What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (3 Viewers)

Regardless of how good he is, or isnt, is really irrelevant.  Its a pretty lousy use of resources.   You're essentially wasting the fifth year option on any first-round running back, let alone one that's pushing 24.

I don't hate the player, I hate the value. There is no way that he is two full rounds better than Kenny Gainwell.  And they still don't have anybody to block for him.

If they couldn't go offensive line here I'd rather they had just taken the best playmaker left on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of how good he is, or isnt, is really irrelevant.  Its a pretty lousy use of resources.   You're essentially wasting the fifth year option on any first-round running back, let alone one that's pushing 24.

I don't hate the player, I hate the value. There is no way that he is two full rounds better then Kenny Gainwell.  And they still don't have anybody to block for him.

If they couldn't go offensive line here I'd rather they just taken the best playmaker left left on left on defense.
What if he’s special though? A superstar? 

I don't hate the player, I hate the value. There is no way that he is two full rounds better then Kenny Gainwell.  And they still don't have anybody to block for him.

If they couldn't go offensive line here I'd rather they just taken the best playmaker left left on left on defense.
I would have been happy with Bolton or Jenkins

Harris’s age is irrelevant, he will be rode hard for his rookie contract and then sign elsewhere. 

Not crazy about the pick but when Darrisaw went it makes sense

Disagree.  The whole point of the draft is to get good players that can help you win.   While value down the road comes into play, we don't know which picks will pan out and what the player's or the team's situation will be in 2026.

This team has a good defense and passing game.  Their running game was dead last and they had worst RB talent in the league.  Last night they made the team better.  

Tonight they need to get a starting Center and hopefully an edge rusher, LT or CB.

Well, I'm definitely disappointed, but I will take draft week to b**** and moan about it, and then be his biggest fan come Fall. I really hope I'm wrong about Harris. I would have rather had Teven Jenkins, Asante Samuel Jr, or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah because I think they could help our team for the next 10 years, instead of the next 4-5. I'm also not convinced that Harris is a sure thing behind our mediocre offensive line. 

I'm hoping that the Steelers either trade up to the early second, or a talent falls to 55, and grab one of:

• Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
  • Trevon Moehrig
  • Teven Jenkins
  • Azeez Ojulari
  • Asante Samuel Jr
  • Landon Dickerson
  • Christian Barmore
  • Creed Humphrey
  • Sam Cosmi
Those are at least other players who had potential first round grades at positions with first round value. Glad we didn't take Dickerson in the 1st, but I'd be more ok with a Dickerson/Harris combo, than if we reach and end up with Harris/Myers. 

I wanted Harris the whole time.  I would have been OK with Jenkins given that all 3 top back were still there.  But what I am happiest about is that we didn't reach for Dickerson.  With all the top Cs still there and plenty of OT, we can win the draft today.  Would not be surprised if they grab Freiermuth or go Defense at 55 though.

Users who are viewing this thread