Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

48 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Is there any information on there on allergy medicines (Allegra type) interacting with the vaccine?  I am still 8 days away from being considered "fully vaccinated" but my spring allergies are starting to kick in and ramp up. I don't want to take anything that could prevent maximum immunity though.  

I don't think there is any guidance to stop taking allergy meds.

2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Good news for Floridians (but maybe a lot of folks just aren't getting vaccinated, which is then bad news too)

Been trying since Monday (50+ eligible) to get an appointment. Can't find a thing available in South Florida. Maybe I'm just not looking at the right place? I did register with the state to have them call me and setup an appointment. Got a call on Tuesday from someone who walked me through a series of questions to see if I was eligible. Since I'm not a front-line worker, I am not eligible according to the person on the phone. Hey #######, I'm 51....I'm eligible. I hung up on them after telling them to forget it, I'll make my appointment somewhere else. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Senor Schmutzig said:

Been trying since Monday (50+ eligible) to get an appointment. Can't find a thing available in South Florida. Maybe I'm just not looking at the right place? I did register with the state to have them call me and setup an appointment. Got a call on Tuesday from someone who walked me through a series of questions to see if I was eligible. Since I'm not a front-line worker, I am not eligible according to the person on the phone. Hey #######, I'm 51....I'm eligible. I hung up on them after telling them to forget it, I'll make my appointment somewhere else. 

I am not surprised at all. It sucks.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, AAABatteries said:

... our largest counties in the metro area are the ones lagging behind and maybe they just don't have the logistics right currently.

I live in NoVA/ Fairfax county, VA.  No appointments available / can’t pre-register for phase 2 (healthy adults under 50) until May 1.  It’s very frustrating...☹️

• Sad 1

Both my kids are 16+. LA is now wide open for 16+ (for the Pfizer) or 18+ for Moderna/JJ vaccines. 

I know a couple have commented that they prefer to wait for now. What are the rest of you guys with kids 16+ thinking?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

Both my kids are 16+. LA is now wide open for 16+ (for the Pfizer) or 18+ for Moderna/JJ vaccines. 

I know a couple have commented that they prefer to wait for now. What are the rest of you guys with kids 16+ thinking?

My daughter is a HS senior ... she wants the vaccine ASAP and we're on board. She will be signed up early next week. No vaccine concerns whatsoever.

My son is in 8th grade and also wants the vaccine ASAP. Sounds like he'll have to wait for the various juvenile trials to be completed and then for FDA authorization. But as soon as it's available, we'll drive him down to get the vaccine. Again, not even a hint of concern.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

I know 2 16 year olds (asthma) that got it with no issue.  My daughter is 15 and we tried to get one fwiw ....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

My kids are 12.   If the vaccine was approved for them, I would get them a dose immediately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Is that because of the vaccine or because of the "third lockdown"

Almost certainly because of the vaccinations.  The older residents (first to get vaccines) go down first, followed by each age group that came next. It's pretty remarkable.  We are still behind them in vaccinations but doing very well.  We should start to see our numbers do something similar in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Is that because of the vaccine or because of the "third lockdown"

Seems like the vaccinations since at the same time period after exiting the second lockdown with no vaccines cases and hospitalizations were heading up.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Senor Schmutzig said:

I still haven't heard from any of the County or State websites I signed up with but I was able to get an appointment this morning with Publix.  They take reservations on Friday and Monday mornings starting at 7 am on their website. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worrierking said:

Almost certainly because of the vaccinations.  The older residents (first to get vaccines) go down first, followed by each age group that came next. It's pretty remarkable.  We are still behind them in vaccinations but doing very well.  We should start to see our numbers do something similar in a few weeks.

It's going to be a lot more than a few weeks.

28 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Getting vaccinated Monday. Wooohoo!

Nice. Publix shows appointments in the Panhandle right now. I managed to get an appointment over the bridge in Largo (some old defunct store by the looks of it) next Wednesday at 3:15. 2nd dose is 4/21. I did it through  It's Phizer if it's 3 weeks, right?

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Nice. Publix shows appointments in the Panhandle right now. I managed to get an appointment over the bridge in Largo (some old defunct store by the looks of it) next Wednesday at 3:15. 2nd dose is 4/21. I did it through  It's Phizer if it's 3 weeks, right?

I thought Publix was only offering Moderna on weekdays and J&J on the weekends. Regardless, the confirmation they send you should say which one.

4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I thought Publix was only offering Moderna on weekdays and J&J on the weekends. Regardless, the confirmation they send you should say which one.

I'm not going to Publix for mine. It's through Hillsborough County and since the managing agency is working with Pinellas as well, I got mine in Largo. My info doesn't indicate which it is, but I am pretty sure it's Phizer.

26 minutes ago, jobarules said:

There have been 89 breakthrough cases on COVID in Minnesota. Out of 800k fully vaccinated. Not sure why this is even news.

Indeed.  Probably the same reason Europeans think vaccines are causing blood clots.  Statistical illiteracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, jobarules said:

There have been 89 breakthrough cases on COVID in Minnesota. Out of 800k fully vaccinated. Not sure why this is even news.

This means 89 people got COVID after being fully vaccinated?  Yeah - that doesn't sound like something to be concerned with.

5 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

This means 89 people got COVID after being fully vaccinated?  Yeah - that doesn't sound like something to be concerned with.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm

11 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

89 out of 800k - we know the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get it and as long as all 89 recover I would consider that a resounding success, no?

Agreed.... Thats why I waited to blast you :P

.01% and could have been a "batch issue"

Edited by belljr
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

89 out of 800k - we know the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get it and as long as all 89 recover I would consider that a resounding success, no?

The article I read said none of the 89 died and there were only a few hospitalizations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Unfortunately I think 50% is going to be a tough lift for some parts of the U.S.  

The good news is a decent chunk of the other 50% should have some immunity already through infection, so that should help.

Fresh off a season where I was allowed to attend zero of my son's HS hockey games (league did not allow spectators) I was really looking forward to spring lacrosse season. First game today, have had it circled on the calendar for weeks. Got an email yesterday that only parents of seniors are allowed to attend. I literally punched my monitor when I read it. Masked, socially distanced, outside, wind blowing about 25 mph presently (game starts in 30 min)...you kidding me? Private school in MA.

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Fresh off a season where I was allowed to attend zero of my son's HS hockey games (league did not allow spectators) I was really looking forward to spring lacrosse season. First game today, have had it circled on the calendar for weeks. Got an email yesterday that only parents of seniors are allowed to attend. I literally punched my monitor when I read it. Masked, socially distanced, outside, wind blowing about 25 mph presently (game starts in 30 min)...you kidding me? Private school in MA.

That's absurd. I'm all for being careful but c'mon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3 hour lunch said:

I’d be tempted to just go. Would they stop you? Could you watch with binoculars from slightly further? 

They're livestreaming it so won't make waves for this one. If it goes beyond this first game though yup me and lots of others will need to be restrained. 

16 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I've been going to basketball games indoors since last May in Georgia.  It's crazy how different the states are handling this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That sounds pretty arbitrary and pointless.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

It would be even safe for parents to be out there without masks while distanced. "Outdoors" pretty much means "COVID can't spread". Gotta pretty much be on top of people and right up in their faces for extended periods of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

That’s my plan after I get vaccinated.

I had daydreams about running around licking subway turnstiles after I got vaccinated, but a year of constant paranoia has proven hard to shake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

So with so many states following suit with opening up the eligibility are we thinking it  could be more about production and distribution or are we seeing folks not getting the vaccine everywhere?

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excited to see that as of next week, I can get the vaccine in California. Notice a  number of places are possible sites. For those who have been getting it do you sign up for  pharmacies (cvs, Walgreens, etc) just to speed up the process in hopes of getting an appointment? Would hate to lose out on a vaccine just because I had to take more time to sign up. Also, can you sign up someone else (such as your wife) or only yourself? Have a feeling I may be trying out appointments at midnight.

14 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

So with so many states following suit with opening up the eligibility are we thinking it  could be more about production and distribution or are we seeing folks not getting the vaccine everywhere?

Right now I think it's the former

• Like 1

10% rise in cases nationwide over the past week. Hopefully this is as bad as the Spring Break/St Patty's Day surge gets. Can't imagine what it would like like if people weren't getting vaccinations.

Edited by DallasDMac

23 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Have a feeling I may be trying out appointments at midnight.

That's what I did last night and got an appointment for Wednesday at CVS. When I tried to schedule one for my wife about 5 minutes later, there wasn't anything left. My appointment is at 4p so I'm just going to have her come with me. I'm assuming since it's late in the day, she will be able to get an "extra" dose that they have on-hand. 

11 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

City of Philadelphia launching a $1.5m vaccine hesitancy campaign. Focused on all the positive things you can do — showing people hugging, eating at restaurants etc. 

This is what we need more of.    More focus on positives, things you CAN do......as opposed to spending all of our time telling people that they need to double-mask the rest of their lives.