What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

True but not many jump out to me as a "we got to have him" player. Maybe because I haven't read or know enough on them focusing mostly offense. Seems Parsons a few times but he looks good but for me doesn't have that must have too him. Not sure what it is. 
You're not a big fan of PSU players. 

I'm not and I'm probably Jaded by a few buddies who went there who overrated the heck out of every PSU player and the fact local media here does it a ton too. There's been a few players PSU wise I was impressed with over the years but many of those guys ended up failing in the NFL or didn't last long. Successful careers but called it quits early. Was a big Larry Johnson fan back in the day though. 

I mean you are talking to a guy who has a friend who thought Christian Hackenburg was a better QB pick then Goff and Wentz. Thats how jaded some of my friends are on PSU. So that unfortunate bias does play a part and me not wanting them here because if they are good they won't shut up about that only player and then if the player struggles always someone else's fault. God forbid they get traded or released.  :wall:

Also lets just say I'm not a fan of PSU for personal reasons I won't get into involving Paterno and certain cover ups

Only reason I mentioned it was a few too early mock drafts had them in on Pitts. 

One of my customers who I talk to a Washington fan mentioned you guys were looking to trade Zeke. Any truth or rumblings about that? 
No. Not from the team anyway, but some fans are wishing to trade Zeke and keep Pollard. I’d be open to it for sure. But no, the team is in no way openly saying that.

No. Not from the team anyway, but some fans are wishing to trade Zeke and keep Pollard. I’d be open to it for sure. But no, the team is in no way openly saying that.
I don't think they could anyway with that money. No one is paying that for a RB who lost a step. Maybe if Chip Kelly comes back. 

Insein said:
We need defensive playmakers though. Been too long. Get the best CB to put opposite of Slay and then we're talking. Get Micah Parsons (which they'd never do) and we get a wrecking machine. Just need someone on defense that every one nationally is just like "Man that guy can play and makes a huge difference."
There isn't a cb worth picking that high

now if we traded back and picked surtain and got another good draft pick i guess i could be down for that.   but we can get a great player in the top 5.  as long as howie doesn't screw it up

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't a cb worth picking that high

now if we traded back and picked surtain and got another good draft pick i guess i could be down for that.   but we can get a great player in the top 5.  as long as howie doesn't screw it up
Howie hasn't screwed up top 15 picks. He's only had 4. Fletch,  Lane, Carson and Barnett.

All great picks from years ago.   But with all his recent failures let's just say I'm not that confident in his ability to see talent or make the best decisions 
Point is, even he hasn't screwed up high picks. We just haven't been that high often. 

With the CIN win last night, we would have the #3 pick right now if not for the NO win. Instead we have the 7th and will probably end up 10th-13th if we win 1 of the last 2. 
How much better is JaMarr Chase then Smith or Waddle from Alabama? If we're going WR, I assume it'll be one of those 3, but projections seems all over the board.

If the Texans beat the Bengals, and we lose out - still a good chance we're high enough to get Chase as well.

Feels dirty to say it, but if we beat Dallas, that'll really be what drops us way down the board.  That said - it's not often that the 1st WR drafted ends up being the best, either. If there's a can't miss prospect (Parsons, etc..) we need to take him.

In case you haven't seen, the rest of the division is doing it's best to keep the Eagles in this. Haskins may not play for Wash this weekend due to stupidity, and if Smith isn't ready, they could drop their game to Carolina meaning the Eagles win 2 games and they're in. This crap ain't over yet, so might want to hold off on the top 5-10 draft talk.

In case you haven't seen, the rest of the division is doing it's best to keep the Eagles in this. Haskins may not play for Wash this weekend due to stupidity, and if Smith isn't ready, they could drop their game to Carolina meaning the Eagles win 2 games and they're in. This crap ain't over yet, so might want to hold off on the top 5-10 draft talk.
Hey, Carolina winning helps us either way. They're a good contender to snag a WR in the draft.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Hurts:

1st Half
24-39-61.5%-306-4-0 7.8ypa 120.3rtg 
11-98-0 8.9ypc
1 fumble (0 lost)
18.5 PPG

2nd Half
17-35-48.6%-199-0-0 5.7ypa 66.3rtg 
18-73-1 4.1ypc
3 fumble (1 lost)
6.5 PPG
“The Eagles passing offense the last two weeks compared to the rest of the NFL:

236 yards per game - 20th
55.4% completion rate - 32nd
6.38 yards per attempt - 29th
3.0 sacks allowed per game - T-5th

Jalen Hurts has looked promising, but this is still a broken offensive scheme.”

Parsons could be that guy in the right scheme. 
I don’t follow CFB at all, so have no opinion on the player, but how often is an off ball LB really an impact player?  Particularly in the last 10 years or so with passing taking over.  How many besides Kuechly can you really say are difference makers?

If we go D that high has to be DL or CB for me.  A truly special safety who can do everything as well maybe.

I don’t follow CFB at all, so have no opinion on the player, but how often is an off ball LB really an impact player?  Particularly in the last 10 years or so with passing taking over.  How many besides Kuechly can you really say are difference makers?

If we go D that high has to be DL or CB for me.  A truly special safety who can do everything as well maybe.
I agree. That's the way the nfl works anymore. I just think parsons us going to buck that trend. 

Agree 💯

Perhaps you enjoy your boy Wentz holding the ball for a sack? :lmao:
Elite don't get benched in a national title game and lose their job. Elite also doesn't have scouts before you transfer suggest that changing NFL positions would be beneficial to your overall career. 

Elite don't get benched in a national title game and lose their job. Elite also doesn't have scouts before you transfer suggest that changing NFL positions would be beneficial to your overall career. 
Please tell me this is a cliff notes version of your schtick :lmao:

They said that to lamar Jackson didn't they?

And did you see hurts come in for a hurt and ineffective tua and Win the sec championship?

Look hes not elite but he's made progress every year since.    Hes a much better passer now than when he was at bama.  Hes got a ways to go.  But  Im impressed with his progress and am excited to see what's next.   

You might want to get used to him cause he's not going anywhere

No way Wentz would beat Dallas this week. Probably not even finish the game after Gallimore, Aldon Smith and DLaw get off of him. But Hurts will make them pay with his feet, take the short pass and expose the linebacker play. I’d bet Philly wins this one with Hurts, and both teams end up discussing who to draft in the 10-15 range, or where ever we all end up after watching WFT go to the playoffs. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
No way Wentz would beat Dallas this week. Probably not even finish the game after Gallimore, Aldon Smith and DLaw get off of him. But Hurts will make them pay with his feet, take the short pass and expose the linebacker play. I’d bet Philly wins this one with Hurts, and both teams end up discussing who to draft in the 10-15 range, or where ever we all end up after watching WFT go to the playoffs. 😂
Assuming WFT doesn’t lose their last 2 because they have to play a practice squad QB.

Users who are viewing this thread