What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (11 Viewers)

We have Congressional elections every 2 years so it’s always gonna be on or near

FWIW some of those other dates were so off by a year or two 

But if you wanna believe these are generically engineered then I’m quite sure nothing will convince you otherwise 
I'm of the belief China put this virus out intentionally or let it come out not intentionally but didn't care. Wanted to control the protests in Hon Cong and did it plus other protest. By quarantine people it gave the government an accuse to use these measures. I don't think they meant for the virus to spread out of control into other countries though. I had a friend who taught in China for the last 5-7 yrs and has always been some what defensive of their government. Even he said he wouldn't rule out the government letting it spread. Call it a conspiracy call it whatever but the restrictions in China and other countries such as theirs governments will do anything to control the mass population. 

Again: No fans for NCAA tournament games in Dayton and Cleveland next week, per a state order.

“This seems difficult for people," Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said. "But we know what’s coming. We know what’s around the corner. … Everything looks the same, but it’s really not.”
It seems like they should be able to have a fan of one team at one end and a fan of the other team on the other end.

"WATCH OUT FOR THE PICK ENZO!"

"Noonan............Noonan........miss it......NOOOOONAN"

Careful with the ratios. It's important that the ABV stays above 60% to be effective. 2/3 will work if the alcohol is 100%. If you've got 90% and mix 2/1 ratio then you're running dangerously close to the line. 
Correct.. 91% isopropyl alcohol is the common percentage of drug-store brand alcohol (Walgreens, CVS, etc.). Using that with aloe vera gel, use 7 parts 91% alcohol to 3 parts aloe vera gel to yield ~63% hand sanitizer.

It will be watery -- the homebrew sanitizer recipe does not yield a gel. And you gotta mix it very well ... spend a few minutes on this and get the gel well incorporated into the alcohol. If you use clear aloe vera gel, the mix should be a translucent milky-white color.

Applying this watery homebrew sanitizer is somewhat different than applying Purell. You'll need more than you think because the homebrew evaporates faster than Purell, making it harder to spread all over the fronts and backs of hands, between fingers, etc. You might need to apply twice -- once for palms and inside of fingers, then again for the backs of your hands. Experiment with application (coverage of all parts of your hand below the wrist) until you get it down pat.

Because of how watery it is, the homebrew sanitizer also works well in little spray bottles ... the travel-size kind that makes a stiff little puff of mist. I made my son a little spray bottle to bring to school. Much easier for him to apply.

I'm of the belief China put this virus out intentionally or let it come out not intentionally but didn't care. Wanted to control the protests in Hon Cong and did it plus other protest. By quarantine people it gave the government an accuse to use these measures. I don't think they meant for the virus to spread out of control into other countries though. I had a friend who taught in China for the last 5-7 yrs and has always been some what defensive of their government. Even he said he wouldn't rule out the government letting it spread. Call it a conspiracy call it whatever but the restrictions in China and other countries such as theirs governments will do anything to control the mass population. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Again: No fans for NCAA tournament games in Dayton and Cleveland next week, per a state order.

“This seems difficult for people," Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said. "But we know what’s coming. We know what’s around the corner. … Everything looks the same, but it’s really not.”
NBA is already in talks to make decisions on possible having games played in cities where it hasn't been effected yet. 

Seattle public schools closing for at least 2 weeks.
I can't find a link that the whole district is closing yet.  I see a couple of schools are:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/two-seattle-public-schools-join-throng-of-115-plus-washington-schools-that-have-closed-over-coronavirus-concerns/

There is also a district meeting happening today 4:15 pacific and I'm sure this will be discussed:

https://twitter.com/SeaPubSchools?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

If you have an insider track, good on ya.

It seems like they should be able to have a fan of one team at one end and a fan of the other team on the other end.

"WATCH OUT FOR THE PICK ENZO!"

"Noonan............Noonan........miss it......NOOOOONAN"
they could easily have at least one fan per section.  If it made them feel better, give the fans a health screening first (temp check, at least).

And, NO HIGH FIVES!

No fever is the big one ... hope that holds up and all ends up well for your son.
Thanks. He did have a mild fever but it passed. The big differences were no Shortness of Breath and his throat was enflamed. 

Plus they discounted his exposure somewhat because it was in a large group setting. He has no idea who exactly was the carrier but he knows it wasn't any member of his immediate group.

Its all coming to a head pretty fast.  This is big for the legal community:

Just received from a clerk in Dane County WI

Dear Counsel,

UPDATE - The Judges have made a decision that all non- essential jury trials will be suspended until after April 17th.  Please let me know if you would like to convert this to a Court Trial and it may then continue. If not, the jury selection scheduled for March 30th will be instead used to schedule a new jury trial date. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Please discuss and inform the Court of your decision at your earliest convenience.

I can't find a link that the whole district is closing yet.  I see a couple of schools are:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/two-seattle-public-schools-join-throng-of-115-plus-washington-schools-that-have-closed-over-coronavirus-concerns/

There is also a district meeting happening today 4:15 pacific and I'm sure this will be discussed:

It’s all over Twitter. Look at @kiro7seattle.

Cant you just skip the aloe and just pour alcohol into your hand and rub it in?
You can also find 70% alcohol in stores (it's usually available in 70% and 91% side by side). Yes, some people do put the 70% in a spray bottle and just use that. If you do that, you'll want to separately use some aloe vera or other moisturizer now and then to keep you hands from cracking. Or maybe some moisturizing soap ... something like that.

Posted here now

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/coronavirus-norwegian-cruise-line-leaked-emails-show-booking-strategy-11590056

“Some of the recommended responses are blatantly false. For instance, cruise bookers were instructed to tell potential customers coronavirus is not a concern in warm Caribbean climates.

"The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," one talking point reads. 

"Scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus," reads a second. 

Another line instructs that "the Coronavirus cannot live in the amazingly warm and tropical temperatures that your cruise will be sailing to."

:lmao:  Jesus 
Say goodbye to the cruise industry. 

If this thing just cannot be stopped from infecting the country, this is where leadership is needed.  I work for a large company.  We are getting direction on what to do, which is why I won't be travelling for probably a long time.

The USA and other countries need leadership.  

There is an argument to be made for not blowing up the economy and shutting everything down.  Instead, plan, plan, plan.  

How about a 1 trillion dollar stimulus package.  Too much?  500 billion, I don't care.

Right now you give every hospital in America 200 people and all the money they need to greatly expand their ICU.  Do whatever it takes.

Buy every ventilator you can.  Work deals with China to buy as many as are needed.  Do this right now.

Let the economy keep going, keep older ones quarantined, kids drop off food at their parents doorsteps...this is all possible.

But it takes leadership and a plan.

Shutting down the entire economy for 2 months if it's going to infect everybody anyway could end up being the wrong move as it will take a terrible situation and make it much worse.

So after all of the finger pointing and buck passing and refusing to run tests, my son finally just went to the school infirmary.

They took his vitals (no fever), listened to his background, and did a basic physical. His throat was enflamed enough that they ran a Strep test. Strep was negative and the doctor told him that he picked up a virus but not Covid 19. He told him to quarantine for 48 hours. 
did the test for covoid?

did the test for covoid?
No. He didn't have shortness if breath. His fever wasn't severe or long lasting enough. Plus his throat was enflamed which isn't consistent enough.

They didn't even test him for regular flu, just Strep because of the inflammation.

No. He didn't have shortness if breath. His fever wasn't severe or long lasting enough. Plus his throat was enflamed which isn't consistent enough.

They didn't even test him for regular flu, just Strep because of the inflammation.
I wonder if they had the means to test even if his symptoms were consistent.  

So far as I'm aware, they can. Advanced COVID patients typically get secondary infections in their lungs ( @Terminalxylem has posted about this in recent days), for instance.
Flu and coronavirus infection can coexist, but it isn’t common, less than 5% of cases in one study in kids. But that was pre-C-19. 

Bacterial infection can complicate viral pneumonia also, and is well described with influenza. It can happen with C-19 too, but I read a clinician’s summary from WA than suggested it isn’t as common as occurs with flu.

Regardless, even if patients don’t present with multiple infections, being hospitalized and exposed to respiratory equipment increases the likelihood of a secondary bacterial pneumonia.

(Another Medrxiv preprint :(  )

Pump the brakes on the "lives in the air" for hours thing -- that's in a very specific laboratory condition which is not met in real life. From the original preprint that is linked in your article (bottom pg 4 - top pg 5) Sorry for bad formatting below. Note that they call the novel coronavirus "HCOV-19" ... the one labeled SARS-CoV-1 is the 2003 SARS virus:

HCoV-19 nCoV-WA1-2020 (MN985325.1)13 and SARS-CoV-1 Tor2 (AY274119.3)14 67 were the 68 strains used in our comparison. Virus stability in aerosols was determined as described previously at 65% relative humidity (RH) and 21-23°C.15 In short, aerosols (<5 µm) containing HCoV-19 (105.25 69 TCID50/mL) or SARS-CoV-1 (106.75-7 70 TCID50/mL) were generated using a 3-jet Collison nebulizer and 71 fed into a Goldberg drum to create an aerosolized environment. Aerosols were maintained in the 72 Goldberg drum and samples were collected at 0, 30, 60, 120 and 180 minutes post-aerosolization on a 73 47mm gelatin filter (Sartorius). Filters were dissolved in 10 mL of DMEM containing 10% FBS. Three 74 replicate experiments were performed.
Photos of the type of machine used in the aerosol experiment.

It's not that the virus "dies" in the air ... it's that gravity does its work and the virus falls to the ground or wherever. It's not like if a COVID carrier sneezed in a doorway at noon, and then you walk through that same doorway at 1 p.m. that there are still sneeze droplets in the air ready to infect you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who was the poster that said SXSW would be cancelled?

And then this other poster kept laughing at him, claiming he was nuts.  Wasn't there a bet on it or something?
The same poster who ignored me when I challenged an unrelated, baseless assertion. Later, he ignored the guy with whom he made the bet

Users who are viewing this thread