What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Music Thread. 9/11 - Flaming Lips, Everything Everything (1 Viewer)

Those reviews are shtick, right?  I gave up on the 3rd song... am I missing something by not sticking around longer?
Think we have similar taste.  It's really not that good and very boring.  No OOOOOMPH at all.   I'll try it again, but nothing has grabbed me so far.  

Yes. I think the later songs are better - though the early ones grow on me. The Yoko stuff at the end of I Want You to Love Me (first song) is unwelcome.

But once you get to Relay, Rack of His, Newspaaper, Ladies - that's great stuff. 
I'll go all in and call the album a masterpiece.  I've never listened to Apple much before and this is outside of the more rock-ish alternative stuff I normally like best.  But so much of this is so great.  Other than the songs you mention, I think Cosmonauts is a standout track and might be a good gateway to the album for others reading.

You should check out the new Days N Daze album ‘Show Me The Blueprints’. It's folk punk.

I know folk punk gets a bad rap, but this is a really special, genre-defying record that I recommend checking out even if you don’t think you like this kinda stuff.
This opened a door for me that I didn't even know existed.  I'm not certain I'll fit through the door or even want to see more of what's on the other side of that door, but I'm grateful to you for pointing it out. 

J

If you like hard rock and haven't checked out the new Local H you might be missing out.  I can't believe this 90s feller still makes #### this good 

White Denim's quarantine record is solid, recorded last month but it's just chill tunes, no Iceagey COVID anthems so far

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Car Seat.. that one record a few years ago hit me right in the sweet spot, with its teenage emotes and extended jams.. but I don't know ever since then its all been a big meh from me. 

Glad peeps like it though.. I know my bros do too.. 

spotify RR with some interesting ones this week...

aptly named Streets single- where the f*&k did April go

grmln

sleaford mods

wire

Tijuana Panthers (full album)

we were promised jetpacks

doves (looks like an ep... looking forward to hearing it)

moses sumney

mogwai (who's the big mogwai fan here... ?)

ray lamontainge

LTW: What’s the thinking with the new compilation Jason?

I’m just seeing as it being a bit of a collector’s piece really. Like sort of hardened fans, and also we wanted to get a proper platform for the stuff that was really early and get proper exposure, like Jolly ####er and Jobseeker, which are all favourites but they are kinda gig favourites, and there wasn’t really any platform to listen to them.

LTW: I was really surprised that Jobseeker was such an old track, it’s so familiar, but there’s not really been an outlet for it has there?

No, so that was one of the main reasons, and also you know, we didn’t just want to do a greatest hits. That would have been a bit crap and we’re not really that type of band. We felt we’d got to a point where it was probably good to get a body of work out there that spanned the career that wasn’t entirely obvious, you know what I mean?

LTW: So you’re not just pulling stuff off albums to repackage, you are giving the fans something else. Is that the idea?

Yes, because there’s seven unreleased tracks on there, and there’s stuff on there that like I say, you can’t get. It’s not anywhere to be listened to yet people are aware of it, so…

LTW: Like Blog Maggot?

Yeh, exactly yeh, you know, that was the main reason really and also just try as an introductory package for places that weren’t too familiar with us, like Australia and the US, Eastern European territories as well that we haven’t got to.
from sleaford mods interview on louderthanwar: https://louderthanwar.com/jason-williamson-sleaford-mods-interview/

If you like Sparks, they have a new one.  If you don't, they're not going to change their act after 50 years.

Users who are viewing this thread