What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

If we assume the Eagles are 15% to win for each of the last 4 games, then it's about a coin flip as to whether the eagles go 0-4 vs getting at least one win.  I think they're a minimum of 15% against each of those teams (and significantly higher against the Cardinals, Cowboys and Football Team).  I think the Eagles get at least one more win this year.  I know there is no reason to be optimistic but some of those teams are also very flawed (maybe just as flawed as the Eagles).
This.  Even if you drop it to a 90% chance we lose each game, it's nowhere near a lock that we go 0-4. 

At this point it's still hard for me to cheer against my team, but I will be cheering hard for the Bengals and Chargers to win.

How is a 90% chance to lose “nowhere near a lock”?
If they are 90% to lose each of the final 4 games, there is still a 35% chance that they win one of them.  Are you really saying that Dallas would beat Philly 9 out of 10 times?  That seems odd given that Philly already beat them once (granted I know that was against a different QB).  

If they are 90% to lose each of the final 4 games, there is still a 35% chance that they win one of them.  Are you really saying that Dallas would beat Philly 9 out of 10 times?  That seems odd given that Philly already beat them once (granted I know that was against a different QB).  
You answered your own question about Dallas. You’re also not factoring in how another 2 losses will impact our team mentally and physically before that game. That’s why I said just give it a couple weeks. 4 weeks ago we couldn’t see Doug being fired and now look

I’m not seeing something with the 90-10. I’m looking at each game individually. Saying they have a 90% chance to lose against the Saints is a near lock. Doing the same the following week against Arizona would lead you to believe they’re a virtual lock to lose that as well. When it’s comes to the Dallas game we will see. 

Jason Peters in 22 pass snaps:
- 1 sack, 1 QB hit, 3 QB hurries

Nate Herbig in 21 pass snaps:
- 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 1 QB hurry.

Eagles snap counts 
- Fulgham gets 10 less than Alshon
- 4 carries in 11 snaps for Howard, 10 carries in 35 snaps for Sanders 
- Again, only 35 snaps out of 62 for Sanders
- the first post-Will Parks game leads to 16 snaps for Wallace

- Miles Sanders gets roughly 10-15 fewer snaps than usual.
- Alshon Jeffery increase playing time as Fulgham, Hightower gets less.
- Richard Rodgers, who is the highest graded offensive weapon for Eagles, gets 3 snaps.
- Mills plays 100 % of snaps.

From John Clark:

I’m told Darius Slay is having an MRI on his knee this morning. Eagles are dealing with a possible injury to Slay

I’m told Jason Peters will see doctor to see if he can continue to play on his injured toe that will need surgery. He may need to have that surgery

Alshon Jeffery in 2020:
- 7 targets
- 2 catches for 15 yards
- 2 drops, 1 caused INT, 1 penalty
- 0.0 passer rating when targeted

26 million $ cap hit.

You answered your own question about Dallas. You’re also not factoring in how another 2 losses will impact our team mentally and physically before that game. That’s why I said just give it a couple weeks. 4 weeks ago we couldn’t see Doug being fired and now look

I’m not seeing something with the 90-10. I’m looking at each game individually. Saying they have a 90% chance to lose against the Saints is a near lock. Doing the same the following week against Arizona would lead you to believe they’re a virtual lock to lose that as well. When it’s comes to the Dallas game we will see. 
Alright we'll end it here.  But to your point, that is not how probabilities work.  I wouldn't even hate it if we lost all 4 games, I really want a shot at a top 5 pick.  Lots can happen up there and we'd have a shot at a difference maker.  The cowboys game is going to be a "who wants it less?" type game.

Bigboy10182000 said:
I don’t disagree that he doesn’t look the same but just from watching it’s the sum of many parts. 

Like @Insein mentioned above, you could see this coming in April. Then the injuries started. Then we saw Doug take a step or 10 back as well. 

I saw a tweet a few minutes ago and it kind of made me laugh a little. 

“Newton is 21-37 for 153 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 sacks over the past TWO weeks! Patriots have won both games lol.”

Thats a win over Arizona and a dismantling of the Chargers today. Why did it make me laugh a little? This city and fan base is supposed to be knowledgeable. How can they not understand the importance of a supporting cast and how vital good coaching is? I’m fine if they start Hurts. There’s nothing to lose now. Be thankful Wentz isn’t physically hurt and give him a break. If people are expecting Hurts to look better for a while with this coaching staff and supporting cast that seems absolutely crazy to me but it is 2020 🤷‍♂️
We're talking about the same people who got upset we let Foles go instead of trading Wentz. They finally realized this year Foles wasn't Jesus Christ 2.0 so they need a new guy to hype and defend for their hate for Wentz. I'm probably the most biased and biggest Wentz fan in this thread. I was harping how dumb it was to trade up to 2 just to draft Zeke when Carson was there. Watched the guy since his JR year at NDST and fell in love with his play. Big Ben/Favre clone and was like I want that guy playing QB for the Eagles. Something is clearly wrong and at this point he needs to just sit. Come back next year head clear and maybe he can figure some stuff out while on the sidelines. 

I'm disappointed sure but I feel bad for the guy because since 2017 he's had to look over his shoulder and the team hasn't built around him or insured him he's the future. You can say but they did with the extension but then they draft a QB in the 2nd round of the draft this year and handled this thing so poorly. Add that to how his year ended last year and he's had some horrible luck a long the way. I still believe in the guy but maybe a NEW GM and coaching staff can right the ship better. 

I listen to this guy from North Dakota who fits this description pretty well.

Its an important part of his brand to hate Wentz though, so I won't rain on his parade.
Isn't he the same guy who was talking trash on the Eagles before and after the Vikings got stomped in 2017? I seem to remember an avid ND radio guy who seemed upset being a Viking fan or just a pure Carson hater 

Per Pro Football statistics 

Carson Wentz has been responsible for only 10 of 47 sacks and 21/191 QB pressures allowed. 

This isn't to say Wentz hasn't been bad but it goes to show you I think he's mentally and physically drained at this point with this Offensive Line. I hope he hasn't been Carr'd 

Wash and NYG with massive upsets this week.... maybe the div isn't so bad? :P

Only non div teams philly has lost to:
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Baltimore
Cleveland
Rams

Pretty good teams there.

The Noid said:
This chorus from the peanut of gallery of "We told you so" about Wentz is some really distorted reality. They spent 4 years saying he wasn't good while he:

• Had one of the best rookie seasons, statistically, and showed promise
  • Delivered on that promise in Year 2 by contending for MVP and leading them to the #1 seed and being a key part of a Super Bowl winning season
  • Dealt with coming back from an ACL injury and then breaking his back in Year 3 to still put up 3,074 Yards, 21 TD, 7 INT, and 102.2 rating
  • Dragged a practice-squad of WRs in Year 4 to the playoffs by winning out the last 4 games
Just as it did then, it still stands now: the Wentz sucks takes during those 4 years are not based in any truth. Him sucking now (which no one, not even Jeff Lurie, will argue) doesn't validate the takes that he sucked all along. None of these trolls were saying "Yeah, he may be good now but he's going to fall off a cliff and be horrible at some point", which would be the only claim to saying "See, I was right!" 

It's moving the goalposts to make an incorrect statement retroactively correct, akin to spending the 80's swearing Michael Jackson's music is horrible and not worthy of Grammys and Billboard records, then screaming, "See, I told you!" every time he was dealing with an allegation of sexual abuse. You just didn't like Michael Jackson (or Carson Wentz), and that's cool, but don't distort that into some soothsayer badge of honor. 
It’s the nature of the position. Increase the numbers a bit and change the name to Dak Prescott.
He has a record setting rookie season, hits a sophomore slump, but comes back each year better and better and even leading the league in numbers this year up until the injury. The Dallas defense was about as craptastic as one can get, but yet if he was still playing there’s no doubt they would be heavily favored to dominate the NFC Least. Critics say he will be overpayed and over rated,  and yet he’s head and shoulders above any QB in this division. Again, it’s the nature of the position- blamed for the losses; team credited with the wins. 😆 

Gotta think Wentz is better than he’s been, but the Hurts saga was a horrible head game pick. He may not recover from it, and he’s being paid a fortune.

4 hours ago they were “putrid” lol

I’m just poking fun but imagine that DL against what our OL will look like at that time. The shredded our OL when we had actual starters in the first game 
Hey a lot has changed since then lol!  And technically I was talking about Dallas.

It’s the nature of the position. Increase the numbers a bit and change the name to Dak Prescott.
He has a record setting rookie season, hits a sophomore slump, but comes back each year better and better and even leading the league in numbers this year up until the injury. The Dallas defense was about as craptastic as one can get, but yet if he was still playing there’s no doubt they would be heavily favored to dominate the NFC Least. Critics say he will be overpayed and over rated,  and yet he’s head and shoulders above any QB in this division. Again, it’s the nature of the position- blamed for the losses; team credited with the wins. 😆 

Gotta think Wentz is better than he’s been, but the Hurts saga was a horrible head game pick. He may not recover from it, and he’s being paid a fortune.
Now just imagine Dallas gives Dak 100+ million and the following year drafts a QB in round 2 after making the playoffs at 9-7 completing 64% over 4,000 yards and 27-7

From Eliot Shore Parks:

Top 5 (and really the only) young players on the #Eagles who have exceeded expectations: 

1. Jordan Mailata
2. Josh Sweat 
3. Travis Fulgham 
4. Nate Herbig 
5. Alex Singleton

From Eliot Shore Parks:

Top 5 (and really the only) young players on the #Eagles who have exceeded expectations: 

1. Jordan Mailata
2. Josh Sweat 
3. Travis Fulgham 
4. Nate Herbig 
5. Alex Singleton
Howie gets no credit for them. Yet the coaching has been a hindrance IMO. Mailata and Sweet should have been playing for at least a year. Fulgham was lights out until the coaching got involved and played Alshon more than him. Now he's dropping balls and not playing.

Howie gets no credit for them. Yet the coaching has been a hindrance IMO. Mailata and Sweet should have been playing for at least a year. Fulgham was lights out until the coaching got involved and played Alshon more than him. Now he's dropping balls and not playing.
Agree 100%. 4 of the 5 only had a chance because multiple guys they thought were better played in front of them. Mailata is one of the biggest WTF’s there is considering they actually gave Peters more money to play that same position. 

Agree 100%. 4 of the 5 only had a chance because multiple guys they thought were better played in front of them. Mailata is one of the biggest WTF’s there is considering they actually gave Peters more money to play that same position. 
He was entirely not needed. JP that is 

From Eliot Shore Parks:

1. Jordan Mailata
2. Josh Sweat 
3. Travis Fulgham 
4. Nate Herbig 
5. Alex Singleton
There's definitely some bright spots.  Sadly none of our high draft picks on this list...

Isn't he the same guy who was talking trash on the Eagles before and after the Vikings got stomped in 2017? I seem to remember an avid ND radio guy who seemed upset being a Viking fan or just a pure Carson hater 
I can't remember that far back.

I was referring to Arif Hasan who is one of my favorite Vikings writers. His hatred for Wentz goes back to college. He didn't think he would be a good QB. He had to eat crow about it for awhile but stuck to his guns. Its mostly a joke I think, but the only person I thought of when it comes to Wentz.

Wash and NYG with massive upsets this week.... maybe the div isn't so bad? :P

Only non div teams philly has lost to:
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Baltimore
Cleveland
Rams

Pretty good teams there.
Longest current win streaks in the NFC:

Saints - 9

Giants - 4

WFT - 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Longest current win streaks in the NFL:

Saints - 9

Giants - 4

WFT - 3
Honestly, all four teams could be good next year.  Injuries have decimated Dallas and Philly.  Yes, it's part of the game, but they wouldn't be doing so poorly with full health.  In Dallas, Dak Prescott makes a huge difference.  In Philly, I wouldn't throw out Wentz just yet.  Get the offensive line back to snuff and he won't be making so many mistakes, IMO...I think next year this division may be fairly competitive, but maybe that's overly optimistic...

We need something like this and soon:

Bills’ entire core skill group around Josh Allen all acquired in two-year span.

Diggs: 2020 trade
Brown: 2019 FA
Beasley: 2019 FA
Davis: 2020 draft
Knox: 2019 draft
Singletary: 2019 draft
Moss: 2020 draft

None of those players were on the 2018 roster.

To be fair, at the time in camp Mailata was looking terrible and getting beat regularly. The crime wasn't bringing JP back, it was continuing to play him when it became so obvious how cooked he is and Mailata showed he could play. 
Wasn't worth the risk. They finally ripped off the band aid that was Jason Peters this off-season only to run looking for it on the ground crumpled up and bloody once brooks went down.

To be fair, at the time in camp Mailata was looking terrible and getting beat regularly. The crime wasn't bringing JP back, it was continuing to play him when it became so obvious how cooked he is and Mailata showed he could play. 

Wasn't worth the risk. They finally ripped off the band aid that was Jason Peters this off-season only to run looking for it on the ground crumpled up and bloody once brooks went down.
It seemed very panicked. And it wasn’t the popular take here at the time, and I took a lot of heat over it, but he should have been cut after asking for more to help the team as well. Sooner or later you have to see what you have in these young guys. I refuse to believe the Singletons, Mailata’s, Etc didn’t look good in practices but look great in games when thrust into action. We almost chose to be anti- New England after the Super Bowl. Instead of playing guys based on merit we played them off of resume. We played Jamon Brown and Jason Peters over Herbig and with hindsight it’s mind boggling how they went with Peters last week. 

I went back to the beginning of the season on here (starts on page 60) and we could all see this coming. It’s crazy how long we’ve noticed these things. 

Would any team be willing to trade for wentz? Would be banking on being able to get him back to rookie season - he has been arguable the worst qb in the NFL this year. Would Eagles trade him for a 7th just to get rid of him? Still will be dead money but not as horrid as currently.

Shocking to no one:

Hurts named the starter this week
Will be interested to see how he does with all first team reps.

Initial thoughts watching him - he has zip on intermediate throws, didn’t look rattled like Wentz, makes quick decisions. He doesn’t look natural rolling out to his left at all.

Users who are viewing this thread