What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (18 Viewers)

Doesn’t seem like a need for 49ers does it?
They have Aiyuk and Deebo, and not much else at WR. And last year they got hit by a ton of injuries and lost Aiyuk and Deebo for significant chunks of time, so they might be looking for solid depth at WR, where they don't have that much invested since everyone is on a rookie deal. 

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
Doesn’t seem like a need for 49ers does it?
I keep thinking that to myself when I hear about a rumor of a team targeting *another* top weapon, do they really need that? 

But then I look at the KC Chiefs, the Bucs, etc., and I think no, they need playmakers if they want to compete at that level. I'd hate it for my Deebo shares (that I was already trying to sell anyway) but it would absolutely make them a better NFL team. Or so goes the theory.

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh
Would be kinda hilarious if Juju signs with the Jets to play with Darnold, and then Darnold gets traded or they draft Wilson 2nd overall. 

Keep JuJu hope alive, Mike Garafolo tweeted out about 10 minutes ago is that Steelers have not closed the door, remain engaged in the situation.

Steelers can only offer a short term contract that's back loaded, since there's no cap room this year.

He won't sign that when he's going to get more elsewhere up front.

Allegedly Chris Wormley re-signed for 2 years. No news on $$, I'm assuming cheaper than Alualu (/hoping it is). 

Wormley posted a gif of Tomlin on Twitter, so pretty guaranteed he's re-signed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuller with 1-yr and $10M to Dolphins.  Maybe JuJu just signs a 2-year deal with the steelers with a high signing bonus, but low base salary this season with the intent to extend him next season with the cap set to explode?

Jets sign Corey Davis to a 3yr/$37.5MM deal. That takes JuJu off their radar.

I think it is down to Steeler, Ravens, and maybe San Fran?
Based on the recent Steelers scouting reports it looks like the Steelers are really interested in a number of mid-round WRs. This could just be to replace James Washington since he'll be a free agent next year, but it could mean they're expecting to lose Juju. If Juju signs a 1 year deal, we won't get him. If he signs a 2-3 year deal (like lots of WRs this offseason) then we have a shot since we have lots of cap space opening up next year. 

I still think he's gone because I def want him to be resigned...

JuJu talking a lot of smack on coaching and playing like "###" during the losing streak.

And Banner just posted a JuJu gif . . . . may know something.

Ravens have inquired with Kenny Golladay. If I was him, I'd put lots of incentives in my deal. "If I have fewer than 100 targets, $5 million bonus". Otherwise, he's going to get what Hollywood Brown got. Diddly squat. 

Another tweet saying JuJu changed his bio "back" to WR for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I am not positive he had altered it previously -- but it does indeed say that currently.  

Apparently wants an extension and the Steelers won't give it to him or possibly they asked him to re-do his deal

Rather have JuJu than Nelson.  Sutton to start.  Need a nickel. But maybe they like other options.
I'm not on that train of thought. Now they need a starting CB, since Haden is just about done, and Sutton is better inside than out. They already had WRs to cover JuJu leaving.

As is, good for him to turn down similar offers from Bal and KC and stay with the team he wanted to all along.

It will be interesting to see what happens next offseason. The Steelers free up a ton of money in the next few years, and I think Canada will use the WRs better, because he'd be hard pressed to use them worse. I think Juju saw that contracts were down this year, but if he has another solid year next year, he could get a big contract, possibly still from the Steelers. 

The Steven Nelson information isn't that surprising. I get that he graded out well, but he seemed to let up a lot of passes in key moments. Maybe too much was put on his plate, but he's getting a lot of money this year and if the Steelers don't view him as a long term answer then it's not surprising that him (or Haden) was cut/traded (if that comes to pass). 

I'm still waiting for extensions to happen to free up cap space. Surprised that none of DeCastro/Haden/Ebron/Watt have been extended (or cut for some) to make more space. 

Turned down a multi-year deal from Eagles too
To me, it seems like a negotiation was made. Something like, yes, $8 mil is below your value. But in 2022 & beyond, we have a ton of free cap space and want you here long term. Could be wrong, but at this point I'm hopeful for a long term deal next offseason. 

It'll be interesting to see if we can trade Nelson for anything, seeing as a "Trade or Cut" is being reported. That doesn't usually lead to a high pick...

One post I saw said "Cut or Traded" but most of them appear to be "Nelson was given permission to seek a trade". That sounds much more like, we'll either keep you or trade you if you find a better deal. Not sure which is closer to the truth yet. I've heard a 3rd or 4th being talked about, but no mention of the other possible teams. 

One post I saw said "Cut or Traded" but most of them appear to be "Nelson was given permission to seek a trade". That sounds much more like, we'll either keep you or trade you if you find a better deal. Not sure which is closer to the truth yet. I've heard a 3rd or 4th being talked about, but no mention of the other possible teams. 
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372966337518182405?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I'm not a fan of this trade off, sorry.

That's fine to like Nelson > Juju. I thought they were going to extend Nelson, but it looks like they didn't agree on his long term value. Maybe if he seeks a trade, finds few or no takers who also want to lock him up, maybe he still signs an extension. 
Nelson is more valuable than a number 2 WR with Claypool behind him. Haden has 1 season left, and Sutton is a downgrade from Nelson on the outside. This move is for a 39 year old QB on his farewell tour.

Nelson is more valuable than a number 2 WR with Claypool behind him. Haden has 1 season left, and Sutton is a downgrade from Nelson on the outside. This move is for a 39 year old QB on his farewell tour.
From watching last year, it appeared like Nelson had regressed from 2019 and that Haden was clearly the better CB (when healthy). I thought extending Nelson was possible, but so was extending Haden (2 year extension w/ voidable years). I think Nelson and Sutton are close to even, and I think that keeping Juju a Steeler is more valuable than keeping Nelson a Steeler (if they extend Juju long term next offseason). If Juju walks next offseason, then this was a wash imo. 

If Nelson is traded then CB becomes another top priority, but it looks like Nelson wasn't ok with whatever offer the Steelers had for him. 

Users who are viewing this thread