Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

would you hang out with those guys without their wives?  Or is there concern they could bring something home?

What exactly are you asking???

• Like 1
  • Replies 52.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shader

• Doug B

• parasaurolophus

• Terminalxylem

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

2 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

What exactly are you asking???

Hahaha. Heading back home in a month and debating trying to hangout with a couple of friends. The guys got vaccinated but I don’t think their wives are eligible yet and obviously the kids aren’t vaccinated. 

15 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So if you were fully vaccinated as were 3-4 other friends, but their wives and kids were not, would you hang out with those guys without their wives?  Or is there concern they could bring something home?

I wouldnt do it, but i dont think it is scoldable behavior and wouldnt judge somebody that did. 

Once my wife is vaccinated I will pretty do anything, even if I am not vaccinated

9 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I wouldnt do it, but i dont think it is scoldable behavior and wouldnt judge somebody that did. 

Once my wife is vaccinated I will pretty do anything, even if I am not vaccinated

Pegging?

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1
21 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So if you were fully vaccinated as were 3-4 other friends, but their wives and kids were not, would you hang out with those guys without their wives?  Or is there concern they could bring something home?

I’d go back to the ‘bubble’ considerations. Once every adult in your bubble is vaccinated, game on. As for others, that’s their decision. The risk is quite low at that point.

21 minutes ago, Fear The Turtle said:

My 97 year old father finally got his first vaccination (Moderna) on Monday. No side effects so far.

Awesome.

My 89 year old mother still won't do it due to crazy immune system responses to meds in her life.  And the fact her brother had bad responses to flu vaccines (twice, then never took it again).

We mentioned Hawaii for her 90th in June.  Loves Hawaii.  NO!  A nice mountain lake we used to go to growing up (sentimental).  NOPE.  A closer (no flight) beach rental home with family only.  NO!  A nice party w/ friends at her home.  NO, I don't want any fanfare!

I then suggested that if she took the JnJ vax (she trusts them from some marketing 50 years ago), we would go to Vegas.  Done deal, didn't think twice, lol.

Just need to figure out how/where to get that JnJ vax.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Lemon party?

56 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Sure. Just wear a condom

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Hahaha. Heading back home in a month and debating trying to hangout with a couple of friends. The guys got vaccinated but I don’t think their wives are eligible yet and obviously the kids aren’t vaccinated. 

We are going on a family vacation in June. Taking my mom to finally see her other kids/grandkids. The kids won’t be vaccinated and I wonder if my sister will be, but my wife and I and everybody else going will be so I feel kind of comfortable about it. I worry about my son not being so, but kids are going to school every day and it seems to be safe so I’m going to try not to worry. 

They just said on the news that people in Texas without a mask who go into stores which require a mask (most of the national chains) are subject to a fine if they dont comply. You've got the Texas governor telling you one thing and all the stores telling you the complete opposite. Really setting everyone up for success here.  :no:

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Get the first shot you can get and be happy about it IMO.  All of them provide fantastic protection against hospitalization and death -- even with one shot.

:goodposting:

Was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I got an email notification that SC is starting 1b March 8th and I'm eligible (over 55). Signed up to get put on the list.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

They just said on the news that people in Texas without a mask who go into stores which require a mask (most of the national chains) are subject to a fine if they don't comply. You've got the Texas governor telling you one thing and all the stores telling you the complete opposite. Really setting everyone up for success here.  :no:

At what level is such a fine being imposed? City level? County level?

Something to remember: A lack of a state mask mandate doesn't necessarily preclude counties and cities from having their own mask measures. Still, I know it was specifically Texas, at some point last year, that had something about the state overruling local mask mandates/laws ... not sure if that's still in play there.

Any reason business-level mask-wearing rules can be enforced with trespassing laws already on the books? I always wondered about why trespassing wasn't more commonly invoked. Don't get your cashiers and greeters involved in giving maskless jerks the bum's rush -- do like New Orleans was doing last summer and have actual police deputies on hand to serve as deterrents.

12 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I got an email notification that SC is starting 1b March 8th and I'm eligible (over 55). Signed up to get put on the list.

I would also start checking Walgreens when you are eligible. You could likely get one faster than waiting in the state system.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Guesstimating that I'll find out when I get the shot in the next ~2-3 weeks.  Not sure what the delay between the appointment confirmation and shot is, but expecting I'll have my tracking device implanted with a month

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, E-Z Glider said:

They just said on the news that people in Texas without a mask who go into stores which require a mask (most of the national chains) are subject to a fine if they dont comply. You've got the Texas governor telling you one thing and all the stores telling you the complete opposite. Really setting everyone up for success here.  :no:

It's a mess.  Just expect some super karens and fight videos in the next few days.

The convoluted system of state, county, city, and local constables all asserting authority has made it where nobody knows who is in charge of this thing.

The Governor pulling off whatever rules he has in many ways opened up the more stringent layers beneath, but those weren't enforced much in the beginning and it is hard to see how those get enforced now.  

Meant to post this last week

Took second dose.   It was rough for me.   Felt super tired that night.   Slept 11 hours.   Woke up still tired.   Achy and flu like.

Plan accordingly.

8 minutes ago, need2know said:

Meant to post this last week

Took second dose.   It was rough for me.   Felt super tired that night.   Slept 11 hours.   Woke up still tired.   Achy and flu like.

Plan accordingly.

How long did it last?  My wife and I both get dose 2 on 3/19.  Having my MIL stay with us that weekend to deal with kids, and I might take off that Monday

8 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

How long did it last?  My wife and I both get dose 2 on 3/19.  Having my MIL stay with us that weekend to deal with kids, and I might take off that Monday

took me about 24 to 36 hours to feel normal again

1 hour ago, Doug B said:

Any reason business-level mask-wearing rules can be enforced with trespassing laws already on the books? 

I believe this is what they said "could" actually happen. As culdeus said, I dont expect it will be enforced anywhere, but do anticipate it will cause much strife between patrons.

Good news on Variants.  T-Cells from vaccines and previous infections recognize the new strains:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crucial-wing-of-immune-system-just-as-good-at-recognising-new-coronavirus-variants-study-finds-nr3xbvhtc

So even if antibodies don't prevent infections from the new strains in all instances, T-Cells should help keep illness mild.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Looking for some advice/guidance. First opportunity to get a shot is March 9th, next Tuesday. Chances are good I will be traveling to CA Friday March 12 for an extended stay 3+ weeks, maybe longer. Do I get the shot? Do I put it off and try to get it in CA? Help a brother out.

49 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Looking for some advice/guidance. First opportunity to get a shot is March 9th, next Tuesday. Chances are good I will be traveling to CA Friday March 12 for an extended stay 3+ weeks, maybe longer. Do I get the shot? Do I put it off and try to get it in CA? Help a brother out.

If you cant make it back in time for your second shot then I wouldnt get it.

6 minutes ago, jobarules said:

If you cant make it back in time for your second shot then I wouldnt get it.

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't scheduled anything and don't want to screw somebody else out of a needed shot.

3 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't scheduled anything and don't want to screw somebody else out of a needed shot.

Where are you located now? How far from CA? Any possibility of flying back for 2nd shot?

CDC says you have 42 days before you *shouldn't* take the second shot.  That is an oddly specific date, right?  Day 41 it's awesome, day 43 you are screwed?  Um, sure.

I'd take the shot and try to get the next one within the 42 day limit.  If you can't get that second shot by then you can work with your doctor on next steps.  Since the UK is doing the single shot thing we should know pretty soon if getting a second shot after 6 weeks is fine or not.  I imagine we'll also start seeing data on folks who missed their second shot and got a different vaccine too.  

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Where are you located now? How far from CA? Any possibility of flying back for 2nd shot?

Currently in SC, getting back might or might not happen given the situation out there. My brother needs 24/7 care and I'm pulling my duty so I'm booking a one way ticket and staying for as long as I can. Working from home frees me up to handle that out there but this vaccine thing literally came up yesterday afternoon so it's thrown me for a bit of a loop.

37 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

one shot is better than none

Just now, beer 30 said:

See I'm thinking that too...I've very torn at this point.

i would take it

On 3/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, jobarules said:

My son is going back to school 5 days a week starting Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just like that POOF its gone. Due to multiple cases in the school the past week the whole building is going remote. Keep in mind due to the cohort my son was in he hasnt been in school since last Friday. This whole thing is an absolute joke. Kids sit in masks all day and sit in the same room all day. Why close the entire school? Just keep those classes remote.

32 minutes ago, jobarules said:

And just like that POOF its gone. Due to multiple cases in the school the past week the whole building is going remote. Keep in mind due to the cohort my son was in he hasnt been in school since last Friday. This whole thing is an absolute joke. Kids sit in masks all day and sit in the same room all day. Why close the entire school? Just keep those classes remote.

Based on this and Chad' experience, maybe going back to school isn't the right move yet?  Not to mention it has been wonderful not having flu, colds, and stomach bugs brought home by the kids this year . . . .

• Sad 1

I think the narrative is and should be that 2 shots is most likely required to keep the immunity long term.  

It will be at least longer, if not more or less indefinite.  The variants as they were try to evade your T-Cells, having as many of these as possible is essential.  

I'm neither a doctor, nor did I stay in a holiday inn last night.  I'm just saying get that second shot as if it's as important as the first.  

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Based on this and Chad' experience, maybe going back to school isn't the right move yet?  Not to mention it has been wonderful not having flu, colds, and stomach bugs brought home by the kids this year . . . .

No kids need to be in school. Shutting down an entire school for 2 cases is the move that's not right. 

2 minutes ago, jobarules said:

No kids need to be in school. Shutting down an entire school for 2 cases is the move that's not right. 

Dude, you don't want an outbreak.  What if a kids brings it home, then a parent or grandparent dies from spread from the kid?  Known clusters need to get stamped out.

Just now, The Z Machine said:

Dude, you don't want an outbreak.  What if a kids brings it home, then a parent or grandparent dies from spread from the kid?  Known clusters need to get stamped out.

Outbreaks aren't happening in schools. Kids need to be in school. This is going on a year now. The kid can bring it home from anywhere. Sorry I disagree 1000% .

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Our area has been in school since September and there have been no outbreaks reportedly caused by schools. 

23 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Outbreaks aren't happening in schools. Kids need to be in school. This is going on a year now. The kid can bring it home from anywhere. Sorry I disagree 1000% .

We've had cluster outbreaks in schools in my state (North Carolina).

9 hours ago, culdeus said:

The Governor pulling off whatever rules he has in many ways opened up the more stringent layers beneath, but those weren't enforced much in the beginning and it is hard to see how those get enforced now.  

I see he is already on TV blaming others for the inevitable rise in infections. He is a real piece of .... work.

High schools seem to be able to spread this thing, below that it's extremely rare to see kids spread it.  I've got family all over the place teaching.  The main vector into the school is club sports and travel.  

10 minutes ago, culdeus said:

High schools seem to be able to spread this thing, below that it's extremely rare to see kids spread it.  I've got family all over the place teaching.  The main vector into the school is club sports and travel.  

I coach travel soccer.  Even though at tournaments it had been mostly maskless and no social distancing....I haven't heard of a single case from anyone near us and we travel about 100 miles in any direction. 

High school sports though...multiple quarantine instances.

True, I guess travel kids could be bringing it back to the schools but rather odd it's 0 to many.

3 minutes ago, SpurrierisisGod said:

I coach travel soccer.  Even though at tournaments it had been mostly maskless and no social distancing....I haven't heard of a single case from anyone near us and we travel about 100 miles in any direction. 

High school sports though...multiple quarantine instances.

True, I guess travel kids could be bringing it back to the schools but rather odd it's 0 to many.

poor punctuation on my part, the club sports families are travelling heavily 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jobarules said:

Disagree.  Our school has been in person hybrid since day 1 this year.   If we get cases we can link together they will isolate those kids and notify and keep going.  If 3 cases can't be isolated likely brought from the outside we go remote.  Multiple times this year we've had cases linked from school contact.  We've also had isolated cases where the school went hybrid 

• Like 1

There seems some magic sauce for keeping this out of schools.  My kids school has had virtually no spread. I attribute that to outdoor lunch and spacing reqs. But who knows

12 minutes ago, culdeus said:

There seems some magic sauce for keeping this out of schools.  My kids school has had virtually no spread. I attribute that to outdoor lunch and spacing reqs. But who knows

masks work

14 minutes ago, culdeus said:

We've had very little spread.  Our kids dont eat lunch, wear mask and are 6 feet apart.  This week they went to everyday.

We've have isolated incidents of spread via school.  Usually its kids got it elsewhere and came to school.  

15 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

My three kids have been in large public schools, full time, 100% in person since 1 Aug 2020 (3 different ones based on their ages).  There are cases here and there, mostly teachers getting it.  But zero outbreaks and they haven't shut down any of the schools for a single day.  Close contacts quarantine, but that is it.  Not one horror story, outbreak, or cluster.  The threat of schools is way overblown - can't speak for high school though, but 8th grade through Pre-k, no issues..

Edited by gobrowns33
spelling...