What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (15 Viewers)

What do you think people have been doing in the Midwest that they aren’t doing in other states? Are you just talking about wearing masks in some places?
Whatever they’re doing, it probably isn’t worth imitating. I think he’s from South Dakota. Like many of the Plains and neighboring northern Rocky Mountain States, they’ve had case rates among the highest in the nation, despite lower population densities than other hotspots.

What do you think people have been doing in the Midwest that they aren’t doing in other states? Are you just talking about wearing masks in some places?
From what I can tell, life is pretty much entirely back to normal here.  No masks to be seen, everything at full capacity, people out and about, etc.  It's kind of weird to think that there are still parts of the country that are doing this stuff.

Whatever they’re doing, it probably isn’t worth imitating. I think he’s from South Dakota. Like many of the Plains and neighboring northern Rocky Mountain States, they’ve had case rates among the highest in the nation, despite lower population densities than other hotspots.
That's correct.  At one point last year, the Dakotas were literally the worst place on the planet for covid-19.  

Of course, that was prior to vaccination.  Our policies were terrible pre-vaccine but pretty good post-vaccine.  

Now that vaccines are belatedly approved for kids, hopefully some of our states will ditch restrictions and get back to the life that those of us in the Midwest have enjoyed the last six months.
Yeah, I wish.   I hope our midwest state joins the others that have ditched the restrictions soon.  Or maybe it's just our county again? - I've honestly lost track and stopped looking.  

As incredible as this may seem to some in other parts of the country, we’ve essentially been back to normal in my area for 15 months now.  Some companies, like mine, still doing remote work but almost no restrictions on anything - school was in person all of LAST year, no businesses or schools with mask mandates and in person dining, bars, etc.  all open.

I’m not suggesting it was a good thing - I have some people I know who passed away - but more just pointing out the obvious that the reaction and policies around the pandemic were vastly different here (north metro Atlanta - home of the World Champion Braves!). 

Would be glad to see them fire anyone who refuses to get vaccinated.

Hopefully they get a permanently freed up schedule so they can focus on their facebook vax research. 
I get the sentiment and it's frustrating but places like Chicago and NYC aren't replacing thousands of police/fire/EMT's. This is going to come back to bite those big cities in the ### hard. The ranks of those professions were in decline anyhow because of all the other crap going on surrounding them, now you're running out thousands and they won't be coming back.

Good luck, going to get uglier than it already is in the big cities. There are better ways to handle this.

North Dakota is ranked #24, basically at the US avg for deaths per unit of population.  South Dakota is ranked #14 (which isn’t good) with 10% higher deaths per unit of population than the US avg.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

It’s beyond disappointing and sad that we are still seeing 1000-1500 people die per day in the US.   This didn’t have to happen at this stage.  We’re having another 9/11 every 2-3 days.  Wtf is wrong with us as a people?

I get the sentiment and it's frustrating but places like Chicago and NYC aren't replacing thousands of police/fire/EMT's. This is going to come back to bite those big cities in the ### hard. The ranks of those professions were in decline anyhow because of all the other crap going on surrounding them, now you're running out thousands and they won't be coming back.

Good luck, going to get uglier than it already is in the big cities. There are better ways to handle this.
Cool.  What better ways would you suggest?

Cool.  What better ways would you suggest?
Sitting down and discussing the topic with them instead of mandating it to see what you can do to educate and make the base more comfortable with the vaccine. Discuss prior infections and lend some weight to already having some natural immunity. Test and wear masks for those that are unvaccinated. 

It’s beyond disappointing and sad that we are still seeing 1000-1500 people die per day in the US.   This didn’t have to happen at this stage.  We’re having another 9/11 every 2-3 days.  Wtf is wrong with us as a people?
Yea, it is nuts to me that last April, we had these same death numbers and we basically sheltered in place for several weeks. Then we had these same numbers a year ago and we prepared ourselves for a long hard winter. And now, we have people basically rejoicing that things are over :kicksrock:

Sitting down and discussing the topic with them instead of mandating it to see what you can do to educate and make the base more comfortable with the vaccine. Discuss prior infections and lend some weight to already having some natural immunity. Test and wear masks for those that are unvaccinated. 
So basically let them stay unvaccinated for any reason they choose.

Yea, it is nuts to me that last April, we had these same death numbers and we basically sheltered in place for several weeks. Then we had these same numbers a year ago and we prepared ourselves for a long hard winter. And now, we have people basically rejoicing that things are over :kicksrock:
I mean, things are basically over for me and my family.  We’re vaccinated and boosted.  Is our risk zero?  Nope.  But somehow a large portion of the country a) doesn’t want a vaccine, and b) wants life back to normal.  Gee, who’s holding us back from normal?

Btw - I’m sure I’ll get COVID sooner than later.   It might make me somewhat ill.  But my odds of dying from it are a lot lower (due to vaccination) than my odds of dying from all the other risks I take each day/week/month/year like driving 20,000+ miles or eating crappy food that clogs my arteries.

But for a large portion of the country, they are still rolling the dice and skipping a vaccine.  I just don’t get it.

So basically let them stay unvaccinated for any reason they choose.
I didn't say that, you asked for examples of how to handle differently than a all or nothing mandate and I gave some. If you're comfortable losing a third or more of your police force in a city like Chicago or NT that is already a war zone, by all means live with it but you don't have 4,000 recruits just itching to get out of the academy to replace them. I think it's short sighted and you have to do some out of the box thinking to mitigate the losses you are going to see. 

It's going to bite us in the ### with the military in another month too.

True, but the difference is that this time last year, vaccines weren't widely available.  Shutdowns, masks, etc. were all we had, and even then it was really a giant crap-shoot as to whether you would get covid-19 or not, and whether you would wind up on a ventilator or not.  

Now, people who are getting seriously ill are mostly doing so because of their own voluntary decisions.  The rest of us are more or less in the clear.  Obviously breakthrough infections happen -- I know about half a dozen people who have gotten covid post-vaccination -- but those folks recover at home and are back at work after a week or so.  It makes sense that folks have mostly moved on now that the downside risk of infection has been greatly reduced.

In the early days of the vaccine rollout, I might have agreed that your approach made sense. But I think the past six months have demonstrated that it doesn't. First of all, carrots like bonuses and lotteries and free donuts haven't moved the needle enough. Vaccine mandates have. In addition, threats of mass resignations have generally failed to materialize. Unions talk a big game, but when it comes down to it, most people will get a jab before they give up their job.

(Also, not to get too political in an FFA thread, but my personal opinion is that the hardcore anti-vax police officers who do quit over this also probably overlap heavily with the Trumpy types who are most likely to mistreat civilians and most resistant to any type of reform. If the net effect of a mandate is that a lot of people get vaxxed AND we weed out a bunch of Derek Chauvins, that's win-win.)

In the early days of the vaccine rollout, I might have agreed that your approach made sense. But I think the past six months have demonstrated that it doesn't. First of all, carrots like bonuses and lotteries and free donuts haven't moved the needle enough. Vaccine mandates have. In addition, threats of mass resignations have generally failed to materialize. Unions talk a big game, but when it comes down to it, most people will get a jab before they give up their job.

(Also, not to get too political in an FFA thread, but my personal opinion is that the hardcore anti-vax police officers who do quit over this also probably overlap heavily with the Trumpy types who are most likely to mistreat civilians and most resistant to any type of reform. If the net effect of a mandate is that a lot of people get vaxxed AND we weed out a bunch of Derek Chauvins, that's win-win.)
I don't disagree, I think it's pretty stupid at this point that people are saying they are unsure if the vaccine is safe or not and we don't know long term effects, etc. 18 firehouses in NYC beg to differ with highlighted though.

I'm not fighting for these people to stay unvaccinated, I'm pointing out that because of a mandate that I don't think is necessary, you're going to see some very radical, dangerous and irreparable harm done to large cities that were already teetering on the edge. You are obligated to try to do something other than watch thousands of essential personal walk off the job IMO.

I don't disagree, I think it's pretty stupid at this point that people are saying they are unsure if the vaccine is safe or not and we don't know long term effects, etc. 18 firehouses in NYC beg to differ with highlighted though.

I'm not fighting for these people to stay unvaccinated, I'm pointing out that because of a mandate that I don't think is necessary, you're going to see some very radical, dangerous and irreparable harm done to large cities that were already teetering on the edge. You are obligated to try to do something other than watch thousands of essential personal walk off the job IMO.
Unfortunately I disagree here.  I think the mandate is absolutely necessary and the only way to effectively move forward for the population as a whole.  Discussions and education and incentives haven't worked and mandates are the only tool left to get people vaccinated to attempt to return to normalcy.  Lots of things get "mandated" for the good of society and we don't blink much when it comes to that and the examples have obviously been listed multiple times (i.e. other vaccinations in general).

You don't have to get the vaccine.  But there are consequences to that.  Society as a whole has paid many times over for the consequences of being unvaccinated in the setting of a pandemic and it's time to move on and help people make the decision they aren't capable of making for themselves for the good of themselves and others.

As for the repercussions to large cities that you mentioned, I'm ok with one step backward to go two steps forward.  In the end, I believe far more lives will be saved than lost even when you take these potential setbacks into account.  It's time to pull the band aid off.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the two of us (and @gianmarco) are all mostly on the same page in terms of our desired outcomes. The two things we disagree on are a) the effectiveness of mandates in terms of driving more vaccinations (particularly relative to other methods of encouraging shots), and b) the potential of mass resignations over mandates. I believe the former is underestimated and the latter overestimated, and you feel the opposite, but ultimately we can't know for sure until we see how it all plays out.

3Q21 was the worst quarter for life insurance carriers in a LONG time. Not many of us can figure out why. Its not all COVID related. One theory is the lockdowns in 2020 and people not visiting the doctors are catching up with us. Another theory is that coroners in the Southern states were hiding deaths in 2020 for political reasons. Vehicular accident deaths are the highest they have been in years. Crazy stuff.

True, but the difference is that this time last year, vaccines weren't widely available.  Shutdowns, masks, etc. were all we had, and even then it was really a giant crap-shoot as to whether you would get covid-19 or not, and whether you would wind up on a ventilator or not.  

Now, people who are getting seriously ill are mostly doing so because of their own voluntary decisions.  The rest of us are more or less in the clear.  Obviously breakthrough infections happen -- I know about half a dozen people who have gotten covid post-vaccination -- but those folks recover at home and are back at work after a week or so.  It makes sense that folks have mostly moved on now that the downside risk of infection has been greatly reduced.
Another 9/11 every 2-3 days.   We’ve failed as a nation.

Unfortunately I disagree here...
No worries guys, I understand the sentiment and knew my opinion wasn't going to be popular. I hope I'm wrong but I am seeing too many jobs go unfilled that pay very well and don't require you to put your life on the line everyday. We're never going to make up these numbers unless something drastically changes and I don't see that happening given the current environment.

I'm just so sick of talking about and hearing about the vaccine. Its safe and effective. ####### people are stubborn. Im dead set against mandates though. I think people should have the right to choose. For children, I feel indifferent. I see no harm in getting the vaccine but also I'm in no rush to get my son one. If he gets covid, he'll be fine. With all that said, this leads to a big fight my wife and I have been having. She is dead set against getting our son the vaccine. Meanwhile, he gets a flu shot every year. I just cant fathom the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Since Im indifferent at this time Im fine with waiting. But now that Adams won the NYC mayoral race, its only a matter of time that the vaccine will be mandated in schools. She is actually considering taking him out of school and homeschooling him. My non-college educated wife would rather home school my ONLY child rather than get the safe vaccine. This is sheer lunacy. She gets all her info from Facebook and her friends (alot of anti-vaxxers where I live). I have one friend that is looking for homes in Tennessee to be prepared for when the vaccine is mandated to attend schools or play sports.

Fun times.

I invite @IvanKaramazov 's response to the following generalities:

South Dakota has some significant geographic and cultural advantages. It is a large state with a small population. People are spread out, even in what metro-ish areas exist in SD -- I don't think people are ever packed shoulder-to-shoulder on public transportation in Sioux Falls, for example. South Dakota has no national or international travel hubs. There are no NYCs or LAs or Atlantas, Dallases, New Orleans, Miamis, etc.

Accordingly, SD has essentially been able to get away with acting locally like "COVID is over". South Dakota's Delta "surge" was very mild compared to other states, never closely approaching the case rates and death rates of the winter 2020-21 surge. Death rates never rose at all during Delta -- the 7-day-average daily death rate has remained 5 or or below since early February.

The per-capita numbers don't even really tell the story of South Dakota. An isolated town of 3,000 getting hit by 80 cases ... that looks like a flaming hot spot on Johns Hopkins map. But with the next towns 50 miles down the road, those flare-ups don't ignite huge swaths of the state. Not even an event like Sturgis, where 99% of the participants just left the isolated town for their home states anyway.

Simply put: small numbers look big when divided by small denominators. States like South Carolina and Wisconsin have had as many COVID cases as SD has people. Massachusetts, too, with a much smaller geographic footprint.

In sum, South Dakotans haven't "felt" COVID in a long time. It's not slapping them in the face at every turn. There are probably many South Dakotans that still -- in Novermber 2021-- don't know anyone that lives around them that was personally hit hard by COVID.

In total cases per 1 million population, N. Dakota is #1 (the highest) and S. Dakota is #6. You can sort this page to show that: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/  That's not a "getting back to normal" I want any part of.
Those are all-time data, and they include the period I mentioned earlier when the Dakotas were literally the single worst place on Earth if you were trying to avoid covid-19.  Things are fine now.  I mean, we have covid-19 cases, but they're no big deal thanks for vaccination.  

I invite @IvanKaramazov 's response to the following generalities:

South Dakota has some significant geographic and cultural advantages. It is a large state with a small population. People are spread out, even in what metro-ish areas exist in SD -- I don't think people are ever packed shoulder-to-shoulder on public transportation in Sioux Falls, for example. South Dakota has no national or international travel hubs. There are no NYCs or LAs or Atlantas, Dallases, New Orleans, Miamis, etc.

Accordingly, SD has essentially been able to get away with acting locally like "COVID is over". South Dakota's Delta "surge" was very mild compared to other states, never closely approaching the case rates and death rates of the winter 2020-21 surge. Death rates never rose at all during Delta -- the 7-day-average daily death rate has remained 5 or or below since early February.

The per-capita numbers don't even really tell the story of South Dakota. An isolated town of 3,000 getting hit by 80 cases ... that looks like a flaming hot spot on Johns Hopkins map. But with the next towns 50 miles down the road, those flare-ups don't ignite huge swaths of the state. Not even an event like Sturgis, where 99% of the participants just left the isolated town for their home states anyway.

Simply put: small numbers look big when divided by small denominators. States like South Carolina and Wisconsin have had as many COVID cases as SD has people. Massachusetts, too, with a much smaller geographic footprint.

In sum, South Dakotans haven't "felt" COVID in a long time. It's not slapping them in the face at every turn. There are probably many South Dakotans that still -- in Novermber 2021-- don't know anyone that lives around them that was personally hit hard by COVID.
This is fair, but it's worth nothing that none of those things spared us from a really horrific surge last winter.  The Dakotas absolutely did not handle the pandemic well.  Hardly any towns imposed mask mandates or anything resembling a lockdown -- my town did, but we were (I think) literally alone in our state.  The results were pretty much exactly what you would expect: a massive spike in cases that you can still see in the data that @fatness mentioned.  I strongly opposed my state's approach to the pandemic last year.  

Now, though, we're pretty well vaccinated.  I'm sure my state has more than its fair share of anti-vaxxers, but at this point I don't really care.  We've done everything we can to make it easy for people to get vaccinated, and if they're not going to do so that sucks but the rest of us are going to get on with it.  

Basically, I was all in favor of masking, capacity restrictions, bans on indoor gatherings, etc. until vaccines came along.  When vaccines became widely available, that was the right time for that stuff to go away.  Since they were never really here in my neck of the woods anyway, things worked out.  

To be honest, I very rarely even think about covid these days.  Except of course when I'm engaging in work-avoidance on this site and checking out the assortment of threads that I enjoy.  Otherwise it's not much of a thing at this point. 

From what I can tell, life is pretty much entirely back to normal here.  No masks to be seen, everything at full capacity, people out and about, etc.  It's kind of weird to think that there are still parts of the country that are doing this stuff.
But my point is that you’re making a big deal like these other places are on lockdown. Most places you are pretty much back to normal, it’s not the huge divide you make it out to be. Sure you have pockets in some states that are extreme but that’s far from the norm.

I'm just so sick of talking about and hearing about the vaccine. Its safe and effective. ####### people are stubborn. Im dead set against mandates though. I think people should have the right to choose. For children, I feel indifferent. I see no harm in getting the vaccine but also I'm in no rush to get my son one. If he gets covid, he'll be fine. With all that said, this leads to a big fight my wife and I have been having. She is dead set against getting our son the vaccine. Meanwhile, he gets a flu shot every year. I just cant fathom the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Since Im indifferent at this time Im fine with waiting. But now that Adams won the NYC mayoral race, its only a matter of time that the vaccine will be mandated in schools. She is actually considering taking him out of school and homeschooling him. My non-college educated wife would rather home school my ONLY child rather than get the safe vaccine. This is sheer lunacy. She gets all her info from Facebook and her friends (alot of anti-vaxxers where I live). I have one friend that is looking for homes in Tennessee to be prepared for when the vaccine is mandated to attend schools or play sports.

Fun times.
I feel for you bud, that's a #### situation at home with no good solution that you both are going to agree on. My wife is anti-vax as well but it's just us, our kids are long gone and she's told me if COVID is what takes her down then she's ready to meet Jesus. I don't even try. She is diligent on masking and limiting exposure and if she wants to live her life that way forever it's not worth the fight to try to convince her otherwise. After 27 years I know what I'm up against.

You're in a much different situation with a young child. That's an argument that's going to lead to a decision neither of you want to make. Unfortunately there never seems to be a middle ground in situations like this.

With all that said, this leads to a big fight my wife and I have been having. She is dead set against getting our son the vaccine. Meanwhile, he gets a flu shot every year. I just cant fathom the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Since Im indifferent at this time Im fine with waiting. But now that Adams won the NYC mayoral race, its only a matter of time that the vaccine will be mandated in schools. She is actually considering taking him out of school and homeschooling him. My non-college educated wife would rather home school my ONLY child rather than get the safe vaccine. This is sheer lunacy. She gets all her info from Facebook and her friends (alot of anti-vaxxers where I live).
That's an awfully difficult situation to be in. I do admire your concern for your son and hope he stays healthy, and educated. Best of luck to you.

Articles that cite case counts aren't going to very persuasive now that covid-19 isn't particularly dangerous.  Yes, I know, octogenarians with blood cancer are still at high risk from covid-19 even if they're fully vaccinated, but those folks are also at high risk from influenza and nobody considers it a national emergency.  For the rest of us, covid has moved into the category of things we'd prefer not to catch but it isn't that big a deal.  

If you don't want to believe me, that's totally fine.  Keep on masking and keep your kids home from school.  But things really are back to normal here.

No worries guys, I understand the sentiment and knew my opinion wasn't going to be popular. I hope I'm wrong but I am seeing too many jobs go unfilled that pay very well and don't require you to put your life on the line everyday. We're never going to make up these numbers unless something drastically changes and I don't see that happening given the current environment.
Vaccine mandate in NYC went into effect two days ago. 

The heads of the five major unions representing members of the New York City Police Department warned that 10,000 unvaccinated police officers were “set to be pulled from [the] streets” as a Nov. 1 vaccine mandate deadline for New York City employees passed.

Are you aware how many were pulled from the streets? 

The heads of the five major unions representing members of the New York City Police Department warned that 10,000 unvaccinated police officers were “set to be pulled from [the] streets” as a Nov. 1 vaccine mandate deadline for New York City employees passed.

Good to hear  :thumbup:

So is the city going to stop paying the unvaccinated or how is this going to work? Obviously there are repercussions for not getting vaccinated.

This is fair, but it's worth nothing that none of those things spared us from a really horrific surge last winter.  The Dakotas absolutely did not handle the pandemic well.  Hardly any towns imposed mask mandates or anything resembling a lockdown -- my town did, but we were (I think) literally alone in our state.  The results were pretty much exactly what you would expect: a massive spike in cases that you can still see in the data that @fatness mentioned.  I strongly opposed my state's approach to the pandemic last year.  

Now, though, we're pretty well vaccinated.  I'm sure my state has more than its fair share of anti-vaxxers, but at this point I don't really care.  We've done everything we can to make it easy for people to get vaccinated, and if they're not going to do so that sucks but the rest of us are going to get on with it.  

Basically, I was all in favor of masking, capacity restrictions, bans on indoor gatherings, etc. until vaccines came along.  When vaccines became widely available, that was the right time for that stuff to go away.  Since they were never really here in my neck of the woods anyway, things worked out.  

To be honest, I very rarely even think about covid these days.  Except of course when I'm engaging in work-avoidance on this site and checking out the assortment of threads that I enjoy.  Otherwise it's not much of a thing at this point. 
I’d guess winter will be rough in SD and the other highly rural states. Holiday gatherings bringing together the normally isolated rural residents with family members from other more populated areas, especially college kids will cause big problems in the sparsely vaxxed areas.

To your overall point, that won’t affect you much but winter could be rough for the rural hospitals. I worry about the family members back in SD that fit that description because they likely aren’t vaxxed nor the healthiest.

Plus 6000 that applied for religious or medical exemptions who are awaiting their case to be heard.

That's correct.  At one point last year, the Dakotas were literally the worst place on the planet for covid-19.  

Of course, that was prior to vaccination.  Our policies were terrible pre-vaccine but pretty good post-vaccine.  
Now try to wrap your head around a state where the complete opposite is true.  That's where I'm at.  They did a pretty decent job prior to having a vaccine, but have really struggled having the vaccine in hand.  

It's now 89.

There are approximately 6500 other cops in NY who have appealed the mandate for various reasons.  Those appeals are being adjudicated slowly.  Many will be rejected and more cops will be pulled off the streets.  It won't be 10,000, but it could easily be thousands.

3Q21 was the worst quarter for life insurance carriers in a

LONG

time. Not many of us can figure out why. Its not all COVID related. One theory is the lockdowns in 2020 and people not visiting the doctors are catching up with us. Another theory is that coroners in the Southern states were hiding deaths in 2020 for political reasons. Vehicular accident deaths are the highest they have been in years. Crazy stuff.
Here are some charts that show that some states seem to be particualry undercounting their death counts due to covid

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1455176758559444992/photo/1

And it is a problem worldwide too when looking at excess deaths

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1270735561247133696/photo/1

It's now 89.

There are approximately 6500 other cops in NY who have appealed the mandate for various reasons.  Those appeals are being adjudicated slowly.  Many will be rejected and more cops will be pulled off the streets.  It won't be 10,000, but it could easily be thousands.
Yeah but I’d they get rejected, they will have the same choice job vs. vax and I think most will still get the shot.

If you don't want to believe me, that's totally fine.  Keep on masking and keep your kids home from school.  But things really are back to normal here.
It's not a matter of not believing you, Ivan. I just have a different definition of normal than you do. Normal is the sickness and death rate before COVID hit, to me.

I also disagree with you about masking. I got my Moderna booster a couple days ago and I still mask in public places and in my business office, not out of concern for myself but out of concern for others. I realize I can still get COVID and I don't wish to pass it to others; masking lessens the chance that I do. To me that's a no-brainer, wearing a mask to protect others. It's a piece of cloth, like a necktie or underpants. Other people matter.

Thanks for the advice about my kids BTW, but they're in their 40s.

Im calling our home a war zone. Im hoping (praying) Adams can clean this city up because DeBozo ruined it. The crime is ridiculous now.
I live within a quick bike ride of the largest housing project in the US, and some kid on a bike delivered me a tuna poke bowl and some edamame at 2 am last night. 

This is my first experience with a war zone, I don't know what those Syrians are complaining about. 

Regarding NYPD losing police here's my argument:

NYPD pensions are calculated by averaging the last 3 (or 5 occasionally) years income of a retiring officer's career. Including overtime. That average is what they receive, forever, after 20 years. 

Any overtime they accrue the last 3 years, they get paid for that forever, along with the average of their 3 highest earning years. 

These guys are killing it after retirement. Thousands are going to walk away? 

Nah

I live within a quick bike ride of the largest housing project in the US, and some kid on a bike delivered me a tuna poke bowl and some edamame at 2 am last night. 

This is my first experience with a war zone, I don't know what those Syrians are complaining about. 

Regarding NYPD losing police here's my argument:

NYPD pensions are calculated by averaging the last 3 (or 5 occasionally) years income of a retiring officer's career. Including overtime. That average is what they receive, forever, after 20 years. 

Any overtime they accrue the last 3 years, they get paid for that forever, along with the average of their 3 highest earning years. 

These guys are killing it after retirement. Thousands are going to walk away? 

Nah
I mean Adams' #1 reason for winning the primary and the election was because hes an ex-cop that will be tough against crime and finally clean up this city. Or did you ignore the last 8 years.

Sounds like you have it, hope you get better soon.
:goodposting:

Just got results, I do have breakthrough virus. I have a dr appt in a couple hours. One topic to be discussed is monoclonal. Can anyone offer suggestions? I consider myself in good shape, but a lot of muscle mass probably approaches the BMI threshold. If my symptoms are improved today do I just wait it out or is this the sort of treatment there's no harm in doing if available? 

Just got results, I do have breakthrough virus. I have a dr appt in a couple hours. One topic to be discussed is monoclonal. Can anyone offer suggestions? I consider myself in good shape, but a lot of muscle mass probably approaches the BMI threshold. If my symptoms are improved today do I just wait it out or is this the sort of treatment there's no harm in doing if available? 
A close younger friend in his 30s had a break through case as well, he got the monoclonal after about a week of suffering. He said he could tell the effects almost immediately and wished he had done it sooner. He said it increased his energy, but he was still below par for a couple of weeks after treatment. 

I mean

Adams

' #1 reason for winning the primary and the election was because hes an ex-cop that will be tough against crime and finally clean up this city. Or did you ignore the last 8 years.
Hasn't crime been going down in NYC since the late 90's? Seems to be a spike this past year or so, but in general I thought NYC was one of the safest large cities in the world?

Hasn't crime been going down in NYC since the late 90's? Seems to be a spike this past year or so, but in general I thought NYC was one of the safest large cities in the world?
I was under the impression it was going from one of the deadliest to not one of the deadliest, but that might just be my metropolis bias. 

Not a doctor and no direct experience with MCAs, but my understanding is that you should take them as soon as possible after you test positive, and they can make a substantial difference. 

Obviously listen to what your doctor recommends, but my guess is that they will tell you to take them.

Either way, feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread