What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers. Banged up team loses to Buffalo. Looking ahead to 2024 now (13 Viewers)

Got lots of needs. TE and RB were two of them and they got the best and second best one in the draft.  I'm not upset, there was just no way they were going to be able to plug every hole unless they traded back in round one and that's takes two.

Got lots of needs. TE and RB were two of them and they got the best and second best one in the draft.  I'm not upset, there was just no way they were going to be able to plug every hole unless they traded back in round one and that's takes two.
2nd best TE this year is approx 8th best TE in other years. 

Pats have played years with 6th and 7th rounders on the line. You'll be surprised how well the line looks when you have an actual threat in the backfield and an actual dual threat at TE. Good blocker and can catch. 

Putting the most positive spin I can here.  Plan is to keep a TE in to help protect the left side. Effectively making it 6 linemen with the TE who can slip out occasionally to catch the ball n fall forward for a few extra yards. 

There are needs and then needs. LT is probably after QB the most important position on the field. The Steelers literally don't have 1. Chuks is a terrible RT and that seems to be the plan.

It's negligence & stupidity not addressing the worst line in football.  But yay at least they extended tomlin, oof.

Well, the game plan is obvious this year. Ben will again lead the league in time to throw. The Steelers are going to throw the ball all over the field and Harris will have 60 receptions this season. Rolling the dice with the current line.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when they're ready to announce the next 25 picks I'll be saying "not Creed Humphrey, not Creed Humphrey, not Creed Humphrey.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Freiermuth at 55 Mock:

Pat Freiermuth - TE, Penn State

Spencer Brown - OT, Northern Iowa

Kendrick Green - IOL, Illinois

Shaun Wade - CB, Ohio State

Malcolm Koonce - EDGE, Buffalo

Trevon Grimes - WR, Florida

Tuf Borland - ILB - Ohio State
Here we go!  Dailen Hayes would be possibility in there somewhere though. 

The Steelers got the second-best tight end in the draft. Freiermuth offers shades of Rob Gronkowski at 6-foot-5, 251 pounds, and the ability to stretch the field. With Vance McDonald retired, Pittsburgh needs a do-it-all tight end opposite Eric Ebron. Pittsburgh passed on the chance to address a struggling offensive line. Many good centers and guards were available. But the first two picks, Najee Harris and Freiermuth, seem like quintessential Steelers with toughness and production. Tough to knock that. -- Jeremy Fowler

The most complete "Y" tight end in the draft, Friermuth is a nasty in-line blocker with the capacity to move defenders in the running game while also flashing enough quickness to climb to the second level. As a pass catcher, he is a chain mover with soft hands and an uncanny knack for getting open between the hashes. The Penn State product should man the position for a decade in Pittsburgh as a Jason Witten-like playmaker over the middle of the field.- - NFL.com

Users who are viewing this thread