What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (6 Viewers)

Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State

The Steelers took a much-needed tight end with Penn State’s Pat Freiermuth. Freiermuth brings a masterful blend of physicality, size, route running, and strong hands that should allow the Steelers to get the successor to Eric Ebron. He will step in and improve the running game and give the Steelers a 12-personnel package they have not had in a long time. The value here is worth it, even if they passed on linemen.

Grade: B+
Pro Football Network

No. 55: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State

Audrey Snyder’s analysis: Freiermuth’s junior season ended abruptly in November due to a torn anterior and posterior labrum that required surgery, but he was still named the Big Ten’s tight end of the year. He sustained the injury in Penn State’s second game, and rather than immediately shutting it down, he wanted to try to play through it. Recovery from the injury held him out of most pro day drills except for pass catching. Freiermuth previously said he was on pace to be full-go by the draft.

Dane Brugler’s analysis: The Steelers first two picks are very reflective of their current window to win now with Ben Roethlisberger. Pittsburgh’s taken a running back and tight end who should be immediate contributors and help the quarterback. His “Baby Gronk”  nickname is a tad ambitious, but he is a physical blocker with dependable hands as a pass-catcher.

Sheil Kapadiais grade: B-

It’s tough to figure out what the Steelers’ overall plan is. Their selection of Najee Harris in the first round suggested they wanted to fill an immediate need that will help them compete in 2021. But their selection of Freiermuth (6-foot-5, 251) suggests they’re thinking about the future, given that they have Eric Ebron under contract.

Freiermuth is a well-rounded prospect who caught 92 balls for 1,185 yards and 16 touchdowns in 30 career games. He’s a physical, big-bodied tight end who can break tackles and win on contested catches. He might not have an especially high ceiling, but Freiermuth has starter-level traits.

The Athletic

This is a sneaky good pick for the Steelers, who had to address the offensive line on Day 2. Green (6-foot-2, 305 pounds) is a three-year collegiate starter who can play guard or center and has good "get off," which coach Mike Tomlin loves. The Steelers spent significant time with Green in the pre-draft process, and he was one of their top interior linemen candidates. The Steelers have improved their offense the last two days with help at running back, tight end and offensive line. -- Jeremy Fowler

Can we trade into end of the round and get Hudson?  Or will be be there next pick and be able to get Wade or Hainsey on the other side of the ball with second 4th?

Like Green a good bit. Guy can maul in the run game.  Little bit of an edge to him.  The versatility is nice too, but I hope theyre viewing him as a C all the way.

Round 4 wishlist in no particular order:

Shaka Toney

Tay Gowan

Jabril Cox (not going to be there)

Stone Forsythe

Jamie Newman

Cade Johnson

If they hadn't drafted Harris, there are some good options at RB.

Cut the #### with the next Gronk talk. I calculated his projected athleticism in RAS. He ain’t no Gronk. Stupid and lazy draft in the first two rounds. They need to cut the bull #### with only drafting guys both Colbert and Tomlin both see.

Cut the #### with the next Gronk talk. I calculated his projected athleticism in RAS. He ain’t no Gronk. Stupid and lazy draft in the first two rounds. They need to cut the bull #### with only drafting guys both Colbert and Tomlin both see.
Tell us what you really think Ice, lol.

Tell us what you really think Ice, lol.
I don’t know how anyone is sitting here and calmly looking at this. It’s putrid. TE has been a crap shoot across the league but a guy who refused to test is supposed to be the next Gronk. Uh, ok. We’ve watched the league spend draft capital on far better prospects that have had minimal impact at TE. OJ Howard, David Njoku, Mike Gesicki, even Fant and Hock have failed to make more than a reasonable impact. Let me put it this way: the Steelers basically made it public knowledge that these two players were their picks for the last three months and no one cared. Not the Browns, Bengals or Ravens and not the rest of the league. There is a reason no one snaked in front of them and it ain’t because they took Lev Bell and Gronk.

Round 4 wishlist in no particular order:

Shaka Toney

Tay Gowan

Jabril Cox (not going to be there)

Stone Forsythe

Jamie Newman

Cade Johnson

If they hadn't drafted Harris, there are some good options at RB.
Hudson or Forsythe would be great.

I want Shaun Wade but like Gowan.  

Hayes or Toney at EDGE. 

Last two picks likely guys who can play special teams or some upside— lb/cb and wr. 

No 5th hurts. 

My targets for today:

OT:  Hudson, Forsythe
CB:  Gowan, Wade, Vincent, Avery Williams
LB:  Hayes, Toney, Britt, Borlund
WR:  Grimes, Surratt. 

Be happy to get a few of these.  Sure there will be a few picks I never heard of though. 

My targets for today:

OT:  Hudson, Forsythe
CB:  Gowan, Wade, Vincent, Avery Williams
LB:  Hayes, Toney, Britt, Borlund
WR:  Grimes, Surratt. 

Be happy to get a few of these.  Sure there will be a few picks I never heard of though. 
Nice list. Some I would add...( in no particular order)

Josh Ball OT

Alaric Jackson OT

Trill Williams CB/S

Shaun Wade CB/S

Shakur Briown CB

Cameron McGone LB

Garrett Wallow LB

Tommy Doyle OT

Quincy Roche EGDE

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice list. Some I would add...( in no particular order)

Josh Ball OT

Alaric Jackson OT

Trill Williams CB/S

Shaun Wade CB/S

Shakur Briown CB

Cameron McGone LB

Garrett Wallow LB

Tommy Doyle OT

Quincy Roche EGDE
Roche and Trill for sure. I just have no feel on where the tackles will fall. 

Users who are viewing this thread