What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dang CNN (1 Viewer)

I’ll take “Willfully Misleading Headlines” for $400, Alex ...

Also, isn’t they’re already a thread on this?

(Just so we’re clear, I meant that the Examiner’s headline was misleading, not Groot’s thread title.)

Hundreds of millions??
Like I said, misleading headline. The $275M number was something his lawyers threw out there to get media attention. They knew they would never get anything close to that. And the Examiner's headline stating that CNN "settled a $275M lawsuit" implies that was what they settled for.

Whatever the number is, my guess is that it's closer to court costs than it is $275M. In fact, I'll tell you what: if it turns out he actually got that much, I will personally pay everyone reading this post the same amount*

* Offer not valid to residents of Florida, Arizona and Planet Earth.

Being a lawyer, do you have an educated guess to what he received?
I don't.  I don't have any idea what came out in initial disclosures, discovery, etc. and haven't really followed the pleadings.  But I'd be surprised if he received a lot of money.

Here's the opinion when WaPo filed its Motion to Dismiss.  It isn't the sort of opinion that would make me call my client and celebrate.  By the same token, it's a different case and CNN's was denied.  

Users who are viewing this thread