What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 OFFENSE/DEFENSE CONTEST PLAYOFF EDITION*** SUPER BOWL (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
Link to Week 3

THE FINAL WEEK!  You can now use ANY team you want, but only for ONE HALF!  So every single person now hows 4 options on offense (sf 1st half, sf 2nd half, kc 1st half, kc 2nd half) and 4 options on defense (sf 1st half, sf 2nd half, kc 1st half, kc 2nd half)

Standings so far:

Arodin  61
ZWK  57
Neil Beaufort Zod  54
Deamon  38
Dr. Dan  35
-OZ-  35
TheWinz  30
Riffraff  30
Pip's Invitation  28
kutta  23
QuizGuy66  15
IHEARTFF  -1
Dr. Octopus  -3

Is there any way we could do it where each half is its own game? Like
1st half: O-- SF D-- SF
2nd half: O-- SF D-- KC

Just one game doesn't allow for much movement, and almost half the field is between 28-38.

Just a thought. If not, no prob. Just thought we might want to allow for more movement in the final game. 
Or maybe add the Pro Bowl into it? O: AFC D: NFC? That kind of thing. Just throwing it out there. 

Is there any way we could do it where each half is its own game? Like
1st half: O-- SF D-- SF
2nd half: O-- SF D-- KC

Just one game doesn't allow for much movement, and almost half the field is between 28-38.

Just a thought. If not, no prob. Just thought we might want to allow for more movement in the final game. 
Or maybe add the Pro Bowl into it? O: AFC 😧 NFC? That kind of thing. Just throwing it out there. 
I think there would actually be LESS movement if we allowed this.  This would leave only 2 options per half, so there would be a ton of duplicate  results.  In your example, 2nd half SF offense, KC defense, this would be an automatic 0 points.  The only options for any given half, would be to take a team twice:

1st half example (all possibilities)

a:  O- SF  D- SF
b:  O- KC  D- KC
c : O- KC  D- SF- automatic 0 points
d : O- SF D- KC - automatic 0 points

Making up 30 points against multiple teams seems really unlikely, so I'll take a combo most probably won't

O. SF 2nd half

D. KC 1st half

I think there would actually be LESS movement if we allowed this.  This would leave only 2 options per half, so there would be a ton of duplicate  results.  In your example, 2nd half SF offense, KC defense, this would be an automatic 0 points.  The only options for any given half, would be to take a team twice:

1st half example (all possibilities)

a:  O- SF  D- SF
b:  O- KC  D- KC
c : O- KC  D- SF- automatic 0 points
d : O- SF D- KC - automatic 0 points
I should probably post less at 3 am. Thanks!

Lol it seems like @ZWK @Neil Beaufort Zod and @Arodin are all playing chicken with each other to strategize their picks. I'm sensing all 3 will come in a minute before kickoff!  Too bad their picks couldn't be private until all 3 have picked. 

Could maybe get you 3 to message me your picks if that's better?

Lol it seems like @ZWK @Neil Beaufort Zod and @Arodin are all playing chicken with each other to strategize their picks. I'm sensing all 3 will come in a minute before kickoff!  Too bad their picks couldn't be private until all 3 have picked. 

Could maybe get you 3 to message me your picks if that's better?
LOL!  Not playing chicken...just forgot all about this with the extra week off!  Thanks for the reminder, as forgetting would be a truly embarassing way to blow a lead.

And honestly, in the spirit of this being a friendly competition it's only sporting that I post my picks here and let the pursuers strategize around it, rather than trying some anonymous submission.  So here goes:

Off: KC 2nd half

Def: SF 1st half

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!  Not playing chicken...just forgot all about this with the extra week off!  Thanks for the reminder, as forgetting would be a truly embarassing way to blow a lead.

And honestly, in the spirit of this being a friendly competition it's only sporting that I post my picks here and let the pursuers strategize around it, rather than trying some anonymous submission.  So here goes:

Off: KC 2nd half

Def: SF 1st half
Yep Neil needs kc to score 7 more points than SF in the first half. 

Will be interesting to see zwk's pick. 

You caught me. These are what I've been planning, but I was in fact waiting on Arodin to make sure he couldn't block me.

O - KC 1st half
D - SF 2nd half

I like it!  None of the top 3 are aligned, so everyone gets a clean shot!

Should be a good football game too.  Good luck all.

You caught me. These are what I've been planning, but I was in fact waiting on Arodin to make sure he couldn't block me.

O - KC 1st half
D - SF 2nd half
Yes you have the opposites of arodin so one of you should win by a decent margin. 

If kc wins the first half 20-0, that's +20 for you and -20 for him. 

Gonna be interesting!

So, anyone who picked a 1st half squad, SF or KC, offense or defense, scored 10.  Which means the two players (Riffraff and IHEARTFF) who picked the same team O and D in the first half gain no ground. 

NBZ and I had SF Defense here, so I will start scoring positively if KC posts over 10 in the 2nd half.  Meanwhile, ZWK had a 1st half offense score only 10, so while he presently has "taken the lead," unless his SF D can hold KC scoreless in the second half, he figures to end with a single-digit score or worse.  I'm expecting enough scoring here to make this a race between me and Neil.  Seven point lead with my SF D vs. his KC D.

Here we go!

Edit:  Actually Zod and I have the same 2nd half pick, so the lead is safe.  If KC scores >8, I win.  If KC scores <8 ZWK wins.  If KC scores 8 we'll regret not building in a tiebreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's a wrap!  KC's 2nd half offensive explosion dooms ZWK, leaving myself atop the standings and Neil Beaufort Zod in 2nd, while Deamon slips into 3rd.  Till next year!

Arodin  72
Neil Beaufort Zod  65
Deamon  49
ZWK  46
Dr. Dan  35
-OZ-  35
TheWinz  30
Riffraff  30
QuizGuy66  26
kutta  23
Pip's Invitation  17
IHEARTFF  -1
Dr. Octopus  -3

And that's a wrap!  KC's 2nd half offensive explosion dooms ZWK, leaving myself atop the standings and Neil Beaufort Zod in 2nd, while Deamon slips into 3rd.  Till next year!

Arodin  72
Neil Beaufort Zod  65
Deamon  49
ZWK  46
Dr. Dan  35
-OZ-  35
TheWinz  30
Riffraff  30
QuizGuy66  26
kutta  23
Pip's Invitation  17
IHEARTFF  -1
Dr. Octopus  -3
Congrats to you!  See you next year

Arodin  72
Neil Beaufort Zod  65
Deamon  49
ZWK  46
Dr. Dan  35
-OZ-  35
TheWinz  30
Riffraff  30
QuizGuy66  26
kutta  23
Pip's Invitation  17
IHEARTFF  -1
Dr. Octopus  -3
Awesome thanks for keeping score.  Playoff one was fun.  Congrats on the win.

Such a weird finale with 3 of the 4 scores being exactly 10 - kinda was rooting for a 20-20 overtime at that poiny (but not really)

Until next year :)

-QG

Such a weird finale with 3 of the 4 scores being exactly 10 - kinda was rooting for a 20-20 overtime at that poiny (but not really)

Until next year :)

-QG
I was decidedly opposed to overtime, simply because we never thought to specify whether “KC 2nd half” for instance would or would not include it.

We’ll need to pin that down going forward.  Literally it doesn’t, and although super bowl squares use “final score” rather than “end of regulation” I think we shouldn’t.  Otherwise we boost 2nd half offenses and hurt 2nd half defenses statistically just for the prospect of an overtime period.

It might not have mattered, but I clearly didn't understand the playoff rules. Not a complaint by the way, this is on me. I would have used KC O against Hou, but I was saving them for the SB.

Users who are viewing this thread