton need to stop the run. Period. RoJo has been super solid, and TB's offense is predicated on establishing the run and the offense has run through Jones so far. We have to be able to bottle him up.
  5. Play clean. I don't think TB had any flags or turnovers last game. That needs to be us. We can't beat ourselves in crucial spots by taking penalties. 

18 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

They have to. Abram's contact with Brown was a day later than the O-line, so he needs to spend a day longer on the list. Thankfully he seems negative as well, but sucks not having him in this game.

Will definitely be watching David Irving, who is active and should see the field. Would be awesome if he had a resurgence like Aldon Smith this year. Guy had such a high motor a few years ago when he played. 

Irving is inactive 

• Hankmoody changed the title to Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread - No receiver to small, old, slow, or hurt to make them look great

That was a tough game.

Brown out again. That really hurts as he is a difference maker at RT. He is both a road grader and locks down the right side. Our offense is in a higher gear when he is playing. 

Then our offensive line basically had been sitting all week. That doesn't help to prep. 

Then we lost Young to injury (doesn't look too bad so he should be backing Brown up again next week). Then Jackson was ejected.... for what? They said after replay but TV couldn't find anything. 

That being said, the line held up decently well against their pass rush even after so that was good. They just couldn't get much push to open that run game at all. I suspect that would habe been different with Brown in. 

Abram out doesn't help us at all. Even so, the defense was holding up well against a TB offense that is starting to figure things out and get Gronk in football shape. Geez, that is going to be a scary offense if Antonio "head case" Brown manages to play at anywhere close to what he was pre-going crazy after Pittsburgh. I mean Brady throwing (who was on target and throwing all the passes you need to) with a wide receiver corps featuring Evans, Godwin, Brown and Miller who is playing well then Gronk and an under rated Brate. Yikes. 

With the disruption for COVID against a hard TB I didn't have a lot of optimism for this game but we were in there until that late INT. 

Agholar went from killing it to having a streak of "that's why he isn't in Philly anymore" plays. It was pretty much the point where I thought "wow, maybe Agholar will really fulfill his potential and Edwards will be a luxury when he gets back". 

Is it just me or does Parker need some coaching on how to line up? Wasn't it him that got flagged for both illegal formation calls? 

Damn... White is FAST. 95% of all NFL linebackers other than him and Carr would have picked up that first before getting blown up by that missile. I held my breath for a bit after that hit. Though there was no injury, looked liked Carr felt it for sure. 

Overall, 3-3 sucks but I feel we are a better team than that. I think all three losses were winnable if not for some players out and some bad breaks in game and COVID BS this week. We beat one legit SB contender and got beat by another this week. We are not out classed though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joey said:

Rats. 
Much closer than the final score but, dang,  that stinks. 

It was close into the 3rd quarter but it got way out of hand fast not being able to convert, some costly flags and turning the ball over, and TB simply capitalizing on those mistakes. It went from a tie game being nearly in hand to getting blown out down the stretch. It did not feel like a close game in the 4th Q.

I give this team a lot of credit for battling back against adversity but if you are putting yourself in position to tie late in the game, you have to do it. TB D shut down our run but we were doing the same to them. Had a few key 3 and outs but not when they counted in the second half -- that's still such an Achilles heel of ours -- and we just didn't generate enough pass rush.

Super disappointed as that seemed like a game we could have stayed in until the end. 

@Chadstroma - liked the recap but I give Agholor more credit. He couldn't deliver down the stretch but was a huge reason why we were in the game to begin with, and was generating the spark we needed. He did better than not this game, and hope he continues to step it up. 

Young went out with injury but looked like he was outclassed out there regardless. Brandon Parker has his ups and downs, but suffice it to say we need Brown. Hope he gets his ### in gear -- he owes us his best down the stretch.

We need a credible safety and CB to complete the D. Abram out hurt, but even with him, the guys need help in the secondary as Heath and Harris didn't seem to get over to help as quickly as they should, and sometimes seem to struggle when coverage passes off to them.

Wanted to see some David Irving -- looking forward to see what he has left in the tank, and if he can add a spark to our bull rush up the middle.

Way too optimistic to say, but if we're healthy and playing to potential, I see zero reason we can't win out the majority of our remaining schedule. Any Given Sunday, so you need to respect every team (see Jets game last year) but the Chiefs are the only game in our schedule that is a likely loss in my mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Then we lost Young to injury (doesn't look too bad so he should be backing Brown up again next week). Then Jackson was ejected.... for what? They said after replay but TV couldn't find anything. 

I was hoping the announce team would revisit this, but Schlereth was too busy waxing poetic about Brady the entire game even when the plays were taking place.  Still looking for an explanation for the ejection.

This was a 24-20 game in the fourth, so closer than the final score would indicate.  I'm not going to get too worked up about this loss with all the COVID issues with the offensive line and Abram out.  

I was really talking up Agholor to a friend of mine before this week and during the game yesterday.  He had a rough fourth quarter, but he has been great this year so I'll give him a pass for the fourth quarter plays.

Devin White was a monster.

There is a lot to be optimistic about for the rest of the season for the Raiders.  On to Cleveland.

EDIT - My biggest criticism from yesterday is that Ruggs needs to be a bigger part of the offense.  Simply not enough plays schemed for him and not enough targets.

Edited by ICON211
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ICON211 said:

I was hoping the announce team would revisit this, but Schlereth was too busy waxing poetic about Brady the entire game even when the plays were taking place.  Still looking for an explanation for the ejection.

This was a 24-20 game in the fourth, so closer than the final score would indicate.  I'm not going to get too worked up about this loss with all the COVID issues with the offensive line and Abram out.  

I was really talking up Agholor to a friend of mine before this week and during the game yesterday.  He had a rough fourth quarter, but he has been great this year so I'll give him a pass for the fourth quarter plays.

Devin White was a monster.

There is a lot to be optimistic about for the rest of the season for the Raiders.  On to Cleveland.

EDIT - My biggest criticism from yesterday is that Ruggs needs to be a bigger part of the offense.  Simply not enough plays schemed for him and not enough targets.

:goodposting:

I like Schlereth but the ongoing drooling over Brady's jock was annoying, and the endless features playing up the Schlereth/Amin broadcast duo (that puppet graphic was horrendous) was a waste of time and energy and viewers' brain cells. Good god, just call the game, stop starting at your own navels and remove Brady's member from your mouth.

The fact that it was a one score game into the fourth is what makes it upsetting to me. We need to close those kinds of games, not stall, regardless of our injuries or circumstances.

Agholor has been playing lights out, and Ruggs reall needs to step up as well -- Carr too, on that front -- these guys need to get their chemistry right as Carr is just a little off getting the ball to Ruggs when he has a a step or two on the defender. Once this clicks, kaboom.

12 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

It was close into the 3rd quarter but it got way out of hand fast not being able to convert, some costly flags and turning the ball over, and TB simply capitalizing on those mistakes. It went from a tie game being nearly in hand to getting blown out down the stretch. It did not feel like a close game in the 4th Q.

I give this team a lot of credit for battling back against adversity but if you are putting yourself in position to tie late in the game, you have to do it. TB D shut down our run but we were doing the same to them. Had a few key 3 and outs but not when they counted in the second half -- that's still such an Achilles heel of ours -- and we just didn't generate enough pass rush.

Super disappointed as that seemed like a game we could have stayed in until the end. 

@Chadstroma - liked the recap but I give Agholor more credit. He couldn't deliver down the stretch but was a huge reason why we were in the game to begin with, and was generating the spark we needed. He did better than not this game, and hope he continues to step it up. 

Young went out with injury but looked like he was outclassed out there regardless. Brandon Parker has his ups and downs, but suffice it to say we need Brown. Hope he gets his ### in gear -- he owes us his best down the stretch.

We need a credible safety and CB to complete the D. Abram out hurt, but even with him, the guys need help in the secondary as Heath and Harris didn't seem to get over to help as quickly as they should, and sometimes seem to struggle when coverage passes off to them.

Wanted to see some David Irving -- looking forward to see what he has left in the tank, and if he can add a spark to our bull rush up the middle.

Way too optimistic to say, but if we're healthy and playing to potential, I see zero reason we can't win out the majority of our remaining schedule. Any Given Sunday, so you need to respect every team (see Jets game last year) but the Chiefs are the only game in our schedule that is a likely loss in my mind.

Like I said, I was all about Agholar until that bad stretch of three drops. 

I missed the 1st Q so could have missed Young struggling. 

Heath and Harris are good depth guys but they don't have th athleticism to stand alone as starters and even more so if they are playing together. 

Lawson was playing pretty good. There was a couple of TD's he gave up but he was right there. One Gronk just took it and pretty much no CB in the leagur could havd done anything different. The other was just a great throw. I didn't notice Mullen or Lawson totally getting destroyed or beat. Joyner definitely jad one play that Miller (I think) just ran by him and Joyner just trailed him. 

Irving was inactive. We will see if they activate him this week or not. 

I agree. I think we can beat most teams in the league and give the top SB contender teams a  good game too (as we saw beating KC).

1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

:goodposting:

I like Schlereth but the ongoing drooling over Brady's jock was annoying, and the endless features playing up the Schlereth/Amin broadcast duo (that puppet graphic was horrendous) was a waste of time and energy and viewers' brain cells. Good god, just call the game, stop starting at your own navels and remove Brady's member from your mouth.

The fact that it was a one score game into the fourth is what makes it upsetting to me. We need to close those kinds of games, not stall, regardless of our injuries or circumstances.

Agholor has been playing lights out, and Ruggs reall needs to step up as well -- Carr too, on that front -- these guys need to get their chemistry right as Carr is just a little off getting the ball to Ruggs when he has a a step or two on the defender. Once this clicks, kaboom.

It is annoying when announcers just throw themselves on the floor for players.  It happens every week with Brady, Mahomes and even Russell to some degree.   Those are all great players but I don’t want to hear it when I really just want to hear about the game.  

We have signed LB James Onwualu and DB Kemah Siverand to the practice squad. Also, we have placed WR Robert Davis and DB D.J. White on the practice squad-injured list.

You might remember Kemah as the dude who was cut by the Seahawks for sneaking a woman into the team hotel. 

24 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

We have signed LB James Onwualu and DB Kemah Siverand to the practice squad. Also, we have placed WR Robert Davis and DB D.J. White on the practice squad-injured list.

You might remember Kemah as the dude who was cut by the Seahawks for sneaking a woman into the team hotel. 

I guess that's a nice "forget you" to the league...not sure that's the direction the team should go.

3 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

The dude sneaked a girl into his room... it isn't like he beat or sexually assaulted her. 

I only meant in terms of him breaking Covid-19 protocol by sneaking her in, adding him to the mix in light of our recent issues seems a little odd. 

I read yesterday that the Jets want "more than a second round pick" for Williams. Not sure if that means a 1st or something like a 2nd and 4th.

Looks like we missed out on Dunlap as well-7th round pick and back up OLineman. Hmmm. 

Edited by SDJohnny
Compensation for Trade info updated.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, raidergil said:

But I'm sure the Snake gives a 👍

I hate being that guy, so apologies in advance, but this is a mistake I constantly see. In the well-meaning spirit of Nation unity, reaching out to educate rather than rebuke:

It is just "Snake."

Not "the Snake."

Peace and Love, Silver and Black.

I don't want our next game to start without acknowledging the fact that we faked a punt on 4th down and converted. Such a great unheralded staple of the Gruden playbook -- I think I remembered that help us win the game in London against the Bears last year.

Bet you we run a green right strong slot spider 2 Y banana to Ingold for the TD against the Browns.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, SDJohnny said:

I only meant in terms of him breaking Covid-19 protocol by sneaking her in, adding him to the mix in light of our recent issues seems a little odd. 

I read yesterday that the Jets want "more than a second round pick" for Williams. Not sure if that means a 1st or something like a 2nd and 4th.

Looks like we missed out on Dunlap as well-7th round pick and back up OLineman. Hmmm. 

The asking price for Williams is two 2nds... so.... that's high. 

• Hankmoody changed the title to ☹ Official 2020 Las Vegas Raiders thread ☹