What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

I think today showed Hurts has A LOT TO WORK ON. It just amazes me I'm already seeing the same people who said the excuses for Wentz weren't good and he just stinks they are using for Hurts today. What is it? Wentz Sucks or the Coaches are bad? 

Yeah the kid had no  pre season props to what he has accomplished without it but we are seeing an NFL trend of back ups going first few weeks hot and then finally coming back down to earth. He's a rookie with things to work on for sure. 

For everyone's sake we should hope Caron's issues are fixable and he can be the MVP he was in 2017. However today just proved you can't get rid of Wentz just yet. Gut just tells me we are gonna screw this up so bad and keep the wrong QB in the end or keep everyone and mess both up even more and no fix in sight
Wentz sucks and the coaches are bad😅

Ahead meaning we have played tougher opponents?  So Bengals get the higher pick?

Not that surprising, have you seen our non division opponents?  They've been absolutely brutal (as in they're all really good)
Exactly - weaker SOS gets higher pick.  Yup even despite divisions it makes sense

Exactly - weaker SOS gets higher pick.  Yup even despite divisions it makes sense
Yeah, cause our divs play each other.  So Cinci still got games against our awful teams and we still got games against their great teams.    Granted we get double, but still we faced the NFC west too.

Last place schedule next year. Hopefully top 6 pick as of now. Possibly could get to 3, 4 or 5 if Houston, Cincy and/or Atlanta win next week (and we manage to handle losing). NFC south and AFC West next year. We could be looking at a decent bounce back year if we get healthy and add some talent in the draft despite the cap problems. 

Lol, watching the post game show on youtube. This whole Hurts vs. Wentz things is going to divide this fanbase in 2.

Cracks me up, i am voting for the best QB. Was pulling for Hurts today after his last appearances,  but after today we may be due for a true QB competition. Still, considering the kid didn't have much of a pre-season and rarely got any snaps up until now so maybe he just needs to work on some things. 

And who knows about Wentz. Will some time off and looking from the outside help, or are his issues this year more long-term
Most just want to be right. They don’t care what they see, they’re locked in.

The issues you see with Hurts are the same that were outlined in nearly every scouting report. This is why he was considered a developmental type. The team is so bad it ruined Wentz and is now doing the same to Hurts. If we played 3-4 more games he’d look so beat up and awful because of what’s around him and who’s coaching him. 

The team and coaching has to get better. 

Last place schedule next year. Hopefully top 6 pick as of now. Possibly could get to 3, 4 or 5 if Houston, Cincy and/or Atlanta win next week (and we manage to handle losing). NFC south and AFC West next year. We could be looking at a decent bounce back year if we get healthy and add some talent in the draft despite the cap problems. 
Just commit to the rebuild and not a half ### one. 

Want to get a gauge on how everyone’s feeling right now. Fresh of being eliminated. 

Doug is our head coach next year.

or

Doug is gone. 

Just commit to the rebuild and not a half ### one. 
Well I'd say Alshon, Peters, Djax, JJAW and Barnett are definitely gone. Ertz most likely gone too. Cox and Graham will be tough choices but probably also gone. You can get creative and ax Seamalu and some others to save $500k here and there. That gets you up to about $32-36m in cap savings. Then you try to rework some deals. 

Want to get a gauge on how everyone’s feeling right now. Fresh of being eliminated. 

or

Doug is gone. 
I'm fine either way on Doug staying or going. Lean towards staying but would tell him it's time for real assistants. Let him help pick but tell him what the pool to choose from is. 

Well I'd say Alshon, Peters, Djax, JJAW and Barnett are definitely gone. Ertz most likely gone too. Cox and Graham will be tough choices but probably also gone. You can get creative and ax Seamalu and some others to save $500k here and there. That gets you up to about $32-36m in cap savings. Then you try to rework some deals. 
If Howie and Doug are back I won’t believe any of them are gone until I actually see it. 

or

Doug is gone. 
7-9

13-3

9-7

9-7

4-10-1

Every coaching hire has been bad. Players are regressing left and right. Same stupid loyalty to aging players or ones with a high draft status even though they suck. Scheme is figured out and ever since Reich and Deflillpo left half time adjustments aren’t a thing. Says and does some of the strangest things I’ve seen from any HC. 

If he’s back you will have a QB controversy, while he’s on the hot seat with a bottom 7 roster, zero depth and still starting Alshon-like players all year. With that said you can tack on another 4-5-6 win record up there with a firing around week 13-14. 

This isnt about Hurts vs Wentz, but the Eagles are incapable of having a complete game

Hurts 3 starts:

1st Half
33-53-62.3%-485-5-0 9.2ypa 123.6rtg 
16-151-0 9.4ypc
1 fumble (0 lost)
18.0 PPG

2nd Half
29-60-48.3%-363-0-2 6.1ypa 53.7rtg 
22-89-1 4.0ypc
5 fumble (2 lost)
4.3 PPG

And we haven’t scored over 30 points in a game this year. 

This isnt about Hurts vs Wentz, but the Eagles are incapable of having a complete game

Hurts 3 starts:

1st Half
33-53-62.3%-485-5-0 9.2ypa 123.6rtg 
16-151-0 9.4ypc
1 fumble (0 lost)
18.0 PPG

2nd Half
29-60-48.3%-363-0-2 6.1ypa 53.7rtg 
22-89-1 4.0ypc
5 fumble (2 lost)
4.3 PPG

And we haven’t scored over 30 points in a game this year. 
What are the splits on Carson's Stats?  I feel like he's been way better in the 2nd half of games.

Let's pull a Miami and just play our Rookie QB for the first half, and play our vet QB for the 2nd half!!!!

What are the splits on Carson's Stats?  I feel like he's been way better in the 2nd half of games.

Let's pull a Miami and just play our Rookie QB for the first half, and play our vet QB for the 2nd half!!!!
I’m pretty sure we need spark v2 in the name of Nate Sudfield. 

If they do go this route they HAVE to get a top OC and QB coach. 
Absolutely. Have to hire an OC you see as a potential Head coach in a few years. And have to get a QB coach independent of Doug. Both need to be individuals able to push back bit work under Doug. 

And we need a new DC. Don't care that Schwartz has had injuries and occasionally gets good play against bad QBs. He has no feel for the game to make adjustments. He has no ability to evaluate talent and utilize it properly. Their needs to be a new voice. 

Last place schedule next year.
NFC North and West next year for those games. 

If we come last in the div:
SF @ PHI
PHI @ DET

If we pass the Giants (DAL beats NYG, PHI beats WAS):
ARI (or LAR) @ PHI
PHI @ MIN

If we would have won the division:
SEA @ PHI
PHI @ GB

Absolutely. Have to hire an OC you see as a potential Head coach in a few years. And have to get a QB coach independent of Doug. Both need to be individuals able to push back bit work under Doug. 

And we need a new DC. Don't care that Schwartz has had injuries and occasionally gets good play against bad QBs. He has no feel for the game to make adjustments. He has no ability to evaluate talent and utilize it properly. Their needs to be a new voice. 
I agree 100%. That’s the only way we can avoid a total disaster next season. If things remain entirely the same for the most part next year is just a waste. 

We also HAVE to and I mean HAAAAAAAAVVVVVVEEEE TO nail this draft. Need a couple pro bowl caliber players and a couple more good ones. 

I wonder who's even the favorite to win the division. You'd think Washington, but they laid a turd today. If Alex Smith is back, I think they become the favorites...otherwise, I think Cowboys maybe? At least their offense is the only one clicking right now.

Assuming no miracle division win, I'm thinking Howie and Wentz stays and the coaching staff is flushed and they bring in new staff that will cater to Wentz. Not saying it should happen, but I think this is what will happen.

If it plays out like I'm thinking, it will be a competition for show, but unless Wentz craps the bed completely in the pre-season, he'll be the starter. Or try and trade Hurts in the offseason if he continues playing well. They'll try and sell the fans on a new coaching staff being the answer. This is my terrible prediction for 2021.
Still think this is what's going to happen.

Oh God, we're gonna be the Sunday night game? Who's gonna wanna watch that? 
It's 1PM right now unless its been changed. 

Never mind just saw they changed it. I kind of happy about this in one aspect. I like watching the pain and I will be able to at least watch our last game of the year 

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'll be the contrarian and say Wentz should get the last start. Give him a chance to go out with a strong game and redeem himself from the week one debacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. You're proving my point. Save him for next year and not risk getting him injured. Imagine if he played and tore an ACL. Again, I'm working under the assumption he'll be back as the start next season.
This will be the first off-season he is fully healthy going into it. That includes the regular wear and tear.  He's had a month off from getting hit. Has to feel good physically. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Fast forward to week 16
We might need to consider Raegor to this list of :poop:. Not a great feeling when I woke up this morning and first thing I thought of was what the F happened on that one play to Raegor with 3 blockers ahead of him and all he had to do was beat 1 guy and he failed miserably 😟

Insein said:
This will be the first off-season he is fully healthy going into it. That includes the regular wear and tear.  He's had a month off from getting hit. Has to feel good physically. 
Which means Doug will start him week 17 lol

We might need to consider Raegor to this list of :poop:. Not a great feeling when I woke up this morning and first thing I thought of was what the F happened on that one play to Raegor with 3 blockers ahead of him and all he had to do was beat 1 guy and he failed miserably 😟
Yep. That play was awful. He ran right to the one defender in his way. I guess that's why he's not always on punt return.

:lmao:

Doug might have to go. That's been a steady decline every year since we lucked into the perfect season.
I just figured that after you won a SB you’d be coaching like you had f-you money. He’s a guy 3 years removed and has been clinging to the past and saying just ridiculous things over and over and over. The sad thing is I bet the locker room is the same way. After listening to Miles Sanders yesterday I think they really believe they’re good

So it looks like the Eagles could draft as low as the 3 pick if all the stars aligned.  Though that looks to be nearly impossible given the matchups next week.  I would guess 5 or 6 and still get a true impact defensive player.  Of course this all assumes that they lose to Washington (which is not a sure thing by any means).  

So it looks like the Eagles could draft as low as the 3 pick if all the stars aligned.  Though that looks to be nearly impossible given the matchups next week.  I would guess 5 or 6 and still get a true impact defensive player.  Of course this all assumes that they lose to Washington (which is not a sure thing by any means).  
could get a top2 wr .  please

I just figured that after you won a SB you’d be coaching like you had f-you money. He’s a guy 3 years removed and has been clinging to the past and saying just ridiculous things over and over and over. The sad thing is I bet the locker room is the same way. After listening to Miles Sanders yesterday I think they really believe they’re good
a ton of egos for sure

Users who are viewing this thread