What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (4 Viewers)

No way Wentz would beat Dallas this week. Probably not even finish the game after Gallimore, Aldon Smith and DLaw get off of him. But Hurts will make them pay with his feet, take the short pass and expose the linebacker play. I’d bet Philly wins this one with Hurts, and both teams end up discussing who to draft in the 10-15 range, or where ever we all end up after watching WFT go to the playoffs. 😂
You’re starting to sound worried that our Dak is better than your Dak

You’re starting to sound worried that our Dak is better than your Dak
Huh? Our Dak is on IR. Your Dak will be playing against Dalton and yes I believe Hurts is probably better than him. Not sure what you are trying to assume, so sorry if I made you think I had any confidence in Dalton lol. 

After re reading what you are saying I guess you must have meant in the future, which is not what I said. I was talking about this game Sunday. I made no assumptions on the Dak vs Hurts debate you may be trying to create?

But, if you want to address who is better in the future, you might want to revisit the whole “Wentz will be a better franchise QB than Dak- any day”. That didn’t end well for Wentz it appears. I’m not trying to start a new one, in fact AGAIN, I think Hurts is the best chance to beat Dalton and the Boys THIS WEEK. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Huh? Our Dak is on IR. Your Dak will be playing against Dalton and yes I believe Hurts is probably better than him. Not sure what you are trying to assume, so sorry if I made you think I had any confidence in Dalton lol. 

After re reading what you are saying I guess you must have meant in the future, which is not what I said. I was talking about this game Sunday. I made no assumptions on the Dak vs Hurts debate you may be trying to create?

But, if you want to address who is better in the future, you might want to revisit the whole “Wentz will be a better franchise QB than Dak- any day”. That didn’t end well for Wentz it appears. I’m not trying to start a new one, in fact AGAIN, I think Hurts is the best chance to beat Dalton and the Boys THIS WEEK. 🤷🏼‍♂️
It was a poorly worded joke on my end.  It sounded funnier in my head lol

They said that to lamar Jackson didn't they?

And did you see hurts come in for a hurt and ineffective tua and Win the sec championship?

Look hes not elite but he's made progress every year since.    Hes a much better passer now than when he was at bama.  Hes got a ways to go.  But  Im impressed with his progress and am excited to see what's next.   

You might want to get used to him cause he's not going anywhere
Lamar has struggled a lot more. I still think Lamar has another season or 2 of being good but guys with this skillset aren't long lasting in the NFL. QB is a position you want and hope can be set for 10 or so yrs if you are lucky. I want that and not go looking for a QB every 5-6 yrs. Plus Lamar has gotten smashed in the playoffs. I'm more of a give me the Big Bens, Rodgers, Peyton Manning etc types of the league. 

Hurts 2nd half numbers in games is concerning. I'm just more afraid we trade Wentz and he goes and wins like 3 SBs and Hurts either ends up sucking or just good enough to make the playoffs and we get bounced in the 1st round. But you won't hear people complain about Hurts and just make excuses how this or that with the team is the fault and non of it is his. 

Lamar has struggled a lot more. I still think Lamar has another season or 2 of being good but guys with this skillset aren't long lasting in the NFL. QB is a position you want and hope can be set for 10 or so yrs if you are lucky. I want that and not go looking for a QB every 5-6 yrs. Plus Lamar has gotten smashed in the playoffs. I'm more of a give me the Big Bens, Rodgers, Peyton Manning etc types of the league. 

Hurts 2nd half numbers in games is concerning. I'm just more afraid we trade Wentz and he goes and wins like 3 SBs and Hurts either ends up sucking or just good enough to make the playoffs and we get bounced in the 1st round. But you won't hear people complain about Hurts and just make excuses how this or that with the team is the fault and non of it is his. 
All valid points.

I'm just saying give him a chance and don't generalize.

Hurts isn't great right now. No kidding, he's a 2nd round rookie with no preseason that had no reps in practice as a starter before 2 weeks ago. However, given all that, I expected him to look a LOT worse.  He's been fine. We'll see how he does the last two weeks, but of course he's not going to be the unquestioned starter (unless we trade Wentz, which we shouldn't do).

need2know said:
All valid points.

I'm just saying give him a chance and don't generalize.
I'm more so giving him a chance I think people need to realize he has his has his faults and not gloss over his struggles which Ive seen in numerous places all while dragging Wentz's name through the mud. If Wentz is traded this is what will I think will happen. Hurts has his good games but he's unfortunately too inconsistent. Some of this won't be his fault but most fans will make excuses for him. He'll be here for 4-5 yrs maybe extended and traded eventually but fans will blame everyone but Hurts for any of the struggles and move onto whatever new back up they like. 

This HAS TO CHANGE STARTING THIS YEAR. You can't be having this many misses in drafts 

Guys taken in the 2017 draft after Eagles take Derrick Barnett 13

3 picks later Marlon Humphrey

5 picks Later Adoree Jackson

7 picks later Garret Boles

8 picks later Jarred Davis

14 picks later Tredavius White

19 picks later Ryan Ramczyyk

20 Picks Later Kevin King

22 picks later Budda Baker

27 picks later Marcus Maye

29 picks later Curtis Samuel

30 picks later Dalvin Cook

Guys taken after the Eagles took Sidney Jones in the 2017 draft

19 picks later: JuJu Schuster Smith

24 Picks later Alvin Kamara

26 Picks later Cooper Kupp

Derek Barnett is out and did not travel to Dallas today

Josh Sweat and Kevon Seymour out for rest of regular season

DeSean Jackson officially activated off injured reserve

Jordan Howard and Joe Ostman elevated from practice squad

Elite don't get benched in a national title game and lose their job. Elite also doesn't have scouts before you transfer suggest that changing NFL positions would be beneficial to your overall career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mack Hollins still kind of sucks at least but Agholar is proving he can be a #1. Coaching messed him up here. 
I dunno. Does coaching make you drop easy catches? That was his biggest issue in Philly. He could get open, he could make plays with the ball in his hands, he always showed he had the talent, he would just make huge drops that would kill you.

Nelson Agholar continues to excel in Las Vegas. Maybe just maybe our coaches suck at Coaching.
That TD was vintage 2017 Agholor. It's why they gave him that 5th year option, he had it in him. But he wasn't the same last year. It wasn't coaching, dude stunk, but we always knew it was in his head. He had the talent, just got in his own way.

That TD was vintage 2017 Agholor. It's why they gave him that 5th year option, he had it in him. But he wasn't the same last year. It wasn't coaching, dude stunk, but we always knew it was in his head. He had the talent, just got in his own way.
Guess we'll be saying the same when Carson is lighting it up wherever he lands. 

Guess we'll be saying the same when Carson is lighting it up wherever he lands. 
I mean - yea? We know he has the talent. Can we fix him? Not sure. If we didn't have Jeffrey and DeSean on these contracts, maybe we coulda kept Agholor to try and fix him too?  But on that Raiders contact? Unlikely. You don't usually resign someone who makes 9 mil to a 900k contract like the Raiders got him for.

If the Raisers resign him to $$, we'll see how he handles it. I hope he handles it well and succeeds.  But - come on, this wasn't coaching's fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Vs4qe_1lw
It's cumulative. Yea the drops were the end result but they F'd this guy in the head over the years. Not everyone has the mental makeup to handle being the guy and need to be coached differently. It's just an example of them squandering talent.

Predictions for game thread today:

eagle fans in a win: “Suck it Dallas! Hurts is going to be SB MVP!! Dak’s overrated!”

Boys fans in a win:”Suck it Philly! CeeDee pick is going to get us another division title!!” (And a first round loss🙄)

Eagles fans in a loss: “I wanted to lose, so we can draft pick in front of Dallas. Yeah!!!!”

Boys fans in a loss: 🦗 

😂

Either way, watching our two teams play is about like being at a drag strip and watching two school buses race. Neither have chance to advance. Next season can’t get her quick enough, but considering the year outside of football we should consider ourselves lucky if we are surviving the virus and have our families. Happy holidays to you  🦅’s and cheers to a better 2021. 

eagle fans in a win: “Suck it Dallas! Hurts is going to be SB MVP!! Dak’s overrated!”

Boys fans in a win:”Suck it Philly! CeeDee pick is going to get us another division title!!” (And a first round loss🙄)

Eagles fans in a loss: “I wanted to lose, so we can draft pick in front of Dallas. Yeah!!!!”

😂

Either way, watching our two teams play is about like being at a drag strip and watching two school buses race. Neither have chance to advance. Next season can’t get her quick enough, but considering the year outside of football we should consider ourselves lucky if we are surviving the virus and have our families. Happy holidays to you  🦅’s and cheers to a better 2021. 
I'm looking forward to beating Dallas today.   It always brings a smile to my face

Happy holidays

I'll watch but the juice has been sucked out of the season for me. Making the playoffs would feel like a slap in the face with 6 wins. 

I'm looking forward to beating Dallas today.   It always brings a smile to my face

Happy holidays
I respect that👍🏼
I’ll never root for a Dallas loss to ANY East division foe- draft pick be damned. Go Cowboys 😂

Or the patriots. Can’t stand em.

I'll watch but the juice has been sucked out of the season for me. Making the playoffs would feel like a slap in the face with 6 wins. 
Understandable. But I don’t think any of us have to worry about it if Washington can take care of business. But that’s a crap shoot.

Congrats Philly on the division title this year.  All you have to do at this point is get by Dallas and Washington will offer no resistance next week, particularly if Rivera throws Haskins out there again.  

Congrats Philly on the division title this year.  All you have to do at this point is get by Dallas and Washington will offer no resistance next week, particularly if Rivera throws Haskins out there again.  
We probably lose today. Go congratulate Dallas 

This could be the game that keeps Carson in Philly. Hurts looks like Carson has over the course of the season. Leading to the narrative that it's the coach and the team. 
Yep, barring an amazing comeback here I think you have to keep both. 

He makes a run and gets to the playoffs and doesn’t embarrass himself that’s a different story. 

For about 15 minutes after the DJax TD that put us up 14-3, and Carolina was up 13-0, they pulled me back in and I was ready to jump on the "Let's win this division and see what happens!" train. By halftime, I was back in "Let's see how high we can draft!" mode. 

Mack Hollins and Nelson Agholar the heroes of the night.  Unbelievable. 
Hollins is still bad and he was one of the guys talking trash on Carson outside of Jeffrey. Just was easier to get rid of Hollins than Jeffrey. Agholar looks decent and I'm happy for the kid. Never complained about the fans going after him and took it pretty professionally so I don't have much bad to say about the guy. Hollins can go pound sand in MIA though 

😂

It doesn't even feel like Dallas week which is the worst part 

Users who are viewing this thread