What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

And when Hurts has a bad game...

”Doug are you thinking about going back to Carson?”

And around and around we go. It’s a F’ing nightmare following this team for as long as I have. 
Or Hurts plays well but then gets hurt and out for the year and Wentz plays out of his mind then what? 

Does Hurts have potential to be successful?  
Under this coaching staff no. From the scouting report that was linked too on here last week it doesn't sound great unless the new coach is gonna scheme the offense to get guys open for you. Thats why he was successful at OU as the team scheme the plays for him. I don't think it was as much talent as it was coaches putting him in a good position. 

Or Hurts plays well but then gets hurt and out for the year and Wentz plays out of his mind then what? 
There’s no win. None. 

Hurts plays well and you have $25 million dollar back up

Hurts plays bad- QB controversy 

The Hurts echos will forever be here now as long as both are on the team. 

Look at the reaction this is getting for 2 quarters of mostly garage time. He wasn’t the focus at all during the week and while he made 2 good throws and showed ability to move all the negatives were there. His accuracy is an issue and as long as the same OL and receivers are here he will only get worse week after week 

There’s no win. None. 

Hurts plays well and you have $25 million dollar back up

Hurts plays bad- QB controversy 

The Hurts echos will forever be here now as long as both are on the team. 

Look at the reaction this is getting for 2 quarters of mostly garage time. He wasn’t the focus at all during the week and while he made 2 good throws and showed ability to move all the negatives were there. His accuracy is an issue and as long as the same OL and receivers are here he will only get worse week after week 
Yeah that was my point. I think we need to hope Carson gets back to what he is. I'm all for starting Hurts rest of the year. Hope he plays well. Wentz comes in plays well and he can rest final 2-3 games as the Eagles clinch playoffs and Hurts comes in and plays well. Team trades Hurts after next year. I just hope he plays well enough in general so we can trade him 

Doug asked about the switch 

"Needed a Spark" 

McManus on Jeffrey playing over Fulgham 

Doug pauses for 30 secs

Been here before gameplain for both guys want to improve on offense along with all positions. I need to improve. We have 5 active WRS and use em all

McManus Who's starting vs NO

"Doug with the typical we need to evaluate before making a decision. Opportunity arose and we needed to get back in the game came up Short."

McLane Wentz effected by Hurts

"Hard for me to answer not being Carson. he's been a pro helping Jalen."

Evaluating Jalen's play

" Needs to look at tape, did some good things used legs when had too, mentions Ward throw and how he got them back into game." 

How much thought went as an ORG on Hurts pick

"Hard for him to sit up there and think back what he did in April. Said this week was on board with pick always look at QB pos each year and add value and talent." 

How did you deliver news and reactions of both

"Just told Jalen is in next season. Wentz was professional helped Jalen and was supportive of him."

Hurts spark does it peak his interest?

"without looking at his performance and eval hard to say. For today it gave us spark we looked for"

Zach Berman: Time of change was it planned Hurts finish and what the spark made different this week?

"Wanted to keep Hurts in and see if he could get some momentum. Felt needed that spark today in past more so injuries at spots or positions playing not necessary QB.

Mike Kaye Reagor explosive plays have they figured out the best way to use him at this point

"On right track more they can do. Don't want to overload him. Goes back to film eval again."

Martin How to evaluate Carson's play on Sacks as far as Hurts concern how far a factor in divisions is it to starting Hurts

"Mentions tape again. 4 games left anything possible continue to work and fight each week."

Doug offers nothing big newsworthy 

Wentz dead money...

2021- $59MM

2022 - $25MM

2023 - $15MM

2024 - $6MM

So when do you take the hit?
This franchise will take the hit every single day until 2024
To all of the people that were angry we kept Wentz over Foles, you kinda get your wish: This team's got a Nick Foles now. Back-up QB with a shockingly great season in the rearview mirror that makes 20x what the starter makes just in case you need to have him go in if Hurts gets injured. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake to look at Bleeding Greens Facebook updates. Excuses already there. One guy already wants to trade Everyone not named Hurts and Reagor including Miles. 
I said it here, if they can trade Miles they should. (if they can get value of course, not for less then they paid)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey getting all this playing time is inexcusable though. No one is trading for him, he is slow and done, Fulgham, Ward, and Reagor, with Hightower coming in as a 4th. That's it.
Hopefully Peters is done too. Herbig needs to play to get that development. Something this team is do bad at providing.

I swear Justin Jefferson or DK metcalf would be splitting time with Alshon or Djax

To all of the people that were angry we kept Wentz over Foles, you kinda get your wish: This team's got a Nick Foles now. Back-up QB with a shockingly great season in the rearview mirror that makes 20x what the starter makes just in case you need to have him go in if Hurts gets injured. 
Foles has been pretty rough since leaving Philly.  Both times.  I believe in Carson but something is seriously wrong... something needs a shake up in his head.

I said it here, if they can trade Miles they should. (if they can get value of course, not for less then they paid)
At this point that might not be a bad idea.  We need to either realize we are a playoff team or a couple years away.  I'd almost hit the reset button at this point and just go crazy on youth this offseason.

At this point that might not be a bad idea.  We need to either realize we are a playoff team or a couple years away.  I'd almost hit the reset button at this point and just go crazy on youth this offseason.
Should be able to get at least a 2 for him. 

Exactly. He's a good piece - but we aren't going to be competitive until after we'd need to extend him.

Foles has been pretty rough since leaving Philly.  Both times.  I believe in Carson but something is seriously wrong... something needs a shake up in his head.
I don’t disagree that he doesn’t look the same but just from watching it’s the sum of many parts. 

Like @Insein mentioned above, you could see this coming in April. Then the injuries started. Then we saw Doug take a step or 10 back as well. 

I saw a tweet a few minutes ago and it kind of made me laugh a little. 

“Newton is 21-37 for 153 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 sacks over the past TWO weeks! Patriots have won both games lol.”

Thats a win over Arizona and a dismantling of the Chargers today. Why did it make me laugh a little? This city and fan base is supposed to be knowledgeable. How can they not understand the importance of a supporting cast and how vital good coaching is? I’m fine if they start Hurts. There’s nothing to lose now. Be thankful Wentz isn’t physically hurt and give him a break. If people are expecting Hurts to look better for a while with this coaching staff and supporting cast that seems absolutely crazy to me but it is 2020 🤷‍♂️

I don’t disagree that he doesn’t look the same but just from watching it’s the sum of many parts. 

Like @Insein mentioned above, you could see this coming in April. Then the injuries started. Then we saw Doug take a step or 10 back as well. 

I saw a tweet a few minutes ago and it kind of made me laugh a little. 

“Newton is 21-37 for 153 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 sacks over the past TWO weeks! Patriots have won both games lol.”

Thats a win over Arizona and a dismantling of the Chargers today. Why did it make me laugh a little? This city and fan base is supposed to be knowledgeable. How can they not understand the importance of a supporting cast and how vital good coaching is? I’m fine if they start Hurts. There’s nothing to lose now. Be thankful Wentz isn’t physically hurt and give him a break. If people are expecting Hurts to look better for a while with this coaching staff and supporting cast that seems absolutely crazy to me but it is 2020 🤷‍♂️
Belichek will give up a first for Wentz and win 2 super bowls at least with him. 

LOL !!! Wentz on the Bench !!!

I told everyone Wentz Sucks and everyone got all offended !!! 

Actually I am going to step it up a notch !!!! This Season he is the Worst QB in the NFL !!!

He makes Darnold and Lock look good! And he never was as good as Foles !

So it seems like slay isn't that great anymore.  2 straight weeks hes looked very ordinary vs good wrs.   Not to mention he seems to get hurt every game.   How long do we have him for?   

It's been awhile since we've injected top tier talent though. Every 3-4 years it seems we need this. Howie's top 5 picks are not so bad. Lane Johnson and Carson Wentz. Wentz has had just about the worst year imaginable but we know he can play. Lane is a borderline Hall of Famer. 

So what saying is, even Howie can't screw this up. Pick the best player at your slot and take the stud talent that should be a starter for 5-10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread