What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Luke Kuechly retires (1 Viewer)

I saw someone dropped him in my dynasty league and I was thoroughly confused since I hadn't seen the retirement news yet.  I still don't think I would have dropped him but at least I understood why after seeing this news. 

Next question...over/under on how long Kuechly is projected as a top-25 LB on FBG dynasty rankings?  

I’m going to set it around March 30th, in hopes that people start thinking about where to slot rookies in the run up to the draft...

Next question...over/under on how long Kuechly is projected as a top-25 LB on FBG dynasty rankings?  

I’m going to set it around March 30th, in hopes that people start thinking about where to slot rookies in the run up to the draft...
I was going to come in here to say how long will Kuechly be ranked higher than Shaq Thompson.....hahaha

Speaking of which, how big of boost does this give Shaq moving forward?  Will they keep him outside and bring in a new middle guy?  Does he step up and take over for Kuechly?  With a new coaching staff coming in how big of a change does this end up being?  Does Thompson actually decline because of a new scheme?  Maybe some good value here is you can predict the future. 

I am in a deeper IDP dynasty, but i made sure to handcuff Kuechly with Shaq. This turned out to be a smart move anyways because Shaq turned into a solid weekly play. Hopefully his production stays at least the same as it is now.

I was going to come in here to say how long will Kuechly be ranked higher than Shaq Thompson.....hahaha

Speaking of which, how big of boost does this give Shaq moving forward?  Will they keep him outside and bring in a new middle guy?  Does he step up and take over for Kuechly?  With a new coaching staff coming in how big of a change does this end up being?  Does Thompson actually decline because of a new scheme?  Maybe some good value here is you can predict the future. 
I have had high hopes for Shaq for a long time, but the reality seemed to be that he was terribly inconsistent. even in games when Luke was out.

This year he really seems to have stepped up production, but with the new coaching staff, possible scheme changes, and his spotty history I am having a hard time giving him a significant bump in projections.

Can’t speak definitively, can’t even remember where I heard it (maybe Kuechly himself?) but it sounded like Shaq would be taking over in the middle. If so, would open up Shaq’s spot on the outside.

As soon as I heard the retirement news I grabbed Jermaine Carter in 2 leagues. He filled in for Shaq one of the last weeks of the season and put up nice numbers, like 8 tackles plus if I recall.

May not end up that way but always good to be proactive if you have the roster spots.

I have a hard time seeing Shaq handle the additional traffic in the middle for run defense. If Phil Snow does get the job, I like Shaq's fit in the other off-ball LB role in Snow's defense. I'd expect him to hold LB2/LB3 value going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread