Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

2 minutes ago, [icon] said:

The problem with this is I think Omicron has a fairly distinct / atypical PCR result, if I'm reading things correctly 

I read that too but maybe we weren't aware that those "markings" on the PCR test was a new variant, at least at first

14 minutes ago, fatness said:

That's the part that worries me. I know kids have recovered more quickly from previous variant but we're not going to know for 5, 10, 20 years the longterm effect of COVID on young people during their formative years. For some bizarre reason there's more talk today about "unknown longterm effects" of vaccination than of COVID itself.

“For some reason”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, belljr said:

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if our latest surge isn't the new variant

My guess is that the current surge is due to relaxation of local mask/distancing/crowding regulations, delta, and people moving indoors as cold weather affects their area. The worst areas currently are in the northeast and north central US. But I admit I'm guessing and we don't know why.

8 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

What i don't understand, is that people that had it don't get reinfected

Yes they do. Look it up in mainstream sources. People have gotten COVID 2,  3, and in a few cases 4 times.

The difference in infections and reinfections is between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Infections, reinfections, hospitalizations, and deaths are much lower among vaccinated people.

1 minute ago, fatness said:

Yes they do. Look it up in mainstream sources. People have gotten COVID 2,  3, and in a few cases 4 times.

The difference in infections and reinfections is between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Infections, reinfections, hospitalizations, and deaths are much lower among vaccinated people.

So the CDC shouldn't say reinfections are rare.

15 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

What i don't understand, is that people that had it don't get reinfected but as 50% of the population has had it.  We always have record numbers.

Omicron is causing reinfection. 

https://twitter.com/tmprowell/status/1466962480329019394?s=21

Hopefully the boosters work or we are all looking at new shots this spring and still working from home. 

Just now, IC FBGCav said:

I had covid, I have been around no less than 20 people that I was in meetings rooms with and they tested positive.  Not once.  Did I get sick.  

I believe you. But you're 1 person, and what happened with you isn't necessarily true for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Hopefully the boosters work or we are all looking at new shots this spring and still working from home. 

It's a safe assumption we're looking at boosters in March or April (plus or minus). Both Moderna and Pfizer are aiming for March with their boosters, modified to deal with omicron.

Just now, fatness said:

I believe you. But you're 1 person, and what happened with you isn't necessarily true for everyone.

I think I am the norm and not the expectation. 

I always have to say this.  I had covid before a vaxx.  I just don’t think vaxx is right for me.  If you have not had covid.   GET THE VAXX!   

I am betting on my natural immunity.  If I didn't have that, I would take the jab!

3 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

I am betting on my natural immunity.  If I didn't have that, I would take the jab!

My oldest son believes what you believe. He's had COVID once, in April 2020, and is currently waiting on the results from his test yesterday to see if he has it again. I personally know people who are not vaccinated who have had COVID twice.

Edited by fatness

5 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

We will see.  Have you had covid?

Not that I know of. I've had no symptoms. I got my second Moderna shot on Easter 2020. I got my booster last month. I've been tested once after being in close contact with 2 people who got it, even though I had no symptoms. The test was negative. If it turns out my son has it I'll get tested again of course. I give a #### about others around me and don't want to spread it.

Let me ask you a question now: are you questioning things yet open to changing your mind? Or just questioning while knowing you won't change your opinion? I think it's the former, or I wouldn't be taking this much time to respond. But it's fair for me to ask.

Edited by fatness

2 minutes ago, fatness said:

My oldest son believes what you believe. He's had COVID once, in April 2020, and is currently waiting on the results from his test yesterday to see if he has it again. I personally know people who are not vaccinated who have had COVID twice.

Well he will have T and B cells to fight it off again.  That is science.  I don't know if after having covid if it helps or hurts.  Thats his decision.  But I know this, and honestly I don't know if it good or bad.  But if I get a vaxx, it will change what my body normally does to protect itself.  But it already protected me.  So don't want to mess with that.

11 minutes ago, fatness said:

Not that I know of. I've had no symptoms. I got my second Moderna shot on Easter 2020. I got my booster last month. I've been tested once after being in close contact with 2 people who got it, even though I had no symptoms. The test was negative. If it turns out my son has it I'll get tested again of course. I give a #### about others around me and don't want to spread it.

Let me ask you a question now: are you questioning things yet open to changing your mind? Or just questioning while knowing you won't change your opinion? I think it's the former, or I wouldn't be taking this much time to respond. But it's fair for me to ask.

I am going with what I grew up with.  I am going with what I know my whole life.  I don't think the science has changed.  My point through this thread has never changed.  There were people I love that said, when you get the vaxx never get covid.  

Their goal posts have changed my never have.  I still think if you are lucky enough to survive getting covid, then don't mess with what protected you.

I was scared to death to get it.  No vaxx.  I would been first inline if I didn't get it.

Edited by IC FBGCav

2 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

I am going with what I grew up with.  I am going with what I know my whole life.  I don't think the science has changed.  By point through this thread has never changed.  There were people I love that said, when you get the vaxx never get covid.  

There goal posts have changed my never have.  I still think if you are lucky enough to survive getting covid, then don't mess with what protected you.

I was scared to death to get it.  No vaxx.  I would been first inline if I didn't get it.

I have no idea what most of this means

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fatness said:

6 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

I am going with what I grew up with.  I am going with what I know my whole life.  I don't think the science has changed.  My point through this thread has never changed.  There were people I love that said, when you get the vaxx never get covid.  

Their goal posts have changed my never have.  I still think if you are lucky enough to survive getting covid, then don't mess with what protected you.

Thanks for the answer. You're not changing your opinion no matter what. I hope you stay well but I'll spend less time responding to you. I don't talk to walls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

That's not what you said.  Do you think the shots harmed anyone.  I agree with what you say above.

I said:

Vaccines aren’t negatively impacting any of our treatment or prevention measures, including those currently available and in development.

That isn’t the same as saying the vaccines haven’t harmed anyone. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fatness said:

Thanks for the answer. You're not changing your opinion no matter what. I hope you stay well but I'll spend less time responding to you. I don't talk to walls.

This is where you are incorrect.  I look at studies.  The Kentucky study encompassed the entire usa.  They only released what happened there.  The data was different everywhere else.  The largest study to date agrees with me.  Now Fauci, cherry picked from that study that boosters help old people and totally ignored the natural immunity part of that study.  Why would anyone do that?