Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: Rams RB Cam Akers

Faust

• Faust changed the title to Dynasty & Redraft: Rams RB Cam Akers

In a league where we staret 1 or 2 RB Ive been offered Lockett for him. Im thin at WR so Im thinking about it.
Trying to get him to throw in an IDP that ill help me (DE preferably) and I think thats as good as I get.

One other guy sniffign around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scothawk said:

In a league where we staret 1 or 2 RB Ive been offered Lockett for him. Im thin at WR so Im thinking about it.
Trying to get him to throw in an IDP that ill help me (DE preferably) and I think thats as good as I get.

One other guy sniffign around.

I'm not a dynasty player generally, but I would likely take this deal in a heartbeat.   You are getting a WR2 with upside (at worst) and you are moving a RB that is a question mark at best. Not only that, try and count the "good" RBs that came back from an Achilles tear.....or more specific, which RBs "came BACK good", as several have come back, but they were virtually never near as explosive or as productive. There are literally NONE I can think of, that you would feel comfortable starting, after returning.

Getting a solid WR2 ish guy (for likely a couple more years), and then you may even get a toss in help at IDP?

Thats a win in my book.

I'm all for Cam Akers to come back strong, but I would think its a very small chance of him returning to "good form".

TZM

• Like 1

I just finished a league that goes 21 rounds deep on offense, and owners can keep any player by giving up that draft pick the next year.  Kamara is an 8th round keeper, etc.  Someone always gets slick with injured players, I took ETN in the 6th, for example.  

Akers went undrafted.

That is probably a mistake by a few owners, but it's a good indication to me how negative the prognosis is out there.  

2 hours ago, Boone22 said:

I believe it means he is NOT eligible for return this year.  It’s NOT a short term IR spot. 

They removed his IR eligibility though, I have an illegal roster with him on my IR now.  Hopefully that will get updated prior to kickoff week 1.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, ap28.allday said:

CBS had switched him to IR yesterday... now they changed him to NFI-R, what is this?

Non Football Injury - Reserve

He got hurt via a non-football situation. He injured himself "while training". Could be the truth, could be a cover-up for something stupid. May even hurt himself doing something that his personal contract said not to do. Can hurt him financially if the team pursued it.

NFI-Active - can return to the team

NFI-Reserve - sits for the year

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/07/nfl-non-football-injury-nfi-list

He should not be available for an IR slot for most leagues. Basically a step-up from an Exempt List.

Edited by Riffraff