Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The ***OFFICIAL*** Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have finally reached the point where I view Ben as a liability instead of an asset. It's time for the team to make some tough decisions, and I think they should finally start "retooling" or whatever

Tyson Alualu has resigned with the Steelers on a two year deal after it was originally thought he was signing with the Jags.

For all of you critics of Mike Tomlin out there...he did the right thing backing up Rudolph and taking on ESPN.    

5 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

He has the size and athletic ability to play LT. If Mike Munchak was still around to coach him up, I would feel better about it. 

Dotson and Banner give Klemm all the credit for their development. 

2 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Rankings were all over the place. ESPN had him at 120 and PFN had him at 223. I know nothing about him.

Has allowed 11 sacks in last 33 games. He will need lots of coaching, and might be moved to G.

A developmental pick

5 minutes ago, crushedspirit said:

Has allowed 11 sacks in last 33 games. He will need lots of coaching, and might be moved to G.

A developmental pick

Yeah, he is pretty bad in pass protection 

I hate both of these picks, but on the positive side

When you wait this long to address LT, you are going to have to look for a project. Moore does at least look like he has the size/athletic ability needed to be a starting LT.

Johnson makes no sense to me. I don't see how you play him with Bush. That would be so small in the middle of the field. Johnson has coverage problems. However he hits. He should at least be a good ST player. We are not too far from the draft area where that is OK.

39 minutes ago, crushedspirit said:

A developmental pick

Can anyone remember a worse draft than this? Biggest areas of need and they are reaching, hoping to develop.  What a disaster of a draft.

I actually like the first 3 rounds. Green could start at C. He will battle Finney and the loser will backup all 3 interior positions. 

Not sure about Moore. I think Steelers like Chuks at LT and obviously Banner at RT. 

Johnson though, I don’t get going ILB instead of Edge or Nickel. 

• Like 1

i just don't understand what's happening. how desperate could you be to draft a player who has lasted into the 5th round and who has an UDFA grade by everyone? i know this team has generally earned the benefit of the doubt, but what are we doing out here?!?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Late rounder or uda says kiper!  And we traded a 4th?!  For Wade I said, guys!

I think you have the wrong CB, but trading up for Gowan or Graham would have been great.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I think you have the wrong CB, but trading up for Gowan or Graham would have been great.

I liked Wade in slot corner for Hilton. Like Gowan too though. 

riddick just tore him apart so I feel better. 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins

I mean, I give them the benefit of the doubt on talent. But I don’t get how bad their intelligence is on other teams if this dude really was more a 7th rounder and we gave up a 4th next year. Know we are counting on some comp picks though. 

11 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I liked Wade in slot corner for Hilton. Like Gowan too though. 

riddick just tore him apart so I feel better. 

He could be a pretty good safety 

21 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Whoever they are after will clearly be available.  cuz they won't be on anybody else's board

Not sure about Moore, but their other 2 recent picks would have been there at 219

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Like Roche. Thought was an earlier grade. 

Most places had him as a Day 3 grade, but he had a good Senior Bowl week and some thought he could bump up. 

Not a bad get in round 6, I suppose.  He has some questions around him, and limited athleticism that could make him playing a more traditional OLB role a challenge, but he's got some power and he can rush the QB

2 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Would have rather a CB or Toney, but this is a decent pick

Toney just cannot, cannot, cannot play vs. the run in the NFL.  That's what's killing him, IMO.

1 minute ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Toney just cannot, cannot, cannot play vs. the run in the NFL.  That's what's killing him, IMO.

Yeah, I think he is purely situational, but pass rush is really valuable 

Posted (edited)

Quite a few interesting UDFA out there 

Shakur Brown - per source is signing with the Steelers 👍

Dylan Moses

DJ Daniel 

Trill Williams 

Adrian Ealy

Alaric Jackson

Cade Johnson 

Sage Surratt

Edited by JoeSteeler