What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prediction Time - No. 6 Titans vs. No. 3 Patriots -4.5 (1 Viewer)

Prediction Time - No. 6 Titans vs. No. 3 Patriots -4.5

• Titans +4.5

Votes: 132 73.7%
  • Patriots -4.5

Votes: 47 26.3%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
No. 6 Titans vs. No. 3 Patriots
Spread: Patriots -4.5
Who do you like at these odds and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats shouldn’t be favored by more than 3 against anyone right now. This feels like a Field Goal game either way.

I’d take the Titans and the points.

Tenn too physical for Pats and i  think they can come into Foxboro and beat Pats even though TB is something like 20-3 at home in postseason. 

Pats offense can't put up more than 21/24 pts and if their D and ST don't bring A game Pats are vunerable

Dr. Octopus said:
Oh man. As a Pats hater I do not like that no one is giving them a chance in this game. 
A thousand times this. It just seems people are declaring them done at a different point in the year.

Give me the points, though, and Tennessee. Pats by four. 

Follow the Dolphin defensive game plan and the Titans should win outright with better personnel. The wildcard is Tannehill, who is not as good under pressure as Fitzpatrick. It took a great game from Fitz and Parker and a pick six to beat the Patriots. 

Gimme the Pats. Embarrassed at home. First time playing in the wild card round in a decade. I don't care if they aren't as good as years past, they will be ready to play Saturday. 

Pats 24

Titans 12

Titans win this one.  The Pats are just not a very good football team this year.  Smoke and mirrors, and father time has finally caught up with Tom Terriffic.  Henry will have a monster game

The Titans are a better team and should win by 7.   Henry is a monster and should wear the NE D down if the game is close.   I don't know much but know enough not to bet against Belicheck.   

I'd reluctantly take the points, but Henry's health is the key in this game.  He's probably over the hamstring injury that held him out of week 16, but he just had 32 carries.  If Henry is in any way limited, I think the Pats can focus their attention on A.J. Brown and get a win at home.  Let's say 21-17.

IF Henry can play his normal allotment of snaps, I think the Titans can squeak by.  24-21 or something similar.

I’m probably gonna lay a small wager on the titans +4.5. Pats have looked like hot garbage for weeks, and losing to Miami at home in an important game was telling. Pats might well win, but I doubt it’s by more than a FG. 

I'd reluctantly take the points, but Henry's health is the key in this game.  He's probably over the hamstring injury that held him out of week 16, but he just had 32 carries.
I mean, he ran 32x for 200+ yards - that’s a pretty good sign he’s over it. 

Dr. Octopus said:
Oh man. As a Pats hater I do not like that no one is giving them a chance in this game. 
I give them a chance, but not a 4.5 point chance.

I'd reluctantly take the points, but Henry's health is the key in this game.  He's probably over the hamstring injury that held him out of week 16, but he just had 32 carries.  If Henry is in any way limited, I think the Pats can focus their attention on A.J. Brown and get a win at home.  Let's say 21-17.

IF Henry can play his normal allotment of snaps, I think the Titans can squeak by.  24-21 or something similar.
I think Henry was held out of that game because it was a meaningless game.  His performanceSunday proved that he is ready to go.  Give me a healthy Dose of Henry running all over NE.  He will be the difference . I  dont think Brady has enough  weapons to counteract that.  

It’s always a mistake to count out the Pats, but this is not a good match-up for them, and their offense is a mess. Defense and ST could easily come up big and get them the win. I think they gut out a 20-17 win somehow. 

Brady Pats have played in 13 AFCCC and only 1 of those was when they played in a wild card game. They’re 3-3 in the playoffs overall the 3 times they didn’t get a bye. 

I suspect the Pats will go all-in on stopping the run (shocking, right?!).

Can Tanehill make the plays?  Cory Davis was big against them in the playoffs a couple seasons back. 

AJ Brown has been a monster of late, but surely they'll put Gilmore on him. 

I'll take the Titans and the points, but won't be surprised if Tom and the boys sneak it out by the width of a deflated football.

Pats are playing pretty bad right now.   No tight end-no receivers(Edelman-hurt) & a running game that is stuck in the mud.  I can see them winning but it will be ugly if they do.  IMO

Tenn & the points all day long.

Follow the Dolphin defensive game plan and the Titans should win outright with better personnel. The wildcard is Tannehill, who is not as good under pressure as Fitzpatrick. It took a great game from Fitz and Parker and a pick six to beat the Patriots. 
Agree with all of this.  It's all going to come down to Tannehill and how he handles the pressure.  The NE Defensive strength is the secondary, so I look for them to try and take out Brown and make Tannehill beat them - if he forces too many to Davis/Sharpe/whoever and isn't careful with the ball then that secondary will feast and NE will roll.   I want to see TN pound Henry at them all day, get creative with Brown and Jonnu and their YAC ability, give them something in space, quick slants, etc.  Safe passes, let them work their magic.  TN can absolutely win this game but I'm not declaring the Pats dead like everyone else seems to be.  I'll take TN and the points in a close one, but Pats win. 

I don't like everyone jumping on the Titans here.  It's still Belichick, Brady and the Pats.  I expect some sort of Pats magic again. I'm not going to bury them until they are actually dead.  Pats 24 Titans 13.

Henry all day long....Pats better days behind them.  Tenn O is clicking right now with Brown, Tannehill and Henry.  Fingers crossed anyway.

We're probably witnessing the end of an era, but these guys are veterans, and we'd be foolish to count them out.  I think the officials dig deep and deliver one last Patriots victory.
The refs will find a way to give 7 points to NE or take away a TD from the Titans but it's not like the Raiders are playing and a NE victory is guaranteed.   

I'd like the Titans a lot more if the Pats weren't just beat down at home by Miami. This feels like a trap game to me. The Titans are as hot as anybody right now(when Henry has been playing) and the Pats have looked rough of late, but this feels like a circle the wagons type of game.

I think New England contains(not shuts down, but contains) Henry, and makes the Titans have to win against their secondary, and I think that doesn't quite happen. I do worry, that while Tannehill has honestly played at an elite level since taking over for Mariota, this defense could force him into some turnovers.

Patriots over Titans 23-21.

My brain tells me the Pats are done.  Experience tells me to not rule them out.  Were I to bet the game I would take the Titans and the points.  I cannot take an ancient Q.B. with no weapons in the cold.  I think he will be desperate, will play desperate, and will subject himself to injury.  I will not be betting this game because the Evil Lord Belichick scares the skippy out of me.

I remember the Ice Bowl.  Those were not your Packers of earlier in the Decade. Long gone were Hornung and Taylor.  Dale and Dowler were on their last legs, so too McGee.  The Packers were old, worn out, clearly past their prime.  All they really had was experience and pride.  Experience and pride were enough.  I will not count out the Pats until dirt is thrown on the corpse.  

Not to mention, Tannehill is pretty familiar with the Pats and their defenses.  I'll take Tennessee.
As are the Pats familiar with Tannehill.

I'm a NE homer and I'd take TN and the points for sure.

But I am always wrong when it comes to NE so they'll probably cover. They usually do best when nobody gives them a chance.

The gods of football probably also would prefer seeing two more matchups of NE/KC and NE/BALT. 

Game of the weekend. :excited:

Although the Texans / bills could be close too, this one is just awesome all around.

Can Tom put his #### together?

Can the student beat the devil? Err, master, yeah that's what I meant

Can Henry run? 

Can the Patriots score?

Is tannehill for real? 

This could be a heartbreaker but man it's gonna be epic.

If the Patriots are able to slow down and neutralize Henry, they will win this game easy. 

That is the absolute key for the Patriots. Because Tannehill will not beat that defense without a great running game.

Not happening.

If the Patriots can’t stop the run......big trouble then.

It really comes down to that. Tannehill will crumble if the Patriots can tee off with their pass rush. He is terrible under a lot of pressure.

Here is a stat to chew on:

The Patriots are 11-0 in the post season vs 1st time post season QB’s (Tannehill).

Users who are viewing this thread