What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2020 Dallas Cowboys *** Jason Garrett responsible for yet another letdown season. Which WR should the Cowboys take with the 10th pick? (1 Viewer)

We have a few unanswered questions....

What will the offense look like? Same system? Can't be, can it?

Will the defense go to a 3-4 base? God I hope not. I HATE the 3-4. Aways have. 

Can we re-sign Quinn? Bennett? Cooper?

Hastur said:
The Lunda Wells hire has me scratching my head a little.
Never heard of him but I’m not too concerned with a lowly TE coach. 

This doesn’t mean he’s a good or bad coach but I do like the idea of a assistant bouncing around to different positions. I think that’s what Bill Belichick did. 

They should have signed Dak last season. Paid him as much up front as possible and it would already have started to look like a bargain. 

I don’t want them to franchise him. 

reports that they offered him 33 mil a year, turned down.  Not sure what he is after, but it will be significant.  Frankly, he has the leverage at this point with nothing Dallas could do to replace him with quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms with free-agent safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, his agency announced.

The deal is worth $4 million for one season, according to Clarence Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Clinton-Dix is coming off a one-year stint with the Chicago Bears, where he posted 78 tackles, five pass breakups, and two interceptions over 16 starts. He'll be reunited in Dallas with Mike McCarthy, who was his head coach with the Green Bay Packers from 2014-18.

Clinton-Dix figures to slot into the Cowboys' starting lineup at the strong safety spot previously occupied by Jeff Heath, who agreed to sign with the Las Vegas Raiders.

The Cowboys have sought improved safety play for years, and reportedly tried to acquire Jamal Adams from the New York Jets at the 2019 trade deadline in what would have been a blockbuster deal.

Clinton-Dix represents the second notable acquisition Dallas has made since the opening of free agency, as the club previously agreed to a deal with defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

Tex

I look at Dix as just another body, doesn't seem like an upgrade.  

But I do like the McCoy signing, hopefully he still has it.  Lots of changes coming, hated to see BJones, Collins and Cobb go, but that is the business.  Wouldn't want the Cowboys to pay the contact that BJones and Cobb got, still haven't seen what Collins got.  

Clinton-Dix is younger than Heath & so far has been a better player.

Ha Ha is a former 2nd-team All-Pro (& Pro Bowler) who could get to that level again under the right circumstances.

Clinton-Dix is younger than Heath & so far has been a better player.

Ha Ha is a former 2nd-team All-Pro (& Pro Bowler) who could get to that level again under the right circumstances.
I basically just remember him being crap in Washington, not expecting much.  

McCarthy had Ha Ha in Green Bay, he must like him to bring him to Dallas. He obviously knows more about him than I do, I’ll trust his take for now

Collins got 1 year 6 million with the Raiders...gotta think that would be doable for the Cowboys.  Makes me think they don't value him like I thought they did.

Collins got 1 year 6 million with the Raiders...gotta think that would be doable for the Cowboys.  Makes me think they don't value him like I thought they did.
Hard to invest in a guy with no production and lots-o-injuries. Plus I think were finally gonna get our Hog in the middle. 

Hasn’t played football in i believe 4 yrs
I don’t suspect that’ll be a big issue with a pass-rusher. If Smith is even remotely close to what he was, it’s highway robbery salary-wise.

I’m assuming he’ll start out as a situational pass-rusher & go from there. These are the type of players you take chances on (as long as the contract is reasonable).

I don’t suspect that’ll be a big issue with a pass-rusher. If Smith is even remotely close to what he was, it’s highway robbery salary-wise.

I’m assuming he’ll start out as a situational pass-rusher & go from there. These are the type of players you take chances on (as long as the contract is reasonable).
2 mil in salary and 2 mil in sack incentives 

— Garafalo

makes me think, maybe Cowboys FO doesn't like Chaisson at 17 overall? If not, any idea which way they go, assuming CJ Henderson is gone?

4 mil is free?
More on Aldon Smith's contract: He will earn a $910,000 base salary and $40,625 every time he is on the active gameday roster, totaling $650,000. He has incentives totaling $2 million. If he reaches eight sacks, he will get $500,000, 10 sacks will earn him $1 million, 12 sacks equals $1.5 million and 14 sacks would net him $2 million. In addition to the bonus money, it equals a one-year deal worth up to $4 million.

Aldon Smith's contract with the Cowboys does not include any guaranteed money at signing, but once he is reinstated by the NFL, he will receive $90,000. Thirty days after reinstatement, he will get another $50,000. When he shows up for training camp, he will receive $100,000, another $100,000 after two preseason games and $100,000 at the end of the preseason. If he does not make the 53-man roster, the Cowboys would be on the hook for $440,000.

Todd Archer espn

Since Garrett was fired I have returned. I was done with the team until a change was made. 

Draft thoughts everyone??? Who is your prediction and your pet cat?

Team Needs:

-DE or edge rusher. Rumours of going to hybrid 4/3 & 3/4.

-CB. Lost Jones. The rest are FAs next year. 
-Safety. Eff, we always need a safety. 
Center. Fred retired.

-Slot WR or TE. Mike is an offensive coach, may want a new toy.

I think Henderson will be gone before 17. Chaisson is a 50/50 chance. I know we like the Center from Michigan (Ruiz-I think).  
Some seem to think the Bama safety McKinney or Delpit from LSU.

Right now, I think the most likely pick is Chaisson.

What I would do...take Jefferson the WR with a small trade down getting a bonus 3rd or 4th pick.  I think he is a match up nightmare that can be moved all over the field with a coach who will finally be creative.

Get your corner in round 2 and fill other holes Rounds 3-5. Can’t wait for the draft, need something sports related desperately to stay sane.  

For better or worse, Dallas has a lot of options with their #1.  I favor going secondary, but Center or DE are fine with me as well.  If Cee Dee is there at 17, the FF player in me will be all over it, but I dont think that is best for the team. 

Users who are viewing this thread