Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020 Music Thread. 9/11 - Flaming Lips, Everything Everything

2020 albums/songs thread. Kupcho hasn't been around in a while. I'll try and change the thread title on Fridays. Give me your playlist links and I'll add below. 

Stereogum most anticipated 2020 albums

Pitchforks most anticipated 2020 albums

Rolling Stone most anticipated 2020 albums

2020 Playlists:

Northern Voice - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7KEcQRXoqMohWh6Y0tdFCE?si=JK0NIxCATVWLzl7KThwfbQ

Jaysus - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2KRjSkZh9kFkco93SIqH3B

Eephus - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1lcNa3nN8ktIyPAzjYQC5I?si=0HZGBOVcTXW7Lc_qrtesvQ

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2020 albums/songs thread. Kupcho hasn't been around in a while. I'll try and change the thread title on Fridays. Give me your playlist links and I'll add below.    Stereogum most anticipated

In addition to that great Andy Shauf track, here's a few of my favorite new tracks: Feel the Way I Want by Caroline Rose : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3EwDk1zY6g Unchained by Devon Gilf

Hum's reunion album is pretty good if you liked them the first time around.

Some really cool music nerd/blog news at the start of the year as the founder of stereogum, which is the #1 music site aligned to my tastes these days, has bought it back from billboard and it's fully independent again :thumbup:

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/8548204/billboard-hollywood-reporter-media-group-spin-stereogum-sale?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Thanks 1

also, my Release Radar seems to think that I like spanished rap in 2020... now sure how the algorithm picked that up, but I am not a fan - lol.  I have not listened to this weeks yet as I am spinning the new G. Love album now, but it looks more promising. The Districts, Chris Farren, Margo Price, Thrundercat, Soccer Mommy, a couple ALL CAPS bands (which are usually fun), and a bunch of stuff I have never heard of... which are probably spanglish rap. 

• Like 1

BAMBARA - Heat Lightning

The album is out in a couple of months but there's a three track advance single out now.

The video is just like the song: dark and driving.

ETA:  here's a Talkhouse article that's a conversation between the band and Joe Talbot of IDLES

Edited by Eephus

Yeah...decent RR today for the first time Ina month plus.

Dan Deacon

gRMLN

Districts 

Thundercat

Devo (are we not men, this is not Devo...it's Bulgarian hip hop?)

Seu Jorge

Real estate

fuzz (it's a weird turn...or maybe it's also a Bulgarian version)

King krule

Born ruffians

The chats

Bombay bicycle club

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Nigel Tufnel said:

Sticking with this until Pitchfork pulls the rug out from under me tomorrow. 

They gave Source Tags and Codes the ol' ten point zero, IIRC.

Halsey got a middling review from them, and tweeted that she hoped the basement that Pitchfork was run from collapsed. So seems like I'm a Halsey fan now.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Good Posting Judge said:

They gave Source Tags and Codes the ol' ten point zero, IIRC.

Halsey got a middling review from them, and tweeted that she hoped the basement that Pitchfork was run from collapsed. So seems like I'm a Halsey fan now.

They rarely review anything I might like this days. Everything is hip hop or electronic. Guitars are so out of style

1 minute ago, Good Posting Judge said:
7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

The couple new green day tunes I've heard, I've liked. And I'm not a green day guy.

You can take my place on that train, much as I hate to say it.

Leave the Bay Area

26 minutes ago, Nigel Tufnel said:
21 hours ago, Nigel Tufnel said:

Sticking with this until Pitchfork pulls the rug out from under me tomorrow. 

7.8 is about as high as I thought they’d go. 

7+ for guitar rock music is basically a 10 from pitchfork these days. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Brony said:

I really like the new Eminem album, but I probably shouldn't have been listening to it on the drive to school.  But I ain't no ########## ##### #####, so that's tough #### for the kids. 

There were definitely a few very good tracks you ####### ######### mother####ing #### loving #####

Edited by Long Ball Larry
Whoa, language filter needs a tune up based on what it let through there...
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Is there a new parquet courts coming?  Going to see them live in April and wasn’t sure if they were touring to promote a new record.

We haven't gotten the call to lay down more backing vocal tracks, so I'm going to assume a hard no.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

opened RR just now... prior to listening, looks like an epic week:

the men

gbv

anna calvi & courtney barnett (!!?? can't wait to hear this- anna calvi's album last year was one of my faves)

canshaker pi

dan deacon

pscyadelic furs (?... low hopes here, if it's new- but we'll see)

chastity belt

caribou

operator music band

asian dub foundation (!? hoping it's new)

these new puritans

lady lamb

kate tempest

destroyer

ghostpoet

This week has been brought to you by the letter D - Destroyer, Dan Deacon and the Drive-By Truckers.

I'm currently listening to the solo album from Frances Quinlan, the singer from Hop Along.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Eephus said:

This week has been brought to you by the letter D - Destroyer, Dan Deacon and the Drive-By Truckers.

I'm currently listening to the solo album from Frances Quinlan, the singer from Hop Along.

I wonder why Spotify doesn't think I want to hear that drive-by truckers? But does think the new Alicia keys is a must (I was just saying how much I like her...not necessarily her music...in another thread.)

I'm going to recommend Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline, he's been growing in popularity in some time up here. His last album was a concept album set at one night at a party. The new one is also a concept album set at a Toronto diner. It's folky, sometimes moody, well written, where you probably want to pay attention to the lyrics. I just noticed it even caught Pitchfork's attention with a 7.9, which for this type of music these days is pretty high praise but it's been getting strong reviews up here for a while.

Try Again

Neon Skyline

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

The lead singles from this have been 🔥🔥🔥. Going to dive in further later this afternoon

New Braids is good too, speaking of Spotify listening in to conversations in here...

1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

I'm going to recommend Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline, he's been growing in popularity in some time up here. His last album was a concept album set at one night at a party. The new one is also a concept album set at a Toronto diner. It's folky, sometimes moody, well written, where you probably want to pay attention to the lyrics. I just noticed it even caught Pitchfork's attention with a 7.9, which for this type of music these days is pretty high praise but it's been getting strong reviews up here for a while.

Try Again

Neon Skyline

I listened to this album a few days ago and really enjoyed it.  

I'll be going back to it soon.  And I'll have to check out his last one.

• Like 1
Just now, The Dreaded Marco said:

I listened to this album a few days ago and really enjoyed it.  

I'll be going back to it soon.  And I'll have to check out his last one.

That Try Again song was one of my favorite songs from 2019 (but I didn't know that it was going to be on a 2020 album). 

I heard that he wrote ~50 songs about the one night was ex came to town and then he culled that to a single album for Neon Skyline.