Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The ***OFFICIAL*** Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

11 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Harris does not appear to have breakaway speed, he was frequently caught from behind by LBs and CBs. He's solid at getting 10 yard rushes, but has very few long runs/TDs. That probably won't increase at the next level with faster players. My other fear is that behind a poor offensive line he'll be like Barkley or Gurley (early years) where what potential he does have is wasted because he gets hit as soon as he gets the ball. 

What are the metrics that will make this a successful pick? If he averages 5 yards per carry? If we make a deeper run into the playoffs since our running game actually functions? If he plays more than 12 games a season?

If he gets hurt and misses games each year, I'm sure that people will point that out as an excuse, but that's more expected with RBs than almost every other position. Just look at Barkley and Cmac. 

This feels like when we needed a CB so we took Artie Burns, or needed a Safety so we took Terrell Edmunds. I think that Harris will be a better pro than both of them (combined), but the positional value hurts and it feels like a pick to optimize 1 year, as opposed to build for the future. 

Tomlin apparently loves him, he was allegedly top 5 on the Steelers Big Board, eventually I'll come around and find reasons to be optimistic and believe that this was the right choice, I just need a minute to wallow lol. If JOK or Azeez become all-pros I will definitely come back to say I told you so, and if Harris leads us to the AFC Championship I'll come back for some crow. 

He seems like a very upstanding young gentleman, and probably a great person to have around a young QB. Here's hoping that he single handedly turns around our running game for the next 5 years. 

Excellent analysis. Give me two helpings of that crow if I’m wrong. Two comments

1- To have success in the NFL, Harris needs an above average OL to open holes.  Oof! 

2-  A #5 player on the draft board screams this guy is a can’t miss difference maker. How do you defend putting Harris there when he can’t outrun average NFL defense linemen? Whomever set the draft board should be fired. 

Got lots of needs. TE and RB were two of them and they got the best and second best one in the draft.  I'm not upset, there was just no way they were going to be able to plug every hole unless they traded back in round one and that's takes two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

Got lots of needs. TE and RB were two of them and they got the best and second best one in the draft.  I'm not upset, there was just no way they were going to be able to plug every hole unless they traded back in round one and that's takes two.

2nd best TE this year is approx 8th best TE in other years. 

• Thinking 1

Putting the most positive spin I can here.  Plan is to keep a TE in to help protect the left side. Effectively making it 6 linemen with the TE who can slip out occasionally to catch the ball n fall forward for a few extra yards. 

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

There are needs and then needs. LT is probably after QB the most important position on the field. The Steelers literally don't have 1. Chuks is a terrible RT and that seems to be the plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

It's negligence & stupidity not addressing the worst line in football.  But yay at least they extended tomlin, oof.

1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

2nd best TE this year is approx 8th best TE in other years. 

I think he'd be have been the best one last year and comparable to most years #2. In the Hunter Henry, Cole Kmet mold.

Posted (edited)

Well, the game plan is obvious this year. Ben will again lead the league in time to throw. The Steelers are going to throw the ball all over the field and Harris will have 60 receptions this season. Rolling the dice with the current line.

Edited by geneyus

16 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Will be long season coming up. There's your last place team in afc north.  Maybe they are tanking next year for a qb

5 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Your post screams this voice ——-My link 

Nailed it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Freiermuth at 55 Mock:

Pat Freiermuth - TE, Penn State

Spencer Brown - OT, Northern Iowa

Kendrick Green - IOL, Illinois

Shaun Wade - CB, Ohio State

Malcolm Koonce - EDGE, Buffalo

Trevon Grimes - WR, Florida

Tuf Borland - ILB - Ohio State

Here we go!  Dailen Hayes would be possibility in there somewhere though. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I love Freirmuth, but not getting a LT with one of the top 2 picks is an absolute disaster. 

if they went Jenkins/Freirmuth I would be happy right now 

Edited by JoeSteeler