Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB Zack Moss, BUF


Faust

Recommended Posts

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to RB Zack Moss, BUF
Quote

Bills head coach Sean McDermott said RB Zack Moss was inactive in Week 1 due to health concerns and that Moss has "looked good" in practice this week. 

Moss struggled through some August injuries and was a scratch for Buffalo's Week 1 loss to the Steelers. Devin Singletary played 75.2 percent of the Bills' offensive snaps and saw 11 carries for 72 yards and three catches for eight yards. Moss' return to the lineup will cap Singletary's usage in Week 2 against the Dolphins. Last year, Singletary averaged 8.7 rushing attempts and three targets per game when Moss was active. Both Singletary and Moss will be iffy RB3/4 options this week. 

RELATED: 

Devin Singletary

SOURCE: Alaina Getzenberg on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2021, 11:42 AM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sam Quentin said:

How many idiots that are not in extremely shallow leagues dropped him?

He wasn't any good. 3 YPC when Singletary was basically dominating earlier in the game- too many carries to Moss, not enough to Singletary. And Moss fumbled on top of that? 

2 TD's is really lucky- Josh Allen could've scored both of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

How many idiots that are not in extremely shallow leagues dropped him?

me, but he is not a difference maker with Singletary in the mix.  was an easy drop.  IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TampaMike19 said:

He wasn't any good. 3 YPC when Singletary was basically dominating earlier in the game- too many carries to Moss, not enough to Singletary. And Moss fumbled on top of that? 

2 TD's is really lucky- Josh Allen could've scored both of them. 

He looks rosterable to me.

in any league I have ever been, starting RBs and viable backups are all rostered.  By that standard, it seems he should be rostered and may provide standalone flex value as the year goes on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 11:35 AM, Sam Quentin said:

He looks rosterable to me.

in any league I have ever been, starting RBs and viable backups are all rostered.  By that standard, it seems he should be rostered and may provide standalone flex value as the year goes on.

True, a real positional dearth in most leagues at RB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Zack Moss rushed 13 times for 60 yards, adding three catches for 31 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' Week 3 win over Washington.

Devin Singletary got the start, but Moss got more touches in both facets, out-carrying Singletary 13-11 and out-catching him 3-1. Moss was also the one who found paydirt, running in a short seven-yard touchdown reception early in the second quarter. It was an encouraging performance from Moss, but he's still difficult to trust on a weekly basis with Singletary also handling a significant amount of work.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jobarules said:

Starting him at RB2 over Javonte and Tyson (yikes). I also have Josh Allen so it's kind of a hedge.

 

Same, and have Allen as well. I just picked up Sanders this week on the wire. I think I might just rotate Moss and Sanders in my FLEX all year depending on how competitive I think the game will be. The Bills look like an offensive juggernaut.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Starting him at RB2 over Javonte and Tyson (yikes). I also have Josh Allen so it's kind of a hedge.

 

8 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

 

Same, and have Allen as well. I just picked up Sanders this week on the wire. I think I might just rotate Moss and Sanders in my FLEX all year depending on how competitive I think the game will be. The Bills look like an offensive juggernaut.

Ditto on Allen in two leagues and now picking up pieces to go along with Buffalo. Going after Moss and a trade involving Diggs and Moss. I also picked up E Sanders in two leagues. I drank the Zack Moss juice last year and it never panned out consistently. Will Moss pan out this year for a Flex and potential low end RB 2 for a bye week?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This dude runs with SO much juice. Love the burst and power. Not a huge fan of his vision, but in this offense there will be gobs of RB fantasy points for whichever hippo proves hungriest. I like Singletary too and they will cancel one another to a degree, but Moss looks like a prime candidate for a major 2nd-yr breakout if he can add to the momentum he's built over the last two weeks. This weekend vs. creampuff Houston at home could be a huge breakout game for this wakening beast. IF you haven't seen the two TD runs against MIA a couple weeks ago, check them out: BEAST!

This will sound overblown (and probably is) but dude reminds me of poor man's Frank Gore. I think Gore had better vision but the burst, power and stature are what remind me of the Tank. I'm sure the Buffalo uniform is playing a role too. :D

Moss vs. Gore

(Don't forget, Frank didn't fully break out until his 2nd yr. Maybe we see something similar this season from Moss, IF he can somehow take control of this backfield.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would you guys considering adding Zach Moss and dropping one of Kenny Gainwell or Tony Pollard. Other backs are Cook with Mattison as Handcuff and Elijah Mitchell right now. stacked at WR and QB mix and match at TE right now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Would you guys considering adding Zach Moss and dropping one of Kenny Gainwell or Tony Pollard. Other backs are Cook with Mattison as Handcuff and Elijah Mitchell right now. stacked at WR and QB mix and match at TE right now 

I would roster Moss over Gainwell. He’s better than Singletary, and he should be solidifying the lead back role in the coming weeks. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I would roster Moss over Gainwell. He’s better than Singletary, and he should be solidifying the lead back role in the coming weeks. 

I hadn't seen enough of Buff to know If Singletary is really that bad or Moss is that good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I hadn't seen enough of Buff to know If Singletary is really that bad or Moss is that good 

They’re both good and on a top 3 offense. Moss just seems to be the preferred back near the goal line. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ahartig said:

They’re both good and on a top 3 offense. Moss just seems to be the preferred back near the goal line. 

 

Yeah I just need a second back who can get my RB2 numbers at this point. I could've picked up Hubbard but I figured he's rendered useless when CMC comes back. I had drafted Moss late then dropped and no one seemed to want to pick him up in my league still

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Zack Moss rushed 14 times for 61 yards and a touchdown in Buffalo's Week 4 win over the Texans. 

Moss added a red zone target that Josh Allen rushed over his shoulders just a bit too quickly. Moss did dominate red zone carries over Devin Singletary, five to one, but was stuffed on a key third-and-1 at the Houston 3, forcing one of the many field goals for Buffalo. It looks like Moss is probably the more reliable option of the two at this point if only because of the red zone work, but the uncertainty leaves Moss stapled to RB3/FLEX territory. Even with a tempting Chiefs matchup next Sunday night.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Saboo said:

I like Moss the rest of the way. If he gets consistent touches near the goal line on an explosive offense, he is a mid range #2RB

 

Feel the same way... and he's getting targets. I don't know why he's not getting any love from the pundits, and yet they slobber all over Chase Edmonds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, killface said:

I'm hoping he can keep the pace up.  

I think this guy could be a genuine breakout for the rest of the season. He's seeing 15 touches per game and a lot of goal line looks on an explosive offense. If Singletary went down he could approach RB 1 numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saboo said:

I think this guy could be a genuine breakout for the rest of the season. He's seeing 15 touches per game and a lot of goal line looks on an explosive offense. If Singletary went down he could approach RB 1 numbers.

He wouldn’t necessarily even need a Singletary injury for that to happen. Look at the Bills upcoming schedule after the Chiefs game this week. Titans, dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Colts.  The Bills should be winning a lot of these games—and if they are winning—they will want to utilize the run game to run down the clock.  I think their schedule dictates that there will be a significant amount of games where they will want to feature the run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His schedule is an absolute joke. He gets 10-15 touches a game. He gets targets. Hes the goal line back. What is there not to like? I picked him up for free but just traded him away for Tee Hggins. Hope I dont regret it. Main reason I traded him away was because I also own Allen and hate having QB+RB from same team.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, jobarules said:

His schedule is an absolute joke. He gets 10-15 touches a game. He gets targets. Hes the goal line back. What is there not to like? I picked him up for free but just traded him away for Tee Hggins. Hope I dont regret it. Main reason I traded him away was because I also own Allen and hate having QB+RB from same team.

 

I'm in the same boat. I'm just going to ride it out with Moss as my RB2 as long as it makes sense. My RBs are a mess after A Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jobarules said:

His schedule is an absolute joke. He gets 10-15 touches a game. He gets targets. Hes the goal line back. What is there not to like? I picked him up for free but just traded him away for Tee Hggins. Hope I dont regret it. Main reason I traded him away was because I also own Allen and hate having QB+RB from same team.

You hate getting points almost every time a good offense scores a TD?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Yeah because last week Tyler Bass got almost all the points and I was cursing a lot.

As good as the Bills look, Allen isn't really hitting on all cylinders yet. They are going to be ridiculous once he settles down a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jobarules said:

Yeah because last week Tyler Bass got almost all the points and I was cursing a lot.

Then pick up Bass too. Try to get Diggs while you're at it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saboo said:

I think Moss has genuine breakout potential given his schedule and the quality of this offense

I just traded away my RB2 and thinking about targeting Moss in a trade, as I’m now sort of weak at the RB2 position. 
 

I think I’ve concluded the owner to trade him, as he’s sort of a solid floor guy right now. But if he truly has the chance to get going, Now is probably the time to strike. Trying to establish what his value might be and what kind of WR2 with upside it might take to get him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VikingFrog said:

I just traded away my RB2 and thinking about targeting Moss in a trade, as I’m now sort of weak at the RB2 position. 
 

I think I’ve concluded the owner to trade him, as he’s sort of a solid floor guy right now. But if he truly has the chance to get going, Now is probably the time to strike. Trying to establish what his value might be and what kind of WR2 with upside it might take to get him. 

I just essentially traded Moss for Higgins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

I just traded away my RB2 and thinking about targeting Moss in a trade, as I’m now sort of weak at the RB2 position. 
 

I think I’ve concluded the owner to trade him, as he’s sort of a solid floor guy right now. But if he truly has the chance to get going, Now is probably the time to strike. Trying to establish what his value might be and what kind of WR2 with upside it might take to get him. 

With his Cordarrelle-esque TD efficiency right now and solid touches, he would be difficult to pry off my roster. 12 team, super-flex redraft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea,

43 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I just essentially traded Moss for Higgins

I just traded Damien Williams to get him. I figured Williams has a limited window. Moss has the potential to be a major asset all season...If he continues in the right direction in this offense Moss is a legit #2 RB the rest of the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VikingFrog said:

I just traded away my RB2 and thinking about targeting Moss in a trade, as I’m now sort of weak at the RB2 position. 
 

I think I’ve concluded the owner to trade him, as he’s sort of a solid floor guy right now. But if he truly has the chance to get going, Now is probably the time to strike. Trying to establish what his value might be and what kind of WR2 with upside it might take to get him. 


Well, offered a bevy of strong WR2s but the unexpectedly guy ended up wanting Sermon. So traded Sermon for Moss straight up. Feel like a big winner here based on potential and murkiness of that headache of a 49ers backfield. 
 

Hope this helps someone else establish value or ideas to get Moss if they are targeting him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:


Well, offered a bevy of strong WR2s but the unexpectedly guy ended up wanting Sermon. So traded Sermon for Moss straight up. Feel like a big winner here based on potential and murkiness of that headache of a 49ers backfield. 
 

Hope this helps someone else establish value or ideas to get Moss if they are targeting him.

I think you stole Moss in that deal...I think I did ok long term dealing Williams for him.

Edited by Saboo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:


Well, offered a bevy of strong WR2s but the unexpectedly guy ended up wanting Sermon. So traded Sermon for Moss straight up. Feel like a big winner here based on potential and murkiness of that headache of a 49ers backfield. 
 

Hope this helps someone else establish value or ideas to get Moss if they are targeting him.

I have both Sermon & Moss.

I am immediately sending offers of Sermon for anything based upon your post.  I figured he was untradeable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just traded Gallup and a 1st that's likely to be a mid to late pick for Moss and Bernard. 18-team .5ppr and my only RB seeing any carries has been Taylor. I lost Dobbins and Mostert and of course the waiver wire is void of anything in this league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...