What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prediction Time - No. 6 Vikings vs. No. 3 Saints -7.5 (1 Viewer)

Prediction Time - No. 6 Vikings vs. No. 3 Saints -7.5

• Vikings +7.5

Votes: 29 20.6%
  • Saints -7.5

Votes: 112 79.4%

• Total voters
Vikings are too good to give over a touchdown. I'll take the points.  Minnseota is only DVOA rank order spot behind NO. 

If Cook is somehow ~95%, Minnesota and the points, but not the Win. If Cook is not good to go, the game will look a lot more like the last Green Bay game 

Last edited by a moderator:
In all depends on how Cousins plays. He's been pretty good this year but if he folds in the playoffs, it will get ugly. 

I'd say Minny keeps it close enough.

Saints 36

Vikings 30

The Saints have this thing on their shoulder and it's going to make a big difference. They're also (quietly) going into the playoffs with the mindset of playing 11 on 17 -- get as far ahead as humanly possible and leave it out of the officials' hands in the fourth.

I'm leaning NO in this one just because of how good they are on both sides of the ball.  Combine that with a huge homefield advantage and I think they can win bu double digits.

NO 38-28.

Cousins has been slipping late, Cook and Thielen don’t seem to be 100%, and the Saints are on a roll.  

I don’t think Minnesota has the defense to keep a lid on New Orleans’ passing game.  They will keep it close but Saints pull away in the 4th quarter and cover easily.

Minnesota looks like a typical wild card team - good but not great. Mostly beat the teams they should, a solid 10 win season, just a standard 6 seed.  Saints at 13-3 should have had a bye, and would have in just about any year except this one.  This game shouldn't be close, and the 7.5 pt line reflects that IMO.  Shouldn't shock anyone if the Saints cover, and I think they will.  Double digit win for NO coming

Saints are rolling.  Jared Cook has figured out his role in the offense.  Kamara looks like Kamara.  Michael Thomas is unstoppable. 

Vikings looked god awful vs the Packers, and took week 17 off. 

I like the Saints a good bit here.

Saints at home and cover...Brees on a mission and at home.  Cousins just not that good.  Rattled early and a long day for the Vikes.

Longtime Vikings fan here but I have zero faith we can go into New Orleans and win this game this year.  I don't think our D will be able to stop NO and I don't trust Cousins. If Cook is back 100% it will keep it close.  

I think this game will be closer than people think. The Vikings match up pretty well with New Orleans, as long as they don't fall behind big right away. I think the Vikings can run on the Saints very easily, with or without Dalvin Cook, though with would obviously be better. 

I think the Vikings will shut down the Saints running game, and Jared Cook. Unfortunately, they'll have no answer for Michael Thomas. 

Saints over Vikings 24-23, with the Saints getting a TD late to come back and win. 

In all depends on how Cousins plays. He's been pretty good this year but if he folds in the playoffs, it will get ugly.
It's likely to get ugly. Cousins doesn't always fold in pressure games against good teams, but he usually does.

Saints by 10.

For the gamblers, a great spot to knock the spread down 6 points to -1.5.  But you still need another game to hook it up to. I'm thinking Titans +10.5.

Saints by 14, 35 to 21. Cousins generates questions.  Zimmer on the hot seat after.  Klein with a pic 6 to end a desperation drive before it begins.i

I got my tickets!  I realized my wife had never seen Drew Brees play in person, so we made plans.  I will have to miss a women's basketball broadcast, but the sidekick says he will handle it! We paid $275 per seat, down low but in the end zone.  Wife won't sit up in the rafters! 

MIN is a .500 road team, and Cousins has been much better at home this year.  Of all week 1 games, this one seems like the best chance for a blowout.

I like the Saints a lot and I expect them to win, but 7 1/2 is an awful lot to give up. That said, the Vikings have looked like hot boiled booty On offense The last few games, and momentum is sometimes for real.

I would probably take the Saints on the money line and call it a day.

The Saints have this thing on their shoulder and it's going to make a big difference. They're also (quietly) going into the playoffs with the mindset of playing 11 on 17 -- get as far ahead as humanly possible and leave it out of the officials' hands in the fourth.
I fully expect the Saints to dominate on Sunday.  Too strong all around. But having witnessed the one sided officiating of the Saints-Vikings NFC Championship game in January 2010, please stop with the 11 on 17 nonsense. 

Vikings are too good to give over a touchdown. I'll take the points.  Minnseota is only DVOA rank order spot behind NO. 
That's my thought but if I were to bet on 3 games, this is the one I avoid. 

Honestly, Minnesota could win with a good outing by Cook if their defense holds. But it won't. 

If forced, I'd take the saints and give the points but man that's a lot to give in the playoffs.

That's my thought but if I were to bet on 3 games, this is the one I avoid. 

Honestly, Minnesota could win with a good outing by Cook if their defense holds. But it won't. 

If forced, I'd take the saints and give the points but man that's a lot to give in the playoffs.
Yeah, I think it's fun to kick it and talk and whatever, but I never try and beat Vegas for this reason. Every so often, I'll see a bad line and groan, but for the most part, not betting on sports has been a positive in my life. 

I could see every game going on the money line here, never mind the spread. 

Yeah, I think it's fun to kick it and talk and whatever, but I never try and beat Vegas for this reason. Every so often, I'll see a bad line and groan, but for the most part, not betting on sports has been a positive in my life. 

I could see every game going on the money line here, never mind the spread. 
Yeah. I think I actually switched my vote mid post. :oldunsure:

But having witnessed the one sided officiating of the Saints-Vikings NFC Championship game in January 2010, please stop with the 11 on 17 nonsense. 
Not talking about fans -- I'm talking about the mindset of the team itself. After the NFC title game last season, I don't blame them for (a) aiming to keep all their games out of the reach of a late-game call, and (b) absolutely expecting to pretty much never get bailed out by the refs.

The 2009 NFC title game (Jan 2010) was ten seasons ago ... the current Saints aren't exactly of the mind that they owe football karma any due. Only Brees and punter Thomas Morstead were around back then.

Brees playing well

Saints look like their playing with a chip on their shoulder

New Orleans by 20

Vikings +7.5. I'm a Saints homer. This game feels like Saints-Falcons monday night football. 

Easy win for saints.  Looking forward to the next round when the saints get to play in the great outdoors at The packers.   Drew will need a good pair of long johns.

O48.5 for me. 7 TD's in some way, shape or form seems fairly predictable to me, but what do I know?

Could 'Wong' Saints -7.5  across 7 and 3 down, paired with the Over, or paired with Bills +2.5 or Eagles +2, crossing 3 and 7 as well.

3 play, 6 point teaser 100 pays 165. Might look at some round robin plays involving the over and the 3 sides.

can't see a way in which the home team loses this game. Minnesota isn't very good.Is cook playing? oh wait is he still hurt?again?  

Zimmer sucks in big games. johnny close-to-the-vest will appear once again. Vikes score about 17 pts.Saints win easy, put up over 40 in this.payback for the miracle catch 2 years ago.Paytons revenge game.

saints win big,  only to get punked and pummeled  next week on the road in either SF or GB. 

Vikings play too conservative in big games but don't have the defense to allow that to work anymore.  Thomas will destroy Rhodes and the secondary and it will not be close.  The only way the Vikes have a chance is if the DL can force turnovers by getting to Brees early and often.  That is their only chance.  Gameplan for Vikes also have to go no huddle early and get Cousins out of the pocket and throwing from there.  Throw to set up the run.  Saints will stack the box to sell out against the run. 

This will either be a Saints blow out (90% chance)  or a close win (10% chance) by the Vikings.   I would say Saints in a blow out   45-17

Early forecast for Green Bay on Divisional game day is 23 and snowing, so mild for that time of year.  Practically the same as being inside a dome.  Hopefully it will deteriorate some between now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread