What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (7 Viewers)

For the "it'll all blow over when the weather is warmer" crowd - Qatar just went from 24 cases to 262. temp these days consistently in the 80'ies
Clay Davis: "sh###########################t"

:sadbanana:

PNW is screwed.  We love our mild summers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Milan and calling it a lockdown feels a bit sensationalized. Airports are open, train stations are open and we think will remain open. Maybe there will be less flights but partly due to less demand. We understand some mobility still allowed for business purposes or other reasons. It’s only day 1 of the new restrictions so we will see if they ratchet up enforcement or travel control.  Many, including myself, plan to work from home. The main crackdown is on social activities, large crowd events, and schools closed. The American school implemented online school/learning. Restaurants having limited hours (indicates until 6pm. Dinner doesn’t start here until 8 anyway!). My family left yesterday to the US before  this new decree was even known, mainly because stir crazy last couple weeks without much activities here. On this end they had their temperatures checked at airport  and had to fill out a form declaring no symptoms, no contact with infected people, no exposure to restricted area, etc. On the US side in good ol’ Newark, no questions or anything! Normal immigration. 

Anyway, so having said all that, I  guess I need to go check out the Netflix thread and the NFL draft / FF prep threads to keep busy the next few weeks! Stay safe everyone. 
Ok 3 days in. I only really have ventured outside to walk the dogs, go to grocery store or go for a run in the park/around the Castello. I continue to work from home. Maybe next week I’ll consider going to the office, but not many are. My team and contractor are starting to hint at milestone delays but we will see. Authorities have tightened down on moving around so you need a self declaration form ( and indicate work or a couple other reasons). There are fewer and fewer flights but there are some.  Luckily there is a small grocery store a few hundred feet away with no issues. Others I know who go to larger stores say there is security and long lines outside as they only let a few people inside at once. And a colleague went to a cafe and they were only letting in 1 person at a time to order. Inconvenient yes, but take it in perspective. I was hoping the numbers would start to plateau but it hasn’t yet. Record numbers today for the country. I’ll be fine as long as WiFi doesn’t go out and they keep Prosecco on the shelves. 

What did we find out on how this started, eating bags? Something with snakes? Just curious which story is true. 

Ok 3 days in. I only really have ventured outside to walk the dogs, go to grocery store or go for a run in the park/around the Castello. I continue to work from home. Maybe next week I’ll consider going to the office, but not many are. My team and contractor are starting to hint at milestone delays but we will see. Authorities have tightened down on moving around so you need a self declaration form ( and indicate work or a couple other reasons). There are fewer and fewer flights but there are some.  Luckily there is a small grocery store a few hundred feet away with no issues. Others I know who go to larger stores say there is security and long lines outside as they only let a few people inside at once. And a colleague went to a cafe and they were only letting in 1 person at a time to order. Inconvenient yes, but take it in perspective. I was hoping the numbers would start to plateau but it hasn’t yet. Record numbers today for the country. I’ll be fine as long as WiFi doesn’t go out and they keep Prosecco on the shelves. 
Thanks for posting and please keep them coming as interested to see how it is going there.  

What did we find out on how this started, eating bags? Something with snakes? Just curious which story is true. 
There is some DNA from a bat like (Notbatlike) creature called a Pangolin that has been implicated.  Whether this was contracted by eating it or it eating us is unclear.  

I tend to buy the theory that it was from someone being bitten by a live animal rather than bat soup.  This is one of those things that will be hard to prove either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some DNA from a bat like creature called a Pangolin that has been implicated.  Whether this was contracted by eating it or it eating us is unclear.  

I tend to buy the theory that it was from someone being bitten by a live animal rather than bat soup.  This is one of those things that will be hard to prove either way.
Pangolins are scaly anteaters.  They are not "bat like" in any way, other than also being mammals.  

Thanks for the updates...very interesting.

Riots in Standa yet?

I lived in Milan for a few months in my youth...loved the city. 

I'd be interested in PMing some general Milan, non covid questions if you don't mind?

if you want to biology-nerd out: https://web.archive.org/web/20200124223123/https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2020/01/23/2020.01.22.914952.1.full.pdf

TL;DR, from what I could glean without my eyes glossing over: bats are natural reservoirs for coronavirus; they found remarkable similarities in the bat versions and the human versions, even down to the particular ACE (respiratory) receptors and methods of attack; I think they're making well-educated correlations that that's where it might have come from

No crowds at NCAA wrestling tournament either.  I'd hope they do health screenings at the same time as weighins - with kids cutting weight, immunity is really low and obviously close contact is part of the game.  This would spread like wildfire between the athletes.

Too bad there's so much silly bickering in here.... I don't have time to read the whole thing to glean the important info.

I just got back from the store. Some dude with a coughing all over the place kid was going through the produce section teaching him the names of fruits and veggies. 🙄
Happened to me in the refrigerated produce section at Costco yesterday.  Older guy next to me let’s a out a huge sneeze and doesn’t cover his mouth. I give him the stink eye and he just shrugs and says “excuse me” and moves on. If I get it I know where it came from!! 🤒

Happened to me in the refrigerated produce section at Costco yesterday.  Older guy next to me let’s a out a huge sneeze and doesn’t cover his mouth. I give him the stink eye and he just shrugs and says “excuse me” and moves on. If I get it I know where it came from!! 🤒
Sneezing is not a Covid 19 symptom but still gross

JUST IN: The daily NY late night shows (Fallon, Colbert, Seth Meyers, Trevor Noah) are *suspending* studio audiences beginning Monday.

Link

Well I was replying to @BassNBrew with that comment where it was clear he was responding to a comment that was taken well out of context (but I didn't realize that until his later reply), and also at the same time he was criticizing a podcast which he hadn't actually listened to yet.  Still waiting for his feedback on the podcast, but going to assume he's done replying here.
I wasn’t criticizing the podcast. I was criticizing the Reddit poster for criticizing Rogan and then linking to his podcastI wasn’t criticizing the podcast. I was criticizing the Reddit poster for criticizing Rogan and then linking to his podcast

I wasn’t criticizing the podcast. I was criticizing the Reddit poster for criticizing Rogan and then linking to his podcastI wasn’t criticizing the podcast. I was criticizing the Reddit poster for criticizing Rogan and then linking to his podcast
ok.  Well it was confusing, plus your rant about WW2 and all that, which had nothing to do with the point you were discussing.  

The World Figure Skating Championships, scheduled to begin next week in Montreal, have been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak

Link

ok.  Well it was confusing, plus your rant about WW2 and all that, which had nothing to do with the point you were discussing.  
I get your point and apologize for the confusion. I think he could have worded that better by saying the greatest generational threat by a virus or medical threat. There was also advertising in the middle of that paragraphI get your point and apologize for the confusion. I think he could have worded that better by saying the greatest generational threat by a virus or medical threat. There was also advertising in the middle of that paragraph

I get your point and apologize for the confusion. I think he could have worded that better by saying the greatest generational threat by a virus or medical threat. There was also advertising in the middle of that paragraphI get your point and apologize for the confusion. I think he could have worded that better by saying the greatest generational threat by a virus or medical threat. There was also advertising in the middle of that paragraph
Not sure if you're aware that your posts are repeating/doubling? Strange phone issue at a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread